FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your last first kiss (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Your last first kiss
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Probably not because I'm going to California later that month. It'd be a stretch to get more vacation time in that month. But keep me posted on the details, I'll see what I can do. I never miss a main attraction if I can help it.

Admit it, you just want a big sloppy kiss. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, of course.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all are KISSING WHORES! [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My last first kiss
Member # 6326

- posted      Profile for My last first kiss           Edit/Delete Post 
When I kiss someone it's definitely going to mean a lot to me, and if I find out that it's nothing to the other person I will feel cheated and used.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

It won't be a real kiss if it doesn't mean anything at all. And if it's a decent kiss, you'll know what it means when it happens. If you don't know what it means until later than you probably shouldn't be kissing them, unless you're a kissing whore. [Wink]

If I were to kiss you, for example, it would be because I understood that you wouldn't mind and because you'd know that it was just a celebration of who you are and an expression of gratitude for sharing yourself with me.

So you would have to fall into a certain category before I gave it to you, I guess. [Smile] Though some people, like Kama, are cool enough that I can plan on kissing them even though I've never met them.

<kisses the thread>

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Kiss]

And since you've obviously missed it, here's my trip plan.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad you liked the story. Welcome to the family, in advance. [Wink]

The part I didn't mention... when he left my house, he said he had Monday off work, and he'd see me Tuesday. Tuesday he didn't come into work. Discreetly questioned his manager... he had checked himself into drug rehab. 6 week, inpatient.

Although he did come back to work, eventually, that was our first and last date. And the one "relationship" I still have regrets over... but I still run into him every now and then, and he's still not clean, and I'm not dating a junkie.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::starts planning for first kiss:: [Wink]

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
My last first kiss was also the best first kiss I've ever had.

I moved 3,000 miles for it, without there being any guarantee that I would get it, and there certainly wasn't anything to say that it would be good when I got it, but I did, and it was.

We're still together. Best leap of faith I've ever taken.

He'd be embarrassed as anything if I told the whole story, unfortunately.

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't stand being casually hugged by guy friends who aren't my boyfriend.
Okay, for me, Hugs are in SUCH a different playing field than a kiss.

I wasn't a 'huggy' person until quite recently. But lately, I've come to realize that to many people, a hug - or even the less physical pat on the back - can be a great comfort and a well-needed release. I'll hug people that I have no desire to kiss at all . I'd accept a hug from a stranger (and have) much sooner than I'd accept a kiss (although I'm sure there would be very rare occasions in which that would be kinda okay too [Razz] ).

I remember one time in a computer lab at school I helped a guy I'd never met before recover files for a final project. He was so grateful, that he just up and gave me a big bear hug. It wasn't a sign of freindship, especially not a sign of physical attractio - it was a sign of a needed release of emotional energy. The desire to BE hugged I think (THINK) was greater driven than the drive to personally hug me - even though in that situation I was a 'personal savior' of sorts.

Hey, I'll admit it - I've hugged people before out of a desire to be hugged back. But I've also given many hugs with no other motivation than to make the other person feel more at ease.

Sometimes if I give a potentially biting jest, I'll give a half-hug to let them know I'm just kidding. And it almost always works.

Almost.

[ March 31, 2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd post a story here if I had a story to post. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
Last first kiss as in the last time I had a first kiss with someone? Or the last time I kissed the first kiss person.

Feburary 12, 2004--around 6:30 pm outside Bunce Hall at Rowan University, in Glassboro NJ. The left-hand side back entrance. It was cold as hell, and I looked at him and he looked at me, and we gave each other a hesitant, sweet-but-quick little peck on the lips. Hesitant, on both sides. Strong attraction flavored with the hesistancy of two mildly psychic people who knew it wouldn't work, who tried, and it didn't.

That was the last time I had a first kiss.

The last time I kissed my first kiss:

November 1999, a Sunday, around 10 pm Mays Landing. I don't remember how cold it was. I get off work and drive to my boyfriend of a year and a half's job, which is on the way home. I find him and he needs a ride home. I tell him I really can't, but that we need to talk. He talks me into giving him a ride home--and when I try to talk to him--he says--Everything's fine, we don't need to talk. I drop him off at the Wawa up the street from his house. He says "Give me a kiss." And I don't want to. He askes me again, and I comply--while thinking of very hot classmate (who I found out recently, is gay). He gets out of the car, and I realize I have to do some serious thinking aobut what I want. I had just started college, and I didn't think I wanted to be with a High school dropout McDonald's manager who didn't have the courtesy to call when he wasn't going to show up someplace and who didn't seem to think our relationship was important enough to talk about.

