FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Season 2 discussion thread
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanecer:
I still don't know how either one of them could remember things from after she died (Helo's Sharon saying to Adama, "You asked me why")

Not sure either. Maybe the Cylon network connection still transmits data for a time even after the biological functions shut down.
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Got around my little "no cable box" problem and just downloaded the silly show today.

So what did everyone think? Back to Caprica, finding a habitable planet, presidential debates... all pretty good.

My favourite line was Six saying about Tom Zarek, "He's a smart and sexy man. Like you." [Big Grin]

[ March 04, 2006, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see more of Caprica Six with head Baltar.

But as to this episode, it felt mostly like lead in and set up. And of course ended with a cliffhanger. So now I'm just hanging off the cliff waiting for next weeks HOUR AND A HALF EP!! HUZZAHH!

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have to reserve my opinion until I see the second half. There wasn't much to the first part...or rather, there was too much.

And I'm hating that this will be the end of the season. When does the next season start?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Mid-July, probably around the time of the ComicCon.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Very frustrating episode to say the least. However, there is much to look forward to. A reviewer that I read in the last couple of days who had already seen both eps said that the revelations that happen in the last moments of the next episode are supposed to "earth shattering" (her words). So given that, there really is not much to talk about......yet!
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ReddwarfVII:
Carrie allow me to introduce you to the joy of iTunes. I have cable, but no Scifi since mine is only basic. So I download the episodes and watch them later. They are available within 24 hours after they are aired for download. $1.99 per episode and well worth it!

How's the quality, though? Isn't the resolution pretty small?
Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

They're not terrible. I put it up on my computer monitor and sit a ways back, so it's not too much worse than seeing it on TV. Noticeably worse, yes, but not sight-impairing.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about the same quality as if you've recorded it on a VCR tape.

And Adama makes me laugh. I loved the giggle fit he gave Roslin. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well in theory the planet should be hospitable for a few million people but I agree they should move on, staying is too dangerous the Cylons could find them at any moment and how would they evacuate in time?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a thought, if you are frustrated with the quality of the itunes download, and have no moral quelms about downloading tv shows for free, use bittorrent, the quality is great and they are available the night of the showing. I have Space channel (in canada), but since they are showing earlier episodes, I like to download them so I can be up to par with you american lads.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Well the synopsis from the very next episode tells that the cylons do find them. I will be very interested to see how all that plays out.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaand WHY did you post a spoiler?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Because he's evil.

But I'm going to post one several lines down, so heed the SPOILER WARNING:

According to the preview consistently seen on the SciFi channel, Baltar wins - or at least is in a position to give direct orders to Admiral Adama. Hoo-rah! Talk about interesting times!

Theaca
Member # 8325

I really disapprove of having spoilers in our bsg thread. I'm not sure why, cause I always look. But I think it impedes the flow of the thread to have posts some don't want to read. Then also you'll lose the voice of the fans who just won't open the thread because of the spoilers. Am I wrong?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

If it's in the commercial, is it really a spoiler?
Theaca
Member # 8325

Oh. Well, maybe not. I never gleaned that from the preview, but I don't tend to watch that carefully.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured the preview showed that Baltar wins the election, but you know how that goes...they were probably just trying to get us all ramped up for next week and it turns out that the election hasn't yet taken place but for some reason Roslyn is out of commission, which would put Baltar in charge anyway. [Smile] Gotta fake us out somehow.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers don't bother me. If anything, they only increase my interest in watching the episode to see the whole story, if the spoiler confirms that it's a good story.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

quote:
Originally posted by Theaca:
Aaaaaand WHY did you post a spoiler?

The synopsis came from the Scifi channel's website. It's not a spoiler if it's posted in the official information. I don't post spoilers because I don't want to ruin your viewing experience. I do read myself, but I have not and will not post any here on the website. I agree with Carrie, it's not a spoiler if it's in the commercial or from the official information. That information would be classified as a "teaser".
Carrie
Member # 394

Bad news everyone.

