FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PacNW Get-Together (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: PacNW Get-Together
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ten days everyone! Ten days!

I'm up for whenever, wherever, as long as Hobbes is involved [Smile]

And I highly encourage everyone who can to come have crepe breakfast with us on Saturday morning. I'm really excited about that, but then again, I"m silly that way.

And I have no idea what to say to OSC! I'm a first-timer! (suddenly gets all anxious) Ah!

Annie [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I feel the same way!!! I don't even know which books to have him sign. I'll just have to bring them all on the chance that the line will be relatively short. [Wink]

MoonRabbit, I had no thoughts of anything bizarre. That was Hobbes that thought of that! And he's taken. [Big Grin] I'm excited to meet you on Saturday. [Wink]

The count is up to 13 people. I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Geez, you two. Get a room.
I have a new-found respect for Jon Boy and Brinestone.

And Lime and Vana.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have no idea what to say to OSC! I'm a first-timer!
First time I met OSC, he made fun of me for my bike. And we swapped mission stories (I'd been home less than a year). I was in heaven.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* I wish I could come to this. Dang. WenchCon, then. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. I meant to say:

Get a room, you three. [Taunt]

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ew, now that's just wrong. [No No]

[ November 04, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm up for whenever, wherever, as long as Hobbes is involved
Spoken like a true Shakira fan...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Si. Pero, amo Hobbes mucho mas que amo Shakira.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, couldn't resist. This thread was just too sticky-sweet.
[Evil]

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:sneak, sneak:

Just like FL.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Now Hobbes and Annie - do we have to give you the little talking to about PDA's? [Razz]

So, Ralphie - I am guessing True Brew would be too small, or do you think it would accomodate? I've lost track of who's where at what time with the exception of remembering that Narnia's crowd will be eating crepes in their jammies. (Jealous, jealous, jealous)

If I wanted OSC to sign a t-shirt or a favorite stuffed animal or put a benedictory, keep plugging away at it, on my own writings, do you think that'd be okay? [Confused]

*Edited for pre-caffiene attempt at communication foibles and flaws*

[ November 05, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

PDAs or PDAs?

[ November 05, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Shan
Member # 4550

You choose! [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
You can choose, but we don't want either. I'm not sure I have the money for a Palm or Handspring, so I'm just not interested in PDAs in general right now.

I'm getting pretty excited about this whole trip to Portland thing, you know.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

I was going to make a Hobbes/Palm Pilot joke, but thought better of it. [Evil Laugh]
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
For all those of you who were terror-stricken with the thought that Nato might be stranded in Corvallis, unable to make it to Portland, fear not! My family will be taking him with us. And when I say "my family" I mean the whole bunch, so be prepared! You may meet a Jatraquero you never thought you would...(*insert scary music here*) Of course, I won't tell you who it is, since I won't admit to being related to him.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, would you mind if I brought along a DVD to watch?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Uhhh, isn't that the point of staying at the same house? Late night DVD parties?? [Wink]

Keep it clean though and appropriate for all of us in our 20s to watch. You know what I mean. [Big Grin] It'll be great fun!

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Keep it clean though and appropriate for all of us in our 20s to watch. You know what I mean.
Uh, I'm not sure what to make of this line. Pretty much anything that was appropriate for me when I was 18 has been appropriate for me to watch up until my current age. Or is "all of us in our 20s" some sort of code phrase? Are you talking about 4:20? Or is it like, what's your 20 (your location)? [Big Grin] [Confused] [Wave]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

I was thinking The Quiet Man (that Annie sent me [Big Grin] ). That sure as all get out must be clean for people in their 20s... [Wink] [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

Bah. Young'uns and their all-night dvd parties. In my day we used to have to spend all night walking in three feet of snow to get to school on time the next morning. [Grumble]
Shan
Member # 4550

And that was after [ROFL] r sanitizing the outhouse with boiling hot water and a scrubbrush.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Not to mention chopping wood and studying our schoolbooks for hours by candlelight...
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You had a CANDLE?! Lucky!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

You should know better than to analyze my ramblings. They have no deeper meaning whatsoever! [Wink]

The Quiet Man is an awesome movie. We have it in my dad's box set of John Wayne VHS fun. [Big Grin]

So...more plans. Ralphie, have you had any luck in finding a place to meet? I was thinking that it would be great if we could get there via the MAX, or drive FROM there and park and ride the MAX into town...or take the bus or whatever. I just don't want to have to worry about parking.

But, (brilliant idea) there's free parking at the LDS Institute on Market and 10th...that's within walking distance of pioneer courthouse and yamhill etc. If we wanted to head over to Powell's we could probably catch a streetcar or something. Now we just have to find a place that will fit all of us for when we meet. *thinks*

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

7 days!
Annie
Member # 295

6 days! (I'm counting down to Friday [Big Grin] )
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

White elephant, anyone?

I suggest we meet at Powell's, by "The Pillar", and everyone bring a white elephant to exchange. Does this appeal to anyone? My wife's company usually does this every year, but they cancelled this year's party and I need my white elephant fix. [Cry]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Cecily - I'll call you tonight, soon, so we can solidify where we can meet at in the morning.

Sorry I've been such a goober about all this. I just truly don't know the west side (REPREZENT) very well and I have no clue where to meet up.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember to give him a peice of my mind for me, and tell him to visit me in Wisconsin, would you? And none of this "I'll go to Madison in 2008 stuff. And not between December 16th and Janurary 20th. That would just be plain evil. Have fun guys!
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Four days!
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*can't wait*

No, literally, I can't wait. *spontaneously combusts*

I saw "The Crystal City" over at Powell's today, but I lacked the funds to purchase it. *laments*

Four days! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Zotto....dude. Where ya been? For the love of Pete, call me and give me your address! [Big Grin]
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
So are there solidified plans? We're still planning to be there too.

