FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is a Girly Thread. Boy Hatrackers - You Stay Out (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: This is a Girly Thread. Boy Hatrackers - You Stay Out
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::growls at double post::

A hottie on the bus today was totally smiling at me. I had to concentrate very hard on red hair to keep myself from climbing over people.

Ni!

[This message has been edited by knightswhosayni! (edited January 15, 2003).]

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm not sure if having sex with a beautiful alien enemy because you can't resist her ... secretions... counts as torture. Though having to watch Scorpius lick her boot probably does (having to see Scorpius lick anything is torture-- he's so gross and scaly [even if he does wear a lot of black leather ])

Vaughn just looks like somebody ran over his puppy 90% of the time. The boy is a dishrag. I did really like that scene with Sark tied to a chair, when they gave him the, er, isotope wine. (The science in that show really makes me cringe... I may as well admit that I just watch it for the boys. And Spy Daddy. Can't forget the Spy Daddy.)

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a man with glasses, I'm an avid reader, and I'm so funny that it often physically hurts. And I can sing, and I do an excellent Sean Connery impression.

Just thought you all should know.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried that line on them, Jon Boy. It'll get you nowhere.

These women are frigid.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Frisco, Jon Boy-- Do some push ups for us. Extra credit if you can do them one-handed and recite Shakespeare.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I figured it couldn't hurt to try. This thread was a little boring, anyway.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
When confronted by a perfect man, these girls lose their nerve. It's sad, really.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*drops and does twenty one-handed push-ups*

"To be, or not to be: that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep."

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited January 15, 2003).]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
No nonono

You get more points for obscure Shakespeare appropriate for the occasion.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
olivet, you big meany head.
I have to go through andd have a farscape marathon, now.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - Five pages!

Go role-reversing sexism!

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
:::Promethius walks in front of the girl hatrackers with a sweet potato in his speedo quoting shakespeare that is appropriate for the situation:::
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit. I did meet Elijah Blue Allman. I did come very close to stuttering like a moron. Instead, I asked him for popcorn...seeing as he was eating some whilst standing out on the sidewalk.
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Ok, Riddick is hot... Vin, maybe. But definitely Riddick.

ni!

Man-Eating Cow
Member # 4483

- posted      Profile for Man-Eating Cow   Email Man-Eating Cow         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any chance we could just skip you guys talking about stars and go straight to the hot lesbo cyb0ring?
Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you mad cow, I was hoping someone would say it.
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
<- would take a Sean Connery impression over one-handed pushups, Shakespeare, or sweet potato-in-the-speedo anyday.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, ni. Riddick, with all his serial killer goodness...he is _hot_. Not to mention he runs around in that really, really tight tank top...."Look at me. I'm BUFF."

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ambles in with reading glasses on, gray T-shirt and PJ pants (hey, it's late, you can't have it all).
*Fixes eyes on Olivet and Kat*
*looks deeply troubled*
*turns away*
*begins to leave*
*sighs, accepting the inevitable*
*looking back at Kat and Olivet*

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee.

*whimsical smile*
*sighs, knowing it’s all for naught*
*leaves*

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice try, bob... but they have thier eyes on better men.
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll scream if I ever have to read that sonnet again. Why is it the only one anyone knows out of 154?

But the PJ pants are sexy. I like PJ pants.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets out of bed*
*blinks*
*smiles sheepishly at Ophelia*
*decides to leave PJ pants on *

Sorry. But most of his sonnets have to do with evil in the hearts of the object of his affections, or within him. None of which are really suitable. Or they go on about love a little too much. Neither being really appropriate for this discussion. Which is why you hear that one so much. It's pretty neutral, so it fits most occasions. (just a long way of saying that it's the only one I know too )

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*claps*

Bravo, Bob! (THough I sort of prefer the monologue that starts, "If music be the food of love, play on...")

kwsni, you SOO didn't warn me that Scorpius was going to kiss Braga. *shudder* Tho, John kissing himself almost made up for it, even with the hubby shouting, "That's just wrong!"

Man-Eating Cow-- Would it help if I said I'd consider switching teams for Claudia Black?

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Oh yeah. I don't think anyone can deny that Aeryn's hot. Was watching Pitch Black last night(hence the riddick comments) and I think her character in that WAS Aeryn. wasn't much different, anyway.

Ni!

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Olivet, my choir once did a musical rendition of that one!
"If music be the food of love sing, sing on sing on sing on sing on"
Hmmm... the baritone part was a little repetitive. Wait, none of you can hear me anyway.

