FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hug Thread, v. 3.0 (Page 8)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Hug Thread, v. 3.0
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

(((((Eru)))))

I could use a hug... the show opens tonight, and I've been sick all week, and now have no voice... [Frown]

Not to mention I'm in the middle of midterms. Aaah!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Deep breaths, kiddo! ((((((((((Raia))))))))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((ervue))))))))))
(((((((((raia))))))))) tea. lots of tea. Break a leg.

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) I hope you get better in time for the show! [Eek!] Good luck!
(((((Alcon))))) I got a 1220 the first time. I's pretty good, but it's depressing 'cause I was so sure I did better. I was actually aiming for 30 pts *higher*.
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Space Opera)))))
(((((rivka)))))

Heh, I thought my weekend would get better after the SAT thing. Wrong again. My former best friend continues to treat me like I don't exist, I went to a wedding shower and realised that's the 5th friend of mine getting married and I don't even have a boyfriend, I found out that a guy I knew a few years ago was just killed in a car wreck, and on top of all that I woke up this morning to find out we had no running water (worst day of the year for that to happen).
So yeah, I'm slightly depressed at the moment. [Frown]
But I get to eat lots of pie tomorrow! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Tater)))

How lame am I!? [ROFL]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Eruve))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Eruve)))))))))) Been there on the best friend thing [Frown] , which sucks; as someone who got married one of the first of my classmates -- and one of the only ones to have gotten divorced -- well, don't worry about being in such a hurry; and YAY! for pie! (((((Eruve)))))

Happy Turkey Day, y'all!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

I REALLY need a hug...

(((((T)))))
(((((My family)))))

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Frown] *hugHUGhugHUGhug*
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww Raia..

((((raia))))

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((Raia))))))))))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia)))
(((Raia)))
(((Raia)))

(((Eruve))) 1220 isn't bad. And if your grades are good and you present yourself well in your application (good essay, interview), that should get you in just about anywhere [Smile]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Rivka))))) I'm not in a hurry, but it's one of those things that kinda makes you wonder "what's wrong with me?". But I have enough people flirt with me to almost make up for it. And I *almost* had a date last Friday.
(((((Alcon))))) That is if I actually send in the applications. *looks at watch* less than 24 hours left... [Angst]
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((CalvinMaker)))))
(((((Tater)))))

My grandmother is in the hospital right now. [Frown] Last friday about half of my family (myself included) wasn't feeling so well, and we figured it was something we ate. But my grandmother had been feeling worse and worse, and by Saturday night we had to take her to the emergency room. They ran a bunch of tests, and have been keeping an eye on her, but still aren't sure what it is. They think it's either Gastro entoritis (sp?) or an obstruction. I stayed there with her on Sunday, and it was really tough seeing her in that condition. She's always looked young and healthy for her age. I've never seen her look so terrible. [Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Eruve)))))))))) Gastroenteritis is just the "stomach flu" -- but it can be worrying in older people. Sounds like y'all might have gotten a mild case of food poisoning, and she is feeling it the most. [Frown] Hope she gets better soon! (((((Eruve)))))

As for the other, enjoy the flirting and dating (or almost-dating, as the case may be). Before too long, you'll be an old fogie like me. [Big Grin]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Rivka))))) Actually, we think it's been coming on for a while. She get's stressed out, and complains about her digestive system a lot. She also fell a few months ago and it kept bothering her (she's bad about going to the doctor), and they think that may be related. They put a tube down her nose to pump her stomach, so that's what's giving her the most pain/discomfort right now.

(psst...technically, I'm not allowed to date [Wink] )

rivka
Member # 4859

[Frown] Oy. So it could be that whatever was bother all of y'all caused more serious problems for her because there was already a problem? *sigh* I hope she feels better soon -- at least she's getting treated now, neh?

Technically, eh? [Wink] (((((Eruve)))))

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Need hugs, please... [Frown]
Can't explain right now.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Corwin)))

No explaination needed.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Corwin))))))))))
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Corwin))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

((((((((((Corwin))))))))))
kyrie
Member # 6415

((((((((corwin))))))) [Frown]

This hug thread gets lost easly. The title is not as long as the earlier vertion.

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks all.

((((AvidReader))))
((((rivka))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((Eruve Nandiriel))))
((((kyrie))))

When's the last time you told your parents the bad things about you they didn't really want to know?! I just did, even though the internet connection closed just when I wanted to send the email. I already saved it and was able to send it. I'm in quite a bad situation - school-wise -, all of it due only to me. I could have had no worries should I have chosen that, and I don't really understand why I didn't. Mostly fear, fear of too many things to do... And I'm getting tired of it, and facing it alone. I also wrote them stuff I lied to them about the previous two-three years, mostly because I thought they would not understand me. I've come to realize in the meantime that most of that was stupid from my part, so even if I understand why I acted the way I did, I don't approve it. And I need help, damn it, and I'm usually too scared to ask for it. Not anymore. And if my parents are to help me in anyway, I think they deserve to know who they're helping. I'm tired of lying, covering the truth, whatever. And I'm so relieved to have sent them the e-mail, you can't even imagine!

