FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 4)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
The only place I've EVER seen worthless trinkets/gewgaws/whatever is in the sewer. They're easy to get from there, though. You get one close to 50% of the time when you go fishing with your chewing gum on a string.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, Azile, with the clockwork stuff, I had two. And I gave one of them to the clan. But I think somebody already grabbed it.
Ah, friddle sticks. Once again, I am foiled by my own selflessness. ::sulks::

How did you get one anyway? Did you find it? Did you buy it? Or did you combine stuff to make it? 4 adventures daily. Goodness. Think of the possibilities...

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, did you notice the announcement today? You can now only PvP people of the same level. It's in response to this, I think.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought our clan a meat tree this morning. We'll see how it works. I don't know whether we automatically each get the full 500 meat per day, or if the amount of meat the tree gives us is dependent upon the meat in our stash (in which case we need to save up another 50000).
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeay! for us!!

space opera

*rubs hands together and greedily looks forward to more meat*

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
My lvl 4 disco bandit, Josh the Beekeeper, just applied. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting exceptionally irritated that the stupid Knob Goblin Chefs refuse to drop Knob mushrooms when I kill them.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Yeah, those chefs don't always cooperate. But the Cobb's Knob Kitchens remain one of the best, if not the best, places to get food and ingredients for cooking even better food. Another good place is the BeanBat Cave, where you get enchanted beans almost every time you adventure. Also, I've just discovered that the Valley of Rof L'm Fao is full of really terrific food, but you have to be level 7 to go there.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Yeah I have been able to make several sausage pizzas from what I've gotten at the Kitchen. I just want that stupid mushroom.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Of course, after four days of trying to get that stupid mushroom without complaining, I get one now.

By the way, the sausage pizza--the recipe for which is (wad of dough + tomato) + knob sausage--not only gives you between 5 and 8 adventures, but it also gives you 10 to 12 beefiness points. I think I got about 3 points of muscularity in total today, which was nice.

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume you have to buy one of those 1000 meat ovens to cook stuff? Do you have to be a specific class too, or is that just for certain items?
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Yeah, you need an oven to cook stuff. But it's totally worth the initial investment. I'm now working on gathering what I need for the chef-in-the-box, and after that I may try for the bartender-in-the-box.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] I don't want them to limit my adventures! I want to be free to play KOL all day long and ignore all my other responsibilities in my quest for meat and familiars. Ok, maybe that was melodramatic, but all my turns are gone!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I know how you feel SO. I woke up this morning at 2 AM and said to myself, well, as long as I'm up. Fortunately I controlled myself a little bit, and only used the adventures for one of my characters at that time.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Josh the Beekeeper is now in. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

It appears that you have to have another e-mail in order to have another character. [Grumble]

I'm like an addict needing a fix. Only thing is, I would rather admit to people that I'm addicted to crack than 'fess up that I'm addicted to an RPG involving stick figures.

space opera

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The description I had read said 1% of the stash per day with a limit of 50K. So like, we ge immediate benifits, but not maximum benifits.

Edit: at our current balance, we'll each get 7 meat per day.

[ June 30, 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Erm... I know we have more than 700 meat in our stash. I mean, I just donated over 800 all by myself.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

As of right now, we have 4848 meat in the stash, so we'll get 48 meat each tomorrow, if the formula we've heard is right, and if nobody else donates today.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

uh, yeah, that would be an estimate based on my karma because i am, in fact, an idiot.

[ June 30, 2004, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

saxon, what are you missing for the chef-in-the box? Boy is that ever a worthwhile investment.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I broke down and played - I'm hooked.

I haven't finished my first day and I'm already at level 2.

Drakester - pastamancer.

(Draker was already taken [Grumble] )

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm missing everything except the spring. Well, I have a chef's hat, but I'm wearing it. I know that there are items I could use in the stash, but I would rather earn it. Nothing to do now but keep adventuring and hoping for the right items to drop. I figure now that I have a gravy fairy it should go a bit quicker.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

saxon75:"I know that there are items I could use in the stash, but I would rather earn it."

