FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A thread for Slash, Rat named Dog, and other forum grinches (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: A thread for Slash, Rat named Dog, and other forum grinches
grinch
Member # 6034

- posted      Profile for grinch   Email grinch         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a turd, Penguinevere. Props for not complaining at the time. Man, this thread is terrible for my self image. I keep winding up having to apologize.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think Heather needs a new screenname.
quote:
And to nip any rumors in the bud, Geoff and his lady are NOT expecting.
That doesn't stop the rumors... just changes them. <Goes to spread rumors.>

--ALittleMoreBravoThanJonny

Oh, another thing. Kat, you have mentioned that people say you're nicer in person than on-line. I've since determined that it is true of all Jatraqueros, with the exception of Slash, who is exactly the same in person, and Lalo, who has yet to meet anyone.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Grinch, your image hasn't been completely ruined, I'd take you in my corner any day. And at least you know when to apologize. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've since determined that it is true of all Jatraqueros
not that I think i'm an exception to this(I may be, i have no idea), I doubt it's true of all Hatrackers. Unless you were kidding. In which case...I have nothing to say on the matter.

[ March 18, 2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrackers, maybe not. Jatraqueros, definitely.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Not me. I'm nicer online.

-o-

And I've never dated Geoff's sister. Does that get me any points?

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so ya know, Dog, I think I missed the overall feeling of this thread, having popped in long after it's time had come and gone. I have had people freak out at me for saying things in threads that they couldn't have understood because they weren't around at the time it was started. I think this is what happened to me, so hopefully no harm, no foul?

*extends hand*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

What's with all this mamby pamby peace stuff?!?!

Dog's a jerk, and you're a flake!
[Razz]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
[takes hand and shakes it]

No harm done. I'm assuming this is what you wanted me to do with your hand? [Smile]

Kat, that whole "Well, I'm going to go talk to other people now!" thing is what I do when I think a conversation has totally died and no one is speaking. I certainly never do it to avoid quesitons or dismiss people. If you had just asked a question when I did that, chances are, I either didn't hear you, or didn't realize you were talking to me. But I'm sorry, I wish I had been paying better attention, so I could ahve avoided hurting your feelings.

Hopefully, the process of getting to know me later via Hatrack has altered your opinion of me ..?

[Michael Palin voice] Frisco, you're a silly person, and I'm not going to argue with you.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pissed, Bob the bored lawyer and dagonee the sad, have fluff-a-fied my thread

errrr

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Geoff didn't even respond to me, that's so rude!

Thanks!!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Johnny, I obviously use my shortened form to let newbies (especially annoying ones like YOU) know it's acceptable to address me as such. Otherwise, I'd get Boko, Bokon, Onon, or even Bo.
Whatever, Bono.

[ March 18, 2004, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm pissed, Bob the bored lawyer and dagonee the sad, have fluff-a-fied my thread
Hey - Alexa and Speed contributed, too. If you're going to give credit, give it to everyone.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Edge
Member # 5448

- posted      Profile for The Edge           Edit/Delete Post 
Bono's hanging out on Hatrack? I was wondering where he was. I'm in the studio writing some really amazing guitar stuff while he claims to be out "saving the world," and come to find out he's just lounging around with a bunch of nerds!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...with the exception of Slash, who is exactly the same in person, and Lalo, who has yet to meet anyone.
I think the Slash thing is probably genetic, 'cuz Ralphie is exactly the same in person, too. Or maybe they're just really open and honest in real life, and the rest of us put on happy, polite faces to deceive everyone.

Lalo doesn't really exist, I bet. From a different branch of the software center that brought us K.A.M.A., he's programmed to be the very model of a modern urban gigolo. [Wink]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Stryker. Starting a thread with, "George W. Bush is an idiot" is a great way to start an interesting discussion. It's an interesting take on a subject that's familiar enough to everyone that they can add something equally deep, while at the same time phrased in a way to really make those people who know what they're talking about really think.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
i found two hundred dollars in the street and i spent it all on purple yarn and granola bars.

thus is my everlasting devotion.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm nicer in person, but that's only because I work so hard to be such a jerk online.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives a noogie to Mike*

I am really sad to read personal attacks on the Cards. Even if I'd only met Kristine, I would have too much admiration and respect to disrespect them. After meeting Em, I can only say that that Kristine and her husband must know what they're talking about when it comes to raising kids. Em is lovely and sweet and totally silly, independent and devoted to her family.