October?

Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know the ratings were down this year. Anyone think the competition will hurt the ratings, or that the new running-time will increase viewership?
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't aware that there had been a ratings drop either. Until the article mentioned that, I assumed that they were waiting until October because they felt confident that the show could compete in a tougher arena. Hm.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I'm just trying to remember numbers off the top of my head, so bear with me.

The S2 premiere had a 3.0 or 3.1 - amazing for a cable channel. The ratings dropped to a steady 2.1-2.2 throughout most of the season; recently, they've been in a bit more trouble. "The Captain's Hand" got the 1.7 they were talking about in the article.

Do I think moving to October's going to help? I doubt it. I don't know what the major networks are going to schedule on Friday nights, so I can't really comment on that, but this delay is certainly going to drive me nuts.

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
The finale is tonight! Yay!

And honestly, I figured there would be a ratings drop there. There were a couple of episodes that just were good, but mediocre compared to what we've seen. And Starbuck and Lee were not being fun to watch. However, the episode where the Pegasus got attacked by 3 base stars.... it picked up again and I was interested again. At least from my POV.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well, you're a dork. [Razz]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

You married me, so I don't want to hear it.

Wait a minute... no, I take pride in being a dork. Thanks, honey bunny.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Chris:
And Starbuck and Lee were not being fun to watch.

I so completely agree. [Smile]

Hooray for 90 minutes of BSG goodness tonight!

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, just wow. October can't come soon enough after a finale like that.

On a side note, what was with Admiral Adama growing a mustache? Was that really a necessary thing to convey passage of time?

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like that episode. I didn't like it at all. Those were events to spend an entire season on... not one episode. Or at least a couple of eps. The whole year passing thing, I thought it was like Baltar's bad dream. Kept expecting him to wake up, wishing he would wake up and realize the mistake of staying. Damn it, I want the next season to come so they can rectify this and restore this show to my favorite. Right now I'm rather unhappy with the direction its taking.

Edit to add: And what the hell is up with the Sharon's? Sharon1 thought she was human, she would have KNOWN how much human's value freedom above ALL ELSE. She would have known taking control would be a BAD IDEA. ...and cheif and Calle? Umm... err... no? Lt. Gedda working as Baltar's aid... yeah I can see it, he does kinda idolize the man, but COME ON. I woulda thought he'd be smarter than that. Specially after the way Baltar was acting. And they seemed to be suggesting way too much time passage for one year. And holy crap, sooo fracked up. No me gusta, no me gusta nada.

[ March 11, 2006, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Alcon ]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I think I missed the very end...my recording cut off abruptly. My recording ended when the cylons were on the planet, talking to Baltar. He asked how they found them...and the answer got cut off. The Cylon said that it was an accident and that they picked up of nuclear signature. That is when it cut off.

Did he say anything else...like what the signature was from...or what the Cylons were going to do to the humans? Why did the Cylons claim to want to let the humans free, but come back a year later.

Did it give us any clues for the next season?

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it showed peoples faces, with a voice over of 6 saying "We will show them mercy, and live with them, and they will love us for that, and with that love, we will gain unquestionable control." or something like that.

End of the episode:
Kevin Spacey dude: "We picked up radiation yadda yadda."
Baltar: "But... I'm the president of the colonies... I rule! I'm totally in charge."
Kevin Spacey dude: "Um... no... no you're not."
Baltar: "Crud... well, I surrender, then."
Kevin Spacey dude: "Here, have a cookie."
Baltar: "Thank you."

Sentinels walking down market place-
Starbuck: "What the frack... cylons!"
Chief: "What are we going to do, Captain?"
Starbuck: "Same thing we do every night, pinky, try to take over the world.
Chief: "Who's pinky?"
Starbuck: "Oh yeah...I mean... fight until we die!"

And then the theme from cheers starts playing, and everyone gets drunk.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously a spoiler follows.

So now that they've been on NC for a year, I'm wondering when--and if-- they'll ever get back into space. And Baltar does a good job at being the elected official who just doesn't care.

