FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone still up? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone still up?
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! I'm only up late when I'm being stupid and talking to the girl I shouldn't talk to this late at night because I always end up saying something stupid and with anyone else I wouldn't care, but unfortunately I care about her. That's my downfall. Though I wonder if it would actually be worse if she did care about me back.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well. I guess I'm the only one who uses this thread anymore. It's not really late, but I wanted to brag on myself and say that I posted 25 times today, which is a LOT for me. Woohoo! And now, to bed.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, la-di-dah for you! 25 posts in a day? I do that before breakfast! [Taunt]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, Strangelove, you ain't. I'm here! [Smile]

Tante, be nice to the poor newbie. [Wink]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

[Hail] I always have and always will bow before you superior postingness Tante. Considering you have roughly ... 5219 posts more than me (a number which will be inaccurate in about 2 minutes when you post again, if you haven't already), and you only registered a month before me, I have no choice but to look up to you as the goddess of all posting. One day I only hope you will look down from your lofty perch and deign to smile a smile of good fortune on my poor, slow posting soul. Amen.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Crap, I'm still a newbie? I thought when I started italicizing in the quick reply box I would've graduated . Oh well, I guess not.

*searches out other threads to run up my post count on*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm a minor deity! This lofty perch is a bit uncomfortable, though. I'll just smile down on the poor souls for a bit, then come on down from here.

Next time, I'll have to remember to bring along some perch cushions.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Here, here, let me get you some!

And sorry, but until you figure out a way to subtract from your post count, you're stuck up there.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

It might, it just might. Though I don't think it affects your post count number. Though I could be wrong. I am still just a newb.

I've been wanting to ask you Tante, do you keep only one window open at a time with Hatrack in it, or do you keep one open to keep track of whatever thread your posting at and the rest of the forum and one to compose your posts on?

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh... it's not late at all. 12:30 is nothing. Why, just last night I was up until 5 am and then got up at 11. I am a goddess among people.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Me too! Let's start a club!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

(and deleting my post did not turn back my post odometer) [Dont Know]
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

No, it's not that late, but is there another thread where we can talk about meaningless stuff and run up our respective post counts, while still operating under the premise of respectablitly? I think not. I've always thought this thread was a great idea and great fun, which is why I keep rescuing it from 3 or 4 pages back whenever I'm posting after midnight.
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still up...not really doing much productive...just relaxing and listening to some Journey.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in your boxes, all of you!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

eh hem Tante ... Not to say I toldya so ... but ...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still awake, trying to make some progress on my script.

Not meeting with much success.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

[Sleep] Ok, I'm actually going to bed now. I got a long day tomorrow ... or today, whichever way you want to look at it. Hopefully a good day, which I won't want to sleep through. Hopefully. Goodnight all, and listen for my prayers before I go to sleep Tante. [Wink]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Tante, I think we should start the goddess club on Hatrack. It would be exclusive, of course. We have to be careful as to who we let have goddess status.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Dr Strangelove, I was just teasing. [Kiss]

Evie, I am The AntiChrist and I have minions! I will smite thee down!

Or not. It might be more fun to keep you around. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

yeah, quid, I know. Does my ability to discern humor make me not a newb? Or is the mark of an oldtimer here the inability to discern humor? lol. sorry, that was below the belt.

So in other news, its quite possible I may be clinically insane. What started out as a great day turned into a crappy night involving me huddled in the corner of a bathroom, and then sitting watching my friends bowl while oddly enough unable to move my legs. And when I did regain control of my legs, my arms went, and started shaking uncontrollably. Not a good feeling, let me tell ya.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I am always up. At night. I work nights. :/
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I'm waiting to download WoW
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm up!

What are we all doing?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I am up, its not late yet.

I was thinking of getting WoW but I am not sure.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I'm 19 spots away from having the trial version.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I'm up and still wondering whether or not I am insane. My sister is planning on reporting my somewhat odd behaviour to my mom so she can make me a 'doctors' appointment. Dangable psych major that she is.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have a natural disturst of Psychologists.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
I'm 19 spots away from having the trial version.

Trial Version?

Dr Strangelove, why do you think your going insane all of a sudden? (May just be out of the loop)

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm knitting. [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I am working on Monday's comic.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm making lunch. I'm late. It should have been done 45 minutes ago.

On the other hand, it smells really really good. [Smile]

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

If I knew that I wouldn't be going insane, now would I? lol. Seriously I don't know, its pretty weird. I'm hoping it will not ever happen again. It won't if I have any control over it. I just hope I don't 'diagnosed' with anything. Really, I'm not insane. Maybe my veil of sanity is thinner than most peoples, but I'm still there.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

You can knit and type at the same time O.o
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Sanity in Canada is a legal condition, not a medical one. [Razz]
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Ok, I'm gonna go to bed. I've got a cake to bake and a girl to woo tomorrow ... errr ... today. Insanity or not, life must go on, eh?
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Yes, time stops for no man.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

VC: knit a row, type a bit - it all works out.

Plus, I was uploading photos to Yahoo! photos and it was taking a very long time. Knitting is a great way to spend waiting time.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I see, I guess thats easier then holding a needle in your mouth while you type.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I do that with comics, Cay. Color a while, then type. But of course, I hold the stylus in my mouth while I type.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I put down the knitting because I discovered that Farscape Peacekeeper Wars is on (SciFi Channel). I'm going to go watch it now.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Alright, I think its time I get some sleep. I mean come on how many months can a body go on 4-5 hours of sleep a night?
Evie3217
Member # 5426

I'm up, but not at my own chosing. Damn insomnia
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad's been doing 3-5 on an average night for about 5 years or so now. If that's any help. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

I think the best song to describe my situation is "Who needs Sleep?" by the Barenaked Ladies
quidscribis
Member # 5124

>_< I need sleep. [Angst] I really need sleep. I've had so many terrible nights of no sleep the last week...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
quid,

Have you tried fish oil?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.