FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 13)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if your cousin is anything like my cousin, then the answer is yes.

What's the name of that dangly thing in the back of your throat?

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Your uvula.

What games should I get for my gamecube?

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Mario Kart: Double Dash. Sonic Adventure Two: Battle! Super Smash Bros: Melee. Mario Party. And if you like Sonic: Sonic Mega Collection.

Sonic or Mario?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Mario all the way.

What time did you get to bed last night/this morning?

Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
12:00 AM

What time did you wake up?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
6:30 am

Where did you go today?

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I got out of bed and went downstairs. [Smile]

What are you trying to accomplish this week?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Not getting fired. It is turning out harder than I thought.

What is your favorite thing to do at the beach?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Chase waves and be chased by waves.

Why do you suppose my cat bit me?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably because you were toying with it a little too much.

When you were in high school, did you ever have a healthy acquaintance with someone that died unexpectedly?

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Two students died senior year, not unexpectedly- one I didn't know (and wouldn't have been friends with, if truth be told) died of cancer, another was an acquaintance who I knew mostly from CCD; he died of MD.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever baked your own bread from scratch?
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. In my first year in an apartment rather than a dorm last year, I made pretzels (may not count) and challah (definitely counts). Braided and everything! The pretzels came out better.

Out of the following MMOs, which do you prefer: City of Heroes/Villains, Eve Online, Everquest, Dungeons & Dragons Online, World of Warcraft?

Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW for sure

What was the last movie you saw at the theater?

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
The Lake House. Interesting time line(s). [Wink]

How much do you NEED religion?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leroy
Member # 9533

- posted      Profile for Leroy   Email Leroy         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, some days more than others.

How mad do you get when a restaurant screws up your order?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

Not very, I used to wait tables. Accidents happen.

What is your favorite restaurant?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hometown Buffet. Or China Buffet. Or...any kind of restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Who are you? Really, I want to know.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Trust me. You really don't.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really pay attention to the inner thoughts of chickens. No clue.

Who is your favorite animator?

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Jhonen Vasquez, if i understand the question correctly.

What is your all time favorite movie quote?

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"Do? It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it"

If you were to pick a "second choice" religion, what would you pick instead of the one you have now?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

For me, there is no “second choice”. I didn’t choose “my religion”, it (still) has to choose me. Let me explain: First of all I rejected (early on) the religion that the society around me tried to impose me (it was “defective” considering what I knew at the time about the Universe). Then, I analysed the Universe around, deeper and deeper, and perfected my personal view of it. From “morality” and “truth” to “my purpose in this world” and “where I come from / where I go”. THEN, the religions that I knew about could or couldn’t “speak true” to me. So if there would be a “first choice” it would be the only choice (There is only ONE TRUTH out there [Wink] ) . Yet, this is an atheist talking so the present result is that no religion (that I know of) has chosen me yet. So while my personal system of beliefs also plays for me the role of “a religion”, it is not one by the classical definition of the term (e.g. it is not “you have to pray” kind of religion).

A.

If you were to pick a "second choice" religion, what (and why) would you pick instead of the one you have now?

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a really good question. I am a Christian and I have always been intrigued by the beliefs of Jews and more recently Mormons. I am not sure I would choose to follow either of those though (I like coffee and bacon and I just don't think God cares if I consume either one). I guess I am going to cop out and say I wouldn't be able to choose for the same reason as above. My religion chose me, not the other way around.

What is the best over-the-counter cough medicene for a phlegmy cough?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

I like Mucinex because you get to hack up huge gobs of gooey green grossness. It is a little pricier than the competition though.

If your job put you on a probationary period of 1 month based on what you feel to be flaws in your boss, not your job performance, what would you do?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaminari
Member # 9622

- posted      Profile for kaminari   Email kaminari         Edit/Delete Post 
STOP SELLING CRACK.

If I kicked you in the balls, and/or vagina, what onomatopoeia would come out of your mouth?

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaminari
Member # 9622

quote:
Originally posted by kidyanna:
Jhonen Vasquez, if i understand the question correctly.

Amen
Posts: 97 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

Ow.

Have you tried broccoli with peanut butter?

kaminari
Member # 9622

No, sounds terrible.

What's the last beverage you consumed in which the ice had already melted?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Iced coffee

Ought I to invite Dick Cheney to my house for Passover Seder?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, as long as he leaves his shotgun home.

Are you for or against cilantro?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaminari
Member # 9622

Cilantro is the bastard son of Basil...But I LOVE it. We don't have any in Japan. Sucks.

What's the first word that comes to mind when I say: hooligan?

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Lawn. Like, get off my lawn! *shakes fist*

Why aren't I asleep?

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Because you knew I'd be coming online. [Wink]

What am I going to do today?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Same thing as you do everyday -- watch too much "Pinky and the Brain".

Even if you were opposed to bioengineered, genetically manipulated foods, if the apples were tastier and cheaper, would you buy them anyway?

vonk
Member # 9027

If it were tastier and cheaper I'd eat soylent apples. If it were tastier and cheaper I'd eat pretty much anything.

If your life were a Goosebumps Choose Your Own Adventure book, would you pick the obviously safe way that probably won't turn out to be safe at all, or the risky dangerous path that may actually lead to you not dying?

MandyM
Member # 8375

Goosebumps books suck. I would pick whichever is the shortest path since it (the event, not my life) would be over faster, safe or not.

Why did I have to catch this darned cold on my last week home for summer break?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Because it was obviously more chilly than you expected.

Am I only trying to prove to myself that I'm not like everybody else?

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

perhaps, but if you are cool with it then so am I.

Are sports really better in Hi-Def or am I just fooling myself to justify the cost of the HDTV monitor.

citadel
Member # 8367

- posted      Profile for citadel   Email citadel         Edit/Delete Post 
You are fooling yourself, unless you have a huge screen.

For what purpose do we diet?

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Because it might make us happier

Why are people so stubborn?

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
because if we weren't, we'd all be crustaceans (spineless)

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (man, that's even hard to type)

edit: with the question this time!

Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaminari
Member # 9622

Asmuchwoodasawoodchuckcouldifawoodchuckcouldchuckwood.

Sally sells seashells on the seashore. Is Sally's investment portfolio diversified enough?

Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

She should surely seek some secondary sources, since several strange sea snakes sang silly songs, scolding stupid sailors, so secretive sales-representatives started stalking Sally, sharing sickening stories starring suicidal salesmen, scaring Sally, so she'd sign some sinister settlement.

Did that reply make any sense at all? And if it didn't, why did I spend so much time compiling it?

suminonA
Member # 8757

It does, at least in part. You just wanted to give an "all s" reply as long as possible, so by the end of the phrase you spent more time looking for ways to make it longer than paying attention to its actual "sense".

If you could ask me a question that I had to actually answer, what would it be?

MandyM
Member # 8375

What does your screen name mean?

Who do you think will win on this season's Project Runway?

johnsonweed
Member # 8114

I've never even heard of it.

Are you having fun with this thread?

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya

What music do u listen to?

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
None. Really.

Why do I feel really icky right now?

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't posted enough today.

Do you like the movie RENT ? Explain.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.