I've never met Geoff, but I recall that he must have had alot on his mind during Endercon (didn't he propose to Heather during the event?) Though I like Frisco, Geoff's stature grew in my eyes when he stepped-up to defend his little sister. Whether necessary or not, this show of love and loyalty is just too cool. I hope my kids support each other the same way.

Regarding OSC's views, my thoughts are soooo different from his on so many issues, but he's not forcing me to take his views or his side in anything. I love this place that he and Kristine have created. Many of his ideas and thoughts must be not only good, but right, because if he's all about creating and maintaining successful community, he's succeeded in us.

Sometimes I think we get a little too comfortable in the Card's living room. They're not our maids, our enemies or our opponents; they're our hosts and if we're lucky, they're our friends.

[ March 19, 2004, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo! I'm the bad guy!

Well played, Rat.

And boy, Christine. That one stung.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lalo, I was going to deny that I ever disliked an Eddie. [Smile] But then I remembered that you're pestering me to tell you something I have very good reasons not to tell you. Egad, you're annoying. [Smile] But at least you don't brag to everyone on the board about dating my sister. [Smile]

[tries to weigh Eddies on a scale; gets flustered]

quote:
Just stepping in to make sure that Geoff doesn't claim me as an offended party and to point out to him that he's the first person on this board to have ever posted anything about me dating his sister. And nearly a year after the fact, at that. [Smile]
quote:
Frisco, I seem to remember that when you got offended at me earlier, your instant response was to throw up your relationship to my sister in defense, though to what specific purpose, I can't imagine. It did strike me as strange to see you using her as something akin to a status symbol to boost your credibility in an argument. But, talking to other people, I get the impression that you've used her that way more than once. I think it's annoying and disrespectful. Sorry to have embarrassed you by calling you on it. If you avoid it in the future, this will be the last time you have to hear about it.
quote:
Geoff, you could type until you were blue in the fingertips and you'd still have a long way to go towards embarassing me. You're getting terribly bent out of shape because of a single time I mentioned that I was your sister's friend.

And while the accusation of using our friendship as a status symbol (or, even sillier, to boost my credibility) was initially met with an eye roll, my second reaction was to chuckle at the fact that the allegation came from someone not exactly shy about having people know who he is.

You're totally tilting at windmills, kiddo.

quote:
[Michael Palin voice] Frisco, you're a silly person, and I'm not going to argue with you.
So, let me get this straight -- you defame Eddie, then when he responds pointing out the error in your libel, you declare that he's just trying to start a fight?

Man.

But why did I expect better from a penguin molester? [replaced former sentence that was deleted by Kristine Card, but makes the same essential point -- that Geoff is charged with a presumably incorrect crime]

{Sentence removed by KACard -- that one was way over the line Lalo. Watch your step, my patience is getting thin.)

Don't try to prove me wrong, Geoff. You're a silly person, and I'm not going to argue with you.

[ March 19, 2004, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Lalo ]

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
And the ghost of Baldar pops up....It seems something is being argued here to the point that several people emailed me some stuff. I seldom ever read Hatrack so I do not even know what the argument or topic is, but I am also not reading four pages to find out. Baldar sent the following for this thread. I just happen to be the messenger.

quote:
Someone emailed me the post that stated I had made a specific death threat against Lalo. While I am not there to defend myself I would like to state clearly and unequivocably that I never threatened Lalo with death.

What did happen is that in a moment when he was full of himself, he challenged me. I told him to tell me when and where. He continued back away and finally dropped off and cancelled. I would challenge Lalo to produce the post in which I gave a death threat. I maintain he is lying and while one can say that I am not the nicest person to deal with, I have never lied nor have I acted dishonorably. Lalo, by stating a falsehood regarding someone who cannot defend himself, shows himself to be less than honorable.