--j_k

[ March 11, 2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: James Tiberius Kirk ]

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

My brain exploded.
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to work last night and I can't find part 2 of the season finale on Itunes [Mad] They usually have the episode available by now. Are they going to put it up? Or is there somewhere else to download it?
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I know they were fleeing the Cylons and times are rough, but they can't even make antibiotics. They have equipment on the ships. I just don't buy it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Well, if there's no mold spores to grow on the bread... [Wink]
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know they were fleeing the Cylons and times are rough, but they can't even make antibiotics. They have equipment on the ships. I just don't buy it.
I think that their inability to produce medical suplies may be more a reflection of Baltar's incompetence and the mismanaged infrastructure than any technological limitation.

That whole "1 year later" thing really frustrated me as well, but after thinking about it, I think it was probably a good choice on the part of the directors. In short, I would rather have season three start with more Cylon-fighting goodness than several episondes of Baltar being a slimeball.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Here's a summary of the episode for those who missed it, but are spoiler whores.

SPOILERS!

Seriously...

Like... Spoilers

Here

Next line

Roslyn: People are stupid. Like... really stupid. Why are they voting for Baltar? Because they are stupid, that's why.
Her Aid: Yes, Madam President.
Roslyn: Tell me you have a back up plan.
Aid: There's always a backup plan.
Roslyn: That was really foreboding, what do you mean?
Aid: Uh... here, talk to this priest, for no reason, other than to bring him into view.

Tigh's wife: I wanna go to New Caprica!
Tigh: No, we are staying here, and protecting the ship.
Tigh's wife: But I waaaanna go to New Capricaaaaa!
Tigh: Fine, go, you can have all the men you want there.
Tigh's wife: Silly goose, I want you..... and other men.

Doc Connell: Kailey, you're mouth is wired shut. Get back to work, and I don't wanna hear no lip.
Kailey: I hate you.
Doc Connell: Yeah, well... you look pretty bad.
Chief: OMG, Kailey, I'm sorry. I feel pretty stupid and bad.
Kailey: I forgive you. Coincidentally, I also love you.
Chief: Ok... um... cool.

Back on Caprica

Anders: We're surrounded by cylons.
Starbuck: FIGHT UNTIL WE DIE!
Anders: Um... we could just go over there.
Starbuck: Yeah, lets go over there.
Anders: Hey, they stopped firing.
Sharon: Yeah, see, they don't want to kill all of us, they just want to knock us out with gas and steal our baby makers.
Starbuck: I like my ovaries where they are, thank you very much. Anders, if it comes to that, kill me.
Anders: Wait, what?
Starbuck: I'm going to point a gun at you, so you understand the seriousness of what I am saying. I will NOT go back to those farms.
Anders: Oh, I see... you have a gun. Gotchya.

On Galactica-

Baltar walks into a room where Roslyn is waiting.
Baltar: Laura, so good to see you again. Where's Adama?
Roslyn: Baltar, you're a smart man, right?
Baltar: Yes. Yes I am.
Roslyn: So if I act desperate, you'll understand that I know I'm going to lose.
Baltar: I would assume so, yes.
Roslyn: Please, for Gods sake, let me win.
Baltar: Wow, that is desperate.
Roslyn: I know.
Baltar: No... I think I'm fine with winning, just to prove a point. I really don't know why I'm running, anyway. See, the voices in my head tell me to do things.
Roslyn: You're a cylon conspirator.
Baltar: Oh shi... er.... I mean, I don't know what you are talking about.
Roslyn: Now who's acting desperate?

Back on Caprica-

Anders: If they wanted to kill us, they would have attacked.
Starbuck: Ya think!?
Helo: They're gone.
Convienantly placed Priest2: Thank God! Lets pray! "Oh cylon god who art in heaven..."
Helo: Um... did you say Cylon God?
Priest2: Uh... no.