I dumped him that Friday.

I'm feeling rather nostalgic. I wonder why.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe for the possibilities?

Maybe for the memory of an emotion? Have you ever seen someone you used to adore after a few years, and all the feeling comes back? I don't know if that's real or not, but it was the echo of a feeling. Maybe you're hearing an echo?

Now that I've given my soap box a rest, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I think about this whole issue. I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to have to run somewhere in the middle. I don't like the idea of make-out sessions behind the gym just for the thrill of it, but not every kiss has to have John Keats' station wagon in mind.

*thinks* I really think my original objection stands. No matter what the reasons for kissing someone, of all the possible thought processes, I can't imagine an evaluation of technical skill being among them.

[ March 31, 2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

Running to the middle would be a good idea for you. The station wagon, I would submit, is a terrible way to go about kissing somebody. But not all other kisses fall under 'behind the gym for the thrill of it', either. You can have a meaningful expression of affection without a life-long committment. You can have meaningless ones, too, but you don't have to.

I have had a lot of kisses absent of a soul-mate connection. All of the female ones would fall under that category. But only those that took place on stage would I consider meaningless, and even then that doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy them and give my impression of which ones were more enjoyable than others.

katharina
Member # 827

Yeah, I guess I am somewhere in the middle.

*shifts and jumps up before sitting back down* Quite uncomfortable here.

I mean, I have been kissed when he wasn't my soul mate (see previous page for an example), and while I don't exactly regret it, it really wasn't that much fun.

[ March 31, 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

But it could have been, if he was a certified black belt like I am. [Big Grin]

j/k

katharina
Member # 827

Oh gosh. [Roll Eyes] [Razz] Yes dear, I'm sure you're Adonis. I'd blush to my temples and forget my name. It's a good thing we could only ever be friends or I'd be tempted to forget about that temple altogether. [Wink]
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

I'd remind you when we were finished. [Wink]
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, ouch. *sigh* On the other hand, you don't know what a kiss from me could do to you. Men have abandoned their plans and proposed solely on that basis. For both our lives' sake, it may too fiery a possibility to mess around with. You don't store radioactive plutonium in the hall closet, you don't wave a golf club at a lightning storm, and you just don't let that kiss happen without being willing to accept the consequences. Looks like we're back to the hug plan.

It's too bad, though. *sad now*

[ March 31, 2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

My last first kiss
Member # 6326

- posted      Profile for My last first kiss           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

I want more first kiss stories. [Smile]

[ August 25, 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: My last first kiss ]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? You still haven't got your kiss yet?

[Kiss]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't mentionthe fact that she screamed "Ewww....cooties!" and washed her tongue for six days after... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here's mine....

Last "first kiss" was New Years Eve 2003. Eric and I had been online friends for about 3 years, met in person when I was up in his neck of the woods visiting with my then-Internet boytoy (yes, I was a bad girl LOL) who happened to be one of his friends. Don't remember which one I "met" online first, now that I think about it.

Anyway, both Eric and Craig (the former toy) were planning to come here to Chicago for NYE, but at the last minute Craig bailed. I've wondered if he had ulterior motives or if he was coerced, but whatever the cause, it turned out to be a great thing because Eric and I got to spend the time without outside distractions. Our first kiss was at midnight new York time (cause I knew I wasn't going to manage to stay awake another hour).

The kids came back home from Gramma's house the next day and we spent the rest of the long weekend together having fun. The girls like him and Missy keeps asking when he's coming back to visit again.

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
My last first kiss was three years ago:

I met a very nice fellow on the fiction side of the forum and we'd been talking by the time he visited for about two years. We had been an online item and in late July of that year, he came all the way from OK for a short visit.

We had a great time and my family really liked him a lot. The last night we spent talking and trying to hold back time for a bit and ended up kissing. It was wonderful. sigh Unfortunately, things didn't work out. Long distance relationships are impossible. I still have that moment in my heart---it was nice while it lasted. [Smile]

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume that by "last first kiss" you mean the last time you kissed someone you hadn't previously kissed before.

My story is totally unromantic. It was last summer, when I was doing a play in which I played the young romantic lead. Two days after I met my co-star, we were rehearsing our "first kiss" scene and the director asked us to kiss, which we did. It was an O.K. kiss, but considering it was part of our jobs to do it, it wasn't anything special. Plus we were both in other relationships, so it wouldn't have really worked out anyway.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

Do drama kisses count? Not that I'm disparaging your experience, Brian. I just wondered, since they are staged kisses.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmn...

