FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 46)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
5. Joe's Apartment?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
3 guesses/3 hrs. Sorry for the repeats.

1) She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.
Say Anything

2) Good morning, Lee Carter. I'm here to help you!
Son of Rambow

3) - You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
- It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

4) - Oh, please, you're not annoyed at that whole murder thing, are you? I mean, that was ten years ago.
- Great deal of good it did you, killing me, Secundus. Because now, of course, you're King of all Stormhold. Oh sorry, wait, no you're not - you're dead!
Stardust

5) - Why would a man leave his apartment three times on a rainy night with a suitcase and come back three times?
- He likes the way his wife welcomes him home.
Rear Window

6) Listen, I know what I like, and I know you know what I like, because you were trained to know what I like, but I would like to know, what do you like?
Coming to America

7) I wish I could remember all their names. My 20,000 ghosts, they all had names, beautiful African names. We'd call them with just grunts, noises. We were apes, they were human.
Amazing Grace

8) She's so deliciously low. So horribly dirty.
My Fair Lady

9) - Soda. Soda. Banana.
- [subtitled baby talk] Bite me.
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

10) You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if the room gets filled with lies like these, and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

11) On seven prior occasions this company has denied your claim in writing. We now deny it for the eighth and final time. You must be stupid stupid stupid. Sincerely, Evert Luftkin, Vice President, Claims Department.
The Rainmaker

12) - This guy's gotta be in a state of shock. He planned on waking up in Paradise to 72 virgins. Blow yourself up to get laid, this is gotta be some crazy s**t!
- Where I grew up the Klan burned crosses in front of people's houses and called it Christianity. Then my daddy and the folks from the church would drive over and put them out. Seems every religion has more than one face.
Traitor

13) Maybe if you stopped straightening pictures and let men wear their own pants, maybe they'd be able to touch you without asking "permesso!"
Father Goose

14) Well, Mr. Anderson... We were able to retrieve your test results from the computer. And as I suppose you already know, YOU FAILED. God giveth, and the DMV taketh away.
License to Drive

15) God made countries, God makes kings, and the rules by which they govern. And those rules say that the Sabbath is His. And I for one intend to keep it that way.
Chariots of Fire

16) In my philosophy, Mr. Benn, a man cannot call himself well-contented until he has done all he can to be of service to his employer. Of course, this assumes that one's employer is a superior person, not only in rank, or wealth, but in moral stature.
Remains of the Day

17) Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!
Friday Night Lights

18) I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. Oh, I should have been there, I am always going to regret... just not being there. I miss your faces. They remind me of God. I'm so lost without you guys. I met this very nice lady, and her name's Story. I think you would have liked her. I think she might be... an Angel, she has to go home. I love you all, I love you all so much.
Lady in the Water

19) She's fair game, Joe. It's always open season on princesses.
Roman Holiday

20) We consider ourselves bi-costal if you consider the Mississippi River one of the coasts.
Waiting for Guffman

----
Dobbie - 4
Leonide - 4
SteveRogers - 4
MrSquicky - 2
Nighthawk - 2
Tara - 2
daventor - 1
Vadon - 1

[ May 28, 2009, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
4) Stardust
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
8) My Fair Lady
18) Lady in the Water. (i always cry at that part)
20) Waiting for Guffman.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
10. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
13. Father Goose.
15. Chariots of Fire.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Raiders of the Lost Ark
5) Rear Window
11) Brazil ?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

19. Roman Holiday.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
11) Rainmaker
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad this thread made a return, and as usual the ones I know are taken.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
9) Look Who's Talking
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1) She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.
Say Anything

quote:
6) Listen, I know what I like, and I know you know what I like, because you were trained to know what I like, but I would like to know, what do you like?
Coming To America
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
#2 is from Son of Rambow.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
#12 is Traitor.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
9) A Series of Unfortunate Events
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Hints:

7) Albert Finney, as a former captain of a slave ship, now a clergyman in late 1700s England

14) The two Coreys.

16) Anthony Hopkins.

17) High School Football.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

16) Remains of the Day?
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#7 is from Amazing Grace?

#14 is from License to Drive...

#17 must be from Friday Night Lights. Because I don't recognize that from being from Remember the Titans.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

14) License to Drive (took me a while to remember the name)

17) Friday Night Lights ? (Wish I could guess twice...)

