FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your Stargate News Center - Stargate SG1 Side Note (Page 8)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Your Stargate News Center - Stargate SG1 Side Note
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for the Ultimate Boxed Set of SG-1. Maybe by the time it comes out I'll be able to afford it. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
By the time that comes out I'll probably be wasting my money by buying all the thinpak sets because my collection is a mix of the big boxed sets and the little thinpaks and it's driving be insane (I'm a LITTLE OCD about stuff like that).

At which point, I'll sell you my giant boxed sets, Seasons 1-8, if you want them, for like $10 each.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
But I won't want them. [Razz]

No, just kidding, I'll hold you to that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Okay, first off, David Hewlett's independent movie A Dog's Breakfast(with Paul McGillion, Rachel Luttrell, Chris Judge and Kate Hewlett [Smile] ) is on pre-order right now at Amazon. It's about $20, and amazingly has cracked the top 20 in sales. Pretty good for a movie that only SG1 fans have probably heard of in any real numbers. It comes out in late September, so you have plenty of time to save up for it.

Some of you may remember the discussion we had here awhile back about "Unending" and the rather vehement words that Daniel spoke to Vala before they got together. Michael Shanks let us in on his thought process for the scene here:

quote:
"He understands the animal that she is," Shanks said of that particular scene. "There's always been this underlining, keeping her at arms length because of the fear of getting too close. ... But they've never dealt with each other in a head-on kind of way. We've never seen her truly vulnerable to Daniel, and we've never seen him be absolutely truthful and direct in terms of is own baggage that he carries in relationships, as well as what she represents to him."

Why was Daniel so mean to Vala in the scene? "I think that there's an innate testing that's going on through the course of that, and he's expecting a certain response," Shanks continued. "He's expecting a more sort of playful, more sort of 'How dare you' [response]. He's expecting her walls to go up, because it's almost like a poker match. He's waiting to see if she's going to be vulnerable first before he is -- and because she's so vulnerable, and he didn't expect it, that we see that resolution, that turn around with him.

Shanks has also said that he feels they went out on a good note. He's also said about sixteen dozen times that they are ready to move forward. I think he's happy with the end and wants to get on with his career. I guess it wouldn't be a big surprise to see him come back for a guest role on Atlantis or something, but I think he wants away from SG for awhile.

A little blurb about the SG1 S10 DVD

quote:
On the Stargate SG-1 front, FOX tells us that Stargate SG-1: The Complete Tenth Season (coming July 24 - pre-order) will come in special metallic foil packaging with a three-dimensional, embossed Stargate. The company wanted to do something special to mark the end of television's longest-running cable drama.
You can also view the cover art for S3 of SGA here. It's currently going for $33 on Amazon, and has a number of special features.

MGM is asking for fan participation for a DVD special for the S10 DVD of SG1. If you go here. you can ask ANYTHING you want about SG1. I think the questions will be answered for the DVD special. What have you guys always wanted to know?

Bad news (and good news) about the direct to DVD movies. Ark of Truth, and likewise it's companion Continuum have for sure been pushed to 2008, somewhere in the winter it looks like. Ark of Truth especially is pretty heavy on the special effects, and it looks like post-production is taking a lot longer than they thought it would. On the bright side, rumors are cirulating all over the place, including Michael Shanks' blog, that the studio is already talking about making more than these first two movies, and that they still hope to make two movies a year for however long they can get away with it. Shanks said to keep your fingers crossed, so maybe he's more into it than he's made it sound in the past.

Now some, well, interesting news. As I said before, SGA will start it's fourth season this fall, which is a first for Stargate. Traditionally it has been a summer show that starts in June/July and runs to December or so. But this will be the first time that Stargate has to play with the big boys on the networks, and no one knows what that might do for the ratings. I think they should almost wait until January and then pair it up with BSG for a big knock out punch night. BSG is the most watched show on all cable TV, dovetailing SGA on there can't hurt. There's also some talk that the studio might be looking at the first bit of ratings for Season 4, which is good, because S3 ratings haven't been stellar, but we'll have a word almost immediately in the Fall on whether or not S5 is a go. The producers of SGA are 99% positive they will have a fifth season to work with.

