FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 4)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course the tortoise is welcome wherever it chooses to wander! I will install a "turtle door" on the Garden Room right away!

The Balrog is here! AIEEE! Somebody shoo him down to the Wizard's Basement.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
A trampoline! Can I come? Oh, please?

*loves trampolines*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Just make sure you are wearing your chain-mail undies, Toretha. You forget why they invited us down to jump for them.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts on bronze bra and panties*

*locks them*

I do love trampolines....

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
This trampoline is Balrogoniously Legolastounding!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, hello Balrog! So nice of you to visit again! Yes, yes, I see you have wings, you can put those away now. I've brought you a nice mug of cold beer to cool you down a bit, there's a good boy, take that. Yes, baby, I know you're so misunderstood...let's just get you away from the wicker, that's my good boy, we've got a nice flame proof chair just for you.

::wipes sweat off brow::

I think he's in a good mood tonight-let's just keep those cold beers coming and not mention that whole incident with Gandalf. He might still be sore about their...differences.

Wizards, I'm sure you'll have fun with our new guest-he's quite the seasoned bachelor.

And Jenny, I am delighted Sasha the Tortoise can stay! She'll just love it here. Thank you, and all the other wenches, for giving her such a warm welcome.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the tavern looks so small from outside, but when you come in...So many rooms!!! So much luxury!!! And the best bubble baths ever!!!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm....*plots*
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
T Smith-- Bwahahahahahaha-snort-hahahahaha!

Good one.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

Guys, what do I do? I gave the Balrog too much beer and now he's weeping great big fiery tears! He just keeps talking about how much he loves us all and how some people just don't understand loyalty and commitment and it's not his fault he sets fires everywhere...

Help!

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

*hands ladyday a bucket of coals*

Make him eat this, it'll make him feel more up.

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I think its just faramiraculous that the Balrog is expressing himself in such an emotional way.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. It's incredible how you think you know someone, and then they turn out to be totally different.

Who knew Balrog, underneath that fiery exterior, was a sensitive guy?

Perhaps we should ease up on the beer for a while, and just give him some nice, cold ice water with a twist of lemon.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..Take him to the sees for you have quenched his thirst..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...can I have the Peaches and Cream Room?

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
May I have the Vaulted Room then..it's small enough for me..hehe..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Hmph. I'd claim one, but they're all too girly.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I dont care where I sleep as long as I get some apple beer. Mmmm apple beer is good.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the remaining rooms are a little dark for me. However...we are living in dark times.

:jumps on the Sherlock Homes Room bed:

:whips out measuring tape for remodeling. :

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Would you mind if I just slept under the stars like a real elf?
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sherlock Holmes, a confirmed and eternal bachelor, would rightfully scoff at such a silly, girly room being given his name! He belongs with us, the Wizard Bachelors-he's a Maiar of Deduction and Observation, btw-and we'll gladly take him in where he really belongs!

And change the name of that silly, flowery room!

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Stupd Wigg, it's ElvenWench's right to name a room anyway she wants. And if you don't like it, you can go away. Yo're not wanted here, anyways!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
How about we start getting an update on how many days are left 'till TTT comes out like we had on that old thread.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't bother pointing out the irony of a silly Wench calling me...stupd (opps!).

Silly dame, I didn't say she didn't have the right to name her faux-Sherlock Holmes room whatever she liked, just that it was entirely inappropriate and therefore she should change it in the interests of reason and accountability...but who am I kidding? When do broads take those virtues into account, anyway?

You know, I think I will go back to the WBP. Much more fun. However the other Wizard Bachelors have asked me to ask you a question: could you and your legs c'mon the trampoline for a jump or two?

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

stupid. happy?

And my legs are none of your business. (heh, that sounded funny) And trampolines make me sick.

I could, however, put on a mini skirt and go play some pool

[edited because capital i looks like L]

[This message has been edited by Kama (edited October 06, 2002).]

Maethoriell
Member # 3805

I got lost in that conversation but oh well..ooh..trampoline..ciao..
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*curls up in the chair by the window in my new room*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Does this mean I can chill outside with my RV.... er... I mean survival skills?
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::comes inside bearing rabbits and mushrooms::

rabbit stew, anyone?

ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyweir
Member # 2313

- posted      Profile for Skyweir   Email Skyweir         Edit/Delete Post 
*wakes abruptly* .. ahhh .. did someone mention rabbit stew!! mmm my very favourite!! [mmm .. not Gollum style but]

that should give me the pick me up I've been hoping for

I must've fallen asleep after eating that nice big chunk of bread .. in this comfy chair by the fire ..

