FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 49)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a maternity swim suit but it's...how shall I put it...not fit for public? My husband loves it, especially the feature where if I try to swim forward, the top comes down. [Smile]

Our neighborhood pool opens the weekend I'm due so I'll probably just buy a cheap, larger than normal size swim suit this June.

Hmmmm...by the time my son went to the pool he went long enough between nursing that it wasn't an issue, but for a newborn...anyone ever tried to nurse in a swimsuit? I wonder how that would work?

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done it! Towel over the shoulder, pull down the side you wanna nurse on. Easy peasy. But they also sell nursing swimsuits.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I've done it! Towel over the shoulder, pull down the side you wanna nurse on.

Ditto.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice guys - sorry that I have none to add in this thread (yet).
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I've also just thrown on a t-shirt I brought for a cover-up, pulled up the side I wanted to use, pulled down the swimsuit (like you would nursing in a big t-shirt and bra.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I like the t-shirt idea, thanks! For some reason, I never could get a blanket (by extension, towel) to stay up and then after about 3 months, my son started wrestling me for it! I was thinking of trying to use my ring sling, but it's nice and I don't want the chlorine to mess it up. (I actually get in the water when I go to the pool. [Smile] )
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I was told that walking was excellent exercise during pregnancy, especially as you get towards the end. Sometimes I would just walk in circles around my house (and up and down my stairs). It's hard with a baby impinging on your lung space, but as long as you don't push yourself too hard, you should do fine. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, and walking also helps get the baby in a good position a lot of the time. [Smile]

I have a Solarveil ring sling that I fully intend to use in the pool!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and to clarify, I don't use the towel as a "coverup"-- neither my babies nor I can tolerate that. I use the towel to cover my shoulder so as to not be exposed, but don't cover the baby at all.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
And here comes the crazy. The uncontrollable weeping and laughing are back. They're actually worse this time b/c I'm in much better shape than when we did this the last time and my PCOS is much, much more under control. I'm managing to keep it away from Aerin by doubling up on Andrew and my mother.

Has anyone tried a Hooter Hider or any of those nursing cover-ups?

Also, and I'll post this on the new baby thread, I found the nursing nightgowns to be impossible to wear. I pumped every 3 hours, so I had to have something easy to open. Well, I started out as a DD and went up to an F in my first trimester. You don't want to know where I ended up. The na-na holes in the nursing nighties were too small for me, even in the biggest size (which was like a tent everywhere else). The saleslady and my mother wouldn't believe me until I showed them. It's funny not, but it wasn't then. Fortunately, my cousin sent me a beautiful regular nightie that happened to button half way down and it was perfect. So I just bought a bunch of inexpensive regular nighties that buttoned.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I replied to that on the other thread...

Personally I've tried a few kinds of covers and hate them all. I am not uncomfortable NIP without a cover, luckily. [Smile]

scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVED my hooter hider. Though eventually monster got too fussy for that. But don't buy a hooter hider from any of those sites on the internet. They are ridiculously easy to make. That was the first thing I sewed. I am not a good seamstress and I am sure that if you look at mine, you can find errors, but it worked. If you need one and don't sew, if you send me a yard of fabric and a half yard of boning, I can sew one for you (I don't trust my taste in fabric to pick out fabric for anyone but me). My friend made a really cute one that was brown with a pink ribbon as a border.

edit- actually, I could pick up the boning myself.

Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I am four days away from my due date and I have yet to feel anything different from what I have felt pretty much the entire third trimester. My hips hurt a little and I tire out easily but no contractions and no more than usual pelvic pain. Is this normal? I feel like this baby might never want to come out and isn't making any progress. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow so hopefully she will have some answers too. Last week she just told me that first babies can be slow coming and to keep waiting. I just want to know that Eliza will eventually want to COME OUT!
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for you theresa! I didn't feel much difference from day to day for the last few weeks. One way or another she will come out (and sooner than you think, even though it does seem like it's taking forever while you're living minute to minute waiting), promise! [Big Grin]

I hope everything will go well for you!!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
No help, but I wanted to tell you that I love the name Eliza. [Smile]
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:

Well, I started out as a DD and went up to an F in my first trimester. You don't want to know where I ended up.

I'm a little concerned about this. I'm a (disproportionate) 14DD/E now. I don't really want growth in this area.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
I LOVED my hooter hider. Though eventually monster got too fussy for that. But don't buy a hooter hider from any of those sites on the internet. They are ridiculously easy to make. That was the first thing I sewed. I am not a good seamstress and I am sure that if you look at mine, you can find errors, but it worked.

