FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One line descriptions of people (Page 28)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: One line descriptions of people
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, She was not the smartest girl in the room, even a room full of boys.

(actually happened to me. High School girl at a scouting event was happy they had a "bassoon thing player" refering to the bagpipes.)

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
(Girls can join the Boy Scouts. My older daughter is one.)

Really?! I'm very interested in this, but I can't find anywhere that states when the policy changed.

真的嗎? 我對這個有多新出。 我找不到在那裏有這個改變。

[ January 24, 2010, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
BB, the policy has not changed. There's a (relatively) new division: Venturing.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
BB, the policy has not changed. There's a (relatively) new division: Venturing.

Ah, thanks rivka.

啊, 多謝rivka.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Can't say "rivka", huh? [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Venturers is awesome. I was a Venturer (and am a girl) [Smile]

Although here in NZ, girls can be Scouts anyway at any age. Venturers here is just the name for that age group of Scouts. It goes Keas, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, for both boys and girls.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

We have Girl Scouts as well as Boy Scouts; but they are separate organizations run under separate guidelines.

Venturers is open to boys and girls, but there are both Boy Scout and Girls Scout troops/classifications for the parallel ages.

Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan worked for the Hatrack railroad, fighting the losing battle to put wayward threads back on track.

Dan was the type of person who greatly appreciated really silly threads, especially in his tuxedo.

Dan thought that the "One line description of people" predated Twitter, but would make a good Twitter Game.

That's right, I'm putting these up on twitter--eventually.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
There might be a book deal in it for you. A sort-of-sequel to the one about the six word stories.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
He was the kind of man who did a lot of typing... and it showed.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

Dan fought hard against the commercialization of St. Valentines Day, preferring the historical symbolism of mass murder, tommy-gun deaths in a dirty gas station, and an ode to organized crime.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.