FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 21)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thing - I don't recall his neck. Just his eyes, his smile and the touch of his hands upon mine . . . harumpphhh - *clears throat - fans self rapidly*

Well, enough of that train of thought - there's work to be done.

*grabs gardening tools and gloves and heads back outside, whistling jauntily*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
*comes in wearing Nenya and the Only ring and leaves stealing the 1001 post*

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Saudade has two rings of power?! Something must be done to thwart this new evil!
::goes off in search of Gandalf::

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*collapses next to the others*

That one of him peeking out of the blanket is adorable! I love it!

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Take a bath with Legolas! Don't worry, it's work safe.

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cassieclaire/

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, hiring that Vigo guy and that Bloom fella were the best four bucks I ever spent.

Now I shall rule while everybody else sighs after them.

*polishes rings of power*

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toblerone
Member # 4602

- posted      Profile for Toblerone           Edit/Delete Post 
<looks around with blood shot-eyes, the smile plastered to her face wavering>

please buy chocolate.....please I beg....I have so little to sell, but what I do have is good....so good...precioussssssss

I'm tired...... so tired of selling chocolate

Posts: 59 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I'll take some Chocolate. To me, its like the 5th Element. When I get some, I become The Kid again and it makes me feel like The Last Boy Scout. I have a 6th Sense that detects chocolate.

*tries to eat his chocolate*

Darn it, its simply Unbreakable.

*12 Monkeys steal his chocolate*

Hey, come back here you Bandits!

*runs off after those Jackals*

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toblerone
Member # 4602

hey, come back here you didn't pay for that!

< runs after him >

Posts: 59 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Toblerones! How delightful! I simply adore Toblerones, especially the dark chocolate ones.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, ladies! One of our own is anticipating a rough week, so we need to get the place all clean and cheerful for her, so she has somewhere happy to pass the time.

I think we should be sure to have plenty of tea and wine available, not to mention comfort foods! (The best part is, comfort food in the Tavern is always fat and calorie free - no worries!)

Elves, our dear ElvenWench is particularly fond of your company. Perhaps we can have some singing? Though you hardly need to prepare for that. Just...keep it in mind.

Alright, everyone, let's get to it! I'll be outside gathering flowers and fresh herbs, to pretty the place up and make it smell nice. Jenny Gardner, perhaps you can harvest some of your lovely vegetables? And perhaps the hobbit lasses can go gather some mushrooms? Is anyone willing to sweep, and perhaps help clean up the kitchen?

If we all work together, we can make this coming week an extra lovely one!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toblerone
Member # 4602

< runs back after taking her money from T_Smith >

To make this week perfectly lovely, all you need to do is buy some choc-o-late (said in sales man voice once again)

Jenny Gardener take your pick - I have many - but remember it's not free you have to pay me, that way, I can eventually stop traveling to sell this stupid stuff and open my own shop. (sigh) can see it now.....

Shan
Member # 4550

My gracious goodness - help in the gardens is on its' way!

What flowers will our despairing wench like best?

It's a little limited due to the earliness of the season - but oh! look here!

*Delicately plucks a perfect purple crocus and several miniature daffodils.*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not have a green thumb. I have tried tending houseplants a few times. They died withing weeks.

I do, however, love building things and working with tools.

I've made a workbench for all you gardeners, where you can organize your garden tools and work on replotting plants.

Here's a garden swing where we can gather with friends to relax and catch up on each others' lives.

And a gazebo is the perfect place for quiet reflection and relaxation.

Enjoy!

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Well, it's begun. The week of despair. I'm so fortunate to have wenches like these to help keep me cheered. You guys are the best.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf
Member # 3361

- posted      Profile for Gandalf           Edit/Delete Post 
::coughs::
Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Flowers? Gardens?? Gazebos??? What happened to the rocking, vibrant, slinky-she-elf-filled place I remember? Where are the HWs? And Saruman!
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Not too early in the season here!

*hugs Belle and gives her a flower*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

xnera! you wonderful, wonderful carpenter you!

They're wonderful!

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*basks in the wonderfulness that is the Wenches' Tavern*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pirate_Smith
Member # 4780

- posted      Profile for Dread Pirate_Smith   Email Dread Pirate_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, ye bunch of frail missus, it be good room and b'ard we be after. Ye wouldn't happ'n ta 'ave a couple a rooms, now would ya? And on a side note, how 'bout de food? It be good 'ere, eh?
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yo! Wrong idiom, Dread Pirate Smith!

We're not too much on upseting those broads upstairs. You can crash down here in the basement if it bugs `em.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Did those pirates come in here and kill the thread?

Can't let that happen.

~Jane~

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::bounces::
I had pictures taken of me with the dress and the cloak the otherday...will get them up and post a link as soon as i have them.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Wheee!

I'm still in the searching-for-suitable-fabric stages of my cloak...I wish I could drive, so I wouldn't have to depend on my parents to take me everywhere.

