FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 15)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't someone need Sneaky Pete's Key? I've got it, if they do.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"ktron421
ktron422
ktron423
ktron424
ktron425"

Wow. Something about this game has driven you to new and lofty heights of creativity, I see.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

How do you get over the chasm?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
You need a bridge. You get it from an abridged dictionary. You get the dictionary from the Pirates.

[ July 19, 2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Thanks, UULG, once again:)

Is the Barrrnacle any good as a familiar?

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a barrnacle, but I have hardly ever used it. They're supposed to slow down your opponents, meaning that they don't get the jump on you as often. Maybe a good thing, but I want other things out of my familiar.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

A word of advice for those who are adventuring at the Pirate Cove, from my own experience.

Hang around there until you have two snake charms. Seriously. It's important later. Getting the pieces for the spooky pirate skeleton isn't so important. I can think of only two things you really NEED to do there. Get the abridged dictionary, and get two snake charms.

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having the same problem Dan_Raven was having with the empty tank...anyone wanna send me one, please? Also, I can never get a beer lens to drop at the typical tavern. I'm thinking it would be easier just to save up money to buy them at the Mall or something...or wait for my disco bandit to get his skill that makes monsters drop stuff and use him to get stuff for the pastamancer...

Just so lower level chars know, getting the chef-in-the-box makes it so you don't have to pay an adventure every time you cook something...

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Gnollish toolboxes carry items like empty meat tanks, cogs, springs and sprockets. There are 6 toolboxes in the clan stash right now, and 4 empty meat tanks. You "use" the toolbox to get the items.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, go for the toolboxes. Though sometimes they don't have empty tanks in them. I got about 5 in a row without, and then the next toolbox had 3. Go figure.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, didn't know that what the toolbox had in it was variable...I had tons of toolboxes while looking for that tank! "Tanks" for your help! [Smile]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone remember where to get a disembodied brain? I used my other one to make a chef in the box, and now want to make a bartender in the box, but I can't remember where to find the brain.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The disembodied brain is in Fernswarthy's Tower, and is dropped by the Brain Sweeper.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Does anyone in the Jatraqueros Clan own a store in the mall? I'm not of high enough level yet to open one, but I've got some pretty badass (price-wise) items that are worth vastly more sold in the mall than sold back to the computer.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The hermit has the ten-leaf clover this morning.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

*nod* Yeah, I noticed that, too-promptly went and got my Big Rock and my Leprechaun familiar, too. Strange-does he only offer it on certain lucky days?
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no...I see another addiction coming on.

I'm hooked.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Wow, if you want to make lots of meat, get 10-leaf clovers and adventure in the Treasury. You pick up a dense meat stack everytime. I can't say I've found a better money-making formula.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Still working. I've already cleared 10,000 meat this way. Hmmm. I wonder if this counts as an exploit? I don't like exploits...but it seems fair to me. *moral dilemma*

Edit: Oh, and for some reason, that KoL list site UULG gave us is broken. You can navigate there, but when you check lists there's nothing.

[ July 20, 2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one that I found that's pretty good.

BTW Jeff, did you order these yet?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Is there any way to uproot a terrarium and pass it to another character?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Zan,

That's the site I was talking about. Check the lists and look at a single item.

I've got plenty of underwear already, but if you're fishing for an early Christmas present, you might just get lucky!

*snicker*

zgator
Member # 3833

Try this one.

Stop snickering! [Mad] You're just jealous of my well-toned buttocks.

And someone let Dancin Zanny the Disco Bandit into the clan.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Really, I'm more tired of the waggling on your part than anything else.

And thanks for the link! This one worked. You know, the special weapons you get with the Big Rocks don't seem very good. The website lists them as +7/level, but in reality it's just +7. A diamond-studded cane is better, in the case of Disco Bandits.

Tammy
Member # 4119

Dumb question...

How do you eat?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Go to your inventory under food/drink. Click on "use" under the item you want to eat.
Tammy
Member # 4119

Thanks!

I'm learning this game ass-backwards.

Need to go a little slower.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Dancin Zanny and Al_Dentae are in.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

okay, but what can you do with a dense meat stack?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
You can...
  • Sell it. (for the same amout of meat it takes to make I might add)
  • Use it to Smith Stuff.

[ July 20, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

okay, I was wondering how I was going to get money out of it. [Wink]
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok folks, tell me some good stuff to combine with meat paste. They don't seem to give you a clue and it takes too much time to experiment....

I'm also having trouble finding what I should do next. I'm trying to get ome more moxie to be in level 4, but I'm stuck in the same adventures. Can anyone remember if I'm missing something?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

some of the places are geared toward certain types -

sleazy back alley - moxie
haunted pantry - mysticality
Cobb's knob outskirts - muscle

those are the lower level places

also, certain foods give you points on your traits as well as more adventures. Mushroom pizza gives you mysticality points, sausage pizza gives you muscle points. I haven't paid attention to what food gives you moxie points.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

http://www.agesoftime.com/kol/index.php seems to be working again
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, where are you adventuring right now?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

How do I open a sunken chest from the Pirates' Cove? Please tell me that I'll find a dictionary in one; I'm so sick of pirates.

space opera

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you can open the chests. It might help to blend in with the pirates if you want the dictionary.

[ July 20, 2004, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I'm adventuring in all of the places that CaySedai mentioned...it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

Is the whole point to get more moxie/muscle/mysticality until you get to a certain level? I'm wondering when more places will open up for me. I'm not moxious enough to go into all the Cobb's Knob places. [Wink]

And what is with that Barrell? I get clobbered every time I go in there!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

The barrel gets much better once you level up a bit; it becomes a great place to go to get alcohol, etc.

space opera, going to put on her pirate costume

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Narnia, if you're just looking for a quick stat boost, and you're level 3 or higher, just join our Jatraqueros clan and work out in our gym!
Narnia
Member # 1071

Aha.

that makes good sense. [Smile] What I'm wondering is when do more locations open up? Do I have to find the stinking screwdriver of the tinker guy before I get more places to go? It seems like I've exhausted all my other options.

But I will definitely work out in the gym. [Smile]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Some places open up as a result of completing quests, some from different levels achieved, some from different accessories equiped. For example, you won't see the inexplicable door until you equip the continuum transfunctioner. Or you won't get the map to the shore until you return with a Bitchin' Meatcar to the Council of Loathing. Which prolly sounds like a lot of gobbledy gook to you right now, but will make sense as you complete the quests the Council gives you and as you go up in levels.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Btw, thanks for the hint about the Rusty Screwdriver. I just returned it to the Untinker and he has offered to untinker anything I have combined with meat paste. But no new places have opened up as far as I can see.
Narnia
Member # 1071

cool. [Smile]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Hmm. The 10-leaf clover is no longer at the Hermit's [Frown] Either it only appears randomly-I haven't noticed until yesterday-or it's been removed.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It comes and goes.

There is a ten leaf clover for sale in the flea market though. . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Mac's part time job? She's Joe the Records Guy?

quote:
Hi, I'm Joe, the Records Guy. You can look at the records, but don't touch them. If you touch them, I'll hit you with this big stick.

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a hard time getting over the Orc Chasm...(And I just got that pun right now. [Eek!] ) and by 'hard time' I mean, 'totally stumped' Any hints?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You need a bridge. You get the bridge from the abridged dictionary. You get the dictionary from the pirates.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.