FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread (Page 12)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think Anders is a given to die, but I don't consider him one of the "big characters." He's more supporting-to-get-in-the-way. And even though he's a looker, I don't like him.

Dee should be a Cylon. Dee or Gaeta, but I actually like Gaeta, so it should be Dee.

Helo and Zarek - and Cally! - can't die.

I think the "big character" death would be someone we consider essential - like Sharon. The Sharon who had the baby, not the downloaded Sharon. Maybe the other Cylons will find her when the RTF jumps back to kick the Cylons the frack out of New Caprica. And because she didn't have the baby, they'll box her, but then D'Anna will find the baby on the planet.

I have no idea. I'm staying as spoiler-free as humanly possible, though not avoiding official teasers (like the one scheduled to air tomorrow during the premiere of "Eureka"). I found that Revenge of the Sith was awesome the first time because I didn't know what was coming (aside from the basics), and I'm hoping spoiler-free BSG will absolutely blow me away.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay this is a wee bit spoilerish so um beware i guess...

Ausiello at Tvguide.com has confirmed that the main character to die will be a woman....and that it wont be Katee Sackhoff or Mary McDonnell....so Starbuck and Roslyn are safe....for the moment any way....It will not be Sharon!!! Her death Would be meaningless! Yes I would be unconsolable if our Sharon was killed but in the end...for a death to really 'hit home' as the producers have said, the dead character cant just show up as another version of the same model a few minutes later....Thats why Im saying a silent goodbye to D....

I am also of the opinion that it aint Roslyn who will lead humanity to Earth....I also caught the Twelve Vipers thing...and if you remember, it wasnt Roslyn that retrieved the Arrow from Caprica....It was supprise supprise...Starbuck...

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone's planning on watching the premiere of "Eureka" tonight, as there'll be a preview of the upcoming season. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not like the idea of any more main characters winding up being cylons. Sooner or later you start asking the question, "Okay, if he/she was a cylon, why didnt she do yadda yadda yadda to destroy the whole fleet back in episode yadda yadda yadda"

The idea about starbuck being the one that leads them to Earth is a neat idea. Its got merit I guess, but its just speculation at this point. The prophecy spoke of a dying leader. But at this point shes not dying, nor is she really what I would consider a leader. I'll put more weight onto this theory when either of those things come to pass

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Dee who kicks the bucket due to an exploding pegasus. Heres why.

First:

Lee is a green Commander of a battlestar. He works better as a soldier not sitting behind giving orders.

Second:

Lee and Dee's relationship is pointless, just as much as Billy's death was. Where is it going? The only point I can see of it is to keep Lee's mind preoccupied and away from depressing thoughts, and to keep him away romantically from Starbuck. So Dee is going to die, and so is Anders. I hate Anders.

Third:

I've been waiting for the Pegasus to blow up for 9 episodes. Darn it, I want an exploded Battlestar. And that would provide an excellent death for Dee.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
and how would the death of the ONLY well armed battlestar able to take on 2 Basestars be meaningful? Pegesus will be around for several seaosns yet.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.