FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PacNW Get-Together (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: PacNW Get-Together
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
which thread is that posted in?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
In other words I'm coming to Portland! [Party] I haven't bought the tickets yet because I need to know when I can get picked up. Please?

[Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I'm live quoting Annie via satellite link from Montana. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
WOOT! Hobbes is a'coming! [Smile]

Can't wait! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowie! This will be quite a great gathering!
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Not if someone doesn't give me a ride. [Grumble] [Wink]

But then I do need to figure out arrangments for staying over night.. two nights actually. Any ideas?

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, don't let that stop you from coming. We WANT you to come and we'll figure something out as far as places to stay, rides, etc... Just COME!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, if worse comes to worst I will come pick you up in my crappy looking car. ;)No one should have to worry for wont of a ride from the airport...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure people coming from the airport will be able to find rides and "homestays." Sadly, I'll be staying in Corvallis and probably bumming a ride up to Portland myself, so I can't really offer either. [Frown]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting in late Friday night and I'll probably want to hang out with my family and go home. There's a slight possibility one of you out-of-staters could spend the night at my house, but it's a two-hour drive from Corvallis to Portland. In other words, it's better for you to stay in Portland if you can.

I am interested in getting together for most of Saturday. The market and book shopping sounds great.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Hmmm... I guess I'm just going to go ahead and get tickets, and then people can plan around me. [Razz] [Wink] [Wink] [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Someone should pick me up at 10:56pm Friday and drop me off for a 12:55pm flight on Sunday. That would be a good thing.

[Big Grin] [Cool] [Party] [Cool] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
uh, how are you getting to and from the airport?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Purdue shuttle. [Smile] Though Actually that only works going there... hmmm. Maybe a taxi or something, I'll have to look into it.

[EDIT: Nah, maybe I'll just make you drive me Celia. [Wink] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ October 25, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

celia60
Member # 2039

that was going to be my suggestion as i don't know that we'll be in town that weekend.

and you can't borrow the car we aren't using, lance.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*laughs* I understand Celia, I'll just bring my bike and get back that way. How much would a taxi cost? Stupid leaving at 1:00 and not getting back until 11:00. [Grumble]

Hobbes [Smile]

celia60
Member # 2039

i have no idea, why would i take a taxi?
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well I don't know either. However, I could stay at the airport over-night and take the shuttle back the next day in the morning, I'd get back in plenty of time for class but it would be kind of werid...

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Yay!! You're coming!! Don't worry about anything, we'll get it figured out.

K folks, Ideas? I'd be willing to pick him up at the airport, but I don't think we have a place for him to stay the night(especially if Shan decides she wants to stay with me too). So, where can I drop him off? [Wink]

[ October 25, 2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Well, the homeless people at the bus depot are always complaining they have no one to talk to...(j/k) [Wink]
Hobbes
Member # 433

Thanks Narnia! [Smile]

So let's see, if Narnia can pick me up then all I need is a place to stay for two nights and a ride back. [Wink] [Smile]

help? [Embarrassed]

I can stay at a hotel I suppose, but I would feel really lame staying at one all by myself.

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Fear not Hobbes. Give us a week and we'll get it all figured out. It's going to be a blast!! I'm really excited. [Big Grin] [Party]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You're excited? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Kiss] [Big Grin]

So, what's going to happen? Ohh, sorry, I thought it had been a week. [Embarrassed] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Ohh, and I think I'm going to sleep at the airport Sunday night. :laughs: (at self). This should teach me to pay attention to return trip as well as departure.

Me: [Laugh]

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

*bump*

<--*Isn't actually here, is actually at lunch like he's supposed to be*

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

*bump?*

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Hobbes...(drumroll)

it looks like you are the proud winner of....

a piece of my living room floor!!! WOOHOO!! This high traffic area serves as a living room, a choir rehearsal/music room, a place to dump our coats room and much much more!! With an airmattress and a flat pillow (as fluffy as we can find) this will make a fine place for you to crash during the fun-filled OSC weekend in Portland!!

The best part is that to your left and down the stairs is...the bathroom! Oh, and....the DVD player. Oh yeah....and....Annie might just be hanging around too! [Smile]

So, now that you've won, what do you think? [Wink]

[ October 28, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

I feel just great! I'd like to thank my parents, and my wonderful production staff, without whom this movie could neve... yah...