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
7) Amazing Grace

Which was an incredibly wonderful movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Steve beats Nighthawk and andi to the punch...which leaves us with a three-way tie for first.

I'm ambivalent about how to resolve who should post the next list. If one of you wants to do it, I say just take the initiative. Otherwise, maybe I'll post a tie-breaker later today.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

D'OH! *grumble...*
andi330
Member # 8572

8) It's a Wonderful Life
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

Where'd it go?
Dobbie
Member # 3881

1) That's you all over.

2) But don't hold that against me. I'm a little screwy myself.

3) I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one.
Casablanca

4) This is a good death. There's no shame in this, in a man's death. A man who has done fine works. We're making a better world. All of them better worlds.
Serenity

5) You've seen a general inspecting troops before haven't you? Just walk slow act dumb and look stupid.
The Dirty Dozen

6) The boss hands you an envelope. You wonder how much is in it, and you don't want to open it. As long as the envleope's closed you're a millionaire.
The Shop Around the Corner

7) Right. I'm the chosen one. And I choose to be shopping.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

8) I been saving this money for a divorce, if ever I got a husband.
It's a Wonerful Life

9) I've had one motto I've always lived by. Dignity. Always dignity."
Singin' in the Rain

10) Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
The Prestige

11) Three weeks ago I took a bullet out of a man who was shot by a gentleman. The bullet was in his back.

12) It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

13) Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Blazing Saddles

14) Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.

15) My name is no jest, beanpole. It's all very well to have a short name when you're twenty feet tall, but small people need large names to give them weight.
Krull

16) There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault!
The Blues Brothers

17) I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Dr. Strangelove

18) Don't threaten me with jail, Blanche, because it's not a threat. With my expenses and my alimony, a prisoner takes home more pay than I do.
The Odd Couple

19) If you think you're paying too much now just wait till I get through with it.
Duck Soup

20) Let me get this straight: You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. And your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck.
The Dark Knight

Humean 316 - 3
ambyr - 1
Sean - 3
Nighthawk - 3
SenojRetep - 1
Steve Rogers - 2
Darth Mauve - 1
ClaudiaTherese - 1
Raia - 1

[ June 01, 2009, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Dobbie ]

Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
4 Serenity
12 Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone
20 The Dark Knight

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

quote:
Originally posted by andi330:
Where'd it go?

Sorry, andi. I didn't realize until after I had posted it that I did not have enough quotes so I deleted it until I could finish. I didn't thing anyone would have read it in the short time it was up.

By the way, of course you're right.

ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
4) Serenity
7) Buffy
20) The Dark Knight

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
10 The Prestige
16 Blues Brothers
17 Dr Strangelove

Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

5) The Dirty Dozen

13) Blazing Saddles (that quote's NOT from the original)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
5) The Dirty Dozen
13) Blazing Saddles

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

[Razz]
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

15) Krull (was driving me CRAZY!)
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

9 - Singin' in the Rain
13 - Treasure of the Sierra Madre

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Re: 13

Whoops. I never knew that it was a misquote of the original. How about that. Thanks, Nighthawk.

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

7 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#3 may be from Casablanca?
#18 is The Odd Couple.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw I love Krull. It's one of those movies I grew up on that would seem just awful if someone hadn't loved it when they were eight.

11 - Harry Potter

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
actually, 12 is Harry Potter.

but I'll let you have it. [Razz]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops!

I can't count. Thanks!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

Well Humean361 said Harry Potter first anyway.
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
19 Duck Soup
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
8) It's a Wonderful Life, at the end when the townspeople are all bringing in money to replace what was lost/stolen by Mr. Potter. I remember the woman well.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
6) The Shop Around the Corner

11 is driving me crazy...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
8) It's a Wonderful Life, at the end when the townspeople are all bringing in money to replace what was lost/stolen by Mr. Potter. I remember the woman well.

Gah! I can't believe I missed that. The moment you said it though I could hear the actress deliver the line perfectly. [Smile]
Also why don't I have any points on the board?

edit: Oh pssh I didn't see that rogue Nighthawk til just now!

Raia
Member # 4700

11) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by andi330:
7) Amazing Grace

Which was an incredibly wonderful movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

I saw this at the Toronto Film Festival. I agree. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
11) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

No.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

How about some hints or something?
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
14 is a James Bond, I think, but I have no idea what one.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

For some reason I can hear 11 in Michael Caine's voice. Hence the guess. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.