Amanda Tapping is reportedly very excited to be working on SGA, and she seems to be fitting in fairly well. I've seen some screen shots of her in her SGA uniform, and I was surprised, she really does look different (maybe a little younger too), but then after ten years of seeing her wear the same army uniform, it's no surprise.

Brad Wright had this to say concerning the third SG series, currently in development

quote:
In the new show, now in preliminary stages, “we figure out what the ninth chevron is for, and it sends us somewhere very interesting,” Wright says.

Will it send us there with anyone we’ve seen before?

“It’ll be by and large a new cast, but whether or not a familiar face is in there is to be decided.”

I can't imagine who it would be at this point.

And the last little bit, from Joe Mallozzi's blog on upcoming SGA episodes:

quote:
Ben writes: “Any plans for a "Future" episode of Atlantis, akin to SG1's "2010"? A kind of "What if?" episode, those are always interesting.”

Answer: Heh. Funny you should say that…

I can't believe it took four seasons to get to a future "what if" episode.

That's all for today, but then, it was quite a bit. I still eagerly await more details on SG3 and on SGA S4.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Season 6 is the Jonas season, and it's the best so far (I have one more episode in season 6 to watch).

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I'll wait until you've finished the series before we chat about it again.
But we'll talk again when you finish, maybe seeing the whole thing in retrospect will give you a different view.

Your wish is granted. I finished season 10 this morning. I really enjoyed the
finale, BTW. Definitely an above-average series finale.

While I was watching it, I thought that season 6 was my favorite. But when I
look at it from a little further back, I no longer feel that way. Seasons 4-7
are all fantastic. Although I was annoyed that they dumped Jonas Quin just to
bring back Shanks, who was frikkin dead, I loved season 7. And I've got to say, I like Jackson more now then I ever did before he ascended.

Season 8 was weak. While there were many fun moments with General O'Neil, it
really didn't work. They should have gotten a real general, and a new teammate.

Seasons 9 and 10 were basically a new series, as far as I'm concerned. I didn't
care about the fight against the Orai until the whole show was wrapping up,
which was disappointing. I was never convinced that it made sense to let Vala
be a member of SG1, and I never cared much about the new general nor his family problems.

While there were great moments during those last three seasons (I really
enjoyed watching O'Neil and Pryor Jackson argue again, just like old times, and
episode 200 was a hoot and a half), I think the series would have been better if
it had ended with season 7.

But then, I think that Buffy would have been better if it had ended with season
5. I'm a stick-in-the-mud that way.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

mph -

You're a Buffy fan? What city do you live in?

To everyone else -

There isn't much news out there. We're sort of in the doldrums. Half the crew is making S4 of Atlantis, and the other half the crew is trying hard to finish up the movies. But somewhere in there the third series keeps rearing its head:

Interview with producer Richard Cooper:

quote:
GW: Is there any news on the third series yet? Have there been any developments? I know you guys are obviously busy doing other things.

RCC: Brad and I have written up basically a one-page document that outlines the concept and the characters for the series. That's being used as a sales document to put together the financing. It is definitely very, very high on the agenda of things for MGM to get going. They're asking us. Basically, MGM is saying to Brad and I, "When can you have it ready? When can you physically, actually write the script and start production?" These things take time. They aren't just born and grow on their own, unfortunately.

And we're kind of busy right now. That's really the big problem. Brad and I are very much in the world of Ark of Truth and Continuum. Our intention is, when we're done [with] that, in mid-June [2007], to jump on a script for the pilot of the third series.

In [the] typical Stargate world, it's not really a pilot. It's a premiere. We generally sell and proceed with a full season of television. The real question is: "How is it going to get to viewers?" And the answer to that is unclear at the moment.

GW: That's a big question.

RCC: Yeah. And it's not so much a problem as it is a choice for MGM at this point. It's not like they're scrounging around to try and find someone to take it. It's more what makes the most sense going forward into the new age of content distribution, shall we say.

