FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Secret Santa... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Dear Secret Santa...
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
So tell me about these li hing coated mango. Is the mango dried or pickled? I love the former, but I've been disappointed by the latter.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is from Coccinelle. Which I already knew, and has been hinted all over the place, but is absolutely wonderful.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I emailed it to Ludosti to go in my foobonic album.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So tell me about these li hing coated mango. Is the mango dried or pickled? I love the former, but I've been disappointed by the latter.
Li Hing Mango = dried slices of mango, rolled in li hing powder. If you like mango, I'm told this is much like a party in your mouth - a good party, not the kind where everyone ends up throwing up and fending off drunk frat boys.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So. Has mine been sent? *still curious*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No it hasn't KQ, your person said they emailed you this week.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Oh I'm sorry, misread, it has been sent, but very recently.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

My yarn!

Except this isn't all of it, this is one of each, and there were two of each, and I even missed one making it to the scanner.

Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon got me truffles, nipple tassels, and a thong!

I will not be posting pictures of me in just the thong...without compensation.

As for the tassels...well, I think I'll leave those on for a while. At least until I'm in the mood to lose some chest hair.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Even from the back? I don't think you'll take the same sort of bribe Kat wants, will you?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

O_O
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ero, you may not know that frisco has posted some pretty risque pictures in the past, and I believe there are trading cards sold of them.
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear . . . Frisco, am I mistaken or have you stuffed socks in your thong?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks even sillier without the socks.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

...excellent?

d O_O b

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco, that's lovely. Now, all that picture needs is some oil...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco just made my day.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think he made most people's day!
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco's pics are Peek approved.

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls over laughing*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- is so relieved Noeman didn't buy for me! [Angst]
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
maui babe, he wouldn't have gotten that for you. He's secretly in love with Eddie and wanted to see him in the thong and nipple tassels. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

it's a secret? [Wink]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
wanted to see him in the thong and nipple tassels
...wait, there are people who don't?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
omfg!!!! I may just have myself new wallpaper.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*blinking twice in astonishment*

*giggles*

*thinks Frisco reminds her of an old beau who wore her (mine)pink lingerie beautifully - however, he has far more tat's*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*wow - that's a hard act to follow!*

YAY!! *Tracy Jumps Up And Down in Excitement!*

I got a package!

From Jamie T (mackillian)!!!

(Ivygirl correctly guessed, long before I opened it, that it would be some photo of Jamie's that I liked -- and she was right!)

Mack gave a beautifully matted and framed, SIGNED personal edition of her wonderful photograph that I said in an earlier thread that I liked so much.

Linky to photo of mack's photo to me!

I LOVE this photo -- like I said it is so "Americana" and Norman Rockwell-ish to me.

Someday soon I'm going to remodel my bedroom and I plan on a totally monochrome (black and white) theme -- this is picture is SO getting a place of honor when that happens!

Thank you Thank you Thank you, Mack! And it is in such a beautiful frame and everything. I love it very very much.

Farmgirl (Tracy)

p.s. -- Ivygirl says to say thanks for the styrofoam peanuts and the bubble wrap -- great fun!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O

Thanks, Noemon.

Naughty, naughty Frisco.

Edit: Doesn't mack take the bestest pictures ever?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon-

Thanks! I hope you enjoy. The MST3k is a rare one (first season, before TV's Frank) but always one that made me laugh [Wink] It took a while to find the BBQ sauce; everyone wants to sell Hot & Spicy, I wanted to send something less brutal than that [Wink]

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooohh I got purtyfuls from the islands!!!!

Jennabean sent me a little porcelain jewelry box with painted plumeria on the lid, and a pair of gold dangle earrings with flowers set inside hearts. And for the entire family, a box of Hurricane Popcorn. This stuff sounds intriguing!

{{{{hugs Jenna}}}} Thank you, Hawaiian Santa!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Frisco [ROFL] Yep, you made my day, too! And Fahim thinks I'm nuts for looking at naughty pictures of you... [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I came home to two huge boxes on my front porch. Neither of them were from my Secret Santa. [Frown] But that's actually good, 'cause if someone had sent me something that big I would have felt really chintzy about what I sent. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
(I'm not involved in the secret santa thing, but I wanted to say thanks, Goody. We got your card! Warm fuzzies! [Big Grin] )
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
quote:
I wanted to send something less brutal
thanks. though my dad probably would have appreciated it. [Razz]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Blushing]

UPS said it wouldn't get there till Monday!