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Yay! I'm coming to Portland, watch out!

[Party]

Hobbes [Smile]

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally a chance to dust off my Hatrack River login. If anyone wants to know how to get around Portland, where to eat, etc, let me know. Also what kind of food and how much you want to spend.

Portland has changed a lot in the past couple of years, and there are a bunch of great new restaurants, bakeries, brewpubs, etc.

Even if you're planning on going to the Beaverton Powell's and/or the downtown Borders, you HAVE TO go to the downtown Powell's at least once in your life. It's absolutely HUGE. Lots of good places to eat and shop within a 5 minute walk, too.

OSC in PDX. Who woulda thunk it?

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, I've been to the downtown Powell's. It was on the last Hatrack outing, actually. It's a shame OSC isn't going there. He could sign that pillar they have upstairs with the signatures of all the authors who have visited.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys. Sorry I've been MIA.

I don't mind being social director for both the day we pick up people from the airport and the day of the signing. There's plenty to do around here, I have favorite hot spots that I think everyone can appreciate.

I'm sure this has been covered, but to get it all in one post: when is everyone planning on actually being in Portland? I'm picking Nathan up from the airport - are both Annie and Hobbes coming in on the same day? Narnia - do we want to meet beforehand and pick them up together?

Those of you driving into Portland the day of the signing - do we want to meet for coffee like we did the last PDX Get-together, or simply all meet at the signing?

I can find a place to meet beforehand if that's what we wanna do. Just let me know.

(My e-mail address is dandadodge@comcast.net if you want my phone number to solidify any of the plans.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

My plane arrives On November 14th at 10:56pm. As I understand it, Annie and T are both getting in earlier the 14th but at the same time... ? [Dont Know]

I don't think anyone's going to want to wait for me, it's nice enough for Narnia to offer to come get me. [Big Grin] After that, I'm leaving Sunday 12:55pm (take off time). Then I'm going to sleep for 7 and half hours at the Indy airport until 6:00 the next morning. Self: [Laugh]

At least I'm learning a lesson from all this, don't be an idiot! [Wink] [Smile] Anyways, in between those times we should do all sorts of fun stuff!

(Narnia, sleeping on your chair will be practice for attempting to sleep in the airport chairs. [ROFL] [Wave] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man! Work too many hours, don't check up on things and LOOK what happens! You lose your floor space!

That's okay - I can only make it for the day anyhow, since finances and timing/obligations are tightening up. However, the car ought to have been well fixed by then and spiffed up, so if anyone needs help getting to Portland or wants to carpool from the Olympia area on down, let me know!

Do we know where we are meeting? Time? Directions?

(Rubs hands together gleefully)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

1) Shan, there's still floor if you need it. I hadn't forgotten about you. [Wink]

2) Hobbes, you're not sleeping in a chair. You're sleeping in an air mattress on the floor!! [Big Grin]

3) Ralphie, I think that I was going to pick up Annie at around 8pm and then...well...I had a thought. You're not that far from the airport. I could pick up Annie, we could go play at or nearby your house so we could see Nathan too, and then I could go back and get Hobbes (alone without Annie. HA! Just kidding!) What do you think of that? After that we could hang out some more or whatever.

4) I'd love to get together for some everybody time on Saturday before the signing if we could. Saturday's market will be going on, right? If anyone wants to meet in the morning, do lunch, split up in the afternoon, or just hang out until the signing? Did you have specific things you wanted to do Saturday Ralphie?

5) MoonRabbit, are you coming??? I would like to say that you're invited and that we would LOVE your input on stuff to fill up a Saturday that isn't too expensive. [Wink]

6) Hobbes, I'll probably drop you off at the airport on Sunday at around 11:30 am. That should get you through security etc. If you and Annie could email me your airline and flight numbers, I can keep tabs on your incoming flights in case they're late. k?

7) Zotto, Nato, Shigosei, Jonny and everyone else...are you guys ok with getting into the city on Saturday? Does anyone need a ride or anything else?

I'm so excited!!!! [Big Grin]

[ October 28, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely like to meet other OSC fans in Portland, and I could probably be talked into doing some driving, especially if anyone wants to do any Portland sightseeing or brewpubbing or whatever.

