FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Girls Thinking Jerks > Nice Guys (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Girls Thinking Jerks > Nice Guys
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd have never have thought of that as a particular selling point.
It's kind of representative of an entire personality. He also returns library books on time and is kind to his family and pays cash for everything. It's quite darling.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I do all those things. Makes me wonder what other little habits I have that I think of as simply "behaving correctly" that some woman might find a turn-on. Stopping and looking at every stop sign? Turning on my turn signal before I change lanes rather than while I change lanes? Returning my own grocery cart instead of leaving it out? Waiting patiently if the person ahead of me in the checkout line is taking a while instead of shouting, "HEY, MOVE IT ALONG"?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Verily, first you have to get someone completely smitten with you. *Then* they will find everything that you do completely and utterly cute.

*knowing nod*

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* Yes, actually that's cute, especially when you combine it with snarky. The snark provides the Funny while the kindness means you can still be trusted.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Verily, first you have to get someone completely smitten with you. *Then* they will find everything that you do completely and utterly cute.
*slaps forehead* What bloody good does that do? If I could do that, then I wouldn't even be worrying about it!
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The trick is to not worry about it.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's really cute when I go on a date with someone who has business cards.

I usually keep a business card or two. Or three.

I am weird.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Verily the Younger:

quote:
Yes, he parks his car correctly. Even if it means getting back in and making adjustments when the parking lot is half empty and you're only going to be about ten minutes. It's very cute.
I'll be darned. I'd have never have thought of that as a particular selling point.
I think pretty much everything about a guy driving is cute. Especially when they are really serious or get mad and swear at people.

I am also weird.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, I see a distinction between a person that makes snap decisions without consulting those close to them and one that solicits advice, weighs the options and then acts decisevely. The former falls under my definition of a jerk and the latter, more likely, would fit my defintion of a nice guy. Perhaps I should have included the phrase, "...regardless of who may be hurt or what moral boundaries might be crossed"
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
btw punwit... nice to see you!
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks AJ, I've been in lurker mode for months. I'm not sure I can pinpoint the reason for my silence, although I was swamped with work through the fall. How about we call it non-specific posting malaise?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a lot of that going around.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.