FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 24)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
And also, I'm not pregnant. *grumble*
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Thanks.

And [Frown] Have you been trying long?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, I hope all goes well. Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Thanks. [Smile]
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay boon!!

[Frown] ((imogen))

I'm really crossing my fingers that these last few days I've been feeling pretty good are not a fluke. I'm starting to show, which is weird to get used to. I think one of my pairs of jeans is going to have to remain in the closet for a while. For someone who's never done this before, it's really weird. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Boon!!!

I knew first. And I actually kept it a secret, I'm so nice, [Big Grin]

[Frown] imogen.

I'm still waiting for my period, which should have been here four days ago, but I keep getting - tests so sadly, I think it's just late, or decided not to come this month. [Frown]

ludosti, I hope you keep feeling well. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Boon, we've been trying on and off for a year or so - but I have PCOS and for a long time my periods were AWOL.

They've now returned to a semi-regular if long cycle, so only now do we really have any chance (although I still may not even be ovulating, so who knows). I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and see what we can do.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
divaesefani, I would trust my doctor and my instincts.

I also had an emergency C (very emergency and dramatic - complete with my doctor screaming for test results and about a dozen medical personnel) and I had a very easy recovery. Honestly, though, my recovery isn't one to judge by - I had Aerin on a Monday after a month of hospital bedrest and major courses of meds (including a week on Magnesium Sulfate) and I was discharged on Friday and completely off painkillers by the next Friday. I went up to see the nurses on the Perinatal Special Care floor when I was visiting Aerin and they were shocked to see me up an around - especially considering that I almost didn't make it through Aerin's birth. I'm having a Section with the next baby (not pregnant yet) - there's just no safe way I can have a VBAC with my history.

Mazel tov, Boon!

Sorry to hear the news, kq. Maybe next month.

imogen, I've been there. Really, exactly there. My magic cocktail was clomid, Follistem, and hCg. I was also on Metformin. Best of luck - you'll be in my prayers.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry to hear the news, kq. Maybe next month.
Well, considering I'll probably be in Tulsa while I'm ovulating, maybe the month after.

But I'm seriously bummed that this is being so hard; we tried for one month, got pregnant, miscarried early, and then after three months of bleeding, tried three more months with no results except this strangely late period (probably stress, I think.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there another wave of pregnant Jatraqueras going around?

*looks around innocently*

[Monkeys]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to share something?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she's succeeding. [Smile]

Congrats, you two!

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, you read that right. I was on the pill. And we used condoms. With spermicide.
[Eek!]

I'm never having sex again. Ever.

As for the rest of you,

Congrats to all [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

[Frown] Poor Nathan.
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Ick. I think the morning sickness has started full force... without vomiting, so far, though.

I'm at work because I was hoping it would pass soon and I didn't want to miss a whole day.

I must look pretty green, a coworker went in search of ginger ale for me.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Jennie!

In other news, I'm not pregnant. [Smile]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Katarain, I know how you feel. I have not yet vomited, but I tend to feel pretty gross off and on during the day. These last few days have been improving vastly, so I'm crossing my fingers that the sickness part is on its way out (I'm approaching 12 weeks). I'm starting to eat more like a normal person! [Smile] Well, with the exception of the apple pie last night...that was weird. It looked so tasty, and I was quite excited, but I took one bite and it was intensely tart, and I couldn't handle it. I asked Paul if it was more tart than usual, and he said, nope, it's the same! [Grumble]

Oh, and my due date is January 30th. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, things definitely taste-- and smell-- different when you're pregnant.

My favorite is always when something looks and sounds so good-- and then you take a bite and throw it up. [Grumble]

ludosti
Member # 1772

Kat and hansen - I'm so sorry you're feeling sick! I had (it's now been one week since I threw up so I'm hoping this is past tense now) morning sickness from hell and I really hope neither of you will go through that! If you need good ideas, everyone had tons of them for me in this thread. Be really careful to make sure to stay hydrated enough. I got so sick I got severely dehydrated and ended up in the ER. Now I know that if I can't keep anything down even for only 1 day, it's time to go get IV fluids.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Well, my pregnancy is half done. I'm still feeling pretty good, for the most part (even though I still throw up occasionally). We found out we are having a little girl and that things are looking good! We apparently have a very active little girl so I'm trying to identify when I'm feeling her and when I'm just feeling random stomach stuff. [Smile]
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, ludosti:) I'm glad things are going well for you. [Smile]

I found out my due date is March 1st, so I'm nearly 10 1/2 weeks now. I can't wait to start feeling the baby move! It'll be another 10 weeks or so before we find out what we're having.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Yay Ludosti and Katarain!

