FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 2)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations, Bob! chiclets have permanently glued together all previously discabobulated parts of the universe - unfortunately, there is no known way of unsticking anything.

I wish I had a lollipop.(and that I could type faster)

[ September 27, 2004, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Idem: Granted, unfortunately people are always killing each other and blaming it on you.

I wish I could write a best selling diet book.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Angry hungry people force feed the book to you on National TV.

I wish I had no body hair.

[ September 27, 2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really have a problem with tha, actually!
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted! Unfortunately, you lose all your skin as well.

I wish I could find true love.

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

You marry you true love, only to meet your TRUE LOVE on the honeymoon.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, you have just published the best selling diet book, but three years later it turns out that in fact, the diet you reccomend also shrinks the kidneys into unusable raisins. You, as a user of your own diet, die taking half of the USA with you.

Bob, you have no body hair. Too bad about that gorgeous woman you just met whose only stipulation for making love to a man is that he must be very very hairy.

I wish I my boss would die of heart failure.

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You find true love in a magazine. From 1947.

Your boss is driving you to a meeting at the time.

I wish politicians told the truth all the time.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

Politicians always tell the truth, leading to a massive failure of government, rioting, and anarchy. (I honestly believe that would happen, to be frank.)

I wish I were immune to all harmful diseases.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

You get ALL the non-harmful diseases.

I wish they would name a street after me.

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Crime and prostitution abound on Bob Scopatz Lane.

I wish I could punch through brick walls as a party trick. EDIT: and then all the ladies would be all up ons.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

Can you name a non-harmful disease?
pooka
Member # 5003

Delilah, at any rate, is all up ons.

I wish I could learn foreign language vocabulary by taking a pill.

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted, but at the loss of your native tounge.

I wish I could solve this cursed rubiks cube!

[ September 28, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

You do, but your raucous celebration over such an irrelevent vistory alerts everyone in the room to your spectacular nerdulations.

I wish I could uplink my brain to the internet, like JC Denton from Deus Ex.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Unfortunately, you contracted a virus, and you now spew ads for penis enlargement 24 hours a day!

I wish that could shoot fireballs from my hand, like Ryu from Street Fighter.

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Wish granted, but your hand will catch fire each time, going your clothes destroying them; only to publicily humiliate you upon each use.

I wish that others' wishes were granted as they want them.

(twist that)

[ September 28, 2004, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Thousands of men and women die from inability to circulate blood efficiently due to monstrously oversized phalluses and breasts. You are forced to spend your life with self-centered, egotistical jerks.

Sure wish I could move super speedy fast.

pooka
Member # 5003

You are Idem's boss.

Book: your feet get super speedy sore.

I wish to play the piano like Vladimir Horowitz.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Book
Member # 5500

I agree, that would be nice. However after five years of overusing your gift you wind up with a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome and aare unable to type and post on hatrack, forever denying us your clever company.

Man, I dunno. Wolverine's power, how about that. That'd be nice.

Vadon
Member # 4561

Edit, to make book happy ^_^, He is able to heal, but from lack of saying how much he heals, he can only heal his left eyebrow.

I wish robots that obeyed me would rule the world

[ September 28, 2004, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Book
Member # 5500

No, see, the correct way to twist it back on me is to say that I horribly break my leg and the tissue around it heals up immediately, freezing the shattered bone in place.

Pretty sure healing anything can heal a blood infection, too.

pooka
Member # 5003

Vadon: Unfortunately, since you don't know how to make chocolate this cyber-utopia has no chocolate.

Book, you have a blood infection? Yeah, Wolverine could even keep from being affected by tranquilizers. At least in the movie.

I wish butter were a vegetable.

Book
Member # 5500

Carb counters consequently lose one of their staples and become very crabby, causing a 27% increase in murder and, surprisingly, a 63% rise in rape.

I wish for once I could have dinner with a celebrity who wasn't bound and gagged.

[ September 28, 2004, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

pooka
Member # 5003

You have dinner with Christopher Walken, who insists on you being bound and gagged.

I wish I could get a full night's sleep in under 7 hours.

narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. You can now get a full night's rest in 4 hours. Unfortunately, you are unable to sleep more than that, and you develop acute noctiphobia.

I wish I could see a much wider section of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

You can finally see the horrific monsters that hide in the shadows and the light, feeding on your sorrow and anguish. Congrats.