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
My personal favorite sonnet is 43~

When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see,
For all the day they view things unrespected;
But when I sleep, in dreams they look on thee,
And darkly bright, are bright in dark directed.
Then thou, whose shadow shadows doth make bright,
How would thy shadow's form form happy show
To the clear days with thy much clearer light,
When to unseeing eyes thy shade shines so?
How would, I say, mine eyes be blessed made
By looking on thee in the living day,
When in dead night thy fair imperfect shade
Through heavy sleep on sightless eyes doth stay?
All days are nights to see, till I see thee,
And nights bright days, when dreams do show thee me.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*claps at Bob* Bravo! That's wonderful! The PJ pants are nice. This is good practice then. Not currently effective, but good practice.

-------

Eighty is my favorite - no illusions, no pretentions, no dramatics, no demands. Just love.

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red:
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound.
I grant I never saw a goddess go:
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

[This message has been edited by katharina (edited January 17, 2003).]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Katharina, I was just going to post that one. It's my favorite too.

Although I wasn't as familiar with 43, and it's pretty neat as well.

[This message has been edited by dkw (edited January 16, 2003).]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought of that one too, Kate.

How about 116:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove -
O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out ev'n to the edge of doom -
If this be error, and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I like 65. Sure, it's about how everything eventually decays, but the last two lines are sweet.

Since brass, nor stone, nor earth, nor boundless sea,
But sad mortality o'ersways their power,
How with this rage shall beauty hold a plea,
Whose action is no stronger than a flower?
O, how shall summer's sunny breath hold out
Against the wreckful siege of battering days,
When rocks impregnable are not so stout,
Nor gates of steal so strong, but Time decays?
O fearful meditation! where, alack,
Shall Time's best jewel from Time's chest lie hid?
Or what strong hand can hold his swift foot back?
Or who his spoil of beauty can forbid?
O, none, unless this miracle have might,
That in black ink my love may still shine bright.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Quoting Shakespeare sonnets...this has indeed turned into a girlie thread
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Dammit! She's right!
My attempts to ingratiate myself where all other men have failed has turned against me. I've become one of the girls!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Olivet
Member # 1104

*begins rolling Bob's hair in pin curls*
Man-Eating Cow
Member # 4483

- posted      Profile for Man-Eating Cow   Email Man-Eating Cow         Edit/Delete Post 
*Walks stiffly in, dressed in a tuxedo, and bears a silver salver over to Bob*

Your purse, suh.

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Olivet, that is a FABULOUS idea.

*sits cross-legged in front of Bob, armed with mascara*

NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Kat.

*Prepares a bucket of warm water for a french pedicure*

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ValentineNicole
Member # 4511

- posted      Profile for ValentineNicole   Email ValentineNicole         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the girl thread Mind if I join you ladies? I think this pink nailpolish would look just fabulous on Bob, don't you think?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Must... reassert... manhood
*takes big gulp of air*
Wait a minute.
I'm surrounded by vixens. They're all paying so much attention to me. Playing with my hair, revelling in my company. Quoting sonnets for me... no, TO me! ABOUT ME!
Being one of the girls ain't so bad.
*whew*
I don't know about you hott- um... gals (slick) but it's been a long day. I think we all need a nice long shower, don't you?

JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
-.-'

Look what you did. The thread's deserted.

Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
:: opens the door to the girls' thread, looks around, wonders if they'll be back ::
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Nope. Bob and I were too much for them.
Cor
Member # 4295

Oooooh...a challenge.....

:: sharpens weapons ::

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Hey, I survived nearly six hours of Jane Austen while eating French bread and marinated brie in a room full of girls. Whatever you can dish out, I can take. Also, I do a good Sean Connery voice, and girls dig that.
Leonide
Member # 4157

*can't let a boy be the last post in the girly thread*

*gives Jon Boy a sex change operation*

Cor
Member # 4295

Ah, but I fight guys on their own terms...

: pulls out a can of domestic beer, takes a swig, belches, turns on the t.v. to football, even if it isn't football season :

Have you ever noticed there's always some dang football on t.v. somewhere?

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Belches in response -

takes swig of local brew and scratches at uncomfortable waistband of jeans which fit prior to the 6-pack a day habit

Try ESPN-36, Cor - surely they have that many sports channels by now

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ouch.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
don't take it personally - it was just this inner imp that grabbed hold of me and said - you must back Cor up . . .

band-aide?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
dingle dingle dingle

just passing through....carry on

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Well I'll be. Looky here, this thread has become almost exactly like the manly thread.
Operation thread takeover is a success!
Boys: 1
Girls: 0

edit: typing without looking, several words were all displaced one letter to the left. Kinda like a reading frame mutation.

[This message has been edited by Bob the Lawyer (edited February 04, 2003).]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.