FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 18)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Before the Piggies
Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackthorne
Member # 8295

- posted      Profile for Blackthorne   Email Blackthorne         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Void
Ender's Hole
Ender Begins (Batman)

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blackthorne:
Ender's Void
Ender's Hole
Ender Begins (Batman)

Ender's Hole.. ewww
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Got a new one.

Ender Gone Wild Super Spring Break

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naledge
Member # 392

- posted      Profile for naledge   Email naledge         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Ender's Gain ?

If this story is to take place after Hive Queen and Hegemon is written, then Ender will have...

-gained a wealth of wisdom and knowledge about people and governance through running a colony.

-gained a sense of peace with his role in the war and with his ability to develop a truthful and balance account of the war through the perspective of its participants.

- and possibly gained famed from some wealth for writing Hive Queen and Hegemon

-nal

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leon the Professional
Member # 8267

- posted      Profile for Leon the Professional   Email Leon the Professional         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's revovling around the woman and her child, then I think, as Brettly said, "The (insert word) of Ender" would work well.

However, if it revolves around Ender (and Valentine) more, then it should be "Ender's (insert word)" I don't know, it just seems fitting IMO.

Maybe it doesn't have to have "Ender" in the title. Maybe it could be something like "The Wiggin Legacy", since Ender and Valentine are being so influental at this point in time, whatnot with Hive Queen and Hegemon being written in that era. Also, if Ender has any influence on this person and her child, then "Legacy" would make sense.

That's my .02

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElaRibeira
Member # 8306

- posted      Profile for ElaRibeira   Email ElaRibeira         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! First-time poster, long-time fan.

quote:
Maybe it doesn't have to have "Ender" in the title. Maybe it could be something like "The Wiggin Legacy", since Ender and Valentine are being so influental at this point in time, whatnot with Hive Queen and Hegemon being written in that era. Also, if Ender has any influence on this person and her child, then "Legacy" would make sense.
If it focuses on Ender's relationship with the child, why not "Ender's Legacy"?

Or...

Ender: A New Hope
Ender Strikes Back
Return of Ender
(copywright infringement? what's that?)

or how 'bout this:
Ender: Wiggin' Out!

And I liked Enderpoxy. If Enderpoxy isn't picked up for a title, a superglue should be given the name. I'd buy it!

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidGill
Member # 8166

- posted      Profile for DavidGill   Email DavidGill         Edit/Delete Post 
End Game
Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you wanted the marketing possibilities...

Ender's Waterpark!
Six Flags over Ender
Ender's (Football) Game
Ender's (Baseball) Game
*insert appropriate sports as necessary*
Ender's World, with reality TV show soon to follow

Ok, I'm done. There are too many posts already to think up a creative title that probably hasn't been taken. The only thing I can think of wouldn't even have 'Ender' in the title, thus defeating the purpose.

Andrew's Game

Get it? Because 'Ender' is turning into a bad name, and he's going by Andrew now, but he's still gotta face off against this new punk who's smarter than him. Just a thought.

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bystander63
Member # 8326

- posted      Profile for Bystander63   Email Bystander63         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...here's one from a newb:

Enderstanding: The Rebirth of Andrew Wiggin

hmmm...I think it sounded better in my head.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homonculus
Member # 7486

- posted      Profile for Homonculus   Email Homonculus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm... how about:

Ender's Absolution

Ender is never really absolved of his guilt. Might he be presented with an opportunity to?

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Wholly cow… this thread is still going with names? Goodness…. We’ll still be talking about it when the book comes out and the cows come home!

Ender’s Cow

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:

What I don't have is a title. The only rule is that it must have the name "Ender" in it. My first thought is: "Ender Voyaging." My most hated title so far is: "Ender: Spaceman!" There's such a fine line between good titles and hideous ones.

My first thought was "Journeyman Ender" but I slapped myself silly before taking it seriously.

Maybe we'll all just have to wait until it's written before a good title manifests itself!

Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alia
Member # 8336

- posted      Profile for Alia   Email Alia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Embrace...
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Enderiffic!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lego feet
Member # 8093

- posted      Profile for lego feet   Email lego feet         Edit/Delete Post 
The End...... er
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lepidamy
Member # 8339

- posted      Profile for Lepidamy   Email Lepidamy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Bildungsroman...what?
Ender's Grip...sounds naughty.
Ender's Wrath...sounds like a bad star wars movie.
Ender's Break...just random.
Ender's Nature...meh.
Ender's Mortality...i dont know.
Ender's Addiction to Possesiveness?...its true.
Ender's Possesion...had to.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that I certainly picked the best thread to read for my first visit to the site.
I laughed so hard at some of these I thought I was gonna cry.

Thank you, my new friends, for giving me something to smile about. I can tell I'm going to like it here.

And what could I possibly say to OSC except: Write ON! And thank you for giving us Ender & the gang.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BeanDelphki
Member # 8357

- posted      Profile for BeanDelphki           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Awakining(he awakins from the daze he's been in since he killed the buggers and relizes there is other dangers in the world)

sorry if this has already been said

[ July 13, 2005, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: BeanDelphki ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VetaMega
Member # 8366

- posted      Profile for VetaMega   Email VetaMega         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, some of the titles were badly picked.

When I saw the words Speaker of the Dead, I didn't want to read it. I didn't think it would have anything about Ender but that it would be literaly just the Hive Queen and Hedgemon. Thank goodness I read the back.

But Speaker of the Dead? Such a dronish title. No wonder no bought it. Nothing about the dead is really attractive. The book I have doesn't have an attractive cover either O.o.

I recognize great talent when I see it. Card has it. He just needs to make his books simpler, think about the audiance, and get a much better illustrator........seriously.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No wonder no bought it

*blink* It's actually one of Card's better-known -- and certainly better-loved -- books.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I recognize great talent when I see it. Card has it. He just needs to make his books simpler, think about the audiance, and get a much better illustrator........seriously.
You want him to write comic books...?
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LB Bry
Member # 8309

- posted      Profile for LB Bry   Email LB Bry         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Foust:
You want him to write comic books...?

HAHA...Actually the funny thing is he is writting comic books. He is writting The new Iron Man comics.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The world turned flat
Member # 8314

- posted      Profile for The world turned flat   Email The world turned flat         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: the wonder years. [Razz]

I think it's great that there will be another ender book. and that he will be younger. i always felt at a loss that i had no idea what he was like before Speaker for the dead.
so this makes me happy.

and for some reason, while reading all these, all i could hear was:

Ender Wiggin was a bullfrog...

further proof that my brain twists everything into a song lyric.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
llodlean
Member # 2057

- posted      Profile for llodlean   Email llodlean         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I haven't read all 18 pages of this thread, but how about:
"My Shadow's Keeper"

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
And I, the dumbass, sat and read through all eighteen pages of this. Sheesh. *goes crazy* [ROFL]
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling this thread is still going to be going even after the book is released! [Roll Eyes] [Wink]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
Just plain "Ender"
Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akire M.
Member # 8432

- posted      Profile for Akire M.   Email Akire M.         Edit/Delete Post 
I know a book is going to be writen about Ender meating Jane and since she's like born from the fantacy game the title could have something to do with that....

The Real Fanacty game
or if it has to have Ender in the title

Ender: The Real Fantacy Game

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
llodlean
Member # 2057

- posted      Profile for llodlean   Email llodlean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Akire M.:
I know a book is going to be writen about Ender meating Jane

Wasn't that covered in the sort story 'Investment Councillor" (sp?)
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It was.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheDisgruntledPostman
Member # 7200

- posted      Profile for TheDisgruntledPostman   Email TheDisgruntledPostman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Past (being that he's meeting up with Bean's child)
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanee
Member # 7943

- posted      Profile for Shanee   Email Shanee         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Confrontation
Ender's Revelation
Ender's Shame
Ender's Arrival
[Confused]
Thats the best I can do...
Though, I really did like Ender Squarepants
This book naming is harder than I realized.... [Razz]
How about Ender's Trip to Space, brilliant, no?