(I went to the doctor - the earliest I could get with the Gynae she recommended was October. I have taken the appointment.)

hansenj
Member # 4034

I'm officially in the second trimester!

Symptoms haven't gone away completely, but they have been (ever so slightly and gradually) lightening up. I still feel sick off and on, especially if it's been too long since I last ate, but I made it through the first trimester of DOOM without puking! [Cool]

I'm also very excited to feel the baby move. I know it could be many weeks away, but my sister felt her baby move pretty early on, so I'm hoping I'll be like her. [Smile]

Congratulations on the halfway milestone, ludosti!

Boon
unregistered

Congrats, everyone!

Well, looks like I'm finally getting an ultrasound on Thursday; I'll have a better due date either then or when I see the doctor on the 15th, however they work it here...

[Smile]

ludosti
Member # 1772

I'm glad you've got an appointment imogen!! I'm sorry you have to wait until October though. [Frown]

Yay hansen on making it through the first trimester without puking!! (heck I didn't even make it through the day without puking [Razz] ) I haven't quite figured out what the baby feels like - let me know when you do!

I hope your ultrasound goes well Boon! My first ultrasound gave me a vastly different due date from what had been initially calculated. The second one pretty much matched the first one. I'll have to go in for another one in a couple months, since I seem to have a low-lying placenta and we'll see if it matches too. Be sure to let us know when you're due!

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can say whatever they want to you? Just asking.

I think someone should do humanity a favor and make a list of all the things that are never acceptable to say to anyone, ever. Like "I see you've gained weight. Eating a lot, huh?" (from someone who knows you're pregnant). Or "Elephant." Helpfully illustrated by pointing at your stomach.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
The baby's movement at first feels a heck of a lot like gas bubbles moving in your stomach. Except they're really, really low. And you keep feeling them, every day, at times when you don't have gas.

Since being pregnant, there have been two times when I've had gas bubbles fairly low in my abdomen, and I've had a bit of a double take. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone, is that an announcement?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

No.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I was the same way, Brinestone-- I got so used to feeling the baby move that for 6 months after Emma was born it took me a few seconds to remember that that was gas, not baby. [Wink]

(With Bridey, I was too busy to notice gas!)

ludosti
Member # 1772

quote:
The baby's movement at first feels a heck of a lot like gas bubbles moving in your stomach. Except they're really, really low. And you keep feeling them, every day, at times when you don't have gas.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Last night, there were several times when it felt like something very, very low in my belly was boiling (I've never felt gas even remotely like that). I figured perhaps my little ninja was enjoying "Ninja Warrior" with me. There have been other times when I've felt like I had a muscle twitch, yet there was no actual muscle twitching (that I could detect).
Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin] Definite strong heartbeat, five little fingers on each hand and five little toes on each foot. We could even see a nose bump.

CRL just under 7.5cm, putting me at 13 weeks 5 days, with a due date of February 2...so I guess the original date of February 14th wasn't so far off, after all.

Guess I'll be having another February baby. [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends is due Feb 3rd with her second. Everyone but her seven year old is excited.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

February is a big month for us already. My husband's birthday is the 12th, Dan's is the 26th, and my sister's is the 28th.
Lissande
Member # 350

I realized the other day that I'm now actually a week past the point where my sister's baby was born (both survived, him with cerebral palsy and cortical? blindness). This is simultaneously reassuring (every additional week is a greater chance at life and health) and scary (my kid could survive outside the womb! if it's lucky!).

This is the end of week 25 for me, btw.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Congrats on your February baby Boon!! [Big Grin]

I know what you mean Lissande! I remember feeling strangely relieved when I hit the second trimester (since in the 1st you have the risk of miscarriage, and in the 3rd you have the risk of pre-term labor, the 2nd trimester is considered the "safest").

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having such a good time keeping with with all y'all, even if I'm not posting much. It seems like we're having another Hatrack baby boom!