BTW, there's a new gelato shop a block west of the downtown Powell's. It's expensive, but they have at least 20 different flavors.

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Narnia - you are the hostess with the mostest! [Kiss]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Sounds good. We'll probably have to hit the downtown Powells for some serious fun anyway, so maybe we could do that in the afternoon?? Thoughts?

Jeni, when are you going to be in town? Is your family coming with you? Do you have any plans or ideas about what to do?

Shan: Aw... [Blushing]

[ October 28, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

7) I am driving down from Seattle so I will be okay to get there. I can pick up anyone who needs a ride between Seattle and Portland. Do we have an idea of where/when we're meeting on Saturday morning?

Brewpubbing sounds good Moonrabbit, though I don't know if many of the youngsters there will be of age. It'd be more fun if there's a whole bunch of us.

Zotto!
Member # 4689

Narn, I think I'll need a ride, if that would be possible. I'm gonna call you soon (day off tomorrow with very little homework! A miracle!) so we can hang out. [Smile] And if you see Ralphie around, tell her I'm sorry I'm being such a flake and haven't returned her phone calls.

*thwaps self for having classes all the time*

*thwaps classes in general*

I wish I knew what all you Portland jatraqueros look like. I've prolly passed you on the street. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Zotto, rides we can do. We can all mush into my sister and I's Toyota and have a blast. For Saturday, I was thinking that the Max would be the best bet so we wouldn't have to pay for parking. We'll chat about it when you call me. If you call me tomorrow, don't be alarmed if I don't answer. [Frown] I'm in class forever and rehearsal and all sorts of stuff until 9pm or so probably. So leave me a message with your number and I'll call you back tomorrow night.

Yeehee!!

MoonRabbit, if Frisco comes (ahem!! As he should!) he and Ralphie (maybe Shan and anyone else that's 21 or over?) would probably not be averse to brewpubbing Friday or Saturday night. The rest of us youngins and Mormons can keep busy. [Wink]

[ October 29, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Shan
Member # 4550

Well, Jonny, last time we PNWers got together, I carpooled with DeathofBees - we just met at the park-n-ride on Martin Way in Lacey and shared gasoline expenses. If you want to carpool, let me know -
Zotto!
Member # 4689

An Ode to Narnia

Well, I'm not a poet and i can't think up lyrics. Suffice to say that Narnia is extra sweet for hauling my butt around. [Smile] [Kiss]

I'm STILL in class right now and it's almost nine forty. [Big Grin]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, and Ralphie:

I will be on the same flight as Annie, which gets in around 8:00 pm. So after we get off the flight, I'm up for doing something. [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
The odds of my coming are about 60/40 and rising.

And I will be up for some brewpubbing.

Dan, Toni, Katie, Johnny....who else is up for it?

Shon, Ty...will your wives let you come play? [Razz]

Who else is of age and not Mormon?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If we go to one of the McMennamins you don't have to be over 21 and it's essentially a restaurant.

While I understand if someone would object, it's pretty much like dining at a place that makes it's own beer. Everybody would be able to go.

I know for a fact Slash won't be able to make it. Sorry, guys.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, if you're awake this late(early?), you could at least drop me an IM. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I mention yet that I'm getting excited?

(16 days, by the way)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I'm legal. And Lutheran. We can have an occasional drink . . . [Roll Eyes]
Narnia
Member # 1071

Doesn't McMenamins kick you out after 10pm if you're underaged? I could have sworn I heard that somewhere? [Dont Know] I'm up for it if everyone can stay.

So Ralphie, do you want to meet up, get Nathan and Annie, hang out somewhere around there and then go get Hobbes? (Or Annie and I can go get Hobbes if you guys are busy otherwise. [Wink] )

Hobbes
Member # 433

So if we're over 21 and not Mormon, we can drink, but if we're under aged or Mormon we can't... does this mean that if we're under aged and Mormon the bars will let us in? Kind of a double negative thing? [Dont Know]

Maybe us non-drinkers should go shoot craps or something. [Wink]

Narnia, I'll send you my flight plan as soon as I can... just need to find the link somewhere. Thank you so much for all this, I'm so excited! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ October 29, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.