FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 29)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED! your house burns down, taking your old newspaper with it, and to prevent further pile up, any paper you touch, including money bursts into flame.

I wish I never needed sleep.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You are dead. No need to sleep one bit.

I wish I had an army of nanobots under my control.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! Unfortunately none of them have any legs or arms, so basically they are just very high tech dust which is at your command, and has microscopic blinking lights. It is a vast army, this will lead to a lot of sweeping.

I wish I could move things with my mind.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted, but unfortunately the "things" you can move are neurons.

I wish I had unlimited resources.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You are crushed under the weight of your resources, somewhere between your limitless iron ore and paper.

I wish my cat could dance a jig.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! Your cat -can- dance a jig...but chooses not to.

I wish I didn't need glasses.

Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! you are completely blind, but not the kind that seems to require sunglasses.

I wish I could win the lottery.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You can! (But won't)

I wish had a pickle and a flashlight.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Wish granted! Everything you own is gone, your car, your cloths, everything...except one kosher dill and a mag-light.

I wish that I had replicator like STNG.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You are sadly allergic to even minute traces of Earl Grey.

I wish I could include carbs in my diet without instantly gaining weight.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! Simply mix any carbs you wish to eat with raw sewage and you will very quickly loose weight from vomiting and/or the trots.

I wish it wasn't so bloody hot!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You find yourself suddenly included with this year's Antarctica meteor-finding trip. Too bad you didn't have time to pack. See you in two months! (And you'll probably thaw out just in time for next summer.)

I wish I had a higher-paying job, without working more hours than I already do.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, you now make twenty-cents an hour more and the co-worker who stares at you when you aren't looking but doesn't stop when you notice is now your immediate supervisor. You now share a work space.

I wish the two Monkey's Paw threads were one.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! they magically fuse into one thread, but all the other threads become part of it too, so you are completely unable to avoid any subject, no matter how dumb the show is they are discussing or how repetitive the political arguments are, etc.

I wish I were royalty. "Lord Marek" has a nice ring to it

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! You are now King of the physiological ward. All hail Lord Marek, and his bedpan crown!

I wish a I had a 1986 Transam, black, v8, t-tops, perfect condition!

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You have that car. But your neighbour now has a 1982 Trans Am with artificial intelligence and the ability to voice its thoughts; it continuously disses you and your car.

I wish I could find new house with ample room for all my stuff, in a convenient location for commuting, with a low rent.

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! Unfortunately someone rents it while you are trying to get reception on your cell to call the realtor.

I wish I had the budget to design and build my own house.

AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You have the budget, and you also have cancer. Chemo is expensive.

I wish I had never seen World's Greatest Dad, while the movie was great the end showed me something I never wanted to see.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I call foul! Getting cancer isn't an "evil twist", it's just plain unrelated and unfortunate.

Granted! You were never born, therefore, you never saw World's Greatest Dad. Easy peasy.

I wish poop smelled like fresh roses.

happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! All poop smells like fresh roses thereby giving no one obvious incentive to observe proper sanitation and the human race is wiped out through disease.

I wish I could find another audiobook to listen to.

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marie
Member # 12686

- posted      Profile for Marie           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Unfortunately, the audiobook you found is this. You paid $100,000 to listen to children's Bible stories...

I wish cockroaches couldn't run so fast

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! Now they can fly!

I wish I had a lifetime supply of Oreo cookies.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Here's 5 boxes. We'll miss you, man.

I wish I weren't so tired.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! You take a nice long nap, though most people would call it a fifteen year coma, but hey after it you are well rested, by the way, watch out for the alien overlords, they are not big fans of people who have yet to be trained.

I wish I could buy one video game system, that could could play every video game.

Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! In this DIY shop, you 'could' buy the parts for mere 10 000$! But then, the game system only 'could' play it, so you got to figure it out for yourself.

I wish my wife didn't cheat on me.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Granted! instead of destroying your relationship via infidelity, she stays married to you until you die lonely tortured and absolutely unsupported.

I wish that a paternity test would prove Paul Ryan to be the illegitimate son of Mitt Romney.

Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! it is subsequently proven that President Obama is Romney's son from when he was 13 and knocked up his teacher, and that Romney is Ron Paul's son from when he he was 13 and knocked up his teacher. Also Romney wins, using the this as a new gimmick for his campaign.

I wish I had a real world Iron man suit.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! But without Tony Stark's power source, you have a two ton paperweight.

I wish I won the Mega Millions jackpot!

Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! Of course it turns out to win you had to buy an illegal ticket, and get arrested for fixing the lottery, have fun in jail!

I wish the green lantern movie was better

AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Granted! You are now either Ryan Reynolds or Blake Lively, and you can see how fantastic Green Lantern really was.

I wish they didn't remove the Joe Poturno statue, but instead altered it so it was looking the other way.

Marek
Member # 5404

Granted! they make the Statue turn to look the other way, continuously, and it turns so fast, that no one can tell who it is, or even that it is a person. So the joke is ruined.

I wish I could get paid for wasting time online.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Granted! But so is everyone else, the economy fails utterly and society as we know it falls into barbarism.

I wish my knees and ankles didn't pop alarmingly as I went up stairs.

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Granted! Now your knees snap and your ankles crackle.

I wish moving into a new house did not take so much time.

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Granted! Your new house is more like a walk-in closet on a plot of land. But you prefer your living room set on the lawn anyway don't you?

I wish that eating delicious food didn't make me fat.

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You can no longer absorb any nutrients from food. Eat all you want!

I wish I could remember who I was 10 years ago.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Go to page 855 of this forum. You were a Jatraquero. You are still a Jatraquero. You will probably still be a Jatraquero for the foreseeable future. Congrats.

I wish I could find more friends.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Granted. You are now stuck in a purple dinosaur suit. This will get you lots of friends, but you will perish from heat exhaustion before you can fully explore these friendships.

I wish this ache in my right shoulder was gone.

[ May 16, 2014, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Y ]

Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
After the surgery to replace your shoulder, you are relieved to find that it is entirely free of pain. The new shoulder is the first FDA approved cybernetic shoulder replacement, and in almost every way it's better than the biological original--stronger, more durable, even, dare I say...sexier. Unfortunately, the NSA built a backdoor into the software that facilitates the brain/machine interface, and clever hackers have found their way in through it, and can (and often do) now take control of your shoulder anytime you're within range of a wifi signal. It is now sadly common for your first dates to end with your horrified prospective partner shouting "you're hitting yourself! Why do you keep hitting yourself" as hackers jerk your shoulder in such a way as to bring your hand slamming into you face, neck, and chest. You cannot drive for fear of hackers forcing you to wreck, and using cutlery in your right hand is simply a terrifying prospect.

[Edit - forgot my wish. Hmmm...I wish that Hatrack were running the most recent stable version of SMF rather than the antiquated UBB software it's currently making use of]

[ May 15, 2014, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Jake ]

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but now you have to log in with Facebook.

I wish that humanity will visit other planets in my lifetime.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Granted! The first and only planet we can reach is surprisingly like our own. The only notable difference is that the location of Finland on a map is more commonly known by North Americans.

I wish my new job goes well, I start Monday.

Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, your job goes sooooo well, on Tuesday they decide to give it to someone more more deserving.

I wish the rest of the Hobbit Movies were playing today.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Granted, in fact all movies playing from now on are about hobbits. Really looking forward to Avengers 2, age of hobbits.

I wish I'd win a Nobel prize in math.

Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Granted, you prove the Riemann hypothesis. But the stress gets to you and you suffer a nervous breakdown and end up taking your own life. The Nobel prize is awarded posthumously.

I wish I my hair grew faster.

RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Your armpit hair grows down to your elbows. Gross!

I wish I could drink a chocolate milkshake.

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

You are physically able to drink a chocolate milkshake, but its a 40 gallon milkshake with a weird after taste.

I wish there was a sequel to Unbreakable.

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, it's called Broken. Everyone dies.

I wish the sun didn't set so early. (4:15 is way too early)

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, the sun doesn't set at all and you live in perpetual daylight.

I wish we will get two competent, intelligent US presidential candidates to choose between next year.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

Granted. There are two equally competent and charismatic candidates for the 2016 elections. They are however so equally matched, that the country is totally divided and by some fluke the electoral votes for each each candidate total 269. It is a stalemate and since none of the voters is going to change their mind about their preferred candidate (the candidate in question being so perfectly qualified)... civil war ensues.

I wish that the computer/network at my job did not have so many performance issues.

RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You develop a pill that increases hard drive performance. (Be careful if it lasts for over four hours.) But unfortunately, your computer leaves you and your job for a better, younger, user.

I wish I didn't have so much stuff to do.

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish granted! You have literally nothing to do. Not even breathing. You do not exist.

I wish this forum would become more active again.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.