FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 51)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
So negative! Why not think positively?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark my words. THIS IS THE LAST POST!
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a chance! My prowess at killing threads is unparalleled!
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
grrr....
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Although this is somewhat on the negative side, think of this as a random thought and anecdote, and not as a personal attack on any of you that love last post threads . . .

My perception--and it may be incorrect, but this is how I remember it--is that when I joined Hatrack, last post threads would come and go. Someone would start one, people would play for a week or two, and then the thing would die. I don't think they ever lasted fifty pages, let alone a hundred. A mildly cool thing about this was that someone actually "won," for whatever winning was worth--someone got to be the last person to get bored of the game. (Yippee.)

When the incarnation before this thread came about, I was . . . well, annoyed is too strong a word, but I thought it was less cool because the damn thing wouldn't die. There were just sooooo many people who never got tired of the game that it just went on and on. I would say that it was the thread I found the lamest. (Yeah, yeah. I don't have to click on it. Save your breath/fingers: I posted it for you. I know I don't have any say in the matter; I'm just posting my feelings. I'm not incorrect for feeling the way that I do--we're all entitled to our feelings and opinions.)

Anyway, with the last last post thread, eventually an odd thing happened: it got so big, or something, that it could not be opened the normal way. But it was still possible to read it and post to it . . . it was just tricky. For some reason I cannot explain, this made me despise the thread less. It was like it had transcended ordinary lameness, and found a lameness so extreme that it was actually cool. It had gone through lameness and come out on the other side! I still was not a regular participant--but then, you'll notice that I'm not a regular participant in any of the forum games. I don't role-play, I don't go into the various bars and inns that have existed before and exist now, I don't get into "fights" with people that I can't win unless they choose to let me . . . so again, I acknowledge that this is more about my personality than about anything else. But I would post in that thread once in a long while. It became, for me, a random thought and anecdote thread.

So now along came this thread. Someone figured that it was a bad thing that the last post thread could not be entered easily, and a new one was needed. Once again, though, this thread just won't die. *lesigh* There goes the cachet.

Anyway, there is no conclusion to this. It was just my rambling. Don't think of it as any sort of judgment on yourselves, just as an observation of my own gut reactions.

In any case,

I've got the last post.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

Unlikely. Though I too wish this particular incarnation would pass on, it's something to do when I can't think of much to say on normal threads.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Interesting. Sometimes when I feel that way I do this:
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Epictetus
Member # 6235

I'm laughing inside, seriously, can you hear it?

<sarcasm="riotous laughter"/sarcasm>

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Im all for ending this thread as long as this is the last post.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'll let you have it.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
THank you very much kind sir
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure is late... It'd be a shame if I were able to grab the last post without anyone noticing...
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

[Smile] That was something over three months for kai! Last post!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Well, it was worth a try.

Yoink!

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yoink? What does that mean? It's not in my dictionary.
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

That's because you were using the wrong dictionary.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Okay, so let me get this straight. I say "yoink" while grabbing the last post like this?

Yoink!

Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Haha!
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

What's so funny?
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Yoink!
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

You're easily amused. O:-)
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
These are voyages of the last post thread. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new topics, to seek out new jokes, in new incarnations, and to boldy post where EVERYONE has posted before.

DUUUUUU DU DU DUUUUU DU DU DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DU DUDUDU DUUUU DUUUUU DUUUU
DU DU DU DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:SHWOOOOOMM:

WEEEE UUUUUUUU UH WEEEEEUUUUU
WA WA WA WA WAWAWA WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:SHWOOOOOOM;

du du du DUh!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Haha!
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what The Last Post sounds like.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

That woke up my cat.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Last Post
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss khal drogo
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

last post
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Haha!
Tatiana
Member # 6776

The Last Post
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like I've just won.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Never!
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Last Post
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
I will valiantly avoid joining this thread and lending my support to the pathetic attempts to up post counts that it entails.

Oh, darn, I failed.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Tragedy in Alberta!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

The latest Post
Tatiana
Member # 6776

The British Army loves this thread.
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm baaaack!

And yet again I attempt to gain the victorious title of last poster.

Though to me this thread is bittersweet, it really did inflate my post count. So I must ask you kind users of the virtual realm, grant me this victory so I can maintain control of my post count!

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
The next person who posts admits that he/she is totally stupd.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I admit that with pride, but curse you for causing me to inlfate my post count even more.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Vadon, in terms of post inflation, you are a rank amateur.

This is where the post began

Tatiana
Member # 6776

sheer torture! (look closely)
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont get it [Frown]

MAYAN! I mean MAINE! I mean MINE!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

okay then how about this one?
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Last Post
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.