FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 19)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to listen too!
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharkey
Member # 4336

- posted      Profile for Sharkey           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm regret to inform you I will not be able to attend WenchCon next year.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharkey
Member # 4336

- posted      Profile for Sharkey           Edit/Delete Post 
Although I will accept donations from the wenches to fund a trip if they really want me to come.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*snickers at Legolas*

Thats Ok, legolas, you can always chill with us in the Wizards Bachelors Pad...

Unless they turn it all poofy for the wedding...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll miss you Sharkey.

We'll probably leave the bachelor pad alone, but the rest of the tavern will be VERY poufy for the bridal shower.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Poufy is just what this place needs for a bridal shower!

Count me in on the decorations.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
: wanders in, looks around, wonders if she will be welcome here...:

:smiles hesitantly:

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Hi Cor, come on in. I am sure we have an extra bedroom upstairs for a new wench.

Stick around we're getting ready for a bridal shower later...

Right now come on and sit by me at the fire and have some hot chocolate. I think we bothe need it from the week end we had.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

You can say that again, Fael, and the hot chocolate smells wonderful. I just arrived from the local schoolhouse and it's freezing in my classroom.

Bridal shower, eh? Always up for a good bridal shower! Will this one be frilly or raucous? Who's getting married?

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Last week Tammy announced she was engaged.

We are decorating "poufy" to quote Belle. But you can bet we'll degrad from there.

asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I suggest plaid poufs? They're lovely. Particularly blue and green tartan, but I'm sure they come in "blush" and "bashful" . . .

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Ah...congrats to Tammy! And what might she like as a bridal shower gift?

Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
The Elves haven't stepped up yet, so I will offer to sing for you all.

I think it will ease my soul as much as it may ease yours.

I think that decorating for a bridal shower will also help ease our souls.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

: wants to join in the singing, if allowed :
Vána
Member # 3262

I would love to have you sing with me, Cor.

Welcome to the Tavern.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Thank you Vana.

:demonstrates singing ability with high, lilting voice that doesn't sound like it could possibly come from someone with such a seemingly dark personality:

^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
*sneaks in, and leaves this, stuck in one of the walls, then disappears*

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Hey look at this picture of Legolas!

I wonder where the elves are today.

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Cor! (This is Belle in my wench-guise)

Welcome to the tavern, I hope you like it as much as we do.

The elves will be back later, I sent them on some errands. I'm almost out of champagne in the wine cellar, and you can't have a bridal shower without some champagne punch. Elrond has the best champagne around, so the elves are going to Rivendell to collect some.

I also sent a few of the Lorien elves back home to get some more of Galadriel's special-blend strawberry bubble bath.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

I think I saw a few of them in the baths-but I'm not sure, so many people, so much bubble bath-it was hard to be sure!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

I have ten bottles of my famous blueberry champagne. I will happily donate them to the cause.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
MMmmm! Sounds delish!

I've just booked the Fellowship All-Male Revue for the bachelorette party. All the weapons, very little cloth.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

:wants to know who the hatrack members of the all-male Fellowship Review could be imagined to be:

I vote Icarus in...of course, I don't know about sharing him with the rest of you...

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Cor, dear, the Fellowship means no Hatrack members.

The names are: Gandalf the Grey, who specializes in fireworks; Legolas Greenleaf, who knows how to hit the right target; Gimli, son of Gloin, who delves deep; Aragorn, son of Arathorn, who ranges everywhere; Boromir of Gondor, who is a doughty man; Frodo Baggins, who rises to his duty; Meriadoc Brandybuck, who is as merry as his name; Pippin Took, who gets his hands on things; and Samwise Gamgee, who knows about growing things.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

ok, nevermind
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Head wench, you are the best.

::snags ranger and horse::
We're just going for a ride.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gimli is going to be there.

I remember a fantasy at wenchcon that included Gimli

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

I just want to be the first person to use the word "dingle" in the tavern.

dingle dingle dingle

That is all.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
poppycock, i tell you, poppycock

do y'all have any room for forlorn fair maidens?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Dingle???

Why Elvenwench what a thought.

Fael
Member # 3015

*wanders in, and sees the place is empty.

Empty and dusty!! We have all been much too busy elsewhere this winter.
Takes out broom and begins to sweep....

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*can't stop laughing at Jeni's post*
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Hmm? Dusty? Oh.

Sorry. I've just been a little distracted. Excuse me, boys.

And T_Smith.. I'm Jenny, the one and only. There's another poster who goes by Jeni, and people often get us confused. (added by edit)

[This message has been edited by Jenny Gardener (edited February 06, 2003).]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Shan! There is always room, and maidens are seldom forlorn fo long.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Olivet is very right.

Welcome, Shan!

Daisy Bogel
Member # 4414

- posted      Profile for Daisy Bogel           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all just a little hobbit lass to help with all the cleaning around here.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I feel better already - what can I do to help?

I'm pretty handy with a dustrag -

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

does anyone still have room links from whichever dead thread they were on? we ought to give Shan an official room...even if we rarely mention them anymore
Shan
Member # 4550

Oh, thank you - any quiet and warm nook will do for now - (yawns hugely)

oh - that looks perfect . . .

(takes self into corner, curls up in cloak, and promptly - and indelicately - apologies all - snores)

Olivet
Member # 1104

*eyes daisy warily*

I suppose I could use some help in the kitchen. I assume you are good at Hobbit dishes? I've been the only Hobbit Wench for too long. I'd love a bit of company.

You look familiar. Have we met?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisy Bogel
Member # 4414

Why thank you I'd be glad to help in the kitchen. It is time this place had another hobbit wench to spice things up.

*Looks Olivet over carefully*
You look familiar too, maybe we've met in another life???

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Look what I found, elf Wenches!

http://www.haldir-lives.org/

Shan
Member # 4550

* A particularly loud snort emanates from the corner. Shan abruptly sits upright, stretches and wanders over to peer at Haldir.*

"Ah - what a waste of elf warrior that was - I really don't understand Galadriel sometimes."

Shakes head, locates dustrag, and begins dusting.

Toretha
Member # 2233

oh no, shan, you don't have to curl up in a corner. Go upstairs, there's some nice rooms up there-and there should be some empty ones with bathtubs left. And beds. And blankets. Just don't go down into the basement when the wizards are there...
Shan
Member # 4550

Toretha - thank you! Any limit on hot water? Road dust . . . ick.
Olivet
Member # 1104

And since this Tavern is outside time, Haldir can visit, as well as Boromir and Beorn, and well, you get the idea.

Shan, there are plenty of rooms free, one or two Hobbit-sized, and the rest for Big People.

Daisy Bogel
Member # 4414

Miss Olivet may I have one of the hobbit sized rooms?

Do manyof the hobbits visit here?

Olivet
Member # 1104

Of course, Daisy!

We had Bilbo for a good long time just recently, but we do get the Hobbits of the Fellowship quite often.

Especially Merry and Pippin, though Sam does bring in Frodo when he needs a rest from fretting over the poor dear.

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
The rooms are cool. I love my room

Edit: Stupid UBB code.

~Jane~

[This message has been edited by JaneX (edited February 09, 2003).]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.