FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 31)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm I haven't givin you anything that strong tonight. Have I? And I just thought you might like to know what kinds of activites we have available. We also have skiing instructors if you want to learn.

And sure Helion, here is your Tide Freezer. Enjoy.
And welcome to Hatrack. [Cool]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and Penguin or current list of activities include:

-Snowboarding and Skiing
-Snowcat Tours
-Snowmobile Adventures and Rental
-Hot Springs, Spa and Massage
-Horse-drawn Sleigh Rides

And we also have a Winter Rental Store where you can rent or buy everything from snowboards to souveniers.
So enjoy our winter wonderland.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
*steps back reflexively as a skinny kid wearing a dirty apron comes in through the door*

*wonders what he's got in there as he pulls the door closed and locks it*

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Huh? What kid? The youngest person I have on my staff is Tinros.

*wonders about identity of mystery child* [Confused]

Helion A. I.
Member # 9223

- posted      Profile for Helion A. I.   Email Helion A. I.         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, thats a good drink.

*snuggles up next to the fire, wraps self in Afgan*

Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*sigh* I miss my customers. Oh well. I'm going to bed. Goodnight all. [Sleep]
Helion A. I.
Member # 9223

- posted      Profile for Helion A. I.   Email Helion A. I.         Edit/Delete Post 
goodnight Advent. Sleep tight. [Wave]
Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*pushes through the heavy wood door*

*is freaked out by the sight of wood grain close up*

*follows a winding staircase up to a dusty attic*

*discovers a number a dusty mason jars, which contain a dark red liquid*

*notices that each jar has a dusty label with a hand-written date*

*turns to return downstairs*

*spies a clean jar*

March sixth, two-thousand six

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to apologixe to this resort for the war. [Smile] Feel free to come to mine.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*feels himself being dragged by the ankles*

*flies backward through an open window*

*sees the moonlit forest passing below*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hello everone, I'm back.

Now what can I do for you today?

0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
How did this sink to the second page? Eeek. We have to keep this place open. Very nice atmosphere and all that.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Thank you for being loyal Penguin.

Speaking of which, where the heck are all of my customers? And where the heck are my employees?

Ender12
Member # 8873

- posted      Profile for Ender12   Email Ender12         Edit/Delete Post 
Advent!

I NEED a drink, it has been a long hard day!

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Wow, I like the view. Say, Advent. Would it be possible that I could serve drinks at your bar, and vice versa?
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

*psssst* Give him an Ammersmat!
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*rolls eyes* Okay but only if he asks for it. You really need to stop trying to push your favorite creation onto everyone, I don't favor any of my drinks on anyone.

So what can I get you Ender? (our selection is on the front page)

Reticulum
Member # 8776

What about my offer?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Maybe. But I kind of have my own way of running my side. And plus do you really want me to run your side the way I run mine? But you are always welcome here.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Give me an Ammersmat! [Smile]
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here you go.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I have returned. Does anybody need anything?

(thinking) I think I'll go try out the snowmobiles! [Big Grin]

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:
Reticulum I would like to politely ask that you never return (post) to my Resort ever again.

quote:
But you are always welcome here.
So which is it? [Confused]

And Advent, I never got any emails from you.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I think he means I can always come, since that is what he posted last.
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry that i haven't been here lately
but life has been horrible and i need a good strong drink

Anyone at all can i get a verystrong drink

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The war is over now. And we are even thinking of joining forces. Do you want anything to drink Geeka?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Gladly

i need something to clear my head before the play tonight

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
*mumbles*

Good to have you back Advent.

*Deep breath*

I'm sorry about being "immature" towards you and your bar, Ret.

There, I said it.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Thank you for doing that Jeesh. And its good to see the Resort restored to its original glory.

And can I get anybody anything?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

*mumbles*

*works on Borgie*

Oh yeah, while you were gone, I fixed Borgie.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Good. Why don't you go and relax Jeesh. I can handle things, go to the spa or your personal cabin (staff cabins are very luxurious).

Take some time off, And thank you for doing as I asked.

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Uh huh, no problem.

*walks into cabin*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*lights fireplace in lounge* Ahh, I do so love an atmosphere like this. *relaxes on sofa*
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Can I have an Ammersmat?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sure, here you go. So hows it going?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Can i get a Dr. Device
I need to forget the horrible play i just did
Please bring it quickly

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here you go, what was it you saw?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

I didn't see a show

i was just in my school play

We performed the Sound of Music

I was one of the Von TRapp children
we were horrible
No one remebered their lines
Their were hundreds of Awkward pauses
It was a miricle we finished in 2 hours

Time to wash this night away
*Sips DR. Device Slowly*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Ahh *nods head wisely*

So, can I get you anything else?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

No just give me a key to one of the rooms and i'll be by the fire relesing my anguish
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here you go. Enjoy your stay.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Where are my bloody customers?!?

And for that matter, where the hell is my staff?!

Tinros! Jeesh! Borgie! (not sure how Borgie can leave when he has to stay within Resort borders at all times or he will shut down)

Jeesh
Member # 9163

I'm here, but I do have a life so I won't be here in about five minutes.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Thats fine. Now where the heck is Tinros? She hasn't been in for awhile...
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
*cough* Sorry, Advent. *cough* I've been really, really sick for about a week, so I've tried to stay away from the bar, as not to give any other customers anything. *cough* and it looks like I won't be getting better anytime soon. *cough cough* *hack* *wheeze*
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*slams big scarry neddle filled with cure into Tinros's arm* THERE! Now go lay down and come back to work tommarow.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I think we should let our resort threads die in piece. They are unwanted. [Frown]
Advent 115
Member # 8914

No! I intend to keep it alive til' at least Mon. You may have givin up on yours but I have yet to give up on mine! *raises fist high into the air*
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I did not give up, I simply saw that no one was using it, and it would be bothersome, and annoying to others, if I were to keep bumping it up. You accomplished a lot. Let it die in good memories, and not bad. And all you are doing is annoying people. You don't want to make people MORE angry.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I will await my customers. And if it must die, I want it to die with honor. I want it to die as an eternal landmark to the accomplishments of serving non existant drinks and strumming up conversation.

Papa, let my thread live on forever in the memory of Hatrack as a landmark. [Smile]

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.