On Galactica-
Ad. Adama: Welcome back.
Starbuck: Thank you.
Helo: Caprica's deserted.
Adama: Get this man a medic, he's crazy.
Priest2: It's true!
Chief: Hey wait a minute.... didn't I talk to you in the last episode? That means.... ::tackle:: HE'S A CYLON!
Priest2: Very good. Take me to your leader.

Priest1 being dragged in: I'm NOT a cylon, I'm NOT a cylon!
Priest2: Oh give it a rest.
Priest1: Oh... I see. Yeah, I'm going to just go in this cell, then.
Priest 2: Change of plans, dude. We've realized that we're better than humans.
Priest1: Amen, brother Me.
Priest2: Killing you guys? Yeah, apparently God doesn't want us to kill, and we sort of messed up... sorry about that. Our bad.
Adama: Your BAD?!

Election day!!

Announcer: Civilians are counting the votes, but the military is protecting it. Tom Zarek wants to make sure no one cheats.

Aid: Hello, Mr. Tigh is it?
Tigh: Hey, how's it going?
Aid: Yeah... you know what we talked about earlier?
Tigh: Rigging the election?
Aid: Yeah, that. Go ahead and rig it now.
Tigh: Ok!
Announcer: And... Roslyn gets more votes than makes sense! Amazing! She wins!
Zarek: Hey, I'm currupt, and I know curruption. They cheated.
Baltar: Dude... Roslyn wouldn't cheat.

An awkward scene with Starbuck, Anders, and Lee that does not exist. Starbuck acts girly, Lee gets pissed.

Geata: Hey, Mr. Tigh?
Tigh: Mr?
Geata: Well, its an ackward situation.
Tigh: Whats up?
Geata: Well, you see sir. The original ballots had a typo. These ones don't.
Tigh: Who the hell would notice this kind of thing?
Geata: I'm a closet grammar nazi, sir. I do this when people aren't watching.
Tigh: No... no... quit noticing. Go away, I'll take care of it.
Geata: You rigged it, didn't you.

Adama: Laura, Tigh rigged the election. He admitted to it, and will stand trial.
Laura: I kind of knew about it. But it was for the greater good!
Adama: I know. Baltar is not the best choice. But he is the peoples choice.
Laura: Baltar is working with the cylons!
Adama: Do you have proof?
Laura: No.
Adama: Then it's meaningless. I'm going to do you a favor. You are going to let Baltar have his victory, and we will be the servents on the people.
Laura: Wow, you're Mr. Ethical aren't you? Ok, fine.

Adama: Baltar, there was a miscalculation. You are the president.
Baltar: You cheated didn't you? I'm sooo investigating you.
Adama: I suggest you take your victory and be humble, or else.
Baltar: Interesting proposal, Mr. Adama. I accept.

Gina: I'm going to have sex with you Baltar, and I really don't know why.
Baltar: Sweet.

Baltar takes the oath, and Gina detonates a nuclear explosion.

Adama: Mr. President, this was a coordinated attack. I suggest we increase security.
Baltar: No, Adama. You see, when I became the president, I stopped thinking.
Adama: I see. So... we're screwed, aren't we?
Baltar: I'm afraid so. Lets go settle New Caprica, shall we?

One year later

Adama has a moustache.
Lee looks bigger.
Dee is his XO on the Pegasus.

The Chief is the leader of a workers union. Kailey is pregnant.

Baltar is still president, and a womanizer.

Anders is playing the ball game, even though he has pneumonia.

Starbuck yells at him. They are married. She has long hair.

Doc Connell has no antibiotics for Anders.

The population is down to 39,000+.

Roslyn is teaching school.

The cylon baby is chubby and cute.

Adama has a horrid moustache.

Horrid.

Dee: Sir, I am seeing something on Radar.
Lee: How can you see anything?
Dee: It's a cylon.
-radar shows a "we are so screwed" ammount of cylons and base stars-
Adama: I see them.
Lee: If we don't jump, we will be destroyed.
Adama: There are people down there.
Lee: So what!?
Adama: Ok, lets jump.

