FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anything Thread - One More Try (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anything Thread - One More Try
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
It's started.

the two towers reviews are going to drive me crazy.

::repeats to self::
Only a few more hours.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
"You're late." "And you look terrible."

I'm wavering in my pro-Aragorn stance....

*wavers*

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Its 4:15 in the morning... Dare I get 2 hours of sleep really fast?

Well, now that two towers has come, the next thing that I will use to make me get out of bed every morning is the fact that there is 1 year till RotK and less than 6 months for Matrix 2. Those are my main "Getting up in the morning" motivations.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I was walking home from campus after my third final and there were three ambulances outside one of the PE buildings. I was wondering, does anyone know why they have the word "AMBULANCE" painted on the front backwards? I've always been curious...
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
So that when you see it in your rearview mirror you read it normally.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a high school sophomore and I spent half of today editing college admissions essays for seniors. ::sighs:: The papers I edit recieve better marks than my own. 'Tisn't fair. Hence, I'm taking some desparate (sp?) measures: I'm going to my english teacher from last year for editing. This ought to be interesting. The papers will come back covered in red marks and I will, for some reason my friends do not comprehend, be overjoyed. I need more edits!!
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

WOW! that totally makes sense and I never thought of that! Thanks Bob!

It's FINALLY snowing here in Provo!! Woo hoo!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My in-laws are leaving, I don't have to see them again for a year or so. Yay!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my grades ended up higher than expected. Did I sell my soul and not remember it (perhaps one of the times I was getting trashed during exam week)?

And why do old people do everything so slowly? Don't they know that their time is running out?

What's with people who walk faster than me? Do they think they're better than me? Well guess what. They're not, because I don't step on the cracks. Amateurs.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm packing to go home from Oxford. My shoulders ache from carrying half my stuff back yesterday, and I have to do the same again today. And I just hope they don't lock the laundry room before I get my stuff out of it!
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Maybe all those people walking faster than you are ones whose mama's backs are already broken, so they have nothing to lose?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polystyrene
Member # 3612

- posted      Profile for Polystyrene   Email Polystyrene         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, looks like I might have failed a class. Stupid me for not attending! Stupid class for being so boring!
Posts: 1000 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a techno/dance/trance/club/house/etc. kick. Thanks to Podkin, I've become acquainted with Juno Reactor. Good stuff!!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

I have more RAM in my work computer... Went from 128MB to 192MB RAM much much much faster!
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
What a fool I am! I told my mom I'd come over for dinner, when I'd really just like to take a nap.

Yes, a nap at 5 p.m.! Hush!

Though, I do get free chili this way...that can't be all bad.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
In the category of irony...

I just got a pop-up ad from a site I went to - for a pop-up blocking software.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
My project manager: You brought in alcohol to work today!

Sandy: woe is me...I'm sorry, it was stupid.

My pm: I was just wondering why you didn't bring enough for me!

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

I'M DONE WITH FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six exams is way too many...

^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
I am done with finals and I was able to keep my 4.0

I am a happy camper!

Also I did this because I was bored and I needed to try a color scheme. I hate those pop ups!

[This message has been edited by ^Saudade^ (edited December 20, 2002).]

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm over the stupid stomach bug that I had, and so this morning I'm going to TTT! Yeah!

*2 hours to go*

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
^Saudade^ - um, yeah. A car driving through my head would probably make me vomit shirts too....

Cool painting.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

I just drew this with my mouse.
Thought you'd like to know I think I am officially nuts.

Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^Saudade^
Member # 175

lol as a matter of fact that was a mouse, a keyboard and a screen.

<---insane

Pixie
Member # 4043

I just found out that I got a 1300 on my PSAT this year; 690 verbal and 610 math. My verbal isn't quite as high as I'd like but I'm really pleased that I broke 600 in math. ::does happy dance:: And what's more, my friends all did really well too! They're all mad that I got better marks but I'm rather pleased that I only know of one person in the entire sophomore class getting higher marks. ::grins and continues dancing::
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed Richards
Member # 3514

- posted      Profile for Reed Richards   Email Reed Richards         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Job!! This is me:

Freshman, 1330; 750 verbal and 580 math!

I love being me!

Posts: 135 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tlfry71
Member # 3098

- posted      Profile for tlfry71   Email tlfry71         Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey poured coffee in my boots!
Posts: 170 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I hate? Packing. Especially when I know I won't be back until August or so.

You know what else I hate? Michigan. Especially when I'll have to be there for more than three months.

You know what else I hate? Driving. Especially when it takes at least two days to get somewhere I don't want to go.

You know what I really hate? My roommate and my other roommate's boyfriend going to see TTT when I can't go because I'm packing so that I can be in a car for two days heading somewhere I don't want to go.

You know what I like? Winning. Mafia made my day so much better!

[This message has been edited by Ophelia (edited December 20, 2002).]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it. Elrond is now disrespected and Faramir can be somewhat unforgiving. It's soo weird, since I read the book but the graphics are awesome. I didn't know Legloas was a pessimist. Merry was brave and Gimli is now the comic relief..mwhehe..
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Well, everyone else may be watching TTT, but I just watched myself on the locals news. Yay!

