FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 29)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

You can buy as many as you want. So far, they go up 1000 meat each purchase.

You have to "use" them from your inventory - just buying them isn't the same as taking them.

Think I'll just hang onto mine for a few weeks and see if the prices in the mall go up to take advantage of the people that Jick gets hooked.

And then I'll sell them as a public service.

[Evil]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry...you can't sell them.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Cr@p! [Grumble]

[Embarrassed]

I mean, good, those things are too dangerous to be sold over the counter. <insert saintly halo smiley here>

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
hypnodisk

This is a whirling disk with a hypnotic pattern on it. If you wear this thing on your lapel, monsters will be really freaked out. Like, whoah.

Has anyone figured out where to venture for this?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I took the goofballs once, then suffered my withdrawal and didn't get any more.

That was an insidious move by Jick.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray, I'm in! Now what do I do?

[Blushing]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[Big Grin] You adventure Peter...adventurrrrrrrre!
Tammy
Member # 4119

I've been a victim of several random acts of kindness.

It's really added something to my game for me to act kindly to strangers in return.

What a thrill I get out of donating some important items to some clueless Noobs!

I'm still to chicken to smash my hippy crap!

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
The november familiar is up.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
ATTENTION!

quote:
Not Enough Food! If you don't buy at least 120 more Bowls of Oatmeal, some of your soldiers will desert your army by tomorrow!
Who's got the power? Is anyone on tonight who can take care of this? Porteiro? sndrake? Any body? (hears echo)
[Wave]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Crap! Sorry, I was out of town for a week with no access and have been pretty busy the last week. Didn't see the messages til this morning. Just bought some archers and oatmeal. I'll go take a look for applications to the clan.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Raanwi has been accepted into the clan (I figured out where to look). Anyone know who Grey V is?
sndrake
Member # 4941

OK, we now have 500 archers and recliners for them to sit in. Enough oatmeal to last 200 days.

And, because we have over 170 million meat, you'll all get a little surprise the next time you log in. [Smile]

Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I applied to the clan with my character Rogo. May I be accepted?
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Rogo has been accepted into the clan.

Welcome!

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent in my request (my char name is Lupus)
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

And your application has been accepted, Lupus.

(caught me online)

Welcome!

Lupus
Member # 6516

thx
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

man, that game is addictive. It is gooofy but fun.
raanwi
Member # 7029

- posted      Profile for raanwi   Email raanwi         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting me into the clan...I submitted another character for admission: elneis. Could you let me in so I can continue my addiction?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Done
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm retiring from Kol, anyone want my character?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
My interest has been wavering over the past few months. It just doesn't hold your attention that long. [Dont Know]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Too true...
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I'm still kinda having fun with it.

But I'm really easily amused. [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

I'll give you guys my stats if that helps:

class: accordian thief
muscle: 240
mysticality: 239
moxie: 239
clan karma: 6413874
PvP rank: 416
PvP win/loss: 21/20 (only one loss from an attacker, so if you're not into pvp, you should be realitivly well defended.)

and a ton of familiars, most of which are either level 20, or 1.

[ December 06, 2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Jick decided to play Santa today:

quote:
December 25
Like the opposite of a thief in the night, Father Crimbo swung by each and every campsite in the Kingdom and left a little surprise. Check the miscellaneous section of your inventory.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I haven't been playing for weeks at a time ... then I went in tonight and played for a few minutes - just in time for the nightly maintenance. Oh, well, I've always got The Sims2.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Edmonds
Member # 7548

- posted      Profile for Tim Edmonds   Email Tim Edmonds         Edit/Delete Post 
What are some good hacks for a pastamancer?
[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone still playing? I forgot about it for a few months, but now I'm playing again. Sadly, they deleted my account because of inactivity. I've had to start anew and applied to join the clan again. If I could be accepted it would be nice. [Smile]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

RRR,

I guess I deal with clan stuff now. I hadn't been on KoL for a couple weeks. There is one clan application pending. What's your character name? (Bought some more oatmeal for the troops while I was on just now)

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
JadziaDax
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I was baleeted, darn it.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hey, Porter...

Could you do me a favor and reset my rank in the clan to "grand poobah?" I changed it kinda by accident and now I can't do much for the people left in it right now...

CaySedai
Member # 6459

Porter or sndrake, could you change it so members can use the clan stash?

They announced this change on April 20th:

"I've made some changes to the way the Clan Karma system works. Clan leaders can now set an exchange rate for Meat and Karma, and each clan ranking can be given a daily Karma expenditure limit. Existing ranks (which used to be unlimited) were set to 10,000. Members without ranks will not be able to use the stash until they are assigned a rank with a value."

Which means that although I have 397,123 Clan Karma (as WhoosyWhatsit), I can't take anything out of the stash - nor can any of the other members, with the exception of you two.

Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I am starting from scratch with a new Edaw and Caal. Whoever is in charge now, please (re)admit me to the clan.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Please, please, pretty please?

With Splenda on top?

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

CaySedai: I got your email and it looks like Porter is on the problem of the clan karma limits.

UofUlawguy: Your characters have been admitted to the clan.

(I'm lucky if I get on KoL once a week these days.)

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

We still don't have ranks.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
It's coming.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

The clan karma limits are still not taken care of. I now know how to do it. My daughter took over the account I started for her, dropped out of Jatraqueros and started her own clan. She showed me what to do.

Membership roster
Edit ranks
(For the normal members)
Daily karma expenditure limit (put a nice number here)

If those who have the power don't have the time, would you consider allowing someone to step in and assist? I could check in at least 3-4 times a week to see if anything needs to be done.

sndrake
Member # 4941

CaySedai,

it looks like only the highest ranking clan member has the power to set karma limits. We don't have one of those now. (the problem was outlined earlier)

I logged onto KoL a short time ago and sent a message to Jick outlining the problem and asking for help. The rank I have does NOT allow me to adjust the daily karma limit. Unfortunately.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

I sent this message in-game to all in the Jatraqueros clan, but just in case anyone missed the message:

quote:
Hey, just to let you know, there is a new clan of Jatraqueros - it's called chapeaustand. There are people who can administer this clan, so if you add something to the stash, you can also use your clan karma to take things out.
This is the clan that Dana (dkw) started. So far, Porter, sndrake and I have joined. All Jatraqueros are welcome to join.
sndrake
Member # 4941

*bump*

I'll be moving all of my characters - including the one who is the only "ranking" member of the Jatrquero clan - over to Chapeaustand over the next week or so. I'm moving stuff from the Jatraquero stash to the Chapeaustand. Once "Drakester" leaves the Jatraqueros clan, there will be no management of that clan at all.

so...

For those of you who stil have active characters, you might want to move them sometime soon.

DarkWizard
Member # 6186

- posted      Profile for DarkWizard   Email DarkWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I join the clan
Name Dwiz

Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Applications for chapeaustand are currently caught up - meaning the various incarnations of sndrake, plus Dwiz.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, my level 3 turtle tamer, has just applied to join the clan.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Derrell is in.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.