I can't wait!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

There will be solidified plans. SOON. [Wink]

Ralphie, we don't have to meet in Northwest. We can meet wherever you want because I think you know Portland better than I do. I just don't want to pay for parking once we get down there and want to know what you think of my above parking-avoidance ideas. We could meet at Powell's in the beginning if you wanted, and just hang out there for a while like MoonRabbit suggested. [Smile]

For dinner...well. There's the Pioneer Square food court (tacky? Well, there's lots of choices! [Wink] ) and any number of little places. The problem with little places is that we'd probably have to make a reservation if there's a group of more than 5 people (which there will be.). So, I'm still not any more help, but those are my ideas.

Fear not everyone, we'll find a spot.

Zotto, if you want to come to the airport on Friday night and hang out with people as they fly in, you've got to give me your address so Laura and I can pick you up. [Big Grin] If not, we'll swing by and get you for Saturday's festivities.

Shan
Member # 4550

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

I have out-of-town guests (old college buddie from upstate NY and partner) arriving a weekend earlier than expected - either late this Friday evening or early Saturday morning.

I won't be able to join all of you for any part of the festivities. [Wall Bash]

It will be nice to see Amy again - the last time I saw her, Nathan was not yet 4 years old. Maybe I'll get a chance to sneak away to the Seattle signing.

But I'll miss you all - have a good time. [Frown]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Oh! We'll miss you lots. Have fun with your friends, though! Maybe we can have another get-together during the summer when the college students are home.

I'm so excited!! This is gonna be great.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Okay, I just got an email from Shan saying she's not coming, so it looks like I'm driving down alone. I'm hoping to make it down there in time for crepes. This means that I will need some contact info for the crepe house, and the time/place we're gonna meet for the book signing in case i don't make crepes. Email me at JonnyNSB@hotmail.com. I look forward to meeting all of you! Though it is gonna be SOOOOOOOO weird hearing voices and seeing faces of all the people I've already assigned voices/faces to in my head...like seeing the movie after you've read the book!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, no Shan. [Frown]

That's very sad. Have an excellent weekend with your friend, sweetie.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Shan. [Frown] I'm sorry honey. We'll miss you, but I hope you have a great weekend! I love visiting with college buddies!!

Jonny, crepes are at my house. I'll email you map etc this week soon. We'll probably get going eating and everything around 9 or 10am. [Wink] I'm glad you're thinking of coming to that and I hope everyone remembers that they're invited!!

Shan
Member # 4550

[Cry] (no crepes)
[Cry] (miss meeting Jonny)
[Cry] (can't shake Uncle Orson's hand and say stupid things)
[Cry] (miss out on meeting up with Jatraquero's from last January and new ones I haven't met and, sniff, and, sniff, gulp)

It's a good thing I love my college pal, Amy. [Big Grin]

Just so you all know, she was a total lifesaver in college (the first time around). She was the first woman I met -at the time- breaking into the sound engineering (male-dominated)field. We had some fun, I can say! And supported each other's goals!

She also taught me quite a bit about social justice issues afetr she moved to San Francisco, post-graduation - that it goes way deeper than writing a check or being "knowledgeable". She taught me to get my hands dirty and work at helping solve problems.

So, while I am truly sorry to not join you all, I will be happy to see Amy. It's been five years. (gasp)

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Well, I think I have the flu. If I can get home, though, I will. We'll see how much of the festivities I can make it to. I'll probably have to talk to Nato now to see what time he wants to go up to Portland.

And I'll try not to cough on the Cards when I get my books signed. [Razz]

Narnia
Member # 1071

[Frown] I'm sorry Shigosei. *hands you some soup* Sleep lots and keep warm (down there in Arizona [Wink] ) and maybe you'll feel better by Saturday??? I hope so. (((Shigosei)))
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Actually, it's raining here. Looks like Oregon outside. I'm skipping two of my classes that are way on the other side of campus and just going to the one that's here in my dorm building.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I just sent you an email. [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

So do we have laid out plans? I've got to leave here midafternoon tomorrow to make it down there before midnight. I can't join y'all for crepes (they sound wonderful, especially right now since I haven't had breakfast yet), but would like to join up with y'all later for whatever we're doing.

And if I could get some cell numbers just in case I get lost (likely), that would be great. I'm happy to share my number also if it would help anyone.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

tomorrow! Can you ablieve it?

just a few hundred more school things to get done, and I'll be on my way! [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Jeni, I just sent you my cell number.

Jonny, I'm going to send you my address today.

Ralphie and I talked on Tuesday...we have a plan. We just don't have addresses yet. The plan is to meet at a coffee shop with a lot of seating that's a few blocks away from True Brew (where we met last time) but has more seating. This will be at about 2:00pm. Those of us at my house for crepes will just head on over there together. We just need the address from Ralphie and we'll be set.

After that, we were thinking of a Powell's trip, food, lunch, possibly split up and then meet again at the signing around 5:30 or six. That doesn't give us much time to hang out, grab lunch/dinner or whatever and get over there. It'll be fun though.

Annie and Nathan: Ralphie, me and Laura are carpooling over to the airport to get you. If you just follow the signs to the baggage claim area, grab your bags and head straight out the door, we'll be circling to pick you up. Make yourselves visible. [Big Grin]

Yeehee!! Exciting!

jeniwren
Member # 2002

Looking at that time-line, I'm not sure what my family will be up for. Hubby and son are pretty much game for anything, but Rayne is a little pickier. She loves being around people, and it's the best way to keep her happy, so maybe she'll be okay being out all day. But if that doesn't work out, I may end up having to meet y'all at the signing at 5:30 then do dinner. I'll call you, Cecily, when I have a little bit more clue what I have going on.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.