FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 21)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good golly, what doesn't he have behind the bar?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, excuse me. *takes a cell phone call*

Kid needs me (I have one that is having a hard time going to bed on her own).

I'll have to pass on that drink Tante, but thanks anyway. I'll see you two later.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think I'll just make us all a nice pot of tea, and we can all have some together.

Cream or lemon?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Cream for me
Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Enjoy!

I like sipping a nice cup of tea in front of the fireplace.

Just leave the dirty teacups in the sink for Advent. For some reason, he really enjoys washing and polishing them.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders in and grabs a cuppa*

I see the charades went smashingly. Good work on the guessing, all [Smile]

I'm going to make cookies - I'll see what I can do to bring some over.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
I will
*Sips tea and relaxes by the fire*
Ahhhhh

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oatmeal cookies?
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I need an Ammersmat, 6 kilos of Arsenic and a rabid monkey...Stat!
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

there's no bartender here right now
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I still need a rabid monkey and six kilos of Arsenic.

God I hate the metric system!

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

You may be in the wrong place for rabid monkeys and arsenic.

Can I interest you in a cup of tea?

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Splendiferous! Fantabulous! Good'o'riffic! Horrood! Fantabugood!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Well, enjoy.

Leave your dirty cup in the sink; Advent enjoys cleaning them.

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
[too much info]Tante, I can't have soup. I have a stomach bug. Bad stomach bug. And it's not coming out the top. [/too much info]

On a good note, I'm feeling much better. CSI was pretty good tonight. Sorry I can't stay long- I have school in the morning(TGIF), and I get up pretty early on Fridays to joi a friend of mine for a donut before class starts.

However, I'll just whip up a round of Milk and warm oatmeal cookies on me. And some chocolate chip cookies for those who don't like oatmeal.

*whips up milk and cookies*

Enjoy, all, see you tomorrow!

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Ahh chocholate chips
*TAkes a bite*
Ahh soft yet crispy
and perfect in milk
Yes

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Thanks, Tinros.

Stick to clear liquids until your symptoms have abated.

And avoid dairy for a couple of days after that.

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

do you want to contiue our game of charades
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Let's try a new game this time. Do you have any suggestions?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Hmmmmm
Nope i can't think of any and i'm going to sleep in a few minutes anyway so lets just enjoy the fire.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<tosses Geeky a comfy Afghan>

<snuggles up under own comfy Afghan>

[Sleep]

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

*takes afghan*

*GEts cozy*

[Sleep]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<awakens, stretches, rises>

Well, I'd better go home to shower and change and get ready for work.

You know, Advent, for someone who prides himself on the cleanliness of his glasses, you sure are accumulating quite a pile of dirty dishes in your bar sink.

B'bye!

String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
*walks in and eats some free breakfast.*
Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I've been eating breakfast for 2 hrs.

I'd better leave some for some other patrons.

*leaves tip on counter*

*tip reads: Don't get a third shift job, nobody is at the bar when you get out of work* [Razz]

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

*also comes in for the free breakfast*
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Good pastries - my compliments to the chef.

*leaves to teach the ignorant for yet another day*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
See, now this is why I need another assistant to watch my bar when I'm gone.

(HOLY MOTHER OF @#$! 21 pages! I figured I'd have to let my bar die after the first week! Thank you all for keeping my bar alive, especially you Tante)

I am so glad to see that my bar really has become a place where Hatrackers can get together and get to know one another. *overjoyed that plan worked*

Now, can I get anyone anything to eat or drink? *starts cleaning drinking glasses absent-mindedly*

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to have to take back off again so soon after finally returning, but I have a my best friend needs me to help him out with a problem. So until I come back, have a great day all of you.

Oh, and I have installed a cyborg bartender to cover for me today. SO if you need drinks he shall silently make them for you upon request.

Bye [Wave]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<Enters bar and peeks about to see who is around>

A cyborg bartender? What the...?

<Discretely slips wand, um, "thermometer", out of pocket, and vaguely gestures in the direction of the fake bartender. pockets "thermometer".>

Oh! He seems to be not functioning anyway.

<dons chef's hat and gets busy in the kitchen whipping up a light lunch. puts on the kettle to boil for tea.>

Let's see, are there any crumpets? Yes!

