FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 18)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Bernie the Bernaise, Jeff A Cordingly, please.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Where do I find a meat engine - in Degrassi Knoll or is it elsewhere?

And what can I do with the spooky shrunken head, rat whiskers, and gnoll lips and teeth?

I also need to figure out a better weapon for my Level 5 Pastamancer to use. She's currently using Dr. Hobo's scapel, but it really is starting to suck. Any suggestion for where/how to get/buy a better one?

[ July 23, 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to make a meat engine, by combining an empty meat tank with a meat stack, then combing that with a cog-and-sprocket assembly.

[ July 23, 2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I guess what I should have asked was where to find the meat tank. I have everything else I need for the car, just not the empty meat tank (which I'd like to find at least 2 of so I can make a maid too).

[ July 23, 2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep looking in the Degrassi Knoll. And don't forget to open all gnollish toolboxes that you find. In fact, check and see if there are any toolboxes in the clan stash. There were yesterday, and I got two empty meat tanks from one of them.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
#$%#$%#$ dictionary.

I have spent about 30 turns in pirate costume at the pirate place, and all I get is Moxie and meat. Am I missing something?

Does anyone have an extra Knoll Harem Veil? I want to sneak in and bother the Knoll King and I think that is the disguise I need.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

two things before you try it.

One is that you better make sure your strength and moxie points are high enough to take the king's guards.

The other is that it's one thing to look like a member of the harem - be warned that the king has a pretty good nose as well. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
At level 5, pastamancers should be using a Spooky Staff in conjunction with the Special Sauce Glove.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Man, the Hole in the Sky is hard. Here I was, going along, kicking everything's butt, then along comes the Hole in the Sky. Now, I'm getting absolutely schooled by a bunch of constellations. And I have to do this, because I need to collect stars and lines. Arrgh!
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Oh my, um, heck. I just got this:

"You're fighting The Trouser Snake

This is the Trouser Snake, so named because it resembles a snake wearing pants. Pants with only one leg. So basically it just resembles a snake."

[Eek!]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I thought the Special Sauce Glove only worked for Saucerors.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Heh - turns out I had an empty meat tank in one of the tool boxes I'd collected, so now I have my bitchin' meat car!

Now to get myself the staff and gloves Tom recommended.....

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

First the Trouser Snake, and now the Family Jewels and One-Eyed Willie. Sheesh!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you're right. Sorry. Pastamancers suck. [Wink] j/k
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

So which Jatraqueros have stores in the Mall?
meltier
Member # 6728

- posted      Profile for meltier   Email meltier         Edit/Delete Post 
Passle, StanleyTheStolid, and Zucchini Casserole (the fearsome threesome) are applying for membership in the clan.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

*looks suspiciously at meltier*
Who are you, and why do you want to join our clan?

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
San Fernando Valley has applied for clan membership.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Meltier is a friend of mine that I invited to Hatrack after I found out he had joined KoL. [Wink]

We went to HS together.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there something to protect against spooky damage? I'm adventuring in the Cyrpt and I keep losing around 25 points on average each turn because of spooky damage. On the last turn I lost 35. >_<

[ July 24, 2004, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you just need more moxie. Consider moxie=defense.

kk

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found something for that. Hmmm, glowing red eye? Got it either in the Castle in the Clouds or in the Penultimate Fantasy Airship. But that place isn't even open until you're easily strong enough to deal with the Cyrpt. Maybe you can find one at the mall or the Flea Market.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

The spell "Elemental Saucesphere" protects against all forms of elemental damage.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

The only item I've found that protects against Spooky Damage so far is the Lich Face. I got it in the (I think) upper right chamber in the spooky crypt, but I'm not sure if it was a random drop or not.

There are other things, I think-but they come in later levels.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Hey, our clan doesn't have a calendar yet, does it? We should.
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, we already got it. You can even see it at our main clan page above the updates/announcements.

*whistles* Ms. July is sure hot.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
My other brother lackwit applying for membership [Hail]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Will someone please put the Tenderizing Hammer back, please.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

I donated a new hammer to the stash. This time, if anyone takes it, be sure to put it back.
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG...I think I took it. I'll put it back immediately. I need to read this entire thread to make sure I'm not screwing my clan royally!

[Eek!]

Can someone please explain all the different outfits to me?

I'm a little lost when in comes to dressing myself.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

You can find the different outfits on this page here . [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Here's a hint, though: don't wear an outfit unless there's a good reason for you to do so, especially if you PvP.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

San Fernando Valley, Zucchini Casserole, StanleyTheStolid, lackwit and Passle are all in.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I just discovered something cool. A disco bandit, once he gets to level 5 or six, can completely ignore both muscle and mysticality and concentrate on moxie. You can do this by using a Moxie Magnet (ignore mysticality) and using crossbow fever (ignore strength).
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I wouldn't advise ignoring the other stats. They still play a big role.
zgator
Member # 3833

Is crossbow fever a skill?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides not being able to equip certain items, what does it matter?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I'm not sure what role mysticality plays, though, when one is a AT or DB. Unless there are (later) accessories which are vital and you've gotta de-equip the Moxie Magnet.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Well, "not being able to equip certain items" is a pretty big deal. I just had to get my accordion thief's mysticality up to 85 in order to equip an item that was necessary for the last quest (Which I just finished, finally, at least as far as it has been written yet. It's an unfinished quest, but I finished what there is of it.)

Plus, I suspect that Muscle still plays a role in the amount of damage you do, even if you are using a Moxious Maneuver, as my Accordion Thief has been doing for the past several levels.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

OK, so I can't ignore it completely, but being able to ignore it for a while sure makes adventuring easier.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
What, exactly, do I have to do to get the dictionary? Do I just go around the Pirate's Cove fighting monsters?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

You need to dress in the swasbuckling outfit that you get there.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Yes, until you complete the pirate outfit (swashbuckling outfit). Then you wear it and adventure in the Pirate Cove some more. Eventually, you'll get the dictionary.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had to satisfy my curiosity as to why this thread has so many pages.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Well, obviously it's because we're all so cool.
ludosti
Member # 1772

I'm having a hard time finding a disembodied brain (so I can make my chef in a box). Where do I need to kill to get one?
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Fernswarthy's Tower
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
You need to kill the Brainsweeper in aforementioned tower...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, just so you know - meat globes rewl.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok folks, back the bread truck up to level four...I have all this gnoll stuff from Degrassin gnoll...gnoll lips, teeth, pie crust etc...what am I supposed to be combining here? It seems that nothing is working when I try to combine it, but it's just sitting there doing nothing.

Also, I've just used up a gazillion turns trying to get the rims for my car. What in the heck? ARe they EVER going to give them to me? I've already assembled everything else...

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.