GW: Would the new series, content-wise, have anything to do with the events of "Unending?"

RCC: No.

GW: Because a lot of fans are wondering, "Hmm ... a space-age Stargate story, perhaps?" After all, the Asgard technology has basically been handed to us on a silver platter.

RCC: You know, that may factor in in a small way. What I can tell you about the third Stargate series, conceptually as we've conceived it, is that it is a completely separate, third entity. Much more so than Atlantis was. Atlantis was much more of a spin-off series of SG-1. It was born out of SG-1.

The idea for this -- this is going to sound like a broken record -- but it started as a movie idea. We originally were sitting around talking about this. We were trying to come up with ideas for a Stargate feature. Not an SG-1 feature or an Atlantis feature, but a feature that would fit into the Stargate franchise that we feel we've created. Because the studio, if they're going to spend whatever X millions of dollars on a movie, it needs to appeal to a broad audience. Maybe even a bigger audience than is loyal to the show.

Although mathematically, if everyone around the world who watched the show went to the movie, it would be a tremendous success! Still, the studio is thinking bigger. And I think we were thinking bigger too. We were thinking, "How do we create a third arm to the franchise that is very connective, and that fans will feel is born out of the material that has come before, but at the same time is very-much something that stands alone?"

So when it became clear that a third series was a more realistic possibility at this point, from the studio's standpoint, we figured out how to tweak that idea and give it a little more legs than it would have had as a one-off story. We always, in the back of our minds, even in coming up with that concept, felt it could launch a third series. The idea was we do this big movie and then use that to launch the series. But now that story has become the core idea for the new show.

GW: Is it separated from SG-1/Atlantis to the degree where there might not be cross-over? It's maybe even set in a different era?

RCC: No. I'm not a big fan of prequels. I don't think that really works and I don't understand people who do think that works.

One of the things that we love about Stargate is that it's us. It's our military. It's our scientists. It's our people. And we're going out into the galaxy and the universe to discover all the wonders that are out there, and dealing with our own limitations versus things that are far more advanced to us. That's identifiable. It's what we deal with every day in terms of medicine and science and astrophysics. We're just babies. We would always want to maintain that in anything that was Stargate-related.

It certainly plays into mythology that's been pre-established, but it doesn't directly relate to anything that has been in either series, SG-1 or Atlantis.

GW: Does it have a working title at all that you can share?

RCC: I guess there's no harm in talking about the working title. It is just a working title. "Stargate Universe."

More news to follow on Stargate Universe in the coming weeks, I'll let you guys know as I hear it. Even this interview doesn't tell us that much more, but I guess we won't hear more until August or so when Cooper and Brad Wright actually start writing scripts. I think we'll see it premiere either in the Summer of 08 or that Fall with S5 of Atlantis.

[ July 08, 2007, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... how in the hell are they gonna make a Stargate show that has what they say they want it to have, that is consistent with the Stargate universe... and yet doesn't connect to Atlantis or SG-1?
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
mph -

You're a Buffy fan? What city do you live in?

Yeah, I'm a Buffy fan. Why do you ask?

Dallas. Why do you ask?

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[edited: Color me slow. [Embarrassed] ]

[ July 09, 2007, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
Ok... how in the hell are they gonna make a Stargate show that has what they say they want it to have, that is consistent with the Stargate universe... and yet doesn't connect to Atlantis or SG-1?

Voyager and DS9 weren't shows in the traditional Star Trek sense, but both were successful, and in the cast of DS9, some of the best sci-fi to that point and until now.

There's still a lot of universe to be discovered out there.

Mph -

Well if you're a fan specifically of the episode "Once More With Feeling" I thought this might interest you. I went to the Detroit show and I had a blast. It was seriously the most fun I've had at the movies in ages, and the crowd was awesome and a riot. If you check the upcoming shows section, they are planning a show in Dallas in the Fall, should you be interested in going. It's maybe two hours long including the actual episode. I can give you a bigger description of what it is if you have questions beyond what the link answers and you are interested.

