FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
HC, it's slow, but not that slow. I've been playing just over two weeks, and I have one level 7 character and two that are level 6 and almost to 7. Learning to cook can easily double the rate at which you level, since it both gives you additional adventures and can add to your stat points.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just figured out that you have to actually *use* that non-n00b certificate before the council of loathing will give you any adventures.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
D'OH! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm adding everybody who has posted their characters' names to my contact list now, so I can message you and, if you want, send you stuff. Those who haven't posted your characters' names, let the rest of us know if you want us to add your names to our lists.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Wait a minute! I've been thinking all this time that you had to be level 8 to start a clan, but now I see that it's only level 7. That means one of my characters can start a clan right now!

So, I've already had one vote for Jatraqueros as a clan name. Any other ideas? Act fast, because I want to do this today if possible.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Do Jatraqueros NOW, man!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
<--- The Saxon Funk, level 4 Disco Bandit
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Do other agree with that name? I think it's appropriate.

I'm also being asked for a clan Credo. Any ideas?

[ June 25, 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Scott R
Member # 567

CREDO: All your memes belong to us.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
All your memes are belong to us.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Create it now!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
My boys are Leovinus, Level 3 Sauceror, and Mathais, Level 3 Turtle Tamer.

And yes, I agree with the name and the second incarnation of the credo.

[ June 25, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I just started the clan and have already added mph to the membership. The rest of you who are at least level 3, get in there and sign up!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

OK, I've applied with the characters mr_porteiro, porteiro_head, and mr_porteiro_head. [Big Grin]
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
My character is NdRa, Level 3, Noodle Neophyte. I used up all my adventure minutes after midnight last night. [Frown]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Gotcha covered, mph. And Anziano, too.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, are pastamancers the most common Hatrack type?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I have three characters:

Caal, a level 7 Turtle Tamer, is the Grand Poobah of the Jatraqueros clan.

UULG, a level 6 Accordion Thief.

Edaw, a level 6 Seal Clubber.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I've added Dan Raven to the clan.

The rest of you, go apply or I can't admit you to the clan!

NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I missing something? What is the name of the clan?
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

I'll do it after work. I really shouldn't even be here. I don't think I can get away with playing games at work too. Heh.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
i submitted and sent you a message with a gift, oh powerful leader. and when the message member search had a box for PvP members, the whole game made more sense!
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The clan is called Jatraqueros.

And who the heck is Weasel Sootmouth? Come on, fess up. I don't want to let just any hobo off the street into our Leet clan.

Edit: Okay, I've got it now. Thanks, Weasel. I got your message and gift. You're in.

[ June 25, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Scott R
Member # 567

Weasel Sootmouth is a Jatraquera.

I can vouch for her. . . but I WON'T take responsability for her.

No, I won't.

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

I'd say it's definitely a Jatraquero. That or someone got really lucky with a guess.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

I don't know, I think she sounds pretty suspicious. Do we really want her in?
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFL

Well I can't help it people don't check profiles, I'm bad about it myself.

HC suffice to say, you've met Weasel Sootmouth, and she's not me.

And Scott I think not being responsible for her is wise, very wise [Wink]

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] You guys were having too much fun so I decided to risk seeing if I could get the page. Stupid (well actuall intelligent, but it doesn't block Hatrack... yet) work server blocking me out, and I don't have time to play when I'm home.

AJ

[ June 25, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I was just reading up on this clan stuff, and it looks like clans can attack each other. Now we're new and small, so I can't see us attacking any other clans anytime soon. However, we are also vulnerable.

We can buy defenses for our clan headquarters, to protect us from marauders, but it costs mucho meat to do it up right. There are other things (furnishings) we can buy, too, but I don't know what they do.

So everybody feel free to donate meat to the clan stash, and we can start beefing up our defenses. Also, donate any items you have no immediate use for to the stash. I just put a ton of stuff there. Hopefully some of it will be of use to some of you.

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

I was just going to say "Hey! We can donate meat!" I added some stuff to the stash, because I don't need 2 turtle blessings, and I took something, but I don't recall what. Nothing expensive or usefull.

*plays with clan karma*

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The Saxon Funk is in.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
mathmavin <------ level 4 disco bandit
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

mathmavin is in.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

what difference does karma make?
Scott R
Member # 567

Check out the messages-- I explain karma there.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

dracofire87 is in.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Aside from how big an item you can take out of the stash, I don't know. If you want more, donate stuff or meat.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Does anyone want a promotion to a position of greater responsibility and prestige? Like being able to approve new memberships when I'm not online? Let me know.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Dog, when you get around to reading this, yes, I did think, "Ha! I'm being one of those gamers Geoff hates!" when I registered that name.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Berp, level 3 disco thingy.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Berp and NdRa are in.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

weasel sootmouth has been promoted to Senior Muckity-Muck of the Jatraqueros clan. She is empowered to admit new members to the clan, and has a few other minor powers.

All hail the new Senior Muckity-Muck!

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I went to the clan and put some goodies in. Alas, I am out of adventures for today. [Frown]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I applied. Now lemme in!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
TheBestSophist - Acordian Thief
Insanity_Plea - Sauceror
JoeBobtheBrilliant - Turtle Tamer

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Just added a new one. The HC - Accordion Thief.
celia60
Member # 2039

Added
Da_Goat
TheBestSophist
Insanity_Plea

who are
Mathais
Leovinus

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

*cough* *points up*

edit- er further up.

[ June 25, 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

celia60
Member # 2039

Heh, you didn't know me. Not knowing you is only fair. [Big Grin]

Who is Colapsaar?

[ June 25, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

I musta missed something somewhere. Dunno why both you and AJ just expected me to know who you are. Though the association does tickle something in the back of my mind... *scratches head*
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.