FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 100)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, page one hundred. Oh, stars. Oh. Oh. I, hold on. I need to compose myself. I suppose I, oh, gosh. Wow. I cannot, there just aren't any words. I have to start by saying I, I, I would like to thank the Academy, and my family, for always being supportive and there for me. And I would like to thank the Colorado state legislature for decriminalizing pot even though I don't smoke pot, it just seems relevant somehow. And to all the little people, yes, you're just, you made this all possible. And I would like to bring up Sacheen Littlefeather for a rousing speech about how all our problems are trivial compared to the oppression of the Native Americans and the First Nations. What? We can't do that? Well can we at least get Michael Moore in here to say something that will cause him to get chased off the stage by music? No? Well fine you can keep your awards and your first posts and your Landmarks, I'm just going to go to sleep. Thank you! Thank you all! I'm so blessed to be here!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Hijacked by greatness.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
Hijacked by annoying nonsense. The *rest* of the thread was full of stark observations and realistic conjecture.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew it would speed up near the end, but didn't see that coming
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DustinDopps:
Hijacked by annoying nonsense. The *rest* of the thread was full of stark observations and realistic conjecture.

http://media.giphy.com/media/8Hg2FpkTYkdJC/giphy.gif
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

wait that one sucked i could have used this

http://i.imgur.com/pHvpBxx.gif

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear, it looks like I am late to the party
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

but the last post thread is the party that (inexplicably) never ends
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Cousin Jimmy 's at the door, another beer and he's on the floor...
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

You spelled his name wrong. He's my cousin Vinny.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I humbly apologize for the mistake. Perhaps Vinny would like to meet my cousin Rachel?
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Is Rachel on trial for a murder in Alabama?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Not that I know of. But if that is something Vinny values in a woman, I'm sure something can be arranged.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, page one hundred. Oh, stars. Oh. Oh. I, hold on. I need to compose myself. I suppose I, oh, gosh. Wow. I cannot, there just aren't any words. I have to start by saying I, I, I would like to thank the Academy, and my family, for always being supportive and there for me. And I would like to thank the Colorado state legislature for decriminalizing pot even though I don't smoke pot, it just seems relevant somehow. And to all the little people, yes, you're just, you made this all possible. And I would like to bring up Sacheen Littlefeather for a rousing speech about how all our problems are trivial compared to the oppression of the Native Americans and the First Nations. What? We can't do that? Well can we at least get Michael Moore in here to say something that will cause him to get chased off the stage by music? No? Well fine you can keep your awards and your first posts and your Landmarks, I'm just going to go to sleep. Thank you! Thank you all! I'm so blessed to be here!

Don't forget to add this to your resume
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Especially when you are applying for a job as proofreader.
Marek
Member # 5404

Is posting on hatrack good for your resume?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

It is probably better than mentioning that you post on 4chan.
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

My resume says that I posted "FIRST!" on an internet forum. And, indeed, I was the first commenter on that particular page. It makes me look awesome.
Marek
Member # 5404

Mine says i've had the same mindlessly boring job for a really long time
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

My resume consists entirely of Condescending Wonka memes.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

If i were a boss, i'd hire anyone who brought in that resume
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

My new resume is printed in Comic Sans. Would that negatively influence my chances of getting a job?
Marek
Member # 5404

I prefer them printed in windings 2, but ok
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I find the font unimportant...just make sure the size is 8 pt, so you can pack in the deets of just how AWESOME you are!

Also, use lots of smiley faces and of course DO IT ALL IN CAPS JUST SO THAT YOURS STANDS OUT.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

I also fold my resume into an intricate origami piece before sending it. It's almost impossible to open it without tearing the paper, but I think it really impresses people.
Marek
Member # 5404

I hope the part with contact info is intact
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Well this escalated quickly
Marek
Member # 5404

Origami has that effect on most conversations
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

I forgot to mention that I staple shut one of the folds just to make it extra amusing for the poor HR drone. I'm sure it makes their day better.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Finally they will have a worthwhile use for that de-stapler.
Marek
Member # 5404

is that different from a staple remover?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Probably not. De-stapler is just a direct translation of our local name for this thing.
Marek
Member # 5404

dang, i was excited about this new de-stapling technology
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Thing is, you could still come out with brand new stapling technology in this day and age. It's far from a defunct thing, the way the Selectric might be. My stapler still occupies a proud place on my desk.

BTW, for some reason I thought this thread would have 5000+ posts. Had to think about it.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
The new millennium started January 1, 2001.
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Exactly one year after most people celebrated it. [Smile]
Marek
Member # 5404

yep, 2001 was just another new years, no one cared. maybe y2k drove up the hype for 2000
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

I was just as unconcerned about the new year in 2000 as I was in 2001. To me it is just another example of frivolous partying; celebrating that the earth wasn't hit by an asteroid for another 365,25 days by polluting the air with an incredible amount of fireworks.

*resumes seat in rocker on porch and mumbles to himself "Darn kids..."

Marek
Member # 5404

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Y:
To me it is just another example of frivolous partying; celebrating that the earth wasn't hit by an asteroid for another 365,25 days by polluting the air with an incredible amount of fireworks.

That sounds like a great day
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

There is no such thing as a frivolous party. With that in mind, it is September 4: Eat an Additional Dessert Day!

Everyone come to my house around 7:00 and we'll get wasted and do cheesecake shots.

Marek
Member # 5404

that sounds awesome
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Actually, yesterday it was Enjoy Responsibly Day.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Both shots and cheesecake can be nice.

I'm not entirely sold on the concept of "cheesecake shots".

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

How about FRIED cheesecake shots dipped in ranch, then dipped again in gravy.
Marek
Member # 5404

when does the vodka come in?
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Just as soon as we reach the 5000th post in this thread.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Samprimary
Member # 8561

vegimo
Member # 12618

- posted      Profile for vegimo           Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 95 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
5000 is now yours for the taking.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.