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PallidAllure
Member # 8445

- posted      Profile for PallidAllure   Email PallidAllure         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders Intrigue
Ender: the Hidden Truth/hidden truths
Ender:trials of passage
Ender the matrix (heh)
Ender: space crusader
Ender: final frontier
Ender: vestige
ancient vestige
Ender: mind trials

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PallidAllure
Member # 8445

- posted      Profile for PallidAllure   Email PallidAllure         Edit/Delete Post 
enders effervescence
of Mice and Mender
Innocence of the Ender
cloak of Ender
Ender: Traces

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparky
Member # 8446

- posted      Profile for Sparky           Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Ender's Legacy.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
Newsflash...! OSC already picked the name, and I'm pretty sure it is finalized...
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippyboy
Member # 7600

- posted      Profile for skippyboy   Email skippyboy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpEeDMaSTeR:
Newsflash...! OSC already picked the name, and I'm pretty sure it is finalized...

OSC mentioned that "Ender In Exile" was a working title here

Do you have more current information? What is your source?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
In any case, I don't think he's been looking in this thread for a while.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Like, since page 3.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forensicgeek
Member # 8430

- posted      Profile for forensicgeek           Edit/Delete Post 
These are great! I have to say I enjoyed reading through them all!

My suggestion-
Ender Alone

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Leadership
Member # 7766

- posted      Profile for The Leadership   Email The Leadership         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Redemption (Because he's written The Hive Quuen and the Hegemon)

Redeeming Ender (as above)

Ender's Nemesis (the kid might pull an Achilles and try to take over leaving Ender to try and stop him)

Ender's Dawn (as in "new dawn" because he has been redeemed by writing the Hive Queen and the Hegemon)

Ender: New Beginnings (as above)

Has anyone got any idea when this book's due out? Two years? Three? More than three years?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsukuyomi
Member # 8463

- posted      Profile for Tsukuyomi           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Jane. why not writing a fifth book about Jane and Ender reunite?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordKaosnix
Member # 8458

- posted      Profile for LordKaosnix           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Path
Ending Ender
Ender Ended
Ender's Plight
Ender's Rival
Ender the same
Ender's Dragon
Ender and the Dragon's Egg
Ender and the Nineth Child
Ender and the Lost One
Ender finds the Nineth
Ender vs the Legume
Ender Begins
Ender's Wrath
Ender's Assasin
Ender's Regret
Ender vs Randell
Ender and the Stolen Son
Ender and the Wrath of Acheales

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celebrindal
Member # 8466

- posted      Profile for Celebrindal   Email Celebrindal         Edit/Delete Post 
Xenocide: Ender the Fist

or not...

Personally my favorite was Ender's Heart, but that doesn't seem to be mentioned very much any more.
Is seems to me like everyone is taking for granted that Achilles 2 will believe Randi in her story. But if he's as smart as Bean won't he see right through it at a young age? Bean realized what was really happening even though every one in authority(and every one else for that matter) was telling him otherwise. Seems to me like the Beanlet would figure it out very easily.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SANTA
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for SANTA           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mr. Card for providing me a quick answer to the question that had been nagging me since I finished Shadow of the Giant yesterday regarding "Randi" and the 9th "embryo".

I have had the book since its publication but put off reading it for months because I could not face Bean dying. (side note: Lost Boys left me an emotional wreck several years ago and is the only book I cannot read again) Thus, the ending of SoftG was quite a nice gift.

Thank you again Mr. Card for giving us all these wonderful books,

Santa C.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tahos
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for tahos   Email tahos         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Achilles
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpEeDMaSTeR
Member # 7568

- posted      Profile for SpEeDMaSTeR   Email SpEeDMaSTeR         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skippyboy:
quote:
Originally posted by SpEeDMaSTeR:

OSC mentioned that "Ender In Exile" was a working title here

Do you have more current information? What is your source?

It seems very illogical to change it this late in the production. I've heard that he's talked about it at almost all of his book signing by said name, and if he changed the name this close to publishing (right, OSC!? [Wink] ) would be confusing to many.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll never give up on Attack of the Clone. Never.
Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
How about pulling a White Album and just have the word "Ender" on the cover of the book?
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.