FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I get to decide things about my life! Cool! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I get to decide things about my life! Cool!
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Guys - and Mack, the outfit looks gorgeous; very elegant.

Enjoy the whole thing; the day itself and everything that follows.

We'll be thinking of you.

Cheers
tony

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, Speed, I'm lactose intolerant. [Wink]

We've got Nathan a cream shirt and grey tie. It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see him in it. We did that before I read Mrs. M's post, must be the same wavelength or something, because my necklace is also a choker-type so it didn't interfere with the lace. o_O

I have more fashion sense than I'm willing to admit, but don't practice it much with myself because of body image problems.

My sister and one of my best friends took me to Victoria's Secret today. o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get what I told you to?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember. It's all a blank.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. What does blank underwear look like? Does that mean it doesn't have a logo on it -- which I'll freely admit is pretty rare for something you found at Vickie's -- or is it transparent?

(As a side note: Christy wore chain-mail. Really. *laugh*)

[ December 29, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I dunno, but the underwear my sister was trying to convince me to get seemed pretty blank to me.
mackillian
Member # 586

...wouldn't that CHAFE!?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor mack clearly has PSTD. *pat pat* It's ok, sweetie. You're not the one who needs to remember what it looks like.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Sooooo, we gonna get pics of this shopping trip, too? *looks innocent*

[ December 29, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"...wouldn't that CHAFE!?"

I had the same overriding concern, despite the fact that she really cut quite a fine figure in the outfit, and consequently moved to extricate her from it as soon as the necessary pictures -- merely for documentation purposes -- were taken.

[ December 29, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]

My sister actually had to call off HER best friend from thrusting random panties and bras and nighties or whatever the hell they were into my face. I guess my sister picked up on my tone of voice and my nearness to popping Heather one.

Somehow, I don't think pictures would be prudent. No nighties, they all decided "it wasn't me." (Thank god, because that wasn't going to happen ANYway). We got new bras with the new size and I got to bond more with my sister by calling her into the trying on stall to make sure it fit right.

[Grumble]

And I got dragged to the drugstore after.

Exhausted. Yup.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Before I got married, while I was still in Canada, I went on a lingerie shopping trip with one of my best friends. I have major body image problems, too, and it's partially due to being overweight. My friend is also overweight, which makes it easier to go shopping with her. And we've gone shopping together before, and it usually works out to her tossing me into a stall, throwing clothes at me, and seeing which ones stick.

She has incredible clothes sense for me. And I hate shopping. So it works out really well.

We did the same thing. She started throwing bras and all sorts of things at me, and they were my style, thankfully. She knows me well enough. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] And it sure made my life easier! [Kiss]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*nod* Lingerie shopping is exhausting.

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M,
My son just saw you husband's picture and said, "Who's that, John Kerry?" hee hee. Your husband is much more handsome.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

"Lingerie shopping is exhausting."

It certainly is the way we do it.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Why were you dragged to a drugstore? Buying condoms? [Confused]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
What's that? Did someone say condoms?

Why, heck, I've just been itchin' for a chance to tell the world about the coolest birth control ev-ah!

Yes, that's right, ev-ah! I'm talkin' bout Depo-Provera, depo, The Shot.... also known as God's Gift to Women (who don't have bad side effects on it)â„¢

[Wink]

'course, condoms are fine, too. [Hat]

Edit: Wow, that has to be one of the oddest thread tangents ever! Or, should I say, ev-ah! Ohhh yeah.

[ December 29, 2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Zeugma ]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jamie and Nate! [Big Grin]

*hugs*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, that's right, ev-ah! I'm talkin' bout Depo-Provera, depo, The Shot.... also known as God's Gift to Women (who don't have bad side effects on it)â„¢
Glad you added that disclaimer! I'm one of those who had bad side effects. As in, gained 70 pounds. But heck, what's a little weight between friends? [Dont Know]

On the other hand, it was also the first time in my life that I didn't have mind-numbing painful periods every two and a half weeks. So that was good.
quote:
Always look on the bright side of life.
[ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Documentation is very important, Tom. You must be rigorous in thoroughly documenting every such event.

Were I on hormonal birth control, I think I'd go for The Ring. (One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them ...)

[ December 30, 2004, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... did anybody else smirk at the flower(s) to birth control change?