I'm really pleased that you like it. I was really worried that you wouldn't, not sure why. So...yeay! [Big Grin]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really wanting to get him a feather boa to go with the other items, but unfortunately it would have pushed the gift too far beyond the spending ceiling.

Just for the record, there aren't many people on the board I would have gotten a risque present for. If I know you really well and am sure that something like that would be taken in the spirit it was intended, you may get something risque from me. Everybody else, not so much.

If you post naked pictures of yourself frolicing on the beach, though, all bets are off.

So how are the truffles? I had a tough time not stealing one or two before wrapping up the tin.

[Edit--man, after a 17 hour day at work my ability to put together a coherent sentence is dramatically degraded, isn't it?]

[ December 17, 2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was really wanting to get him a feather boa to go with the other items
That would have been so cool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That is awesome. Thanks for posting the pics, Frisco, and thanks Noemon for sending him the stuff!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Someday soon I'm going to remodel my bedroom and I plan on a totally monochrome (black and white) theme -- this is picture is SO getting a place of honor when that happens!
Just . . . put it somewhere where he can't stare at you while you're in bed.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was in reference to Jamie's photo, not the ones of Frisco...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, I got my gift! Rob tried to get me not to open it till Christmas day, but that was never going to happen. I managed to wait till about 10 minutes ago!

Thank you, thank you, thankyouthankyouthankyou! It was briliant. The scarf looks gorgeous and is likely to be lovely and warm, and I love that it's hand made, and the chocolate looks and smells amazing. I haven't tried any of it yet, but I will tell you as soon as I do. I'm so chuffed that it arrived this early as well. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

I'm glad it made it, and so glad you like it! I was just thinking that it should make it today or Monday. And fie on waiting until Christmas day! [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what "chuffed" means in London..... [Dont Know]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoenix
Member # 8089

- posted      Profile for Phoenix   Email Phoenix         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to let Anna know, that I saw the pic you sent Karl with you wearing your favorite pair of earings. They look great on you! [Cool]
Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
"Chuffed" = happy. More usually seen as "dead chuffed" - meaning "very happy."
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tmservo:
Received mine today! Probably would have recieved earlier, but it was misdelivered to a neighbor. Received it this evening, thanks Plaid! A great collection of stuff [Smile] My wife & kids were very happy to quickly devour the chocolate bar, and we'll enjoy planting the Sunflowers [Smile]

Yay! Glad you got it... how's the book, have you read Daniel Pinkwater before?

(And glad that you opened it right away... I'm gonna wait to open mine on Xmas, but after I sent off tmservo's, I was hoping he wouldn't wait to open it, so that I could hear about it sooner!)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my gift today from kwsni...thanks so much! The bath powders smell so good; I know they'll be wonderful...thanks again!
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins* When I got home there was a box waiting for me on my desk. It was my present from Chreese Soup!

I got two big rolls of yarn, and "Radio Free Albemuth" by Philip K. Dick.

I've been meaning to read something by him forever, so now I have a perfect excuse to get started.

Thanks!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Shvester
Member # 8489

- posted      Profile for Son of Shvester   Email Son of Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Ketchup Princess,
I got it!
I had so much fun playing with the stretchy lizard and wathcing the slinky walking down stairs.
Also the chocolates are delicious.

thank you very much.

thank you

the friboy a.k.a son of schvester

Posts: 50 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, I so glad you liked what she got! For everyone else's edification, I'll post a paragraph from the letter I sent with it:

quote:
I hope you don’t mind that we let her choose your present herself, so it’s not exactly what you asked for. I explained that we were going to give a present to a boy, and what would she like to give him? She looked puzzled. I listed some possible gifts, such as toys, food, a drawing, a card, and asked again. Her choices were “choclal” (chocolate), “pay” (play=toys), and “dawr” (a drawing.) So we went shopping. She picked out the chocolate herself (after being steered toward the kosher chocolates.) She chose the slinky and the lizard (I said no to a very pink toy car, a bottle of blue tempera paint, a package of paper birthday plates with flowers and happy faces on them, and a package of craft pom-poms.) When we finally had her in a clean environment to draw in at a time when she wasn’t too tired, I asked her to draw you a picture, and she very carefully and happily drew the scribbles enclosed. (See the back for an explanation of the title.)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.