~Jane~

Olivet
Member # 1104

*sweeps floor*

*looks up*

*drops broom and runs for galvanized bucket to put under The Favorite Barstool of Boromir's Ghost*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a redecorating phase. Anyone have any ideas how to brighten up the common room?

Why doesn't everyone look for some new furnishings and accessories?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I found this on the fifth page! we've been slacking, wenches.

Anyway, I promised I'd put up pictures of my dress and cloak, so here they are, complete with red hair and yucky backyard.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=Cloak+and+dress+1.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=Cloak+and+dress+2.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp%3f.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.dnm=Cloak%2band

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=Cloak+and+dress+3.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp%3f.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.dnm=Cloak%2band

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=Cloak+and+dress+4.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/stiaman/vwp%3f.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.dnm=Cloak%2band

::scowls at code::

Ni!

[ March 25, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: knightswhosayni! ]

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Cool! [Smile] you are just too cute:)

And, BTW, you have not seen what it takes to make a yucky back yard...

JaneX
Member # 2026

That's really cool, ni! [Smile]

<--jealous

~Jane~

Belle
Member # 2314

Becky, that is awesome! you look gorgeous!

Love the cloak and dress together, especially since the colors coordinate.

Bravo!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Heh.
I had all sorts of fabric in my pockets for a while, when I was coordinating them.

Ni!

Vána
Member # 3262

Wow...they're beautiful!

*is very jealous*

You made those?

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Well, my mom and I made the dress, since it's a lot of little peices that I don't have the skill for yet, and I made the cloak.

Ni!

Olivet
Member # 1104

http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=LOTRAGSTLEGO&referral_id=EMLOTR031

Standees!

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! *searches for Aragorn*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Too bad Dan would never let me have an Aragorn standee. Maybe once we have a computer room....

I could ask for it for my birthday!

*drools*

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dinner at the Tavern tonight is a lovely beef and barley stew with celery and mushrooms, flavored with wine and garlic and sage. Perfect for wandering Rangers and hungry hobbits, while also pleasing an Elvish palate.

There are bouquets of fresh daffodils adorning the tables and blooming brances of forsythia twined into circlets for the Wenches to wear. Everything is yellow and green to celebrate the Spring.

For dessert, we shall have homemade iced cream flavored with honey and violets.

Eat up and enjoy, everyone!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Yum! Thanks, Jenny. [Smile]

~Jane~

Belle
Member # 2314

Can I skip dinner and go straight to the honey and violet flavored ice cream?

How nice to spend an evening in the tavern again.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Just discovered this thread. Thoroughly amused.
Quick poll, ladies: upon my most recent theatrical viewing of the Two Towers I discovered that Merry is actually very attractive. He is now my favorite hobbit. Anyone else agree?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

No, Belle, you must keep up your strength. I believe Elrond's boys are expecting you to wander under the stars with them tonight, and you'll be getting a lot of exercise.

Annie, welcome to the Tavern! I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Wonderful food as always, Head Wench! A Hobbitess couldn't dream of a better employer. [Smile]

Annie-- He really is, especially OUT of character, with a bit of facial hair. Frodo is beautiful, but Elija Wood put the 'eek' in 'scrawny geek'. Sean Astin is precious, and I think he's the smartest of the bunch, really (which I like). Billy Boyd has very nice eyes, and he brings a sort of twee innocence to Pippin, who has always been my fave after Frodo (in the books). But like EW, he's kinda small and girly out of character.

So, yeah. Merry is hot. [Razz]

Vána
Member # 3262

*runs outside to dance under the trees*
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
A special (to me) new 'racker that has only posted a few times sent me this before going to bed, I felt it fit rather well, though I think I'll allow her to introduce herself.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDdApwX69nRE7TNyX2Cea3BAbyhB9vljGxZQcfEFBipb5GyKLMzkzyBL!GnZwDGC8FwUnL713mad2f2moBzC0fgy7FW4s7K6bx4CPBstFA9b5ipu5gOjlBo7gNvwaLi/Orlando-197.jpg?dc=4 675416241177687183

mind the long link, it won't post any other way
Satyagraha

[ April 13, 2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Oh, yes, Merry is most definitely hot. [Smile]

Anyone have any plans this Sunday Evening? The weather is so nice, I figured we could go outside, lounge around on the soft grass and listen to some of the elves sing songs to Elbereth.

Sound like a plan?

Shan
Member # 4550

Can I bring my handknit blanket and favorite pillow? I am feeling a bit snoozy, but the company and music sound delightful.
Vána
Member # 3262

It seems that Haldir has arrived.

Perhaps we should see if he'll join us here at the Tavern?

Olivet
Member # 1104

Well, I sort of already knew that Haldir Lives , but it would also be nice to have some new blood around here.

Er, so to speak.

Boromir's Ghost is getting on my nerves. Isn't he supposed to be in Mandos' Hall or something?

*keeps mopping spilled beer*

*mutters* ...can't hold their drink ...

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.