[Blushing]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

My sister had problems with The Ring...actually, my sister has had problems with all forms of oral contraceptive except one (Aless or something, she couldn't spell it). So after the bad experience I had with Yasmin, I'm going to try the one worked with my sister. Once I can figure out how to SPELL it.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Alesse

[Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the shot wasn't right for me either. I practically had to buy stock in Tampax while I was on it. [Grumble]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
The One Ring isn't bad, much nicer than pills. It's the only kind of birth control we've found so far that doesn't make my cholesterol dangerously high. Stupid liver! [Grumble]

Gee, I hope your sister wasn't taking it orally, mack.... [Taunt]

[ December 30, 2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The outfit is lovely, mack. But I wanted to send you one of my multitudinous veils, and I don't think it really needs one. [Grumble]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats, nate and mack!

could everyone on hatrack stop making Strider and I feel left behind?

by jatrequero standards, greg and i should be on kid number two by now.

*~*~*~*~*~*

quote:
Depo-Provera, depo, The Shot.... also known as God's Gift to Women (who don't have bad side effects on it)â„¢
Hideous! HIDEOUS!!!

I gained TWENTY POUNDS on depo and it turned me into a neurotic crying-machine. evil. I have RED STRETCH MARKS EVERYWHERE. Ironically i was on the shot for nine months, and it looks like i've been pregnant. hideous!

and i've read a multitude of horror stories *much worse* than mine. don't take it! don't!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Well, surely I'm not the ONLY one who's had a good time with the shot! [Smile] I tried the pill first, which was fine, too, but I kept forgetting to take it. And now, not only do I only have four chances a year to forget to get the shot, I haven't had a single period in four years. Woo-freaking-hoo! [Smile]

So yeah. It can be good. If it isn't really awful. [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And now, not only do I only have four chances a year to forget to get the shot, I haven't had a single period in four years.
*green with envy*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
There is also Mirena.

I think I would like to try this in the future. It is probably the lowest level Progesterone BC of any that use BC. And there are also Copper IUDs which have no hormones whatsoever.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Just remember, I react oddly to all types of medications.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

FWIW, copper IUDs work (we think) in part by setting up an environment which is not conducive to egg implantation. That is, it doesn't necessarily prevent the fertilization of the egg [although it does seem to affect this, as well], so if one believed that every fertilized egg should be protected as a sacred human life, this would pose a problem.

Zeugma, a lot of people are quite happy with the shot. It is a popular form of birth control, but like any form, some people will have problems. Doesn't mean it isn't an attractive option for some others [like you [Smile] ].

[ December 30, 2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

mackillian
Member # 586

They just had an episode of House where there was a nun with a copper IUD...
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

[edited because I'm ashamed of myself]

[ December 30, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Tease. [Razz]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Dammit! I didn't even get to SEE that one, Sara!
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Woo-hoo! Well, I saw it, and it was raaaaaace-y! Yikes!

[Eek!]

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it! [Taunt]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

--I--

to you all.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I was bad, very bad.

*shakes head sorrowfully

Why am I so wicked? Why must I bear this flaw in my character? [Cry]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Mirena is only recommended for women who have had children already. They say they don't know *exactly* how it works....I seriously considered it after having Rainbow, but because they admit they're not 100% sure why it works, I wasn't assured that it wasn't possibly aborting fertilized eggs. My OB (a prolifer) had no problems with it, pointing out that he would see a higher incidence of ectopic pregnancy if inhospitable environment was its primary method of pregnancy prevention. Instead, he's seen nothing but good results. (My OB was tops. An absolute gem of a man with gentler hands than the female doc who delivered my son.) Timing was everything, though...I'd just finished reading Randy Alcorn's book on abortion, and not feeling totally secure that I wasn't losing a baby by using Mirena, I decided against it even though my doctor recommended it.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Jeniwren and Sara, that is a very important point to make, and thank you for making it. It is one of the reasons why we have not chosen this (yet).

It is my understanding that with Mirena the minute amount of synthetic progesterone is supposed to supress ovulation (as do other forms of progesterone BC). And there is some question that if fertilization can still happen with Mirena, then it can also happen with other forms of hormonal BC.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

quote:
And there is some question that if fertilization can still happen with Mirena, then it can also happen with other forms of hormonal BC.
That is my understanding as well.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll shortly be starting Ortho Evra. My gyno said it's the lowest hormonal form of Birth control. Which will be perfect since i'm very emotional and, apparently, incredibly sensitive to pregnancy hormones...
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

(To Sara) That's why latex is still our BC of choice.

[Monkeys]

[ December 30, 2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, bev. We've hung with latex in the past as well, but for different reasons. Seems like every single form of birth control makes every month a 4-week long period for me. I've tried the pill, the shot, and an IUD. Before we began trying to conceive I did find that Yasmin seemed to work better for me, so maybe there's hope.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy heck, this thread has turned into a BC discussion. What's weird is that I find myself actually reading and paying attention.

BUT.... so.. uh.. how 'bout them Patriots? [Wink]

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Congratulations!!!
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Huh? What did the patriots do? [Confused]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.