Alcon
Member # 6645

Yeah, but Stargate isn't like Star Trek in the sense that there are a bunch of different ships out there, so they can just go with a different ship or station. And he gave me the impression that they're gonna be sticking to roughly the same time period. Pretty much anything they choose with the Taur'ri as the protagonists is going to have SG-1/Atlantis cross over...
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Lyrhawn -- when you asked what city I live in, I assumed that you already knew that I live in Oregon.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh my bad, it totally slipped my mind when I asked. I'm extremely absent minded sometimes (sometimes?). [Blushing]

Forget I said anything!

Alcon -

There are at least three Earth ships out there, the Odyssey, Daedelus and Apollo, and we have multiple bases out there in the Alpha, Beta and Gamma sites, so say nothing of mining operations and research stations.

Probably what I think might happen will be that it'll be another SG team, maybe even based at the SGC on Earth, but we won't see any of the other characters, except maybe cameos from General Landry and the occasional SG1 character. Just because it is still set, even part time, at Cheyenne Mountain (if it is), doesn't mean that it's still based off of SG1. Atlantis was a direct spin-off of SG1 one, using themes and material derived directly from the first show. SGU will be its own thing within the SG verse.

Alcon
Member # 6645

See now, I'd still call that a spin off. Cause if your gonna connect it right, you're at the very least gonna have to refer to some of the events of Atlantis and SG-1. And you're still using the material directly set up by SG-1.

Personally I think a show like that would be awesome. I just can't figure why they're claiming it wouldn't be a spin off or another cross over. That doesn't make sense to me.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Might just be a terminology issue then. I'm not entirely sure where they are going with this, but if it's in the direction I think, I'd be okay with not calling it a spin-off either.

A spin-off in Star Trek to me, would have been if a series was based around Kassidy Yates traveling around on her ship. But I don't consider Voyager to be a spin-off of DS9. I think you can create a show set in the same universe as the original without it being a spinoff. If they don't use any of the same characters, settings or plot, then really it's a whole new show. Atlantis was based directly on finding a the City of the Ancients, which was established at the end of Season 7, and used a character, Dr. Weir, who was established in the same season, as well as Dr. McKay, who had also been used before. Their mission had pretty much been established before it was even concieved of as a separate show.

Now SGU, from how it looks, will have nothing to do with searching a lost city, or fighting the Goauld or Ori, it will be a plot set up entirely on its own with no backing from the original show. There might be occasional interactions, like any concurrent show might have (Star Trek has had crossovers), and those will be crossovers, which they haven't ruled out, but it won't be a spin-off in the traditional sense. It will be a show set in the same universe, the same time period, using established technology and history, all perfectly fair, but it will have its own unique plot.

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I'm waiting for the Ultimate Boxed Set of SG-1. Maybe by the time it comes out I'll be able to afford it. [Wink]

Ask and ye shall receive. (For $300.)
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Damn, that really is a good price, especially since I have to imagine Amazon will kick another $25 off that price probably.

And as always, those of us who've been buying the DVDs all along get punished. I'm not sorry, I got a lot of gatewatching done on those DVDs, and I'd say they probably aren't even trying to bilk us for money so much if they are charging that low a price for TEN seasons of five discs, but it's still annoying.

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I can save that by this fall. Thanks for the heads up, Miro.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I don't mind the price difference. I mind the extra content that I won't have. (Well, I probably already have some of it from elsewhere.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Even better news. Amazon has the complete series set up for preorder at $209.99.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, now I'm a tiny bit peeved.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

So, about 21 bucks a season, plus four free bonus content discs.

That's...pretty annoying considering I paid $32 for all the seasons separately. S10 just arrived in the mail yesterday. And not only that, I'm stuck with eight seasons in those giant boxes and disc cases.

On the bright side for Anne, you're this much closer to getting my seasons from me! Unless you bypass me entirely and just buy the big set.

Frankly, what I really want is to be able to buy the think paks and boxes without the discs so my collection will match, and I think we should be able to send in our proof of purchase tabs for all ten seasons and get those 4 bonus discs for free if we pay shipping. We've already paid a premium for the seasons, I think it's only fair.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
S10 just arrived in the mail yesterday.

