FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 3)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
::waits::
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*does a hobbitish jig while drinking some hobbitish Dr Pepper.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: pulls out violin and wishes he had a flutest or a recorder with him ::

:: tunes and starts playing a quick little jig ::

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
::takes out violin and plays along::
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
*brings up a few bottles of wine from the cellar*

*waits for music with everyone else*

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*snuggles up next to the roaring fire*

*sips wine...picks wayward rose petals out of hair*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*pulls out dulcimer and joins in*
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*tune at the moment is Green Sleeves *

Tammy sings along...

~Alas my love you do me wrong, to cast me off...lalalal...

when i have loved you ohhhh so long...delighting in your company.....~

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ahem, allow me

*Tune to Eight Days A Week - Beatles*
V1
Oooo I want my precious, guess you know its true.
Ive been trying from the beginning, to get it away from you.
Hate me, despise me, hate me, despise me
I dont care what you do to me, as long as I get it back.

V2
Love it with a passion, I want to put it on
Once its on my finger, you will think I'm gone
Hate me, despise me, hate me, despise me
I dont care what you do to me, as long as I get it back.

Chorus
Want to put it on, and di-i-isappear
Want to put it on, and get the heck out of here

V2
Chorus

*another horrible parody, smirk*

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

lol
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright... in a few hours we're going to have the first annual LOTR wenches wet t-shirt contest down in the bachelor pad. First prize is a role in a 'special edition' of Fellowship of the ring.

Wigg the Wizard will be taking the signups.

And to all the wizards or other bachelors

We have a lot more fun in the cellar, without the general anal-retentiveness of the wenches who are upstairs. Down here we have PS2, Gamecubes and the old fashioned standups. Tonight we have half-racks of ribs for all those who hang out for a while.

Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I hear somebody say ribs? Did I hear somebody say wet T-shirt contest? You don't by chance keep a keg of ale down there too?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

Oh yeah.... we've even got sans alcohol for our Mormon Middle Earth friends.

**Turns on NFL blitz**

Who's in?

Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid `Fins, I tell ya Sarumuan. Boycott Kansas City!

Zgator, c'mon down. Every man loves our studly Wizard Bachelor Pad. We've got every kind of manly alcohol available, plus video games, sports, and occassional strippers!

Too bad chances of getting an actual Hatrack Wench to participate in our upcoming contest are very slim...Passion over here will be getting a temporary name change, though, never fear. Bwahaha

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

<falls into Barcolounger he created out of thin air>

<belches loudly>

Aaaaahhhh. This is how life should be. Have one of the wenches send me down a pint of ale. Once I lubricate the brain, I'll come up with a good wizard name.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Candy, get our man a tankard of our finest ale, woman!

*aside to zgator* The Wenches upstairs are a little stuck up, sorry. They refuse to serve the homeboys down here in the Wizard Bachelor Pad. OUR wenches, on the other hand, are much more agreeable.

::downs a mug of ale, flipping between ESPN Classic and the Man Show::

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

Hey Wigg, turn it back to the Man Show, I think they're gonna have Wenches jumping on trampolines pretty quick.
Tammy
Member # 4119

*wonders what this medival world is coming to*

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited October 03, 2002).]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Saruman is a PWF.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! It's good to be back!

*unloads armfuls of strewing herbs for the floor*

Thank ye, wenches, for cleaning up this place fine. I do hear that the Fellowship is returning soon, for succour from their labors.

This time, I want no dwarves neglected, you hear? They're rough on the outside, but you'll remember that they pay in gems...

Honorary Wenches, you be nice, 'cause I hear Eowyn will be coming in with the Riders of Rohan. No "Wormtongues" around here! Help her get over that silly infatuation with Aragorn, since he'll be busy getting bubble baths.

Oh, yes, and there will be Ents to entertain as well. Oi! We are going to be busy!

*Goes out to dig treats for the Ents from the garden*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
woo hoo! Jenny is back!

(screw the 1000th-I'll be around to do a 2000th)

And Ents! ::gasps dramatically:: Ooooh, I do like Ents-when are they coming?

And do they eat? I thought they needed Entwashes. Could we rig some sort of waterfall and pond in the garden? That would be just lovely!

::wanders down to the Wizard's Pad to see if they want to help::

Oh, really! Blow up dolls with "Wench" written across their chests? And you give them names? What levels will you sink to next?

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny's here!

We did our best to prepare the tavern for the fellowship's arrival, but I for one am relieved that you, the original tavernmistress, is here to oversee things.

I think we may have to consider cutting off the basement - things might calm down if we refuse to send down any more alcohol.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

I thought Saruman didn't like the color white?
ladyday
Member # 1069

::checks left field::

Where the heck did that come from, anyway?

Anyway, Saruman started out as Saruman the White, then became Saruman of many colors when he turned evil. I forget why...some evil reason, probably. Though I suppose it's possible he just decided white didn't suit him.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

I think that changing colors meant more power or that it'd be "death" to not ally with Sauron...

