FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spoiler-loaded Serenity reviews (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Spoiler-loaded Serenity reviews
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you really have to have an answer... Perhaps she could have gotten the cuffs off at anytime, but doing so didn't gain her anything until Jayne was coming in to kill her (the fact she could read minds from inside the pantry was already placed).

Actually, I was thinking she may have planted the idea for Jayne to go after her. She was still locked into the pantry, and wanted to go to the bridge.

In 'Trash' she did establish that she could kill Jayne with her brain.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
No, she threatened to do so. Big difference. No sign she's ever done anything mentally besides read people.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister just finished her latest of the Firefly crew:

Mal in Brown

Previous ones:

River in Red
Zoe in Purple

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Those are all really good. Though the Mal one reminds me more of Han Solo than of Mal.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Reviving this thread after a few months... so I was looking at IMDb's listing for Serenity, and it has this trivia item for Serenity:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/trivia

quote:
SPOILER: During the funeral scene, Kaylee wears a medallion with the Chinese symbol for marriage.
Huh??? Anyone hear anything about this? Is it true? If it's true, is it intentional, or did the movie folks just use some random Chinese symbol???
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mal looks more like one of the Sheens, Charlie I think, in that drawing. Still, it's good. And River looks more like Christina Ricci.

The one of Zoe is REALLY good, that's my fave.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I went Googling, and found this opinion:

link

quote:
She is wearing the character for double happiness usually displayed at wedding banquets or marriage festivities. It does not mean marriage in of itself. (Chinese normally does not wear it as an amulet nor a good luck charm on the body.)
... which makes much more sense, yay.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read the thread yet, it's way too long and I have to say something...

I just watched Serenity for the first time. (Life prevented us from getting to the theater--not that it was in enough theaters, anyway.)

I loved the movie.... mostly. I turned to my husband within the first 10 minutes and said, "This is the best movie EVER!

But I was deeply disappointed about Wash's death. I thought it was pointless and gratuitous. And... Spoilers for Season 6 Buffy below
We already saw Joss do meaningless, pointless death with Tara in Buffy. Wash dying was stupid and made me angry. When Shepherd died, I thought that was pretty stupid, too. My husband turned to me and said, "And we love Joss's stuff why?" (or something like that.)

When Wash died it just made it even worse. It spoiled the end of the movie for me to a large degree. Yes, it was still cool, yada yada yada...but I was still grieving when the triumphant ending music started. It felt out of place.

More later.. probably.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.