That's early. Mine won't be here for another week or two.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Who did you order through? I ordered mine through Amazon with the free super saver shipping thing and they shipped it on the 21st I believe, so it got here on the 24th.

Today I signed up for a free one month trial of Amazon Prime, so from now until the end of August I get free two-day shipping on everything, which I imagine will be neat, but something I'd never pay for.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
I ordered mine through Amazon with the free super saver shipping thing

Ditto. Mine's showing a not-available-before Aug. 2, and an approximate arrival date of the following week.

*shrug* No biggie. It's not like it's HP7 or something. [Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

Shipped! [Big Grin]
Miro
Member # 1178

Bad news - Amazon bumped the price up to $275. This is the second time in as many months that waiting to purchase a product from Amazon has cost me money. *sigh*

I wish they would release the extras as a separate set. Or bundle them with a season 10 set.

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have anything on Stargate: worlds?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
I wish they would release the extras as a separate set.

That would be nice.
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
Do you have anything on Stargate: worlds?

According to GateWorld, there's a survey about Stargate Worlds. There's also an official site at StargateWorlds.com.

I don't game, so I don't really follow that stuff.

GateWorld also has links to some spoiler stuff from ComicCon. I haven't read them, though.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Some more details that have cropped up since I've been on vacation:

Steven Culp will guest star on "Miller's Crossing," an episode that will guest star Kate Hewlett as Jeannie Miller. In the episode, Jeannie and Rodney are kidnapped by the head of a US government organization tasked to integrate alien technology into our own. Not quite what I expected, but I'll wait and see.

Some new episode titles have been released, including "Harmony" which has no details, and "Trio" which will feature Sam, Dr. McKay and Dr. Keller (Jewel Staite) together.

Continuum, the second of the two direct to home DVD movies has been pushed back to Fall of 2008, almost a year later than expected. Ark of Truth is still expected in the Spring of 2008. The reason listed is that they needed more time for exceptional computer graphics and an extensive marketing campaign. Sounds like a dodge, but now I have high expectations for the graphics.

You'll be seeing more of the space station that bridges the gate network between the Milky Way and Pegasus later in S4. Remember that little way station between the two galaxies? Now it's entirely enclosed as a space station, allowing foot traffic as well as puddle jumpers. The 16th episode of S4 is titled "Midway," so I bet we'll be seeing more of it.

Daniel Jackson will definetely not be on Atlantis in S4, but, producers and writers have said that if the show is picked up for a S5, then they will actively pursue getting him in for a couple episodes, so fret not Jackson lovers!

An interview with Michael Shanks, though short, about his role in the DVD movies can be found here.

Finally, here you can find a two minute trailer for S4 of Atlantis. I think it looks 25% old crap that I wish would die and 75% awesome new stuff that I can't wait to see. But it got me a bit excited.

I haven't seen anything specific on Stargate Worlds, but then I honestly haven't been looking at all. I'll post it if I see it.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Finally, here you can find a two minute trailer for S4 of Atlantis.

I still hate how Carter's hair looks in most of the new shots. However, I can now see that it's not chopped really short -- it's just up in a ponytail. My 8-year-old makes a better ponytail, though. [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Little bit more news...

Lexa Doig and Michael Shanks (husband and wife team, as many of you know) will be guest starring separately on two episodes of Eureka this season. Lexa will plan a biologist who gives sexual harassament seminars, and Shanks will play a "sexy artist" who creates a metal sculpture that turns to gold.

And here's a special SG1 edition of "Where are they now?"

Chris Judge - Has sold "Rage of Angels" to MGM as a 2 hour direct to DVD movie, which he hopes to flip into a series if it does well.

Ben Browder - Working with a Farscape director on a six hour miniseries called "Going Homer." He will also reprise his role from Farscape in the 10 webisodes of Farscape being made. He is trying to get something going with MGM on a project called "Black Mountain" about a homicide detective.

Claudia Black - Was going to be on the new NBC show "Life" but dropped out due to scheduling issues. They don't know yet if she'll be in the Farscape thing or not, her baby is due soon.

