FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 4)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
#18 is To Kill a Mockingbird
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm just thrashing around, but hey, it's fun:

16: Bob Roberts? Primary Colors?
18: Road to Perdition?
19: Crimson Tide? Caine Mutiny?

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
10. Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby!

13. That’s a bad white boy, man.

I feel like both of these are from Bubba Ho Tep, but I'm probably wrong.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeniwren - 3 (9, 17, 20)
Seatarsprayan - 6 (1, 2, 5, 8, 11, 12)
SenojRetep - 2 (6, 7)
MrSquicky - 3 (10, 15,18)

The rest through MrSquicky's 12:39 post are wrong.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
16. I can say without fear of contradiction, that under no circumstances, and at no time has that current administration expended any public monies what so ever for the purchase of the fluffy flower print toilet paper. - Wag the Dog?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No on 16.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
#14 is Deep Blue Sea. (and was probably my 2nd favorite line in the movie)

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
#4 Benji Unleashed?
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

#16 Primary Colors?

edit: duh...I see now you already said it wasn't Primary colors...sorry bout that.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
19. Dick?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
#14 is Deep Blue Sea. (and was probably my 2nd favorite line in the movie)

--Enigmatic

Mine, too, but my favorite was too easy. [Big Grin]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No on 4, 16, and 19.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
13. Untouchables? I haven't seen that in forever, it's probably wrong, but I never get to this damned thing fast enough to even make a guess, wanna take a shot while I can.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Fog of War for #19.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
16 or 19 - Farenheit 9/11?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Jeniwren - 3 (9, 17, 20)
SenojRetep - 2 (6, 7)
Enigmatic - 1 (14)

Lyrhawn, please clarify which number you think is the untouchables.

All the rest through Vonk's 3:30 post are wrong.

Hints after dinner for any remaining.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops, not 13, I meant "3. Here endeth the lesson," for my Untouchables guess.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Good, that's correct.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
16 - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, right?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes on 16.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Is #4 from Goodfellas?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes on #4.

Jeniwren - 3 (9, 17, 20)
SenojRetep - 2 (6, 7)
Enigmatic - 1 (14)
Lyrhawn - 1 (3)
Evie3217 - 1 (16)
SteveRogers - 1 (4)

Only two to go, so Seatarsprayan will win, but those two should be doable.

Hint: one is a sports movie, and one has the best large ensamble cast of actors assembled in the 60s.

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
#11 is too general, since it's also a valid one from The Usual Suspects... but overall good taste in movies =p
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is:

#13 from Remember the Titans?

and

#19 from...(trying to think of ensemble casts from the 60's as hinted...)...from...The Great Escape?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes and yes.

Hints were too broad, I guess. Final scores

Jeniwren - 3 (9, 17, 20)
SteveRogers - 3 (4, 13, 19)
SenojRetep - 2 (6, 7)
Enigmatic - 1 (14)
Lyrhawn - 1 (3)
Evie3217 - 1 (16)

Seatarsprayan, you're up.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Actually, I was flying from the seat of my pants. I just guessed on #13.

I did have a bit of an idea about the other one. But the only sports movie I could think of was Titans. So, I threw it out.

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I missed this one! [Smile] That was a great list!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

My skills are mad, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next list.
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it would be easy coming up with 20 movie quotes, but a lot of my favourite lines from movies are exchanges of dialogue, instead of single quotes. But, here's what I came up with.

1. "You, who have known us all your life, you'd carry out this order?" --Fiddler on the Roof

2. "These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry." --Dark Star

3. "And put your tunic on!" --Zulu

4. "I guess she don't like the cornbread either." --Aliens

5. "Does the word 'duh' mean anything to you?" --Buffy the Vampire Slayer

6. "Iron may hold with her, but never lutes!" --The Taming of the Shrew

7. "If you refuse this offer, you will be the most ungrateful, wicked girl, and the angels will *weep* for you." --My Fair Lady

8. "You had a child with the new maid?!" --Oscar

9. "Whadda 'ya know... they're little footballs!" --Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

10. "Fish and game law clearly states it's unlawful to carry a live round of ammunition in the chamber of a shotgun or rifle in a vehicle… pig!" --Panther

11. "Whupped by a one-eyed white boy..." --Cadence

12. "You're saying... it's my fault the Earth is being destroyed?" --Flash Gordon

13. "Brilliant. Well done, thank you so much. Especially for shooting him right between the eyes so that it doesn't look like an accident." --Fierce Creatures

14. "See mommy picking the big lock? Someday, when you're a big girl, she'll teach you how to pick locks. Of course, she may still be picking this one." --Undercover Blues

15. "I know things about pigeons." --In the Line of Fire

16. "The burning is at last at hand. The day of doom is here; all that is evil, all their lies, your parents, your teachers, those who would call themselves your judges! Those who have lied and corrupted the Earth, they shall all be cleansed." --Conan the Barbarian

17. "They used to pull the hog out, and they used to *eat* it. You're hypocrites, all of you!" --Groundhog Day

18. "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" --Batman

19. "I enjoy collecting protection money, putting whores to work, loan-sharking. I enjoy planting bombs in people's cars. These are a few of my favorite things." --Johnny Dangerously

20. "Oh, my life is like death. My children are the spawn of hell, and you're the devil." --Overboard

Bonus: "Be good, be gone… or be dead." --Traxx

[ May 06, 2006, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Seatarsprayan ]

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#4 is from Aliens?

#7 is from My Fair Lady.

#12 is from Flash Gordon...(I know these ones!)

#18 is from Batman. (The original one I think...)

Is #17 from Groundhog Day?

#3 sounds like Monty Python...but I can't place my finger. It's either from Monty Python and the Holy Grail or the Life of Brian. Or it's not Monty Python.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

19. Johnny Dangerously
Dagonee
Member # 5818

14. Undercover Blues
Dagonee
Member # 5818

And 1 is a song from Fiddler on the Roof, right?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #9 from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective? (Decided to go ahead and specify which one.)
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
SteveRogers: Correct on 4, 7, 9, 12, 17, and 18.

For #3, you need to pick one movie and make a guess, not put down multiple movies to see if one of them is it. ;-)

However, to save you reposting, neither of those are right.

Dagonee, correct on 1, 14, 19.

Scores:
SteveRogers 6
Dagonee 3

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

I don't think either of these are right, but here goes:

#1 Master and Commander or Henry V?

jeniwren
Member # 2002

aargh. Nevermind. Neither of them were right. [Smile]
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

#1 is from Fiddler on the Roof, but it's not from a song. It's when Tevye is talking to the Constable.
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
11. Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

No on #11.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#3 is from Life of Brian.

Edit:

#6 sounds like Shakespeare...is it...Taming of the Shrew?

Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

Yes on 6, no on 3. I already said in an above post it wasn't Life of Brian (which I haven't even seen and don't plan to) or Holy Grail (which I love).

Scores:

SteveRogers 7
Dagonee 3

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

You didn't say it was wrong, you said that I needed to pick one.
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

Read the next line... :-)

Actually I guess that line was an afterthought, I should have edited the previous line when I changed my mind but I didn't. Sorry!

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
13 - The Stand
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
3- Zulu
5- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10- Super Troopers
16- Conan the Barbarian

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I don't know any of these.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#15 is from...In the Line of Fire?
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to be able to play this game but my verbal recognition skills are pathetic (let's just pretend I didn't write an English exam). I can't get any of these!

We need a screen-shots game for us visual learners.

[Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Is #2 Mr. Roberts with James Cagney?
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.