I've had lots of 'first kisses'. I get a first kiss every time I see Bernard again. And I must admit, they do feel like the very first one.

Our first kiss was...

Let me start from the beginning.

At Presidential Classroom, I got a first kiss--on my cheek. I had an early flight, and when I said good-bye to Bernard, he was talking on the phone to someone else. As the bus pulled up to the hotel, I turned to get my bags to see...

...Bernard bounding out of the elevator.

He helped me out with my bag, gave me a big hug, and kissed my cheek softly. Electricity shot thoughout my entire body, and I felt warm all over.

Our first real kiss was when he came down to see me a year ago. We were in my brother's hotel room (Bernard & my brother were in one room--Mom and I in another), and he sat next to me on the bed and put his arm around me. He kissed my forehead, I kissed his cheek, and we just leaned into it... It was surreal. Magical. Soft and sweet. He was shaking, he was so scared. We ended up almost falling asleep in each other's arms before my brother came back in.

I think my favorite 'last first kiss' was after he proposed to me. October 13th, 2003, about 4 pm (yes, our tenth month anniversary was over Kamacon). We were 'napping'--in reality, we were snuggling under the covers (get your MINDS out of the gutter!). I had my head on his shoulder, and he was playing with my hair when he looked at me and said, "I know we're young, and we're still just freshmen, but after we graduate... Would you do the honor of marrying me?"

I almost started crying and--of course--said yes. Then we kissed. It was amazing--loving, sweet and gentle.

::flutters eyelashes::

[ August 26, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwww. Mayday, that is so sweet! [Smile] [Cry] [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
You totally don't want to hear mine. It's a sad sad tale of clumsiness and embarassment. (But still fun.)

Maybe tomorrow night if I can work my e-courage up a bit. [Wink]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Mayday, I have to say that you and Bernard are the most undisgustingly sweet couple I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot coming from a bitter hag like myself. Thanks for sharing your story.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay, for me, Hugs are in SUCH a different playing field than a kiss.

I wasn't a 'huggy' person until quite recently. But lately, I've come to realize that to many people, a hug - or even the less physical pat on the back - can be a great comfort and a well-needed release. I'll hug people that I have no desire to kiss at all .

I agree with this ONE HUNDRED percent!!! I hug people all the time, just ask the 'Rackers who know me in person. [Wink]

And Mayday, that is one of the most beautifully sweet stories I've ever heard. *hugs Mayday and Bernard* I almost started crying, that's so precious.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

MayDay and Bernard really are adorable perfect together. Sweet to each other, fun to be with, and they light up in each others' presence. Warmed my soul, seeing them did.
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*is totally glad this thread was resurrected* [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
We really enjoyed Bernard and Mayday, too. They are so warm and comfortable together.

Yaay for happy couples and warm memories.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I could add some good stories...

....but since Ivygirl reads posts here at Hatrack, I think I will refrain.

I'll leave this to you youngsters in love, and just be a spectator/reader.

Farmgirl

[ August 26, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Mayday: Oh the magic! That was beautiful!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Made even more magical by the fact that you got engaged on the birthday of Fox Mulder...and myself! Such a magical day. : D
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I think your omission is a great loss to the thread. But I understand. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I haven't been kissed since I posted in this thread last, so no new stories, but in the spirit of it...

One of my favorite first kisses was in a refrigerator. [Smile]

[ August 26, 2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

Kat. In a fridge? Plese, tell me more!

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
A FRIDGE?

Wow. Mormons play wierd versions of seven minutes in heaven.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure out if it was an abandonded refridgerator laying on the side of a creekbank somewhere, or like a giant wearhouse, or grocery store walk-in fridge.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pirate_Smith
Member # 4780

- posted      Profile for Dread Pirate_Smith   Email Dread Pirate_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never kissed anyone in a fridge. Kudos on being unique.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*echoes everything everyone else said about how perfect Mayday and Bernard are*
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

We hugged, I kissed him on the cheek and left.

It was not a romantic kiss.

But it was a moment I'll value and remember, because he is a true friend.

[Smile]

Jess N
Member # 6744

After three years, I'd settle for that sort of kiss.
beverly
Member # 6246

*wonders if the recipient of Kama's non-romantic-kiss was a Jatraquero*
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
the last first kiss i had was last night.. ugh.. smokers aren't the most delightful to kiss when you've never done so before. *shakes it off* Ewwness..

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
So was it... smoking?! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.