FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 18)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm offended that someone bumped this thread back to the first page! Sheesh!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Why on earth would you have a problem with that? You're a bump-hater, aren't you? My gosh, you offend me.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
And why does it have to be "on earth", I ask you? What's wrong with the other planets? Are you some kind of terracentric racist?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the matter with you? I have Earth pride, you got a problem with that? Don't you have any love for your planet? I'm highly offended, sir!
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
You really have to be a little-thinker, to be proud of the Earth... Any reasonable being is proud of his entire galaxy!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh galaxy, scmalaxy! It's not enought that you don't love the Earth, but you want us to praise something that's mostly empty space and dust! Now that's truly offensive.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
HOW DARE YOU spell schmalaxy without the HAITCH??? I am totally offended by your treatment of our beautiful language. You, sir, are a disgrace to the keyboard!
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
HAITCH? And triple question marks? Wow, where do I start? I haven't been so offended since earlier on this page.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

From Terry Pratchett's Monstruous regiment : "It may be empty space and dust, but it's our empty space and dust, and you have to be proud of it!"
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
*is offended that Anna misspelled Monstrous and didn't capitalize Regiment*
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

*is offended that someone dares critic her English, especially since she's sure her French is better than anyone's here (except Choobak)*
Treason
Member # 7587

*is offended that Anna speaks French. What's wrong with English?
What, you think you're better than me?!

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

<coughcritiquecough>
I'm just incensed that you would equate Anna's being better than you to the mere fact that she speaks French. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons we could discuss if you'd only allow us. Smartypants.

Treason
Member # 7587

Treason allows no talkers. Be quiet, you! I am very offended that you coughed at me. How dare you!?
*puts on a very offended face*
Humph!

Edited for typo

Treason
Member # 7587

I am so offended by that typo. Don't my fingers know what I want of them? Stupid fingers, stop offending me!
I'm also offended by the fact that it's 5:22 am and I'm still awake.

Anna
Member # 2582

Well, what's wrong with French? If Joan of Arc hadn't beaten the English you would all speak French, because the King wouldn't have chosen to speak the countrymen language...
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
What about the contributions of the Germans? Are you speaking a Romance language? No, you're speaking a Germanic one. Do the Germans get any respect? Nooooo...
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
So what's wrong with romance? Are we expected to all be cloistered monks? Sheesh! Turning a remark about language into a potshot at lovers.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
That was said as though cloistered monks had no notion of romance whatsoever! Very offensive, such generalization.
Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
You gots a problem w/ generalizations now? Well I generally have a problem w/ ppl who can't handle a good generalizations.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
You have got to be sh***ing me, SW. That post made NO MENTION whatsoever about how awesome elephants are. They have cool tusks, big floppy ears, awesome trunks, and large round bellies... none of which were mentioned in your post even ONE TIME. I expect you to be more respectful in your future posts. ARE. WE. CLEAR????

When it comes to horrible people, you sir are beyond the pale.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Me? Me? I am very pale, I'll have you kno! The sheer unmitigated gall! To bring up my pigmentation when clearly it has NOTHING to do w/ elephants!

Some people!

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.