Some people have weird minds when it comes to the word "servants"..

ladyday
Member # 1069

And some people just have weird minds .

Jenny, do you think it would be okay if I made a little place for my pet tortoise in the Garden? She's very friendly and well behaved. She also tunnels, so she may be of some use to the tavern. And perhaps she could represent us in the Middle Earth Fair Turtle Races-she's quite fast!

Tammy
Member # 4119

Brewing Pot of names

Sister Wenches, I feel I must share my past.

When I was a maiden wench, my name was "Orangeblossom Bulge of Great Smials".

When I married I became, " Orangeblossom Moss of Lake-by-Downs".

Alas...In comtemplating upon marriate to my current love, I find my name would become " Orangeblossom Goodbody of Brockenborings".

My good sister Daisy Loamsdown and my mother Lobelia Bulge of Great Smials have been so kind while I come to serve at this great tavern. They've taken it upon them selves to watch my daughter Daisy Moss of Lake-by-Downs and my son Meriadoc Moss of Lake-by-Downs. While my son Popo Moss of Lake-by-Downs is off with his father Mungo Moss of Lake-by-Downs.

*kisses to all*

Orange Blossom

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited October 03, 2002).]

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Ladyday, what a charming tortoise! I have no doubt the estimable Jenny Gardener will indeed find her the perfect spot.

Now, if I am needed, I shall be up in my room, sipping a nice chilled glass of wine, and reading a book. I've had a trying day and I think I shall relax a bit.

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
<brag>
I am having my school orchestra play music from FotR!
</brag>

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*grabs sky* Listen to just one thing...look all you want, but hands off, okay? This is a place to relax and talk about LotR, NOT to pick up chicks. There's a seperate thread for that.

<--is most definitely not a chick.

Wench, yes. Chick, no.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

BYu...I envy thee..
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I went to the name generator. Turns out I'm a Baggins.

Olo Chubb-Baggins of Pincup

And apparently this girl I like at school is my sister or close relative:

Prisca Chubb-Baggins of Pincup.

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My hobbit name is Esmerelda Boffin of Whitfurrows. I love it. If I end my marrying my boyfriend, I will be Esmerelda Loamsdown.

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

What levels will we sink to next, you ask?

Ladies, you ain't seen nothin' yet. *schemes with Saruman and other studly Wizard Bachelors*

Saruman
Member # 2275

**constructs trampoline, sets it in the middle of the basement floor**

Good thing we've got 20-foot ceilings...

**yells upstairs**

Hey ladies, we've got trampolines down here!

Tammy
Member # 4119

Hey wenches.....

Going away to Charleston, West Virginia....

I"ll miss you dreadfully.

Miss Me!

zgator
Member # 3833

Hey Tammy

Can you get me a pint before you leave?

Have fun.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Tammy, I'll try to save you a choice room, for when you get back. I think we have plenty of extras even after ladyday and Mae and the other who missed the first room assignments get one.

*claps hands at Mistress Jenny's return*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

::frowns:: I already have a room! Do I get two rooms? Oooh, ooh, do I get a bathroom?

Greedy greedy Billie

[This message has been edited by ladyday (edited October 04, 2002).]

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a room...

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

Hey groovy chick! Come on down here with the wizards!
Olivet
Member # 1104

I didn't know you had a room already, Ladyday! But you do need one with a bath, don't you?//
Olivet
Member # 1104

Hey, I was talking with Slash about how the TT trailer was so cool that it needed a new word for "cool" specific to Tolkien. He said "Bilbotastic" and "Frodolicious" and I offered "Pippinicular". He countered with "Gimlirific", but noe of them seemed quite right. Too specific. Any ideas?

Saruman
Member # 2275

Sarumanly?
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

It should be noted that the Wizard Bachelors Association fully endorses greed in all its glory. Wonderful thing, greed.

And I got nothin'.

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Elftastic

Here are some available rooms, and I'll get some more ready if we need them. Have no fear, JaneX and Tammy.

Heron Room - TAKEN by kwsni

Blue Room

Orchard Room - TAKEN by xnera

Peaches & Cream- TAKEN by JaneX

Vaulted Room- TAKEN by Maeth

Sherlock Holmes

Victorian Villa

[This message has been edited by ElvenWench (edited October 05, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ElvenWench (edited October 05, 2002).]

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a room either!
not that I come in here that often..

hmm. what happened to Lord Sky?
I can shoot a bow now! Shall I go hunt some game? Would any hobbits like some rabbit?

edit: can I have the heron room?

Ni!

[This message has been edited by knightswhosayni! (edited October 04, 2002).]

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Wigg, are you sure you want to call this the Wizard's Bachelor Association. I think the WBA is already taken.

How about the Wizards and Warlocks Federation? We should be OK calling it the WWF.

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to have the Orchard room.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

A Tolkein word to describe it:

Legolastounding.
Faramiraculous.
Sarumanticulous.
Aragorpendous.
Eomeriffic.
Arwenderful.

Hmmm... maybe I'll think of more.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.