Beau Bridges - Nothing much. Nominated for an emmy for his work on "My Name is Earl" but the show he was working on for FOX wasn't picked up for this fall.

Lexa Doig - Made for TV movie for Lifetime called "Killer Eyes."

Amanda Tapping - Working on Atlantis, and hoping to do more work with her online show "Sanctuary."

RDA - He did a stint on Continuum, and now he is traveling and plans to have foot surgery in the fall. Other than that nothing.

What's really sad about all this? Only three of the names I just mentioned are original cast members.

The 14th episode of S4 of Atlantis will be a Sheppard backstory episode. It's called "Outcast" and will have Shep going back to Earth where we see into his past and even meet his ex-wife. It's based off an idea that Joe Flanigan put forward.

Some good news perhaps. I think I may have mentioned this before, but there will be no hiatus this year for Atlantis. The season will start on September 28th, a Friday, and will be at a new time slot, 10pm. The midseason finale will be on December 7th, "This Mortal Coil." There will be a short break for Thanksgiving, and then that break for the December holidays, but supposedly it will start up again with "Be All My Sins Remember'd" in early January and then play through to the end of the season. Shooting for the whole season ends in October.

On an interesting note, the Wraith that Sheppard sort of made friends with, the first episode that we discovered Wraiths could both take and give life, will come back this season. There's supposed to be an Atlantis/Wraith alliance this season that I am dreading. Personally I want the Wraith, the Asurans, and almost everyone else in the Pegasus to just GO AWAY! Even the Goauld went away after awhile. Insert here my rant from a couple pages ago about wanting a newer better enemy that is more complex.

And here is the new internet storefront for Stargate goodies. And though overpriced, there's some cool stuff in there.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
The 14th episode of S4 of Atlantis will be a Sheppard backstory episode. It's called "Outcast" and will have Shep going back to Earth where we see into his past and even meet his ex-wife. It's based off an idea that Joe Flanigan put forward.
That sounds (potentially) pretty good. [Smile]

quote:
The season will start on September 28th
The day after ABC is starting practically everything else I care about this season. I would be annoyed that everything is starting on the first two nights of Succos, but since I mostly watch everything online these days anyway, it doesn't matter much. And anyway, Fridays are Fridays every week. [Wink]

Hooray for not having to watch TV "live" anymore! [Big Grin]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Here's your tentative Stargate Atlantis schedule:

Sept. 28 - "Adrift"
Oct. 5 - "Lifeline"
Oct. 12 - "Reunion"
Oct. 19 - "Doppelganger"
Oct. 26 - "Travelers"
Nov. 2 - "Tabula Rasa"
Nov. 9 - "Missing"
Nov. 16 - "The Seer"
Nov. 23 - No new episode
Nov. 30 - "Miller's Crossing"
Dec. 7 - "This Mortal Coil" (Mid-season finale)
Dec. 14 - No new episode
Dec. 21 - No new episode
Dec. 28 - No new episode
Jan. 4 - "Be All My Sins Remember'd"
Jan. 11 - "Spoils of War"
Jan. 18 - "Quarantine"
Jan. 25 - "Outcast"
Feb. 1 - "Midway"
Feb. 8 - "Trio"
Feb. 15 - "Harmony"
Feb. 22 - "The Kindred, Part 1"
Feb. 29 - "The Kindred, Part 2"
Mar. 7 - Season Finale (Untitled)

It looks like an interesting season. There's a few filler episodes that might have some nice exposition, but from what I've read of the spoilers, there's a lot of potentially great episodes in there.

For Stargate SG-1 The Complete Set, there's a bit of news. Here is a preliminary shot of the cover art for the set, which comes out in October.

Look here for a complete listing of the special features that will be on the four discs of bonus stuff for this set. Amazon, I believe has this for preorder for $280, which puts it at $28 a season, not a bad price with the bonus discs and fancy packaging.

I'd settle for being able to purchase the thin packs to put my discs in, and being able to buy the bonus discs separately. But I don't think that's very likely.