(They did a story about anime, because ADV, a big dubber/distributer is in Houston, and they came to Rice to talk to our club about it. I didn't say anything, but there was a nice profile shot of me!)

*Feels cool for being a big dork*

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! And I am anxiously awaiting my first set of trifocals. Maybe then I won't read "Annoying Thread - One More Try" every time I look at this one.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Anyone know what's good for epiglottisitis beside antibiotics? I don't want to die.
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs frisco::

I hate it when ken's home and neither of us has any form of transportation. And I hate it when he calls me when he's home, because he never actually talks to me when we're on the phone.

::sigh::

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

I just heard the "Something in the Chimney" song. For this song alone, I think Christmas has been redeemed in my eyes.

Thanks for the hug, kwsni. I'm pretty sure I'm not dying. It's rarely fatal in adults. But I'm still nervous about going to sleep alone in my house.

[This message has been edited by Frisco (edited December 22, 2002).]

Polystyrene
Member # 3612

- posted      Profile for Polystyrene   Email Polystyrene         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost the hat I swore I wouldn't lose! Now it's all alone out there in the cold, harsh world... I really miss it. It was so good to me, so soft and not itchy... it even went with my jacket. Now what will I do?
Posts: 1000 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I discovered a site that has interviews with a fair number of authors I like--Spider Robinson, George R. R. Martin, Kim Stanley Robinson, etc.--and with the duo responsible for all of the hidious Dune books that are soiling the shelves along side Frank Herbert's magnificent originals. I thought others might enjoy reading through these tool
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
They are talking 6 inches of snow on Christmas Eve.

Good News--White Christmas.

Bad News--May have to postpon family Christmas gathering due to snow.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed really hard when I saw these, but I also find them frightening. Why on earth would anyone make a product like this?
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

SWEET! Bobbly heads!!!!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

I had an asthma attack last night which would, under normal circumstances, be bad. However, attacks during the winter tend to mean a storm is coming. In fact, last time I had an attack during winter was right before the blizzard dropped 4 feet on us in '96. ::grins excitedly:: Snow!!
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all and Happy Holidays! I am in Rhode Island with Kwea and his family preparing to celebrate the season. For those who don't know me, hi, I'm Jenni....Kwea's girlfriend. I'm not on here very often, but I do tend to lurk and add my 2 cents when warrented.

I just got a knew job....Mass Relay (telecommunications for the deaf) and I'm very excited...(though now I'll be working there and at Brooks as a pharmacy technician).....I need a vacation!!!

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I just saw the movie Pumpkin. How on earth could the actors say such stupid dialogue with stragiht faces? And Christina Ricci as a blonde is just...wrong.

The best part about the movie is that it included Emiliana Torrini's "If You Go Away." That made me happy.

[This message has been edited by Ophelia (edited December 24, 2002).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found my reason for living! Yay!

I totally got screwed out of 120 bucks... boo

I get to play toon town mafia... yay!

Its 1:45 and Im too awake to sleep... boo

But I still get to chill on the forums... Yay!

And I've seen TTT 6 times now! Yay!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Oh, I hate you! Still haven't seen it once! My stupid brothers are also among the people who saw it without me! Sigh...my daddy will take me though. Eventually.
Ophelia
Member # 653

Heh. So, my mother temporarily kicked me out of the house today/yesterday (Christmas Eve), because I deigned to comment on the fact that she has been yelling a lot in the past few days (yesterday she started screaming and dumping diet cherry coke down the drain because she thought it was regular coke. She made a huge mess and made my brother clean it up. ). It was very funny except for the fact that I nearly got frostbite again. Actually, looking at my hand more closely now, I'm not sure I don't have a mild case of frostbite, just on the back of my hands this time instead of on the palm. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

At any rate, it was a typical family holiday. Each season one of us (out of my two brothers, my father, and myself) takes the heat, or in this case, the cold. Since it was my father at our summer gathering and one of my brothers at each Thanksgiving and Easter, I guess I should have expected that Christmas would belong to me.

Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I just woke up 5 minutes ago.

I'm on the west coast, but that's still 10:30 and the latest I've ever woken up on a Christmas. But I was reading Fellowship of the Ring late into the night last night..

Have a great day!

-Nato

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to wait for another year for one of my "Perfect Christmas gifts"..This is the second year already..

Oh, and I was up till 3 o'clock listening to the adults singing karoake (Sp) in a different language..the horror..

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I felt my baby move!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best Christmas present ever!!!

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, TheTick!
Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Congrats Tick!

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on what to do to survive a week and a half of boredom inside a house?

Anonymous Hatracker
Member # 3620

- posted      Profile for Anonymous Hatracker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, someone posted this name and password in another thread, and I figured that this would be a good place to post considering that technically I'm a newbie. (I'm not going to post again to avoid confusion with others who use this nickname.) I've been lurking here, but by the time I'd decided that I wanted to post here, Hatrack was not accepting new registrations. I hope you guys dont't mind, and I'll continue lurking here until new registions are accepted... bye
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.