Cylons overhead flying around.

Baltar is in his office. The cylon models come in.

Caprica 6: Hey there, Gaius, how's it going.
Baltar: What the...
Boomer: We're just here to chill with you guys.
Baltar: How did you find us?
Kevin Spacey dude: "We picked up radiation yadda yadda."
Baltar: "But... I'm the president of the colonies... I rule! I'm totally in charge."
Kevin Spacey dude: "Um... no... no you're not."
Baltar: "Crud... well, I surrender, then."
Kevin Spacey dude: "Here, have a cookie."
Baltar: "Thank you."

Sentinels walking down market place-
Starbuck: "What the frack... cylons!"
Chief: "What are we going to do, Captain?"
Starbuck: "Same thing we do every night, pinky, try to take over the world.
Chief: "Who's pinky?"
Starbuck: "Oh yeah...I mean... fight until we die!"

Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Anti-Chris [ROFL]

I'm not sure what to think about all that's happened until I know why the Cylons are trying to take them over. It's possible that they have something great in mind, but I feel a bit wary of the direction the show seems to be taking.

[ March 11, 2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Amanecer ]

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Dude, I got nothing against Christ. Its that Chris guy I gots a problem with.
Amanecer
Member # 4068

LOL. I fixed it. [Razz]

quote:
Caprica 6: Hey there, Gaius, how's it going.
Baltar: What the...

I'm wondering if maybe that was Gina. Maybe after all of Gina's abuse, she convinced them that humans really couldn't be left to themselves?
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

No. It was Caprica 6. If it was Gina, they would have found them a whole lot sooner. Gina's gone. There was no ressurection ship for her.
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Anti-Chris. I had to record the episode for viewing later, and forgot it was a 90-minute episode, so I missed the last half hour. Now I have an idea what happened. Judging by the way you summarized the hour I did watch, you probably got it about right.

Although what Priest1 said was even more outrageous--he said "So we all just forgive and forget. No harm." Then Adama said "No harm???!! You exterrminated our race!"

Still, you summarized it pretty well. Thanks again.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

quote:
No. It was Caprica 6. If it was Gina, they would have found them a whole lot sooner.
Good point. I guess I was just hoping it was Gina. That would make more sense to me. [Frown]
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I don't know. It being Caprica 6 makes sense to me. I mean Caprica 6 and Boomer were leading the movement to leave the old human planets, so it makes sense that they were two of the ones in charge when they came to New Caprica. Plus Caprica 6 knew Baltar pretty well and still has a thing for him (at least judging from the episode 2 weeks ago). It made sense to me that she was the one there. *shrugs* Maybe I'm just weird though.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

Of course it makes sense in one way. But I bet Amanacer was just hoping our old friends Caprica 6 and Sharon 1 who seemed like such sympathetic characters who love humans hadn't actually come back to conquer humanity again.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I don't know. I think at least this way was peaceful (which seemed to click with Caprica 6 and Sharon 1 and their love of humans), rather than the old ways. I mean the Cylons could have easily just wiped out the human settlement. I think the way this invasion type thing went down is just sort of hinting at the direction Caprica 6 and Sharon 1's power has went in the year that we sort of jumped over. We also don't know how much power the third guy with them had. Maybe they're minority figures now, second to him or something. There's a lot left up in the air to explain. I think that's why I found it satisfying in the end. Nothing seemed totally out of character and there were a lot of loose ends that will need to be tied up in October.
Carrie
Member # 394

I'm going to watch the episode again - and in full sequence with the previous three episodes - before I comment on it. Something's not exactly ringing true about it, but I want to give it a full context before I completely lambast it.

Perhaps in a day or two.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
My initial reaction to the episode was 'wait, this is like Magnum PI, right? Baltar will wake up next season and it was all a dream, a cautionary tale, right? RIGHT?' It almost seems too hopeless for them. If they wanted a way to nobly sacrifice the Pegasus as in the original series, here it is.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.