FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ask the next person anything :) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Ask the next person anything :)
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Pick my nose and eat it.

Does that disturb you?

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
No, this is the internet. Very little here can disturb me.

Are you high-maintenance?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
only when it comes to what I like.

is drinking Vodka trendy?

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of that, but I don't drink.

What can I do to make myself sleep later than 730AM on a weekend? [Frown] I get up for work at 630 on weekdays.

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Inhale lavender. Apparently, it really works.

Why did Kurt Cobain kill himself?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen his wife?

Why would he name his kid after a legume?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
He was an Ender's Shadow fan.

Do you think my place is tidy enough for the 35 uncles, aunts and cousins who are descending on it tomorrow for lunch?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
At 3 in the morning, I think it'll have to do.

Why can't I get to sleep?

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I'm studying for my two Monday finals and you have sympathy insomnia.

What was the title of the last essay, article, novel, or short story that you wrote?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Does the 3 page letter I wrote to the superientendent of my district count? It was as long as a short story. If it had a title it would be, "Why We Need a New Principal"

What is something you can't live without today that you hadn't even heard of 10 years ago? (Besides Hatrack of course!)

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My Inferior Vena Cava Filter (it helps me keep deadly blood clots out of my lungs).

What is your favorite holiday, and why?

(For me it is Passover, because the preparations are terrifically time-consuming, difficult, and strenuous, and I am SOOOO glad when Passover begins because that means that the preparations are finally over. Also, we get a whole bunch of family together, and I am lucky enough to get along just fine with my family)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
The 4th of July, without a doubt. There's a fantastic little parade in our town- we know many of the people, so we're always there to wave and spray them with hoses/squirt guns/ water balloons. Afterwards loads and loads of people come to our house for lots of food and tubing, skiing and swimming. About 9:30 that night the lake puts on a fireworks show. There is no such thing as a bad seat there. My uncle puts on a pre-fireworks fireworks show and usually sets the trees on fire.

And, wouldn't you know, I'm going to miss it this year.

What is your preferred writing instrument?

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
A mechanical pencil with a finger rest...yum, good luck!

What is your opinion of smoked beans? Love or no?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

You mean like baked beans with the brown sugary sauce? I am not sure if that is what you call smoked beans but if so, I hate them. I have always hated them, even as a child. Give me any other kind of bean including lima and I am there but no sweet beans.

What is your favorite bean (the eatin' kind)?

Solo Wing Pixy
Member # 9489

- posted      Profile for Solo Wing Pixy   Email Solo Wing Pixy         Edit/Delete Post 
Pinto Bean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beans#Types_of_beans

Who knew there were so many types?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Not me!

Why I'm I looking at Colleges when I'm still in Middle School?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
My mom is Cuban so I was raised on rice and black beans. So black beans. Though I've always enjoyed baked beans. But my mom makes incredible black beans. They'll be nostalgia for me for the rest of my life.

What's the most exciting thing that's happened to you in the past couple few weeks?

Edit: Wow I officially have the slowest computer in the history of the world. And I'm a slow typer. Wow.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeesh: Because you're obviously a genius.
Gaal: My band played a gig in front of hundreds of people. [Cool]

Does your family's flatulence perturb you?

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a bit, actually. If only they still had that fire within them --!

What do slugs have to do, have to do with it?

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

I'm a toad. If you're looking for a slug, see my cousin Slugbob.

Do you approve of the Peek?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

No.

Why is every Driver's Ed teacher so incredibly boring?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Because they spend their day trying not to get a ticket. (Irony, it's hard to bear)

Am I cool?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That depends entirely on the current temperature in your immediate locale.

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Edit (Belle beat me and asked the same question):

I prefer a mutant combination of the two.

Why did I finally get into the book Lost Boys after attempting to read it five times before and stopping?

Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
Your name sounds kinda cool in a shoulder-shrugging-I-don't-care way, Ender reference aside.

Why do people blog?

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they yearn to be popular and loved.

Do you blog?

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
(new member, hello) I do not. I have no misconceptions about the fact that nobody cares about the daily minutae of my life.

Since losing your virginity, what's the longest you've gone without having sex?

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
16 years.

Did Yeats write any sonnets?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

"Leda And The Swan" is a sonnet.

What do you wish you could change about yourself to make yourself more likable?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gender. [Razz]

How many Englishmen does it take to reconstruct a powerhouse?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I don't know.

How many?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

None. They'd rather curse the darkness.

(Variation on lightbulb jokes.)

crescentsss
Member # 9494

- posted      Profile for crescentsss   Email crescentsss         Edit/Delete Post 
Six. 'cause i said so. :-P

Why do Croatia's soccer jerseys resemble a chess board?

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Because you prefer chess to your BF's soccer?

How come Australia beat Japan so strikingly, 3-1 in 6 minutes? :-P

AND WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER FOR THE ASHES?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Because they play kangaroos in Australia.
Because life's funny that way.

What (besides Dew) is the meaning of life?

human_2.0
Member # 6006

To blog.

If you could be one of 3 people, who would you be: Bill Gates, an unknown poor person in a 3rd world country, or you?

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

An Unknown Poor Person in a 3rd World Country

Why did I finally get into the book Lost Boys after attempting to read it five times before and stopping?

MandyM
Member # 8375

Because the cover is so cool.

Why am I so tired?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Because you've been answering everyone else's pointless questions.

Is Dave Grohl insulting and ripping off Nirvana

or

continuing their legacy and rocking out as he does it?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
edit...well crud! Airman4 deleted his post.

curses, foiled again!

I got nothin.

go away.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I don't know.

What is the best pizza topping?

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Lepperoni

Who, if anyone, would you most like to insult to their face?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Rasheed Wallace. Assuming I have a million bodyguards with me.

What is the most overrated thing in the world? (Could be anything, doesn't even have to be an object)

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

Money

What is bankruptcy?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
proceedings under the Bankruptcy Act whereby the property of an insolvent person is taken over by a receiver or a trustee for distribution among the bankrupt's creditors, and by which the bankrupt is relieved of the unpaid balance of liabilities.

Would you rather live in a terrific house in a not-so-terrific neighborhood, or a not-so-terrific house in a terrific neighborhood? Why?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take the terrific house. I like terrific houses and I've been surprised by how great a not-so-terrific neighborhood can be.

How come I never make money selling real estate?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad timing, lack of connections, and bad luck.

What are you waiting for?

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
The people outside to stop smoking and yelling.

What's the best way to get rid of pet hair?

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Nair.

What time do you typically eat supper, and how long after that do you go to bed?

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
7 pm and 4 or 5 hours

If you saw a penny lying on the street, would you bother picking it up?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.