Posts: 749 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Anyone want to play a game of hearts?

(not really)

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, kwsni!

I'll go get some wine to go with that stew.

*wonders whether rabbit is best served with chardonnay or cabernet savignon*

*decides to take the middle road and brings up a nice blush zinfandel*

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

MMMmmmm, just like mother used to make.
ladyday
Member # 1069

mmm...stew. Just in time, I have the sniffles after getting splashed with icy cold water by the Balrog in the bathtub.

::throws down the ten of spades on the hearts table::

Bring 'er out!

Tammy
Member # 4119

:slurps:

Yummy!

Another glass of wine please.

*looks around and waits for wine*

Oh...I'm sorry, I can pour that myself. I'm a serving wench? Right? I keep forgetting that.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://moneycentral.communities.msn.com/THEMATRIXfans/matrixdudesalbum.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=31

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Who serves the wenches?
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Nice one storm..hehe..

Themselves..?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

LOL@the pic
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Anybody have some good LOTR puns?
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:

You might be a Redneck Hobbit if...
Your maps and rhune-documents have Miller stains on them.
The "precious" that was really in your pocket was a confederate flag cigarette lighter.
Your mithril is rusted from your arm pit sweat.
Your traveling songs that you and your companions sing are about dragons, elves and monster truck rallies.
Your dwarf friends have tobacco stains in their beards.
You were kicked out of Tom Bombadil's house for commenting on Goldberry's "rack."
You lost the Ring in in your wifes back hair.
You drive around in your pick-up truck and beat up Stoors on the weekends.
The Nazgul refuse to pursue you because they don't like to associate with "those kinds of people."
You broke Gandalf's staff from hitting your wife in the face with it.
You saw a preview of the WWF Wrestling Championship in Galadriel's mirror.
You distracted Attercop and his pals by throwing them some SPAM.
You knocked the Barrow Wight out by hurling your dentures at his face.
You ask the singing Elves at Rivendell if they know any Merle Haggard.
You put out cigarette butts in your foot hair.
The garden gnome on your front lawn is really a statue of your father.
You swear to Gandalf that you will only use the Ring for beer runs.
You just had to paint flames on the sides of Bill Ferny's pony. You told Strider, "It might cheer up the poor creature."
At the feast at Elrond's house you make a toast, "The Shire will rise again!"
You use the mirror of Galadriel as a spittoon.
You don't understand why everyone dislikes Gollum so.
When the old wizard pulls up with a wagon full of packages, you think they're marked "G" for "grits."
Your mailbox is shot through with so many holes that the Shire Post hobbit just wedges your letters between the crossbow bolts.
You've used the pin on your elven brooch as a toothpick.
You've ever hogtied a person with elven rope.
As a practical joke, your buddy keeps calling you "goblinslayer" when you are captured by Uruks.
You've ever used lembas as bait.
Your wife chained your pony to a post to keep you from going drinking at the Green Dragon, but she forgot about your old pet deer.
You've had to ask a wizard to help you open your back door because you got home at 2am and locked yourself out.
You get along really, really well with Beornings.
You weren't afraid to take a barrel down the River Running because you and your cousins used to go white water rafting on the Brandywine.
There's a wain up on cinder blocks in front of your family smial.
Your idea of an "ornamental waistcoat" is any T-shirt without any holes in the armpits.
You can describe the difference between fox and thrush... by taste.
You've ever read comic books by the light of an Elvish blade.
You've ever had to pawn one of Bilbo's birthday presents to bail one of your relatives out of the Lockholes.
Your bar tab at the Prancing Pony goes back three or more generations.
At the Hall of Fire in Rivendell, your song is the only one that Elves can clearly distinguish from that of other mortals.
An Ent tried to stomp you even AFTER he heard you talking. (my favorite)
You tried to build a moonshine still using some ruined equipment at Isengard.
Saruman calls the House of Eorl "a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor amid the dogs"... and you can't figure out why that's an insult.
Some Big Folk who've met you sent King Elessar a thank-you note for banning them from the Shire.
You mixed a flagon of ent-draught and Galadriel's entire box of tree food under the Party Tree and now it's half the size of Telperion.
When Wormtongue almost beaned you with the Palantir, you tried to charge the pitcher's mound.
After being rescued from Mount Doom, you pulled a few of Gwaihir's tail feathers as souvenirs for your family.
You're the wiseguy who sneaked out in the dead of night to affix the bumpersticker that reads "I Brake for Balrogs" on the back of Gandalf's cart.
You get tears in your eyes when you hear a Nazgûl scream because its voice reminds you of Mom.
Farmer Maggot's dogs refuse to track you because your smell makes them sick.
You call Boromir "Bo".
The trailer park where you live is situated in the Dead Marshes.
Orcs are offended by your language.
Saruman refused to use you as breeding stock.
You dig Shelob because you are a legs man.
You like the the Orcs' homebrew.
You've ever used one of the banners of the Rohirrim as a cookin' spit.
You took a little rock of Mount Doom with you as a souvenir.
You used insect repellent on Shelob.
You keep a piece of ork-hide in your living room to make Sting glow.
You put on the Ring occasionally just to annoy Gandalf.
You take a swim in the pool around Orthanc.
You playingly swept an axe at Fangorn and made it out just in time.
You offer plant food to Fangorn on a regular basis and giggle hysterically every time.
You offer the Ring to Galadriel again and this time you have your camera ready.
As a practical joke, you slip the Ring around Sam's finger when he's sleeping
You have a bumper sticker that reads:
"I give away my Barrow-blade when Nazgul give their Morgul-blades"
"Morgul-blades don't kill hobbits; Nazgul do."
"My wizard can beat up your wizard."
"Warning: waggon protected by pit bull with Black Breath."
You have a mithril belt buckle as big as the hand of one of the Big Folk.
Your ancestors' greatest claim to fame is that they adapted Ol' Toby into chaw.
Your granpappy's eleventy-first birthday party was attended by seven or more generations of hobbitry.
You've ever shouted "As Eru is mah witness, ah'll nevah go hungry agin!!"
You've got a bow rack on the back of your haywain.
You don't trust hifalutin' types like Ghân-buri-ghân with all their fancy airs.
You distrust Bill Ferny because of his "fancy accent".
You get voted Shirriff because everybody in the township is related to you.
You find orcdraughs rather bland tasting.
You got lost in Fangorn while searching for Treebeard's still
You think The Mouth of Sauron would make a fine announcer for the TV rasslin shows.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Well that certainly made me laugh.
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
for the rabbit stew i'd suggest the carbernet savignon, followed by a desert of honeydew pearls and cream puffs, matched with a strawberry cordial.
Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*wanting to help out with the food preparation...Tammy scours her mothers worn recipe book for the recipe for Sacred Lembas....hmmm...I'm no wizard..or elf maiden...oh well..here goes*

