FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 15)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? So why did colonization of the WEST coats FOLLOW colonization of the EAST? [Razz]
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that whoever the ghost bumper was.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
I am truly peeved by sentence fragments.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you don't like Lisa's robot, Linguo

[ March 25, 2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Gumby ]

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you don't end your sentences with periods.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended by your purist attitude towards punctuation.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I beg your pardon?! Ending your sentence with punctuation is something of dignity, correct usage, and not making yourself seem like a fool. BESIDES, punctuation is an aid for the other to decipher what you mean. I read Gemarra and punctuation is a necessity!

So why can't you accept that?! If you don't want people to understand, DON'T WRITE! Lack of punctuation is a form of encrypting your posts, which is NOT the purpose of this forum. GO ON! LEAVE IT!

JH (successful?)

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended by your longwindedness and your ranting.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offence at the fact that you took offence.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended that you took my offense as a simple fact, rather than the multidimensional cry for compassion and understanding that it was.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

What kind of lunatic disguises compassion with taking offense?
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so now you get to decide who is a lunatic?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Here we are, tossing about the word lunatic as if it were 1956. Can't you be a little more sensitive?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

You can't toss around words! They're intangible!
definitelynotvichysoisse
Member # 7559

- posted      Profile for definitelynotvichysoisse   Email definitelynotvichysoisse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll toss any word I feel like tossing. Get your nose out of my game of word baseball.
Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
And here you are assuming that Annie has a nose. What if she didn't? Would you NOT be offended, thereby discriminating against the noseless population?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

And now I'm TOTALLY offended that no one is offended by me. *pouts*
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe so you would be so vain as to believe that someone would actually take offense at something so ridiculous.
I'm offended.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you resort to pouting for attention. That's what the political threads are for.

[ March 31, 2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

Pouting is a perfectly reasonable way to express one's disappointment! It's better that screaming and throwing things. I am offended..
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

I am offended that you voice your opinion that pouting is better than screaming as a fact. When in actuality, many people prefer to scream.
Morbo
Member # 5309

I am offended that a screamer is defending me against a pouter. I feel like I wandered into a "Survivor" episode...
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended that you imply I resemble anyone in that weird show.
Narnia
Member # 1071

That last little exchange made me laugh out loud. I didn't WANT to laugh out loud. I'm offended.
mimsies
Member # 7418

Laughter is the breath of life, how offensive that you reject it out of hand!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it offensive that you use "out of hand," so casually. You should use the phrase sparingly rather than wasting the emotion. Its like a good a good pizza, you don't waste pizza. You eat it slowly releshing the crisp flavor.

[ April 01, 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I'm offended that you assume that pizza should be relished. I personally find the idea of pickles on pizza to be revolting!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

What is wrong with pickles? I'm offended that you have a problem with the fruit of the Lord. Have you ever tried a pickel, hmm? Or are you just assuming that pickles aren't the most wonderful thing in the unknown and known universes?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

I am TERRIBLY offended that

1. you assume I haven't tried pickes, because of course i have
and
2. I don't LIKE pickles. I like them in tuna salad and egg salad and on Turkey and Ham sandwiches, just not on PIZZA!

I don't like dill pickles but do like sweet pickles and bread and butter pickles.

You accusation was arrogant and a mischaracterization of me! *pthblblblblt!*

pickles aren't a fruit.

[ April 01, 2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: mimsies ]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm offended that you accuse me of being arrogant. I am, indeed, a very caring person. Very similar, in my own way, to the Kool-Aid man.
mimsies
Member # 7418

Yeah!?!?

And the next thing you'll probably be suggesting that pickles would be an excellent flavor for kool-ade!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm offended! You spelt Kool-Aid wrong. And yes, actually I was going to suggest that. Do you have a problem with it?
mimsies
Member # 7418

How offensive that you feel that you know me well enough to correct my spelling!

And yes, pickle flavored cool-ayde would be sickening!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

And once again you have spelt Kool-Aid wrong. I'm also offended that you think that I have to know you really well to correct your spelling. If that is true, than I have wasted my whole life being unusually cruel. I'm a grammar Nazi, cripes!
mimsies
Member # 7418

I am EXTREMELY offended that you made me laugh so hard that the coffee i was drinking shot out my nose! It almost hit my keyboard! You are indeed VERY cruel.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Who in their right mind drinks coffee? Everyone knows that tea is the way to go - The British do it.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Tea and coffee are nothing but mugs full of SIN! I'm offended that you even mentioned these substances on a forum where I might see!
mimsies
Member # 7418

I am offended by BOTH comdemnations of coffee! Coffee is one of my best preventative measures against asthma attacks. It has taken me a long time to be able to tolerate the disgusting taste of coffee, and your criticizms are like a slap in the face, AND dsmissive of my efforts!

*phblblblblt!*

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

For the love of random strings of characters! Who mispells "dismissive" and includes "phblblblblt" in the same post!
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm deeply hurt that you would criticize someone's noble and selfless attempt to transcribe some of the previously unwritable sounds produced by human mouths.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
What, Uncle Orson plays "Love at Home" on the piano and we're all supposed to be friends? Criticism is a normal, healthy part of human interaction, and as a writer you should understand that. Shame on you, sir, for trying to supress the discussion of controversial material.

(This is so fun.)

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you tell him what he can and can't suppress on his own forum! He gave us this forum out of the goodness of his heart, and here you come along and try to tell him how to run it? I'm disgusted!
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Absurd! Anyone daring to enter this mudslinging thread is liable to be offended, even if it be Mr. Card. I'm dissapointed that you make exceptions, verily.
Morbo
Member # 5309

I'm wroth that you ended your post with biblical language, forsooth!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm appalled you use "forsooth" in reference to Biblical language, when it is *obviously* Shakespearean.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Can't you just use UBB code? I mean, it's not that difficult or anything!
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Asterisks are a perfectly acceptable way to show emphasis! What kind of elitist snob are you to insist that everyone use that hoity-toity UBB code just because *you* do?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

The whole lot of you are wrong. The best way to express emotions is via smileys, jeez. [Mad] [Wall Bash]
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I use both italics *and* aterisks. So there. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.