I would never threaten anyone with death, either explicitly or implicitly. The moderators would have acted immediately and banned me. I was not banned. That alone is sufficient to show his falsehood. I was banned at a later date for a different issue. It is dishonorable to threaten to waste a life that on its face is of no consequence anyway.

In truth he backed out of a challenge to fight, which I believe he initiated. Now he hopes to blow up and make larger that which never happened creating some deep dark threat upon himself and inflating a relatively weak person.

Just to keep the record straight.

Baldar

Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm letting the Baldar quote stand this time, because even Baldar should get to defend himself in this case. But I won't do it again.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm online at the same time as kacard.

Somehow, I feel less evil. . .

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Baldar asks, and I deliver.

I rarely delete e-mails when I think I may need to use them again in the future.

quote:
Your a coward, a punk, and probably some skinny little piece of crap
hiding
behind a screen. Your also a liar and can't stand by your own words.
I
will be reminding you of that everytime I see you in any of the forums.
I
am an hour away, I would meet you anytime, anywhere, around all kinds
of
people. Your some small measely slime bucket who doesn't know
anything.
Your mother should be punished for not aborting a snot like you. Enjoy
your
cowardice because I will always know what you really are. Run away and
hide
worm.

You see, you make the mistake of thinking I am angry and the heat of
passion
will go away. I have always done and will do exactly what I say, its
something you may not be familiar with, its called will. I don't need
to go
to Oregon, I can come to LA anytime. Your just too scared to take me
up on
it, regardless of where and how. You had better hope you never run
into me,
because until you apologize, this is not over, and if I ever see you in
person, the impromptu lesson you need will begin.

>From: Eduardo
>To: Jeff
>Subject: Re:
>Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:18:12 -0700 (PDT)
>
>
>The more of you I read, the more I'd like to hit you. But not this
way.
>Not with you lusting for my blood, and not because you're trying to
justify
>your bigotry by attacking anyone who points it out.
>I'm going to be in Oregon come December. Ty, aka Slash the Berserker,
has
>arranged a fight up there. I'd like you to be there, if only because
even
>you -- whom another Ornery regular dubbed "terminally unreasonable" --
>should have cooled down by then, and we can **** each other up like
>gentlemen. That, and if we do it in a ring, you won't pull some legal
suit
>out of your hat.
>Fighting now is a lose-lose situation. If I win, what do I have? A
>broken, middle-aged man who'd probably hate me for the rest of his
>miserable life. If I should lose, is it any better?
>Come to Oregon in winter. I'll save a spot on my dance card.
>
>
> Jeff wrote:First off, no where did I say those things you said
you
>moron.
>
>Second, unlike you, I do have a car, and arrested for assault doesn't
mean
>shit to me. It just means you were stupid enough to be caught and
couldn't
>finish the job. I am not that way. Give me an address and a time and I
>will be there, next weekend.
>
>
> >From: Eduardo
> >To: Jeff
> >Subject: Re: Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:10:46 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >
> >Heh. Well, nobody can say I haven't given you more chances than you
> >deserve. But if you think I'll let you insult me doubly for my
calling
>you
> >a bigot -- which you are -- you're ****ed.
> >I stand by my statement. You are a bigot, and until you take back
your
> >blanket statements that say all homosexuals are immoral, depraved,
> >lust-crazed sluts who do nothing but have unprotected orgies and
still
> >whine for a cure to AIDS, I will not revoke my claim. If you think
you
>can
> >disprove your bigotry by taking me on, well, I'm going to enjoy
****ing
>you
> >up.
> >I've been arrested for assault before, so I'd rather not do this in
a
> >public place. Any recommendations? My car's in the shop, so it's got
to
> >be accessible by bus.
> >-Eduardo
> >
> >
> > Jeff wrote:Look you little moron. Aside from the fact that
you are
> >lacking more
> >knowledge than you can possibly know, aside from the fact that you
don't
> >know what your talking about and have little or no experience with
the
>real
> >world. You definately have no manners. You think you can call people
> >things and there are no consequences to such an action, there are
times
> >when
> >you have to back up your words Eddie, this is one of them, and if
costs
>you
> >a few teeth, thats part of growing up.
> >
> >I am not going to regale you with my physical prowess, or what I do
or do
> >not know how to do in a physical confrontation, needless to say I am
> >confident of my abilities. Usually the strong are not as offensive
as you
> >are, usually it is the weak.
> >
> >I will give you one more chance to apologize in public on the post
for
> >calling me a bigot. If you do not, you can send me an email, tell me
>where
> >you wish to meet and I will gladly give you a lesson in manners that
is
> >long
> >in coming.
> >
> >I really don't have the time to intellectually teach an idiot the
> >difference
> >between disease, race and sexual orientation and how context is lost
when
> >you mix the three. You will note however that better writers than
you (ie
> >Tom and Everard) have not taken this tact because they know it is
false
> >logic in this context. You need manners boy.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >From: Eduardo
> > >To: jeff
> > >Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 09:40:40 -0700 (PDT)
> > >
> > >
> > >Jeff, if you're this desperate to fight me, I'll do it -- but I'm
> >honestly
> > >not anxious about it. I really don't want to hurt you. Or, if I've
> > >grossly misjudged you, to be hurt myself -- I currently have all
my
> >teeth,
> > >and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm still not quite sure why you
want
> >to
> > >fight -- are you saying you're NOT a bigot about homosexuals? I've
> > >requested you to do this many times, but, once more, go back and
>replace
> > >the word "homosexual" with "nigger" in your posts, and see if you
can
> >still
> > >call them unbiased.
> > >
> > >That said, the ball's in your court.
> > >
> > >-Eddie

