FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 14)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. <grin>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Make your own ferrofluid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQh1AT6qUE

And the sequel, where he drops a magnet into the ferrofluid. The effect is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7pRfM2pZk

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Evolved Virtual Creatures, Evolution Simulation by Karl Sims, 1994

You can go here to download a similar program that will allow you to evolve your own creatures.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
BBC News Story on How to Report a News Story
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Japanese Fiddler on the Roof
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Demon sheep!
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
Burn!
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

A Brief History of Everything: The Flipbook
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by anonymous:
The first of three songs about United Airlines breaking this artist's guitar: United Breaks Guitars

Song #2

Song #3 (just released)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
A Brief History of Everything: The Flipbook

The Monty Python reference at the very end was the best thing ever.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
My Acapella group covering Matisyahu's "One Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLDl8fbJx0I

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That was really good.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
quote:
That was really good.
Thanks!
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Law Abiding Engineer
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Master of Business Card Throwing
Lisa
Member # 8384

Charlie the Unicorn
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Chinese boy sings Whitney
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Charlie the Unicorn

This has been around for years, and I still don't see why people like it so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
Chinese boy sings Whitney

This, however, was pretty impressive.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. He sounds better now that Whitney herself does.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

I just about died laughing the first time I saw Charlie. <shrug> The 2nd and 3rd were mostly unnecessary though.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The leopluredon and the organ theft were funny, but the rest of it made me want to gouge my eyes out and stuff cotton into my ears to deaden the sound.

I guess I just don't have the right sense of humor.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I think my favorite is the third Charlie. Neither the second nor the third are any more "unnecessary" than the first, (given that there was nothing strictly "necessary" about the first one at all).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCCkfjPm0o&feature=related

(You can kinda skip the song at the end, but I think the rest is significantly funnier than the first)

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Once I was just expecting random crap to happen it sort of lost its ability to surprise me, even though I couldn't predict precisely which random thing would happen.

I feel pretty similarly about Aqua Teen Hunger Force, though it definitely has its moments.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Pixels

I almost started a new thread just for this one. Seriously, from about 45 seconds in, I was sitting there with my mouth open and my eyes wide and I felt like a kid again.

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

That was awesome, Lisa. [Big Grin]
Armoth
Member # 4752

Trailer For Every Oscar-Winning Movie Ever
Mucus
Member # 9735

Chinese Lady Gaga - Pokerface (王祖藍 ; Wong Cho Lam)
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Charlie the Unicorn is so awful and un-funny.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Bah. (I will again note that I didn't think the first charlie was anything special, but that the second and third were pretty hilarious. If you thought the first one was dumb EXCEPT for the leopluridon((sp?) then you'll probably like the latter two much better. If you didn't even think the magical leopluridon was funny then there is no helping you).

On another note (cross posted from the Star Wars thread):

George Lucas in Love

[ April 13, 2010, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Raymond Arnold ]

Lisa
Member # 8384

Tea Party Anthem!
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
What if Juliet (of Romeo and Juliet) had had a Sassy Gay Friend*?

*approved and recommended by my own sassy gay friend. [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Pixels

I almost started a new thread just for this one. Seriously, from about 45 seconds in, I was sitting there with my mouth open and my eyes wide and I felt like a kid again.

It was removed. [Frown] What was it?
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
It was an animated, pixelated homage to old video games. Very cool. Pixels
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
So your car is toodling along down the road at 200mph when ya notice a turn up ahead.
Naturally ya hit the brakes to slow for the curve, and...

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
Trailer For Every Oscar-Winning Movie Ever

That reminded me of this:
Title of the Song

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Which in turn reminds of:

The most generic newscast ever

Armoth
Member # 4752

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
Which in turn reminds of:

The most generic newscast ever

Loved that one
Armoth
Member # 4752

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2F2iBVOvo&playnext_from=TL&videos=XUGANW4r7g4

Classical cover of Lady Gaga + Beyonce's Telephone. Blew me away...

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
The song has a really good progression, but it was just repetition the entire time with little variation. I like Pachelbel's Canon in D Major as much as anybody else, but I feel like telephone has decent singing, but a boring musical background.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Great baseball play (off league)

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Lin Yu Chun And William Shatner "Total Eclipse of the Heart" Duet- "Lopez Tonight"
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa that was freakin' hilarious! Shatner cracks me up.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

First time I saw him do one of those was when I was in high school, I think. Back in the 70s, on some star search show.

Nope, according to Wikipedia, it was at the 1978 Saturn Awards. Here's a clip, fuzzy as it is.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm impressed that the kid successfully performed without having Shatner totally distract him and throw him off. As it was, that was hilarious. I love Shatner.

In other news, George Lopez still has a show?

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Holy crap that dude's 24. I was guessing middle teens. I wonder if that's intentional.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I'm impressed that the kid successfully performed without having Shatner totally distract him and throw him off. As it was, that was hilarious. I love Shatner.

I'll tell you, they actually had some chemistry there.

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
In other news, George Lopez still has a show?

Yep. As I understand it, he's getting pushed back an hour to make room for Conan.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Okay, it isn't YouTube, but it's visual and it's cool.

link

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo learns that it's unwise to make fun of the celebrity status of Ricky Gervais.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

A one room apt turns into 24 rooms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak&feature=player_embedded#

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

That apartment is pretty amazing!
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.