FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 16)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
that is so redundant - c'mon

*throws page-turning party*

[Party]

[ April 04, 2005, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
You throw a *party* every time you turn a page?? No wonder you're not well-read. [Razz]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, some people enjoy having a positive outlook on life. It's too bad you feel the need to suck the joy out of it.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with parties? They give some people reason to live. Some people live for parties, drugs, sex, and/or miscellanous. [Mad] Oh and the thing about emotion....smilies are the best way to do anything, so there! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

And apparently some other people are unfamiliar with the basic rules of the game.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Whats wrong with not knowing stuff? I love being ignorant! [Mad]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

That "insult" was not.

Was it supposed to be a joke? Cause, if it was, you really need to work on your delivery.

mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
How offensive! You assume that you make the standard by which insults are judged!
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm really offended that no person was offended by what I said.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

mimsie, I looked at it and was like meh [Dont Know]
I couldn't think of anything funny to pick on.

If it's rote offense you want phoned in: Mimsie, I am SO offended that you had the nerve to _____! How dare you ____ and ________! You are a _____!

And, I'm offended by your repeat offense of pouting. [Razz]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended that you misspelled my name.
Morbo
Member # 5309

mimsies, I'm offended that you killed the thread.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, im disappointed in your terminology. I hope that threads don't "die". I'd like to think that if it not posted on for a length of time, it is not lost but stored happily with all the other abandoned threads in eternal bliss.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swede
Member # 7560

- posted      Profile for Swede   Email Swede         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on! Don't take everything so seriuosly! Did you really think he meant the thread died?
Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Well PARDON ME for believing what other people say. Jeez.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Wow. You're just unbelievably gullible, aren't you?
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended that people keep derailing to insulting each other instead of taking offense.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Well it just happens that derailing threads is something we like to do here. You gotta problem with that, "mimsies"?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean "we" like to derail threads? Do you think we elected you to represent the general opinion of hatrack?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

It's a lovely day today.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
And what's wrong with lovely nights? Hmmm?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrAbraham
Member # 8026

- posted      Profile for DrAbraham   Email DrAbraham         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I WORK during nights, that's never a lovely or pleasant thing to endure. Just because you're lazy and stay home and sleep during them... bah!
Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Doc, I work nights AND days, my sked is random. I'm offended by your tireder-than-thou attitude. [Grumble] [Wall Bash] [Sleep]
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, your use of three animated smileys is despicable! Show some respect for the ASCII for once!
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I must protest to the constant use of acronyms on this board. Why can't people just write out the words?!
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Must you use exclamation marks so carelessly? You just strew them about for no good reason!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I'm saddened by that weak attempt at ironic criticism, quid.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really pissed off at the way you spoke to a person with a Latin pseudonym. SHAME on you!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm shocked and dismayed by your heaping of shame upon a fellow human over the pseudonymous use of Latin. (Besides, it's all Greek to me.)
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, can't you keep your annoying puns in the Pun Smackdown thread! It is so annoying when people try to be funny in a thread about ofeense being taken.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, don't your think your name is a little too overused with the English Monarchy still partly functional? I mean - come on! I'm offended that a Hatracker would like the first pseudoassociation with her to be the English Monarchy!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you ignored my spelling of "offense."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I am offended that you disrespect my spelling of the word - "offence".
Morbo
Member # 5309

I am offended about the quibbling, passive-aggressive defensiveness about the spelling of "offense". Honestly, who really cares? [Sleep]
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

What the blimey is wrong with having error free sentences?
Morbo
Member # 5309

Nothing. And "error-free" needs a hyphen, so I'm offended.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
God Morbo!! Wtfreak is wrong with you?! Its just a freakin hyphen, why don't you just let it go?!
[Mad]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Hyphen this!! [Mad]
*shakes fist*

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

You guys aren't very good at taking offense to things.
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys? How can you suddenly presume that every reader of this thread has to be male? I'm offended that there's no consideration for the other sex in your post. "You guys and girls" would be more appropriate!
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
could you possibly refrain from typing meaningless gibberish in all caps?!?!?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Why on earth do you feel the need to use multiple punctuation marks? A single question mark would have gotten your point across just fine. My Senior English teacher once marked points off because I did that, and I have yet to get over the trauma. Thanks so much for bringing back that painful memory.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Life sucks. Get a helmet.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I feel all belittled.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's just what we need, another Hatracker feeling sorry for himself.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't appreciate your sarcasm on this matter, you know.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

I am, in fact, a her and not a him. CRash, you could've corrected Valentine014 on this matter rather than using your post for some unimportant and facetious criticism.
Morbo
Member # 5309

Star, this is the "take offense" thread game, not the "PC, boring gender correctness" thread game. CRAsh's offense-taking was just fine.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I am offended that you disrespected the "take offense" thread by not spelling it with capitalisation.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.