FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Secret Santa... (Page 10)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dear Secret Santa...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, oh, gosh. *sigh* I'm sorry - but hey, you get to be the one who plays the longest. *hopeful*

breyerchic, I just sent you an e-mail to the gmail address. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I've replied, and that's cool with me.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I got a mail slip from the post office saying that they tried delivering it on the 31st (so that was either the 2nd try or it got lost in the system) so I just have to convince them to try to deliver it again now that I'm back in Provo.

It says it's a "large envelope, magazine, catalog, etc". *starts imagining what it could possibly be* [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
My magic beanstalk says "Adventures Await." I guess they gotta await until the beanstalk grows a bit taller.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
My package is in the office, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up, since I've become nocturnal. I should be able to get it tomorrow. So... YAY!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it!

Just to show my devotion to Hatrack and the Christmas spirit, I walked the ten or so blocks to the post office instead of waiting for them to try to bring it around again. I was so surprised to see the envelope was listed as being from Romania, who knew that I would be so cool as to get a foreign Secret Santa!

Corwin--thanks so much! I've always wanted to read "The Little Prince", and now I have my very own copy! I had my head stuck in it all during the walk home. The stamps on the envelope were way cool too. [Smile] Merry late Christmas!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yay!

I know that Tom's and Xav's are on their way. Anyone else still waiting?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
kat can I say that you are waiting for another gift?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I am?? Really? *delighted* [Smile] [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
As I said, I got my gift in Romania, and my parents managed to take it from the post office for me.

So... Thanks, Stray! [Smile]

I'm the proud owner of a Stray© scarf and also have (re)started my postcard collection with what I am told are some beautiful Indiana sceneries! My parents scanned and e-mailed me the greeting card that came with the package, and... kept the candies. Oh well, can't win'em all! :le sigh: [Big Grin]

sarcasticmuppet, I'm glad you like it! It's doubly foreign, "made in France" and sent from Romania. Lucky you! [Wink] Hmm, do I get to brag about having a foreign Secret Santa too? [Razz]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

And I just found out that I'll soon have my gifts here, since a friend of mine (from my hometown) is going to come back here to school in a couple of days! Yey! [The Wave]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I want some beautiful Indiana postcards [Wink] Hmm maybe I'll have to go find some (I am in Indiana after all).
Corwin
Member # 5705

Aaaargh, my friend apparently left just the day before the gift arrived. My parents got the dates mixed up and thought he was coming later. Oh well, maybe next time, whenever that will be.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Ludosti got me a set of She-Hulk comics that I'm missing out of my collection! And another one that looks interesting, but that I haven't read. HOORAY!!! Thank you!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
kojabu -- thanks for the Art Bars link! I found some in a store here in Charlottesville [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I got a secret santa gift [Smile] . Its always exciting getting packages, especially when you have no idea what's inside.

It appears to be a military or policeman's cap from what looks to be the Soviet Union. Its a very interesting present, but there's still a lot of mistery involved. I'm sure that an item like this has a story behind it, and I'm dying to know what it is.

And also still a mystery is the identity of my secret santa... I didn't find any sort of note as to who was the sender. Thank you to whoever it was [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It was MattB, and I'm pretty sure that's what he said it was. Soviet military cap.
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, I'm glad you got it, Xavier! There is indeed a story behind it, but I don't know what it is. I'll see if Matt can post it and let you know. [Smile]

Has everyone gotten a present, then? Everybody good?

I'm about to start the cookie exchange, and the first big move will be to move everyone's e-mails out of the inbox and into the archive. Due to an unfortunate tendency for us to keep giving the same people to each other, I think we'll keep the information to make sure things are shaken up a little next year. We won't do anything with the addresses - honestly, no one is even going to be looking at them for a year - but if that makes anyone uncomfortable, shoot an e-mail to HatrackGiftExchange and we'll try to figure out how to delete e-mails from Google Mail. [Smile]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
cookie exchange? What cookie exchange?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It's coming. [Smile] And there's chocolate involved.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Deleting gmails is easy.

Check the email(s). Choose the "Delete" button (the third one, after "Archive" and "Report Spam").

(If you want to be really thorough, go to Trash, check all, and choose "Delete Forever.")

Voila!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Cello!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bass viol!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Icky, it's Violcello! Ok I'll stop being snobby.
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear I've been summoned. [Smile]

Xav, it is indeed a Soviet army officer's hat. I wish I could say that it bears a terribly exciting story that involves my grandfather battling Communists and averting nuclear holocaust through clever use of the hat, but, unfortunately, he simply purchased it on the streets of Moscow about ten years ago. I guess the primary value of such Soviet equipment these days is whatever Western tourists pay for it.

Glad you like it. [Smile]

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
I hear I've been summoned.
Wow. Like a chaos demon. [Smile]

It's possible I've been watching too much Buffy lately.

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack, I somehow managed to miss Corwin's post saying he got the package (kinda sorta, anyway). I'm glad it arrived safely at your folks' house, even if you don't actually have the contents yet. I was gnashing my teeth over that the last few weeks, because I DID mail it in time for the original deadline (12/10), and the post office told me it would be 10-14 days to deliver...well, obviously it was a lot longer than that. But hey, it'll get sorted out eventually, and I hope you like the stuff! [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.