My mom made some for me, each from a receiving blanket and some binding tape. Worked great.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Awww, poor theresa!

imogen, I started out a 38 D when I got married-- big on a girl my size. My whole pregnancy I went up, when nursing I went up more. I finally settled down about a 40 DD after my first pregnancy. Unfortunately, that has repeated each pregnancy-- I go up 1-2 inches in band size, 1-2 cup sizes as well, and it does not go back down. *sigh* I am starting to envy those women who say they wish their B-cups would stay big when they stop nursing instead of returning to their regular size, lol...

imogen
Member # 5485

Rats. So it sounds like maternity bras will be a must buy.

I read that underwire is not recommended - has anyone else heard this, or worn underwire throughout pregnancy?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

I haven't nursed for almost two months and I still haven't shrunk at all. I hate it. I am a 36H, which is imposible to shop for. Shirts with any fitting are either way too small on top or to big on bottom. Even my husband thinks they are too big. My doctor said be patient, but I want shrinkage now.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I never shrink at all ever, except from the "first few weeks engorgement" stage. And I can't ever stand underwires but I know some women who have to have them. (My SPD and underwires do not mix-- not to mention the fact that my breasts are, well, odd-shaped and underwires cut into them.)
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't ever buy maternity bras. I bought one nursing bra ahead of time, one size larger than my normal bras, assuming I'd buy more in whatever size I needed once my milk came in. One size larger turned out to be what I needed, so I bought more that same size. (I also started as a DD, and was afraid I'd go up much more than I did.)
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a little bigger (36C to 38D) at the beginning of my pregnancy, then never got bigger than that except when engorged.

I'm avoiding underwire because of the risk of plugged ducts/ mastitis (or at least I think that's why I'm avoiding them). I've never seen an underwire nursing bra. I don't doubt their existence--just haven't come across one.

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I've never seen bras in my size *without* underwire! But I haven't looked at any nursing/maternity bras yet.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, they sell them! You usually find them online, but Motherhood carries them too.

I actually have trouble sometimes finding NON-underwire nursing bras in my size (I never buy maternity either, just nursing.)

Personally, I prefer sleep/lounge nursing bras for everyday wear. Problem is I have a hard time finding ones I like in my size. Most brands don't MAKE sleep bras in my size. But I just found this site and I'm ordering one while they're on sale, if I like it I'm gonna order more (with the 10% repeat customer discount): http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/cst.html

They have several styles of lounge/nursing bra in my size that I haven't tried, and cheap (in addition to the "big names.")

rivka
Member # 4859

Breakout Bras is awesome. I have been ordering from them for years. And the owner is really nice -- I once needed her to change the mailing address and shipping speed after I had placed the order, and she did so ASAP. Called me to check a couple details, and then overnighted them.

Made my brother's wedding much more comfortable. [Wink]

dkw
Member # 3264

imogen, try motherwear. I just ordered a batch of new nursing bras and none of them are underwire. Their "great support" softcup bra is my fav so far, but I'll reveiw the others soon.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Good to hear!

I love that they carry styles I can't find ANYWHERE else (most places carry one, at most 2, styles of sleep nursing bra, and neither of them in my size.)

scholarette
Member # 11540

I order from breakout bras as well. Been very happy with them. Cheapest for my size.
dkw
Member # 3264

Well, poo. They have some of the same bras I just bought at about 1/2 the price. You couldn't have posted that link last week?
rivka
Member # 4859

I have posted it before. Although it's probably been awhile.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I buy my bras at the Bust Stop. Surprisingly, they had nice nursing bras that fit me this time around for about $35 each. (The last 3 kids, bras have been about $80 each, so this was awesome.) Their staff is awesome, and they can make custom bras (for those of us with asymmetry and other issues).
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

They have some that the other does not. But they have no free shipping, and the ones I like about about 15% more than the price I get from the other even before my 10% off.

OTOH, they have a much larger selection of nursing bras. Should that ever be an issue for me again, I will definitely check them out. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Man. I want some tabbouleh SO BAD right now. And I don't want to make it (making it would involve cleaning my kitchen, washing some dishes, then walking to the store to get parsley and tomatoes-- I have onions, lemon, olive oil, and bulghur-- then actually MAKING it, then letting it sit a few hours to make it taste all better and stuff.) And the nearest place that sells it is a reasonable walk away (same as the nearest little grocery store) but I don't have cash and they are cash-only, and the nearest ATM is farther than I want to walk... Darned unfulfillable cravings. [Frown]
Christine
Member # 8594

I'm about ready to give up and order nursing bras on-line. I tried to find them live, but the stores that carried them didn't carry my size...whatever that is. I had hoped, at least, to figure that part out. Turns out it depends upon the bra. So I really need to find a place to order from that will let me send it back if I try it on and it's the wrong size.
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Man. I want some tabbouleh SO BAD right now.