It strange, I can't imagine being pregnant past 26 weeks (when Aerin was born). I'm going to be all kerfluey when I pass it with the next one. No, I'm not pregnant, but we're planning for a December/January conception and they're taking enough precautions that I should go almost full-term.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

That would be great if you were able to go close to full term! Not that Aerin didn't turn out wonderful, but I know that having her born so early made for a great deal of stress for everyone involved. [Smile]

I'm a little weird and hoping maybe I can have my little girl a couple weeks early. I know it's not something I should worry about, but I really don't want to have a Christmas baby (and being due Dec 18th, I'm worried I'll end up with a Christmas baby). I'd rather have a baby for a late 30th birthday present (which is November 30th). [Razz] Oh well, whenever she gets here will be wonderful!

[ August 03, 2007, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it is at all weird hoping for baby two weeks early. 38 weeks is considered full term and in general, no health problems there. And by that point, I don't think anyone is really still enjoying being pregnant.
If you are progressing well, your doctor might be willing to induce. At my 39 week check up, I was 3 cms dialated, like 60% effaced (and had been for a couple weeks) and so my dr induced as soon as the hospital was willing to take me (which took a few days). With the Christmas thing, I would imagine your dr would want you to go asap as well, since his/her holiday is also effected. I would not recommend inducing though if you weren't going good though.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I was induced at 38 weeks with Bridey, and BOY was I glad.
ludosti
Member # 1772

Ooh, what an excellent point! I doubt my doctor wants to be delivering a baby on Christmas any more than I want to have one then! [Smile] We'll have to see how things progress.
Lissande
Member # 350

I would be ok with delivering a little early as well. I was apparently born at 42 weeks, which is not sounding like an attractive alternative to me. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Emma was born at 41 and change, and while she was beautiful (much more developed than the other babies born that day), I would not do it again.
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
It apparently is a hatrack baby boom. *cough* I'm pregnant with my first, due maybe January 15th, maybe January 17th, maybe January 21st, depending on if you go by sonogram #2, sonogram #1, or dates.

I read ludosti's original thread, when she was SO sick (glad you're feeling better!!), but I didn't post because I was worried because I WASN'T sick, or at least not much. (My doctor told me, in the nicest possible way, to stop being silly. [Smile] )

Anyway, I'm so happy to be in the second trimester 'cause of the lowered risk of miscarriage, and I'm not so darn tired all the time. I'm not showing much yet (worried about that, too, but again, the doctor said everything looked perfect), so it's still a secret unless I want to share.

My husband and I have been married 10 years, and this is the first grandchild on both sides. This little one already has a LOT of stuff--blankets and sleepers and (no kidding) almost 1,000 newborn-size diapers provided by the grandparents-to-be.

Congratulations to everyone else out there!

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Congratulations, Liz. [Smile]

I'm starting to get very depressed.

imogen
Member # 5485

Congratulations Liz. [Smile]
Lissande
Member # 350

quote:
Emma was born at 41 and change, and while she was beautiful (much more developed than the other babies born that day), I would not do it again.
That's what my mom said about me, too - I was pretty, not red and wrinkly, and looked about three months old. [Big Grin]

quote:
I was worried because I WASN'T sick, or at least not much
I know that feeling. "I haven't thrown up. Is this a bad sign???" Also gained no weight the first trimester (despite eating like a maniac). I try to look on these things as blessings. [Smile]
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Smile]

(((kq))) Maybe next month!!

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Congrats Liz!!! I'm glad things are going so well!!! I was told by an ultrasound tech that the due date from the 1st sono is the most accurate (because development early on is pretty uniform and only one measurement is used - later they use an average of a bunch of measurements). Assigning a due date based on last period date just seems silly to me, since you can be fertile for several days even if you happen to have a perfect 28 weeks cycle. I'm using the date from my first sono because it's also the furthest away. [Wink] Be happy that you didn't get sick (because I got so sick, I didn't really have the option to keep it a secret from anyone)!! It really is awful!! Also, be happy you're not having to play games with your clothes just yet! In the last couple weeks I had to put away a couple pairs of my pants because they just didn't feel comfortable when I sat down.

((kq)) I know it's probably not much consolation, but Emma and Bridget's little brother/sister just isn't ready yet. [Smile]

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.