FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 17)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
800! Thanks!
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*returns to cleaning*

*hums seven nation army by White Stripes*

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
MMM.. That was... absorbing.

Very good drink.

You got music here? Dave matthews american baby would be a great song to hear right now.

(maybe listen along?)

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
The bartender is now going to bed. I may be in sometime before noon tomarow, or is it today?

Anywho, I'll check in and serve some drinks. So goodnight all. [Sleep]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
Good night then. [Smile]
Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
<wakes up>
Where ARE my keys? Oh, never mind. I know where Advent hides all the keys.

Wait a minute. I walked here. He took my HOUSE keys, the little nut!

B'bye!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
*rolls over*

Five more minutes, Mom. Come on! I don't wanna go to class today.

*falls back asleep*

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The bartender has arrived!

Can I get anyone anything to eat or drink?

Carrie
Member # 394

Can I get something to sustain me as I run out the door to a long day of class?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sure.

*whips up a Children of the Mocha* Here you go. Have a good day. [Wave]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

You know, I have been trying to find the other Bars that existed in Hatrack before mine, but I can't seem to find them. Can someone help me find them (maybe the threads creators)?

*goes back to cleaning bar*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

The bartender is now going on break.
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh darnit, someone needs to stop me from falling asleep every time I sit in the squishy chair! Err!

Anyway, I can serve people now. Anyone want anything?

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Something celebratory but not overly alcoholic - I've still got over 4 hours of class to go!
Tinros
Member # 8328

I can't serve alcohol anyway. How about an Iced Bonzo? That's something to celebrate. [Wink]
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The bartender has returned.
Tinros
Member # 8328

And the assistant is still here.

Can I get you something, boss?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I'm fine, but I have a new project for you. You can take more time on this one though.

I want you to start coming up with a food menu based off of the Enderverse books, the Worthing series, and the Shadow series. I want this list by next monday (hopefully, but whenever you finish is fine). So get to work Tinros.

Oh, and if I put up another hiring sign, it doesn't mean your fired it means I want someone to cover the late night hours so we can continue to serve our customers while I sleep.

Tinros
Member # 8328

okie dokie. That's cool.

Plus, if you fired me, I could always pull a puppy-dog facce on Tante and have her take out her handy-dandy thermometer... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

I'd never fire you. You and Tante bring in all of my male customers, or should I say you two lure them here with your sirens call.

Keep up the good work Tinros.

We should try to expect a few customers in a minute or two. I just invited eros and everyone visiting Carries thread for free drinks (don't worry I'm sure they will still tip you.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

And Tante, I have placed the new key lockup in a magic/lockpicking secured place. So when I take someones car keys or choose to lock up the keys to the Bar.

(don't know how you kept getting in when I keep the only set of keys to the Bar on my person at all times)

And you are hereby banned from using your "thermometer" to break into anything. Especially my alcoholic selection. I know I may not be able to inforce this on you, but please stop okay?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
*wakes up wiped eyes*
Huh how long have i been here, oh what happened last night

HEY WHERE ARE MY CAR KEYS
wait a minute i took a bike here i don't own a car

OH i liked the last one can i get another mix of descolada delight and Dr. Device

Oh and my keys back
Um did i miss school while sleeping here

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Yes you did miss school and no I wount give you another Dr. Device and Descoloda Delight mixture.

Here, have a Recoloda Reminiscence instead.

*passes drink* Have a good day Geekazoid. [Wave]

Oh, and here are your keys. [Wink]

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine *sips RR slowly*
Oh can i also get an order of fries
Nice to see the bar is now open all the time
Where can i send an idea for a drink

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

At RiddickR@peoplepc.com

And here is your order of fries. Do you need any thing else?

Tinros
Member # 8328

quote:
I'd never fire you. You and Tante bring in all of my male customers, or should I say you two lure them here with your sirens call.
Heavens no, You DON'T want to hear me sing.

Maybe it was the magic golden flute. [Razz]

Tinros
Member # 8328

Whoa, I'm over 700 posts already? duuuuuuuude...

Anyway, I'm feeling sick. Stabbing pains in my stomach. I think I'll stay away from the Bar and Grill til I feel better. Wouldn't want to give anyone another nasty computer virus like the kind Tante had.

Ugh, I'm gonna go lay down...

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, close enough. I truthfully don't care as long as you two keep drawing in all of those male customers.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Alright then Tinros, take the day off if you need to.
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Yah

Umm do you serve milkshakes
if you do may i please have a Vanilla one

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sure.

And here you go. *passes drink*

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Gave you a drink idea

Ahh nice and refreshing Milkshake
*eats fries*
remindes me of a diner
Sigh

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know whether to admire this thread, or laugh at all of you.

I mean, it's not a bad thread.... but seriously, how long can you pretend to be at a bar?

(Oh and The Wenches Tavern kicks The Giants Shadow Bar's ass!!!)

*removes tongue from cheek*

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I'm not sure that it will go over all that well.

Achilles Betrayal - This drink starts out seeming to be exactly what you want then suddenly without warning it leaves you with a sour aftertaste that lasts for hours.

::Warning, may leave the coppery taste of blood on your tongue::

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Huh? You mean I have competition in Hatrack?

And please take a seat Mr. Moose, the first round is on me in celebration of your new child.

(menu on first page)

Advent 115
Member # 8914

The bartender is now going on leave and will return much later tonight.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:

(don't know how you kept getting in when I keep the only set of keys to the Bar on my person at. all times)

Huh? The key is still under the flowerpot, same as always.
quote:

And you are hereby banned from using your "thermometer" to break into anything.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Moose:
how long can you pretend to be at a bar?

I was wondering that, myself, and was curious to find out the answer. At this point the curiosity is becoming a morbid fascination.

How about we start laying bets?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

But its impossible to lay bets when we can keep posting until our bet

as long as people make posts in here it will stay alive so it impossible to make bets

Tinros
Member # 8328

The way it's going right now, this thread won't die for quite a while. [/out of character]

I'm back all, hi! I think I had the 2.4-hour flu. But after a bath and a good dinner, I feel fine. Can I get anyone anything to eat or drink?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

a Descolada Delight first then a Dr. Device
Tinros
Member # 8328

Geekazoid, hun, I'm underage. I can't serve alcoholic beverages. Can I get you something else?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Um Recolada Reminice will be fine then
sorry for not remembering your restritions

Tinros
Member # 8328

*mixes drink*

Here you are. Anything else?

Tinros
Member # 8328

It's late and I'm tired. I think I'm off to bed for the night.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

The bartender has returned.

Anybody need anything?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

*Gulps down RR*
Now may i please get a Descolada Delight and a Dr. Device for the road

Advent 115
Member # 8914

If I fix either/both of them for you I will have to call you a cab. These drinks are far too strong to drive after drinking them.

*mixes drinks in the meantime*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hi Advent! What's new?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Not much. Trying to find a date for one of my comedy shows this week, not much else (not off topic, just what I do).

Saddly not having alot of luck finding a date....

*shoulders slump*

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.