Heh. Too bad you weren't at our house last weekend. We had buckets of the stuff left over from the Seder meal.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Seder on Purim with chametz. *head asplodes*
dkw
Member # 3264

*grin*

Some of the folks in my congregation think I'm a bit of a poopy-head becasue I actively discourage their idea of a "seder" during Holy Week every year. So far no one's done it anyway, though, so I must be making some sense.

The most recent one was the woman planning the good friday breakfast -- "I know! We could have like a, whatdayacallit, a seder!"

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Starting clomid today. Pelvic ultrasound Monday.

I've been having really vivid dreams, which always happens when I'm especially hormonal. This is freaking me out, because of the multiple egg situation. Luckily I have lots of ironing and knitting, so that should keep me calm for the weekend.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Grats, Mrs.M!

If it would help anyone, The Bust Stop is a local store for me, so I could facilitate cheap shipping and returns. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am starting on the horrible dreams as well. Labor dreams. I had one this morning that doesn't seem THAT horrible now, but at the time I woke up sweating and almost crying.

I was in for my induction-- but for some reason KPC was not there, I didn't know where my kids were or who they were with, my doctor was not there, the on-call resident was instead, the anesthesiologist wasn't listening to me when I said that I was allergic to rubbing alcohol, I told the doctor (again not mine, the resident) I didn't want my water broken yet because I could tell that the baby's head wasn't in the right position, he poked my tummy, assured me it was, and broke my water anyway, and then to top it all off I didn't have any of my stuff-- the bags weren't even packed (I don't remember why) and I didn't have my music and I didn't have my clothes and I didn't have my husband and I was just freaking out!

Yeah, bad dream.

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
My. Chest. Is. So. Sore. It's. Ridiculous.

That's my only complaint so far.

13 days until my first ultrasound... I'm thinking that's going to be pretty cool. There's a running joke with my brother's fiance that I'm going to have twins. We went skydiving a few weeks ago (yeah, before I knew I was pregnant) and she swears the drop made the thing split in two. Jokes, of course, but we get a laugh out of it... This kid's going to be able to say they've been skydiving and driven in a nascar car. Sheesh. And I had to wait 28 years... ; )

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a terrible dream. I just dreamed a few days ago that I delivered my baby, but it was a girl (the US showed unmistakable boy parts) and I knew I was supposed to name her Paige. Also, she could talk.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I dreamed Maggie before we got pregnant. I knew I was going to have a girl next, despite Jeff's desparate hope ( [Wink] ) and the fact that she wouldn't let us know when the doctor tried to check, and even my lack of "girl feelings." In the back of my mind, I think I knew. And her name is Maggie because of that dream. Now what will be funny is if she comes out looking like that dream.

Now I just wish she would stop kicking me in the cervix. I have the world's most sensitive cervix to begin with (according to my doctor) and this is NOT HELPING.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I finally found my measuring tape and ordered those new sleep/lounge bras. I ordered one each of 2 styles, and figure that if I like one or the other (or both) I'll order more after the baby comes (since my size may be different-- sleep bras are pretty size-forgiving, but you never know), with my 10% off. [Smile]
imogen
Member # 5485

Well I had a weird pregnancy dream last night - but not about me.

Kq, I dreamt that you had three children - you had had a boy late last year, called Robbie. (I know that doesn't work date wise - dream logic). And I kept forgetting and thinking Maggie would be your third, and you had to keep correcting me.

And then I dreamt about grapes.

Odd.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

What's funny is that I was pregnant in Dec., imogen. And miscarried.
imogen
Member # 5485

Did you post about that? Maybe the dark recesses of my memory knew - it's amazing what can get dredged up and expanded on in dreams.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
Did you post about that? Maybe the dark recesses of my memory knew - it's amazing what can get dredged up and expanded on in dreams.

Very, very briefly. Here and there.
Christine
Member # 8594

After about 3 weeks of not moving much, the baby suddenly started moving more in the last 2 days -- almost back to where she was. The movements are more rolly than before, but the frequency is once again high, especially when I eat, and I get those reassuring feelings all day long.

I'm not sure why she quit for 3 weeks. Maybe she was going through a growth spurt and got sleepy.

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.