I understand. I debated whether to put those kinds of items in the clan stash for that very reason. I'm still wondering whether it wouldn't be better to hold onto them until and unless somebody asks for them, but I decided I would leave the decision up to the individual players.

Do you know where to go to find everything you need? The key items tend to drop quite often, in my experience.

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a spring, I think... maybe several. I can donate some to the clan, or you can try degrassi knoll.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

If I understand things right the items I need are at the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob, the "Fun" House, and the Misspelled Cemetary. Only thing is that the last time I tried adventuring at the "Fun" House or the cemetary, I got my butt kicked and had to run away.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

You built a meat car yet? Just a thought.
saxon75
Member # 4589

No, although that's on my list as well.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Cripes, are all of you guys playing at work?

I'm just glad it stores turns. So if I miss a day I get 80 turns the next rather than the usual 40. I wonder how long it stores them for?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

Saxon75, you might want to start on the car, just a thought *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*.

And no, I'm not actually playing from work myself, though it looks like others may be.

[ June 30, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found that if I reallllly savor my turns, I can waste a good 3 hours on this at work. Which still leaves me with 5 hours a day to sit here and stare at the walls.

I wonder if anyone would notice if I just left.....

SO, I know what you mean. It's bad enough that I enjoy these online RPG games, but one with stick figures? And bumcheek hats? I'd never live it down. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

And perpendicular bats, can't forget perpendicular bats. [Razz]
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

saxon, you'll also need an item from Fernswarthy's tower in order to build the chef-in-a-box.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what do I need to build a car? I've got two toolboxes and two sets of tires. What else do I need? Do I find everything I need in DeGrassi Knoll except the rims?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You should have a paper in your inventory that, when read, will give you the shopping list of parts you need to build the car. First, open both toolboxes that you have. You will find some of the necessary parts inside. And yes, all of the parts you need will be found at Degrassi Knoll except for the rims, which the Hermit has, and a meat stack, which you make yourself. And, of course, the meat paste with which you put it all together.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

quote:
You should have a paper in your inventory that, when read, will give you the shopping list of parts you need to build the car.
uh, what if i don't have it?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Well, it's not really required I guess. I'll try to list the parts from memory.

From Cobb's Knob you will need: tires, sprocket, cog, spring, empty meat tank.

From the Hermit you will need: sweet rims.

You will also need one meat stack and six (?) meat pastes.

celia60
Member # 2039

[Wall Bash]

what if i have all of those things, but the tires and rims are already combined to the form of dope wheels?

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The tires and rims are supposed to be combined into dope wheels. My list was of the raw materials, so it looks like you're already one step ahead.

Trial and error should help you get the other pieces pasted together -- don't worry, I don't think you can make a mistake. It will just tell you if two things can't be pasted together.

celia60
Member # 2039

Danke!

Wouldn't you know that the first 2 things I tried worked, but the next item doesn't combine with anything on the first pass? And neither do the freaking doped wheeles.

*drives off*

Zeugma
Member # 6636

Pizza is where it's at!

I already get +7 turns a day, and if I eat four pizzas, I can easily get up to 70 turns! And thanks to my flying mushroom thing and my mad l00ting skillz, it's really easy to get the ingredients. [Big Grin]

If anyone is still without a chef-in-a-box, I'd be happy to cook you pizzas if you send me the ingredients. I'd even throw in the dough, since I seem to have plenty of that...

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Is Sir John of Saxony who I think it is?
saxon75
Member # 4589

Indeed.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Sir John of Saxony and fugu13 are in.

Is puffer13 the same person as fugu13?

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get a @#$@#$# empty meat tank. I just keep getting springs and cogs and tires. I could make me a dozen cars, but with no @#$@#$@#$@ meat tanks.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

I donated my spare empty tank to the clan stash. Go ahead and take it. I took the cog and sproket assemply you had donated. [Wink]

What all is in a pizza?

[ July 01, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: peter the bookie ]

Zeugma
Member # 6636

a pizza is (dough + tomato) + either goat's cheese (moxie), knob sausage (muscle), or knob (not knoll) mushroom (mysticality).
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and there may be a pufferfish13 coming along before too long . . . freakin' addictive game.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

puffer13, drakeness and drakester are in.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.