<sits at table, daintily places napkin in lap, and begins eating scrambled egg, sliced pear and buttered crumpet. Sips tea.>

Perfect! My compliments to the chef!

<giggles>

<shifty eyed glance around bar. wields "thermometer" and points in the direction of the fireplace>

Pyros!

<pockets "thermometer">

Lovely fire! My compliments to the fire-layer!

<giggles>

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tante. You seem to be in a good mood today with all that giggling.

*sits on braided rug on near the fire*
Ohh! That fire feels good on a chilly day like today.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

*Wakes up after another 17 hour sleep*
Ahh a nice sleep
Tante are you willing to make me some coffee

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Ohh! That fire feels good on a chilly day like today.
Doesn't it, though.

Can I offer you a cup of tea? Or something else? The cyborg bartender seems to be on the fritz.

Here's your coffee, Geek. Cream and sugar are at the end of the bar.

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Hi Geeky! I was wondering what that lump was in the corner. I'd offer to make you coffee but I've never made it before and I have a feeling that it wouldn't taste very good. I can make a mean cup of hot chocolate though.

Tante, you ought to have Advent give you a raise.

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

*grogely drinks coffee*
ahh that feels better
what a beautiful fire on a cold day like today

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh, I don't work here. I'm just the resident barfly. I seem to have made myself at home, though. I just leave the dirty dishes for Advent, so he has something to do when he drops by.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Let's have a show of hands.

How many Hatrackers have dropped in to see what in the world has kept this thread going for 21 whole pages, glanced through, and shook their heads in disgust at the obvious answer -- "Absolutely nothing!"

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

*stretches and yawns*

I guess it's time to head home and pick the kids up from school. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

*slowly walks to door*

See ya.

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got promoted...... drinks are on me!!
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

Tante, what'chu want
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

welp I'm off to a RL bar to celebrate!!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I've got to run, too, and make Shabbos. I'll take a raincheck on that drink, though, Ramdac.

<gestures vaguely on my way out the door>

Oh, and it looks as if the cyborg bartender is functonal, again.

B'bye, and Gut Shabbos!

Advent 115
Member # 8914

TANTE! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CYBORG BARTENDER?!

Did I forget to mention he overloads if customers try to flirt with him? .....Tante, you didn't?! Did you? [Confused]

Oh well, theres a butt load of money down the drain....

Hmm, why are there so manyt dirty glasses? *strats absent-mindedly cleaning drinking glasses*

I really wish I knew how my bar has lasted this long. What I really wish is that some of the "old guard" (aka long time Hatrackers) would come an visit my bar. But it seems like that ain't going to happen unless they want to tell me I'm doing something wrong.

*shoulders slump* *sigh* [Frown]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*listens to Green Day while cleaning tons of dirty drinking glasses*

I just realized something, didn't I forbid Tante from using that "theremometer in my bar? TANTE! Dang it!

*shakes head* Maybe I should just save myself the trouble of trying to punish her and just make her one of my assistants. After all she seems to help herself to enough of my drink selection when I am absent.

Tante, whether you like it or not you will now recieve a assistant bartender wage of $400 cyber-dollars an hour and have a new car of your choice. Your duties will require you intermentedly fix drinks, talk to customers, and test the comfort level of the new beds and couches. So get to work Tante, I want those beds tested ASAP.

Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have a Descolada Delight?

V-Day isn't that bad, unless you're like me- I broke my leg and was in a leg cast that went past my knee. But the guy I like was carrying my stuff [Big Grin]

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Can I have a Descolada Delight?

V-Day isn't that bad, unless you're like me- I broke my leg and was in a leg cast that went past my knee. But the guy I like was carrying my stuff [Big Grin]

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

*wanders back in*

Hey, when was the last time you looked at my member number? Sure, I'm no 10000+ post maniac, but I've been here forever, man.

Pass me something severely alcoholic so that I can forget about not being able to see Galactica tonight.

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Any way I could test those couches? [Big Grin]
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

*Wanders in*
Give me a Descolada Delight
and a Flashsuit freezer
the flavor doesn't matter

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here are your drinks everyone, enjoy. And welcome to the new and improved Giants Shadow Resort.

I also must appologize but I really have to get to class, bye.

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.