Sure wish parts of me weren't chapped.

narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I ain't touching that one with a 10 foot pole. And I'm going to bed.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I guess.... I win?
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
*uses 11 foot pole*

Chapped parts have been removed.

I wish for more free wishes.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You get them, but use them wishing for wishes until you forget to eat and starve to death.

I wish I had some chocolate.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Book: Any and all chapped parts have been amputated. Have a nice day.

Ketchupqueen: You have mounds and mounds of the finest dark chocolate. Laced with cyanide.

I want to be blissfully happy forever.

[ September 28, 2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted
*pat pat, here is a doggy biscuit*

I wish to always make the morally correct decision.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Gilded copies of the following books appear on your bookshelf.

The Holy Bible
The Book of Mormon
Ethics for the New Millennium: His Holiness the Dalai Lama
The Book of Jewish Values: A Day-By-Day Guide to Ethical Living
Cyberethics: Social & Moral Issues in the Computer Age

I wish I could eat yummy meals everyday without gaining an ounce of weight.

*edited because my first wish was impossible without divine intervention*

[ September 28, 2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. The massive tape worm in your stomach robs you of all nutrients, regardless of how much you eat. You waste away, and eventually die of starvation.

I wish to attain enlightenment.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
You are immediately enlightened, you transcend and attain Nirvana.

Unfortunately Kurt Cobain is no longer with us, so you obtain Courtney Love instead. This immediately counteracts your initial enlightenment.

I wish to be parasite free.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

Wonderful. You are completely parasite free. You no longer have a single parasite, not even the beneficial ones that aid in digestion. You have an eternal case of the runs.

I wish I were TomDavidson.

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
If someone wishes something evil and destructive for themselves, should we twist it into being positive or what?

Hobbes [Smile]

[ September 28, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

:: poof! ::

You are now Tom Davidson. Unfortunately, not five minutes ago The Pixiest decided that you had to be taken out, and even as we speak she is contracting the job out to a radical right wing militia group in your area.

I wish for a lifetime of good health.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You get your wish. [Razz]
This was much funnier before Noemon posted...

Noemon, you have a lifetime of perfect health. Your new lifespan is 30 seconds.

[ September 28, 2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

There are radical right wing militia groups in East Texas? [Eek!]

Dag, you didn't post a wish, So I will post another one.

I wish I had spent the last four years building up an immunity to iocaine powder.

Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, run that by me again. What's iocaine? (Dictionary.com doesn't know either.)
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

Iocaine comes exclusively from Australia! And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, as everyone knows. And criminals are used to people not trusting them as you are are not trusted by me so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!

You have a dizzying intellect.

Wait till I get going!... Where was I.

Australia.

Ah yes. And you must have suspected I would know the powders origin. You would have counted on it! So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
(argument continues)
You've made your choice?

Yes. Let's drink. I from my glass, and you from yours. (they drink)

(smirks)You guessed wrong

You only think I guessed wrong, that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only SLIGHTLY less well known is this. NEVER go in against a sicilian, when DEATH is on the line! Ahahahahahahah Ahahahahahahah Ha Ha HA... (dies)

Princess Buttercup: And to think all this time it was your cup that was poisoned.

Who can finish this quote?

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

The Princess Bride

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wish is granted, but when the test of wits comes it involves almond cookies and cyanide instead.

I wish I had infallible gaydar.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

You do. Now you know eery single person in your life who is living a lie. You know every public figure who has a secret. You know every politician whose career you could end with a phone call. Now you will be tempted. You will live a life conflicted by whether or not to resort to blackmail. If you ever do, you will end up being killed by your target. If you don't, you will always, always be tempted. Enjoy your living hell, my friend.

I wish I had the complete Black Adder box set.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You now own the entire run of Black Adder. On Betamax. Good luck finding something to play it on. If you manage it, you'll discover that the whole thing is a pirated version of the series, dubbed in Cantonese.

I wish to know what the consensus of future generations will be on the events going on in the present.

[ September 28, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. Although everyone looks back on the events of these years with fond remembrance, you discover everyone in the future hates you and your birthday is a day of mourning on which everyone wears black. You immediately commit suicide.

I still wish I had a million dollars

[ September 28, 2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Teshi, you have a million dollars, and three million friends, family, and large muscular men who all want a donation.

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

"Welcome to the land of cotton, Dan_Raven" says your overseer, flicking his whip in your direction. "You'll be clearing half of this field before you'll be be given lunch."

I wish I'd gotten to reply to Teshi's "million dollar" wish.

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.