FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 17)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
What's with all these people pointing out small errors in people's typing? Just let it go.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
what if I dont want to let go eh? Eh? Eh?
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Then you're a grammar nazi, that's what !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Nazi! Are you calling me a nazi! fascist pig!
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense that you call me a pig as if you were insulting me. I know of some very respectful pigs, thankyouverymuch !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
As a pig, I find your statement insulting. Bah! Phrases like "some of my best friends are pigs" just shows inner bigotry! Why must they have YOUR approval to be considered respectful?!?!
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that the pig card was played here. We don't need ad porkinem attacks.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont understand how one could even consider making a name such as "Morbo," where 2/5 of the characters are vowels. The alphabet, which has 26 characters total, only has 5 vowels. Therefore only less than 1/5 should be a vowel, and distinct ones at that. Morbo has over double this expected ratio.

It's names like yours that make me want to get more invovled in vowel rights movements. I hope you're happy. [Mad]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I'm amusingly offended that you don't know that vowels have a higher probability of use in any given word than consonants, so a 5/26 ratio is never obtained, on average. . . besides, your name has a 1/2 ratio. Are you going to boycott your own name?

Fght th pwr!

[ June 12, 2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]

The nerve of you heathens, carrying on this thread without me.

Edited because I'm so upset, I picked the wrong Graemlin!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you edit your post to change the Graemlin! It was much more amusing before, and now you've ruined it!

[Mad]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
So me being an idiot and posting the wrong Graemlin is entertaining to you?

Is that right? I have to appear stupid in order for you to get joy out of my posts?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you not understand Boons post? Of course its entertaining to him! And how do you expect us to answer you when you ask so many questions?!
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

I'm a slight bit offended by that last post by Hamson for absolutely no reason.
Morbo
Member # 5309

I'm very offended that you phoned in such a lame post, kai...unless you actually have dial-up, in which case you have my sympathy.
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathy for dial-up? What's wrong with it, I'd like to know? I am a firm supporter/user, thanks very much, and to refer to it in such a manner is quite offending.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
dial-up is gay. I hate it, only broadband and wireless is acceptible.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
When the only form of "acceptance" is acceptibiliy, you've chosen the wrong service!

*and I never know where to put the "i"s and "a"s in those multislambolical werds*

Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Who are you, alluvion, to tell anyone whether or not they've chosen the wrong service? HUH?
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Why in God's name do you put a toilet at the end of your name? I take offence as a Hatracker for being even remotely associated with toilet-pretentious individual!
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

toilet? [Confused]
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with toilets? I do some of my best thinking there and find it offensive that you have a problem with the throne.
Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you compare a toilet with a throne. A true throne is a highly respected symbol of a monarch's authority, while a toilet is a crap bowl.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I am offended that anyone is still a monarchist toady in this day and age. Monarchs and their thrones have rightly been relegated to the dung heap of history, so I applaud Dr. Evil's crapper nomenclature.
Viva la revolucion!

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job. Reminding me of Monarch Butterflys, and how SO MANY of them are killed, just for their furry pelts. Now I have to go off in a corner and cry *runs away*.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I'm offended at the lot of you. I go off for a couple of weeks, and you let this thread die? Must I bear the burden of huffy curmudgeondom for us all? [Mad] [Grumble] [Confused] [Wall Bash]
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot believe you Morbo. First you go off for a couple of weeks and act like it's our fault.
Then you use my own personal Graemlin. The [Confused] is mine. If you look real hard there's a copyright in their, and it's all mine. It goes with the name you see.

? [Confused]

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Copyright? [Confused] We don't need no stinkin' copyright! [Mad] [Confused] [Dont Know]
quote:
there's a copyright in their
[Confused] I am always offended by there/their errors.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended at your stupid arrangement of graemlins.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
What??? How can you even say that! I thought that was one of the best arrangements of graemlins I've ever seen. Furthermore, the compulsion to arrange graemlins is a legitimate condition acknowledged by the medical community at large, and there are several experimental drugs being made *right now* to treat it.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Im offended that you take offense so mildly. You should be screaming, yelling, throwing objects, etc. Instead you delve into the world of academia!
TL
Member # 8124

And just what, may I ask, is wrong with the world of academia?! BAH!!

*breaks all the dishes in the house*

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you forgot an apostrophy, and spelled "Im", where the contraction should have been marked!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, it's offensive to myself, this thread, and the taking offense game that you took offense to the post 2 before your own instead of the one right before your own.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Do you really need to sign your name at the end of each post. Does the bold "Enigmatic" on the left of your post not suffice to let the reader know who it is posting? ARE YOU EVER HAPPY??!!
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to take offense in the most predictable way possible; that's so typically mainstream. I just knew some unimaginative soulless corporate drone would go for the signature thing.

--Enigmatic
(the last bit gives me the giggles, though)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citadel
Member # 8367

- posted      Profile for citadel   Email citadel         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you have to go critizing someone's imaginaton?!?!? And what's wrong with being a coporate drone? Somebody's gotta get the work done around here! What a punk! You should be drawn and quartered!
Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

Uh ... *ahem* Have I gone mad, or did you just use the word "punk" as an insult?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Periods, asterisks, commas, quotations, and a question mark? Why don't you keep the punctuation simple for us here who don't want to consult a book of grammar when reading your posts?!
TL
Member # 8124

Why should I cater to the lowest common denominator? Besides, my grammar isn't even good.
TL
Member # 8124

[Mad]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense with your implication that people who are red in the face are also ill-dispositioned. My lovely little boy, who has the sweetest disposition in the world, is red-faced because he spent too much time in the sun without reapplying his sunscreen. Are you saying that he is foul-tempered and prone to angry outbursts?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

I take offense at your indication that being foul-tempered and prone to angry outbursts is a *negative* trait. Look at Ernest Hemingway, Richard Nixon, and George Carlin. All great men with foul mouths.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense at your choices to illustrate the concept of great men.

Ignacz Semmelwiess. Now THERE was a great man.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense at your implied sexism. Why are we all so focused on great MEN??

Read your Adrienne Rich! "The knife that was in my back I thrust in yours/ ma soer, ma semable!"

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk of knifing each other in the back has just made me so angry I couldn't eve post for two and a half months! I'm cut to the quick!

And deeply offended, of course.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you blame your inability to post on others. Take responsibility for your actions!

And while you're at it, take responsibility for your being offended!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended at your passive-aggressive refusal to communicate your feelings for two and a half months! What, are we supposed to just walk on eggshells around you? It's just YOU YOU YOU! Well, I can't take it anymore!!!!
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I'm offended that you blame your inability to post on others. Take responsibility for your actions!

And while you're at it, take responsibility for your being offended!

And I'm offended that you cut into my being offended at Bob! How dare you! Now I'm offended at you, too!
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that the topic so quickly strayed away from me!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.