I broke off contact when Jeff promised that he'd finish the job and wouldn't be stupid enough to be caught for it.

I'm not proud of my second e-mail, given that I haven't ever been arrested for assault -- it's not quite as gross a lie as it seems, given that I've been in parking-lot-fights that were forced to break up and run when a police car arrived, but it's still a lie and unworthy of me. For that much, I'll apologize.

As for the rest, well, decide for yourself.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, doesn't look very good for Baldar or Lalo when you read it.

But it is so easy to post on the internet and forget that our words, even the smallest of them, might have repercussions.

Baldar was an insufferable ass, but Lalo, you've posted things time and time again that if said in public would have gotten your head handed to you. Baldar's gone, so it won't do any good to chastise him, but Lalo, you might want to consider the tone of some of your posts, they often seem to be in the tone of someone itching for a fight.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think the Slash thing is probably genetic, 'cuz Ralphie is exactly the same in person, too.
I'd like to point out that I am probably the same in person too, as much as I'd like to be super-cool online. I even have the time to really think out what I post, and I don't...similar to the way I talk. I put my literary foot into my mouth at least as often as the figurative one. I guess technically they are both figurative but whatever.

I also make a lot of jokes to try and cover up the fact that I just said something revealing about myself.

So, anyway, a man walks into a bar...

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
OUCH!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the obvious solution to ALL the really genuinely freakazoid interpersonal issues on this thread would be to have Lalo date Geoff's sister, and then let Baldar kill Frisco.

[ March 19, 2004, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
And on this week's episode of "As the Forum Churns"...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, churning...

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
"Someone emailed me the post that stated I had made a specific death threat against Lalo. While I am not there to defend myself I would like to state clearly and unequivocably that I never threatened Lalo with death.

What did happen is that in a moment when he was full of himself, he challenged me. I told him to tell me when and where. He continued back away and finally dropped off and cancelled. I would challenge Lalo to produce the post in which I gave a death threat. I maintain he is lying and while one can say that I am not the nicest person to deal with, I have never lied nor have I acted dishonorably. Lalo, by stating a falsehood regarding someone who cannot defend himself, shows himself to be less than honorable.

I would never threaten anyone with death, either explicitly or implicitly. The moderators would have acted immediately and banned me. I was not banned. That alone is sufficient to show his falsehood. I was banned at a later date for a different issue. It is dishonorable to threaten to waste a life that on its face is of no consequence anyway.

