FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation (Page 59)

This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  129  130  131   
Author Topic: The Last Post Thread, The Next Generation
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Vadon, that's my favorite invisible group picture of all the jatraqueros!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too! =D
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

My hair looks weird, though.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

That's why it's my favorite. [Evil]
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

You would say that. [Smile]
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
What about this guy? doesn't he desrve to win? ... please?

........... [Hat] .........
......... [Dont Know] ............
............ [Roll Eyes] ..............
............ [Smile] ..............
......... [Confused] . [Confused] ..........
......... [Confused] . [Confused] ..........

[ February 14, 2009, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: LargeTuna ]

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
NO!!!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Razz]

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I agree. His belly button has rolley eyes. That's too disturbing. Otherwise he's kinda cute I guess.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oh and it's creepy when his third hand appears from nowhere to doff his hat, as well.
Vadon
Member # 4561

Y'mean it's not natural to have that hand? And all of this time I thought I was normal.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

.......... [Angst] [Angst] ..........
[Angst] [ROFL] [ROFL] [Angst]
.......... [Angst] [Angst] ..........

well if nobody likes my eye rolling belly button 3 handed magical person I'll just stay with random faces!

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

LOL, that works for me too. But Vadon, if there's a hand growing out of your ear, you need to see your doctor.

[ February 15, 2009, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Go see you doctor and ask him to give you a hand. At least then you will have an even number. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

But where would that fourth hand go? And who would supply it?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Other ear, obviously, and it's bionic.
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, better keep your ears warm in the winter time... or else you'll be sporting your very own bionicle. [Wink]
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

dual overhead bionicles!
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Ah, the LP thread! How fondly I love thee!
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Great for increasing your post count. Arguments take so long to write.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

It's much harder to write about nothing than to write about something, though. The LP thread is very challenging, I find.
Vadon
Member # 4561

quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
It's much harder to write about nothing than to write about something, though. The LP thread is very challenging, I find.

Agreed, it's why I haven't commented on the whole hands growing out of various orifices. Nothing funny comes to mind.

Though it's because of the artificially inflated post count of mine that I never wrote a land mark. I honestly think half of my posts are from this thread. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

You are one of the stalwarts among the LPers for sure. LP posts are totally worthy and righteous and fully count as posts. Don't let that keep you from making a landmark.
Vadon
Member # 4561

quote:
You are one of the stalwarts among the LPers for sure. LP posts are totally worthy and righteous and fully count as posts. Don't let that keep you from making a landmark.

Maybe later. Got a lot I could write about, but I would prefer to have some happy stuff in a land mark as well. [Razz]

But my goodness am I nerdy. I think I really might go back through all my old posts in this thread and edit them. I have nothing better to do tonight.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Happy, sad, it's all part of life.
Vadon
Member # 4561

That's true, but when I talk about my life, I tend to like to end on a happy note. So y'all will just have to wait until that time comes!

Or maybe I could play a game with my landmark and include tidbits about my life and where I came from in the edits from past posts I'm doing!

... Nah, I'll actually start a topic for that. Maybe for my 2000th post.

I am, however, having fun editing my old posts. I'm at page 5 now in this thread. [Smile]

(I'm not deleting the content of my original posts because that seems like it would be bad. But I am commentating!)

Oh and, by the way, this is the last post!

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
what's this thread about?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

It's about who gets the last post. Which is me. Because this is the last post. That I am writing. Right now. The incomplete sentences. Ouch.

No where does it say the last post has to be pain-free!

And I've finished commentating on my old posts in this thread via edits for tonight. I stopped somewhere around page 12, so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Strider
Member # 1807

that's interesting. So the whole purpose is to get the last post?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Yes, for example, had your post previous to mine been the last one in the thread, you'd have won.

Unfortunately, you do not win because I have taken the title from you.

Sorry, and I hope you don't play again. [Smile]

Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
What?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I don't get it.
Achilles
Member # 7741

Huh.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Strider, it started ages ago when someone started a thread about how they're always the thread-killer, that every post they make is the last post on a thread. So then it became sort of a competition as to who would have the last post. The competition became so much fun that it perpetuated itself forever.

It's hard to describe the peculiar beauty and joy of the LP thread to those who don't get it. It's impossible to capture in words. You have to just hang around and let the meme infect you, I guess. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Vadon, maybe you should string your landmark out across thousands of posts in the LP thread. That way, anyone who wanted to read it would have to experience a taste of the whole thread.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

If I'm ever here long enough to make a landmark (at this rate it may take me 5 more years or so) Instaed I'm going to make my own last post thread! until then ... [Big Grin]
Achilles
Member # 7741

Hmmm...
Tatiana
Member # 6776

[Big Grin] LargeTuna, don't think you will get the last post in your thread, just because it's yours, okay? Like, where is Khal Drogo today?
Vadon
Member # 4561

That is a very good question. I guess the fight was just too much for Khal. Many have entered this hallowed field in which we wage battle for the last post. Few can survive.

Then again, some just pop up randomly now and then like Derrell. [Smile]

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Strider, it started ages ago when someone started a thread about how they're always the thread-killer, that every post they make is the last post on a thread. So then it became sort of a competition as to who would have the last post. The competition became so much fun that it perpetuated itself forever.

It's hard to describe the peculiar beauty and joy of the LP thread to those who don't get it. It's impossible to capture in words. You have to just hang around and let the meme infect you, I guess. [Smile]

Didn't the first one pretty much break the forum software being used at the time?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Yes, but if I recall correctly, you were still able to sneak in through a variety of methods. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I think it broke when someone (twinky?) posted Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire or something. Wasn't that it? That was something of a coup.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

well as long as nobody breaks this thread I'll be safe *escapes to dude [Cool] peekaboo thread*
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I have returned from hell to get the last post. [Mad]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone's returning from Hell to do anything, it's me.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

The Dude 8) peekaboo post rulz!
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

[Sleep] i could win this in my sleep.. if i believe! [Wink]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Cool, while you're sleeping I'll just tiptoe in and nab the last post.
Vadon
Member # 4561

Woah-hoh-hoh.

This thread hit page 2. Dangerous territory for it. You don't get the win that easily. Tatiana.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Ah, somebody woke you up! I had put out my special sleeping spell for all the LPers, so you wouldn't notice the page slipping away. Probably some mice carried you out of range of that particular field or something. They're always doing stuff like that.
  This topic comprises 131 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  129  130  131   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.