And yeah, rivka, you should change the threads title back to Need a hug, etc., it's hard to find it.

Edit: "When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am"
This says it all...

[ December 02, 2004, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, that story sounds familiar. I needed some time off. After three years of banking, I'm ready to go back to school. Maybe all you need is some time off to find yourself.

As for the parents, well, that's tougher. I've decided no one is ever as honest with the people they love as they'll tell you you need to be. Especially with parents.

I know how afraid I was of disappointing them. I finally had to decide, it isn't their life. I'm the one who has to be happy with my own decisions. If they love me, eventaully they'll see that what I'm doing is for the best. Even if they hate it. [Big Grin]

(((Corwin))) Hang in there. It will get better, I promise.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

AvidReader:
quote:
I needed some time off.
That's one of the things I said too; last year my only real vacation was the Christmas one, too short, too busy. The school year went from bad to worse, I spent the Easter vacation trying to study, no summer vacation due to the internship, and the day I finished it I took the plane to Canada to start this school year. The school year before that was already bad; and because of another internship I had a 3-weeks summer vacation only. So yeah, I'm really overdue for some good relaxing...

quote:
As for the parents, well, that's tougher. I've decided no one is ever as honest with the people they love as they'll tell you you need to be. Especially with parents.
I know, but I can be quite honest with people if I want to. Call me an anomaly... [Big Grin] I can also lie to them without any remorse, if I decide they can't handle the truth. Good, bad, who cares? But I NEED them. Of all the friends I have, I don't think any of them are actually able to help me, not that they wouldn't try. So yeah, it's me who needs to tell them the truth, I'm not doing it only for them. [Dont Know]
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Corwin)))))))))) Good for you for being honest with your parents -- and more importantly, with yourself! I hope you (with their help) can figure what path will work best for you. Good luck! (((((Corwin)))))

I kinda prefer the current title. When I want to find it, I just do a search on "hug" in the title. Works for me . . . [Dont Know]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe, rivka, no problem really with the title, I know I can search it. [Big Grin]

And my parents answered. I'm still their child, apparently... [Smile] (it's hard not to cry, but in a lab full of people it won't do)

Edit: My brother wrote back too. Funny, sad, ironic, just what I needed! [Big Grin]

[ December 02, 2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Sometimes, family is a really wonderful thing! [Smile]
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
*needs a hug or two if anyone would like to help*

[Frown]

*can't say more right now*

Sorry to have ignored the thread for so long, and then be beggibg for hugs, but i could really use them.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Marek)))) Huh, I kinda did the same thing, no need to be ashamed though! Hope whatever the problem is it will get better.
((((rivka))))
((((AvidReader))))
((((blacwolve))))
((((Eruve))))
((((kyrie))))
((((Raia))))
((((Alcon))))
((((tt&t))))

((((Hatrack))))

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((Breyer)))))))))))))))

I am so sorry about your dad's job. [Cry]

If you need anything just ask.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Marek))))))))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Allegra)))))
((((((((((breyer))))))))))

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Cry]
My job is really at stake at the moment. I just found out the store where I work is on E-Bay. [Frown] And my boss didn't have the decency to tell me! I heard some rumors at work tonight that it might be up for sale, so I checked it as soon as I got home. Sure enough...

[Cry]

Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Eruve)))) even if it is sold, the new owner may still let you keep working there, and even if they don't, there are other jobs.

((((rivka)))) thanks again, i need the hug.

((((Allegra))))

(((((breyer)))))

(((corwin))) thanks man

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Eruve)))
(((Marek)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Moose family)))
(((Corwin)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

((((((((corwin))))))))parents can be just what you need sometimes...
(((((rivka))))))
((((((((marek)))))))) are you ok?? [Frown]
((((((((breyer))))))))im sorry [Frown]
((((((allegra))))))
((((((((eruve))))))))maybe you should start looking around at other options, just in case. But it could end up being just fine.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the hugs, It should be ok, but it's been a hard couple of weeks and having my dad at home upset about losing his job isn't going to help.