In truth he backed out of a challenge to fight, which I believe he initiated. Now he hopes to blow up and make larger that which never happened creating some deep dark threat upon himself and inflating a relatively weak person.

Just to keep the record straight.

Baldar"

Don't lie, Lalo. Its not cool. I remember the incident in question, and it is as Baldar stated.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
*squeeks*

Except that, uhm, there was no death threat in that email exchange. He wasn't afraid of an assault charge, and he would be teaching an impromptu lesson. I saw major thrashing with the assumption of victory but not a death threat.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 

[ March 19, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: luthe ]

Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
How in the hell did Baldar of all people get resurrected?

Can I be a grinch now? I can't believe people are taking this stuff so seriously that now we're talking about ....... contests with Baldar again.

Anytime, in an online setting, people start talking about beating each other up, particularly when those two people haven't even met, then the lameness factor just skyrockets for all involved.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Hear that, Slash? You are lame.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
When did this thread become not funny?

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Sure he is:) But then again, Slash doesn't talk about fighting over political arguments and personal insults online, if memory serves.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've been doing my darnedest to keep this thread funny. Help me.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
This is true Slash is a non-discriminatory people eater...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frameshifter
Member # 2967

- posted      Profile for Frameshifter           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only thing that can save this thread now is a quick fall to the second page. (not that this post will get it there any faster.)
Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Right now I'm imagining Eddie as an in-law in the Card family. Now that's comedy!
lcarus
Member # 4395

Is this where the Hatrack Kissing Booth is?
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You mean it was funny before this?

*goes to check first few pages*

edit- ok. These last few posts beat me, and they were all funny, so I didn't have to check. [Big Grin]

[ March 19, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to point out, Eddie and I were just going to box a little. With pads, gloves, and all the safety devices. It was friendly sparring, not a deathmatch. I dunno how it got mixed into all the crap above.

I have told Kristine she can lock or delete this thread, now that Lalo has turned it into a place to air his grudges. Eddie, dude, you need to chill the hell out sometimes man. Let bygones be bygones.

And I AM lame. I DO threaten to beat people, but usually only longtimers who know me well enough to laugh it off. Only one time did I actually get mad enough to hurt someone, and that person left, and I have mostly gotten over it.

Dragging it up over and over again goes beyond lame.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't try to prove me wrong, Geoff. You're a silly person, and I'm not going to argue with you.
Don't worry, Lalo. I can't think of anything more pointless than an argument with you [Smile]

However, I'll give you this much. It's apparent to me that Frisco sees my family as a source of cheap jokes and an opportunity to drop names, with very little consideration for anyone's feelings beyond his own desire to look clever. My opinion of him is based on more than what you've seen on the board, though I've chosen, out of fairness, not to drag anything else into the discussion. If you disagree with my opinion, that's just fine. I think I'm allowed to choose whom I like and dislike, for my own reasons, without justifying it to you in quotes and citations.

I only discussed my frustration with Frisco because you brought it up on a board devoted to grinching. Otherwise, I am far happier simply to pretend he doesn't exist. But when he steps out of line, insulting my family, or staking some claim by his short-lived friendship with my sister, I think I do have a right to say something.

The incredibly odd thing, Lalo, is that you think you're in a position to criticize anybody on this score. It must be nice to be able to depend on the fact that other people possess a sense of shame that you do not. But today, I don't feel like bowing to your criticism. I second Slash's motion that this thread be locked or deleted, if my mother so chooses. It's good to vent feelings like this from time to time, but I think it's better to make them disappear just as quickly [Smile]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My opinion of him is based on more than what you've seen on the board, though I've chosen, out of fairness, not to drag anything else into the discussion.
*frown* Geoff, mentioning something by saying you're not going to mention it is cheap. Either say it, or leave it out.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had such a hard time following this thread, since its inception. It seems to be in English, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Don't bother trying to explain. I have enough of a headache as it is.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Ha! Some "lawguy" you are!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.