FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone still up? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone still up?
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's have a conversation. What's going on?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My head hurts. We need to go get the toddler bed out of the car.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
yes
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I took a nap this afternoon because I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and now I'm up.

I could probably sleep right now if I wanted to, but for some reason I feel like doing something.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I set a goal of writing five pages of any of my papers a night.

So far, I'm at a grand total of Zero. Go me.

I think it would help to figure out what these papers will be about, then to write them.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody say something?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I should go to sleep, but I've got a load of clothes drying and one in the washer that needs to go in the dryer before I go to bed.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only 10:17 here. Although last night I was up until 6 am local time.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

kq: I'm in Iowa - two hours ahead of you.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from my atrocious physics lab. Good news is that it's the last one of the semester; bad news is that I have it next semester at the same time (7-10pm). I usually stay up for a while after physics to destress and eat chocolate as a consolation for enduring the lab without hurting anyone or anything especially the TA.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

oh, that is atrocious.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still up, but this is nothing special for me. I mean, it's not even 1am yet.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I just beat an "evil" sudoku at www.websudoku.com but it took me 24 minutes. Yay.

And yes, it's only 10:30 here. Yay for living on the west coast.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

yeah, but you're what? 28? (Engimatic)

I'm a bit older - it's harder on me to be up so late ... yet, I do it almost every night. [Roll Eyes]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, the toddler bed is together. And made. Although now I'm going to have to unmake it to move it into Emma's room. But it's so adorable!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(It's a blue race car. We picked it and a mattress up for $50 plus the hassle of figuring out how to take it apart, figuring out how to fit it in the car, and schlepping it here from Thousand Oaks. Emma's been acting ready to transition to a toddler bed, and it was such a great deal we got it for her for Christmas-- just a little early, we'll give her something little and she won't know the difference.)
CaySedai
Member # 6459

That's cool. She'll have plenty of time to be used to sleeping in a "big girl bed" before the baby comes and takes over the crib.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's the idea. And bringing it in this early, we can even transition her very gently, unless she loves it so much that she makes the leap with no problem. (My little semi-clone doesn't usually take change too well, though.)
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still up, but then, it's nothing special as it's *checks clock* only 1:17 pm.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

It's 1:20 a.m. for me now ... the second load of clothes is in the dryer, so I think I'll go to bed now.

Sorry to leave just when you arrive, quidscribis.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
It's 2:20 for me.

I just finished my paper that's due tomorrow. It's clocked in at 2,464 words and 7.75 pages. I think it's really good, but I don't think I'll get a good grade on it. I don't really care, though, I had a blast researching and writing it. And doesn't that just make me a geek. [Smile]

Now I'm trying to decide whether to take a shower before I go to bed or tell myself I'll take one tomorrow and not take it.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] No worries, CaySedai. I'm used to little to no traffic when I'm around. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I still read your stuff, just much later. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm used to being on at the same time as quid...

Is that vaguely disturbing to anyone else?

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Just a little bit...
Evie3217
Member # 5426

blackwolve - I just did the same thing last week. I got a B- on the paper, which pissed me off because I thought I did better than that. Oh well. What can you do? Revise, I suppose, but that takes too much work.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't get an option to revise here. It always shocks me when I hear my friends at other schools talk about it. I think my professors would laugh me out of their office if I asked.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Thank God for revisions. That's all I can say. If anything to just fix the grammatical errors I made.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Frickin' Civ 4. Gosh!
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Go to bed already! Sheesh!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Somebody just came to our door drunk, asking for "Kelly".

This is the fourth time this has happened.

I guess her friends used to crash here a lot.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding revision...if I really feel like I can get a better grade on a paper, then I'll revise it without asking first. I'll show it to my professor and explain that I don't expect him or her to change my grade but I want to demonstrate that I understand the material. It works sometimes.

I hardly ever do it, though. I have to really care about the class and not just the grade.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and it's 2:15 here. Early. I'm a college student. We don't need sleep.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tern:
Frickin' Civ 4. Gosh!

Tell me about it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm up! I'm up! Quit nagging me already! Sheesh.
Ela
Member # 1365

Is this going to be a nightly tradition? [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Or a morning tradition in my case?

I'm playing with Coppermine photo gallery today. Seeing if I like it. And tossing up all my hundreds and thousands of Sri Lankan photos into it for everyone to see.

This evening, I'll be playing with Dagonee's recipe software components. Have to do it this evening cuz it's Mambo, which I don't understand, and that's when Fahim can help me. [Smile] (Go Dags!) (Of course, he won't see this post - he hasn't posted in here in a long, long time. Busy Dags.)

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up. I took a nap from 6 to 9pm because I was so exhausted. Now I'm trying so, so hard to relax and watch some tv with my roommates and all of their friends bursting into the living room in the middle of the show and YELLING AT EACH OTHER FROM ACROSS THE ROOM FOR NO REASON.

[Mad]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

I will be going to bed shortly. [Smile]
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
oh my gosh, it's only 7:46 here... no WONDER no one is ever on hatrack when i am.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Eek. It's december... when did that happen? It was october, like, yesterday.

I should sleep but I'm too worked up. Silly life. [Smile]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Yeah, I still have a lot of work to do. Yay for being in college. This should be a fun night. [Cool]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

By the way, the sunglasses are to hide the bags under my eyes.
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, Evie, I hear that. *Two* back to back essay tests tomorrow. Ugh.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Ouch. Good luck with that. I think we need a college kid appreciation club.
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I just learned that
quote:
Pseudoephedrine can cause inability to sleep.
Groovy. I've been treating myself for several days with over the counter cold medications. I'm exhausted and I feel like crap and I can't get to sleep. [Frown]

But if I don't take the decongestant, the tingling in my ears drives me crazy! [Cry]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I just got back from fabric shopping. Yay!!!!!!

Bought material for shalwaar pants, a dress (wild hot pink pattern [Big Grin] ) a nightgown (cotton, fairly thin, and much much needed), and two aprons. Er, and a shawl to go with my shalwaar. [Big Grin] Much happiness reigns. [Big Grin]

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maui babe:
But if I don't take the decongestant, the tingling in my ears drives me crazy! [Cry]

Awww, I hate that feeling! Maybe try taking a hot shower to help drain? You don't even really have to stand in the shower, as long as you can breathe the steam.

Okay, I'm going to bed now. REALLY. I AM. Don't look at me like that. I'm going!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.