(((JT Stryker))) Long week for all of us

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Breyer)))))
(((Kyrie)))
(((Koga)))
(((((Eruve))))))
(((Rivka)))
(((Corwin)))
(((((Marek)))))
((((((((Raia)))))))))

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

(((((Koga)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Kyrie)))))
(((((allegra)))))
(((((bryerchic)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Rivka)))))
(((((Corwin)))))

(((((everybody)))))

I talked to my boss today to find out what was going on. He said that business had been really bad that year, and that it was time for him to give it up. He's trying to sell it, but if that doesn't work, he's closing sometime after christmas. He claims he was going to tell us soon. I can just imagine it..."Merry Christmas! Oh, by the way, don't bother coming into work next week, 'cause...um...the store won't be here...". But I doubt anybody will buy it. When I first found out, my first thought was "Oh no! I won't have a job!" But after thinking about it for a while I realised that I won't have anyplace to hang out, play games, etc, there's a lot of people I've met there that I'll probably never see again...I'll have no life if it closes!!! [Cry]

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((eruve))))))))))
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Corwin))))) [Smile] [Smile]

(((((Shani)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Eruve))))) [Frown]
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Marek))))) I hope things are going better.
(((((breyer)))))
(((((rivka)))))

(((((Jer))))) [Wave]

(((((everyone who wants)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((tt&t)))) [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] (right back at ya, but in a single post...)
((((Eruve))))
((((rivka))))
((((Marek)))) Koga = Marek? [Confused] (hmmm.... almost the same email adress...)
((((kyrie))))
((((Alcon))))
((((Raia))))
((((Derrell))))
((((breyer))))
((((Allegra))))

((((Hatrack))))

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Corwin))))) [Razz] Stupid Hatrack went down at the time I attempted to post that. I blame... you. >_>

Edit: Oh, yes, Marek and Koga are the same person. [Smile]

[ December 05, 2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((tt&t))))
Ain’t no one in here that’s left to blame but me
Blame it on me, blame it on me...
We’re just sugar mice in the rain
[Big Grin]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, I know it's not nice to double post, but I don't want to temper with my previous post and... this thread got to the 5th page!!! Unacceptable! We're probably all happy, but that's not a reason not to give hugs now, is it? [Smile]

(((rivka)))
(((tt&t)))
(((kyrie)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Raia)))
(((Alcon)))
(((breyer)))
(((Allegra)))
(((xnera)))
(((Marek)))
(((Derrell)))

(((You! Yes, you...laddy! (or lassy, actually...)))) [Wink]

Raia
Member # 4700

Can I have a hug? My aunt and uncle and the two cousins that are left came over tonight, as well as my grandfather and great aunt... we lit the third candle together, and had a big festive dinner. But it was so awful... we had long awkward silences where we would just all stare at the candles, whenever someone would crack a family joke (that Tiltan would always respond to), or when we tried to talk about Hanukkah last year (which she was at), etc... it was impossible to enjoy it. Most everyone got along alright, but I sat silently on the couch and stared at the flames, with the tears just streaming down my cheeks. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and I ran off to my room. I sat there crying by myself until my aunt came in the room, and then we sat there together, in complete silence, just crying. Then they left.

But I haven't stopped crying. This is the first time I've had to celebrate something like this without her (when we've been here, that is). I was closest to her out of my immediate family, and my aunt tells me that whenever she suggested to Tiltan that they invite my family over for dinner, she always got really excited, because she and I were very close. Even if she had plans with her friends (which she wouldn't cancel for anyone else, except for a few people), she wouldn't give up on getting together with us. And something like this, candle-lighting at Hanukkah, all together... that's not something she would have easily said no to.

I try so hard to move on, to try and think of other things, but it's impossible, everything keeps reminding me of her. That and I keep finding myself in situations where I think "Tiltan would really have loved this." My sister and I even made a menorah in the shape of eight baby ducklings and a mother duck for the shamash, and I started crying when we were finished because Tiltan always did this Donald Duck impression, and my sister would always ask her to do it again and again, because it was so good. I know, it's a silly thing to be upset about, or even to remember, but...

Sorry, forgive me for rambling. I just... can I have a hug? [Cry]

Derrell
Member # 6062

(((((Raia)))))
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow it's been forever since I've been here!

((((((((((((HUGS FOR EVERYONE!))))))))))))

((((((Raia))))))
Dear, dear, how we miss you. Surely, you are in our thoughts and prayers. BE STRONG! [Smile]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow it's been forever since I've been here!

((((((((((((HUGS FOR EVERYONE!))))))))))))

((((((Raia))))))
Dear, dear, how we miss you. Surely, you are in our thoughts and prayers. BE STRONG! [Smile]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

((Raia))

I hate to be the one to suggest it, but have you thought about seeing the doctor? It may be time for some SSRIs. Being sad is normal. Being so sad you can't get through your day because it's been taken over by feelings of despair is a bad thing. But it's fixable.

I know. I was on Paxil for a few months after my boyfriend and I broke up. (They claim you need to be on it for a year for it to work, but my script ran out after three months. The refill didn't get called in until I'd been off the meds several days, and I was fine. [Dont Know] )

I was sick for a while on it. I had terrible insomnia and had to get sleeping pills for the first couple weeks. But I could look at my problem and come to terms with it. And that's something I couldn't do on my own.

Think about it. ((Raia))

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.