quote:

2 _ cups of flour
1 cup of honey (ONLY from a hive that was formed in a tree from Fangorn)
Crushed pipe-weed, to taste (Hobbits seem to like lots of this, as do the dwarves)
Water (preferably from Galadriel’s mirror)

Sprinkle the flour into a silver cauldron while singing ancient Elf-tunes. Slowly stir in the honey and chant this incantation:

Lembas, formed in secret places
Only for the ones in need.
Nourish them, brightening their faces.
Give them undying will to go on.

Lembas, sweet cakes that sustained the famous Frodo,
And kept alive Samwise in haste,
Shalt thou be kept fresh forevermore,
Time will not destroy your taste.

In this cauldron bubble and froth,
No evil is within this broth,
Gone are the days when you are needed,
but may your scent remind us still that Frodo Nine-fingers lives on, and that his quest has brought us peace,
MAY HIS DAYS NEVER CEASE!

Make certain that the last words are shouted. Repeat until the mixture has thickened. Add enough water to make it soft enough to be scooped, sort of like the mud on the riverbanks of Lothlórien in midsummer after a good rainfall. Place hobbit-foot sized lumps of the lembas-batter onto a golden platter and bake them in a sacred fire until they just begin to turn the color of the platter. While still hot, wrap the lembas in leaves and leave them to cool in the shade. Do not try this at home unless you are a wizard or an elf-maiden, the results will be, um, sticky. As aforesaid, these cakes will not spoil, and they are poisonous to Orcs.

Kama
Member # 3022

*comes back from playing pool*

Ohohoh , is there any stew left?

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course!
I'm glad it was such a hit...

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Tammy.

*ladles stew for customers*

*Gives Samwise extra mushrooms*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

This stew is sooo great. But I really need to start working now.

*goes to wash the dishes*

Someone's got to do this :sigh:

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Is there any chance I could have some of the rabbit skins? I'm looking to line my woolen cape with something soft...
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

How's the coney?
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.