Miro
Member # 1178

Price for the set is down to $230.99.

I'm ready for Atlantis S4 to start. I can't wait to see McKay's face when he finds out Carter's his boss. [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
I'm ready for Atlantis S4 to start.

Me too!
quote:
I can't wait to see McKay's face when he finds out Carter's his boss. [Big Grin]

[Evil]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

"McKay and Mrs. Miller," a fan favorite from last season, has been nominated for a Geminii Award for script writing.

Michael Shanks has stated that if Atlantis is renewed for a S5, he would be excited to guest start on the show, just as Joe Mallozzi has said a priority of his would be to get Shanks on the show in the fifth season. So it looks like Shanks is a lock for a Daniel Jackson appearance if the show is renewed. Expect news on that by this fall.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Little bit of news.

The season finale of S4 has a title now, "The Last Man," and it is planned to be a cliffhanger, which may or may not be changed depending on the news over whether or not there will be a S5, which Joe Mallozzi is confident there will be (of course, they were all expecting a S11 of SG1, so who knows?).

But if there isn't, he expects the same DVD direct to home movie deal that SG1 has.

And here is an interview with Andee Frizzell, the woman who plays all the Wraith Hive Queens. She has some interesting answers, and questions, many that mirror my own lamenting of the simple mindedness of the Wraith as an enemy. She wants to know more about the Wraith as a people, and to do away with their status as a bad guy who is evil just to be evil.

Miro
Member # 1178

So...who watched it?

Not the best episode, but decent. I liked Sheppard throwing Zelenka. And 'Asteroids'. [Smile]

It seemed slow-moving for a big season premiere. Lots of standing around and talking, not a whole lot of doing. I hope Dr Keller gets more interesting as the season moves along.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I fell asleep and totally forgot about it, but I'll either catch it this weekend or watch it online.

Keller will have quite a bit of face time this season, I'd expect some decent character development.

MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
I fell asleep and totally forgot about it, but I'll either catch it this weekend or watch it online.
Where do you find a video stream of it online?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

You can download it on iTunes.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
quote:
Where do you find a video stream of it online?
If you want to email me I'll drop you a line on where I go to watch stuff online, if you don't want to pay for iTunes. But I won't post it here, as our host has expressed a negative view towards such behavior.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Okay I just watched the Season Opener.

Not bad.

Pros - The effects were pretty stellar. I don't think they had that many special effects in all of season three, and they were all crisp and cool looking.

Cons - Walking. Talking. Problem. Walking. Talking. Problem. Yeah I know that tends to be how some of these episodes go, but jeez, I felt like I was watching Bob Villa's Home Again: Atlantis Edition with all the damned repairs they kept having to make. Frankly I think it was a bit overwrought.

But, I've VERY excited for next week, it was a great way to end the episode.

steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"I felt like I was watching Bob Villa's Home Again: Atlantis Edition with all the damned repairs they kept having to make."

or "The New Atlantis Yankee Workshop".

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Now I was GOING to say "This Old Spaceship," but I wasn't sure how many people watched HGTV on a regular basis. [Smile]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

First off...South Park did a mild parody of Stargate last night, it was funny (they also ripped on a half dozen other things too, including orcs from the Rankin Bass Hobbit, Khan, and Snarg from Thundercats, it was pretty messed up).

Next...

So here's some news. First off, the BIG ONE, despite dropping syndication ratings and live ratings, Atlantis has been RENEWED for SEASON FIVE!. They will celebrate their 100th episode as the last episode of S5. This means we are almost sure to see a Michael Shanks guest starring role in the fifth season. Despite the lower ratings, it is still one of the more watched shows in cable television. This also bodes well for the third series, which is still in development.

Now, Arc of Truth news. It is planned for release on March 11th, 2008. The budget for the film was something like $7 million, pretty big all things considered. There will be 240 visual effects, which is pretty big by 90's movie standards, let alone direct to DVD movies. They're also using an orchestra for the original music. One cool thing, Sarah Strange will reprise her role as Morgan Le Fat, which is cool, not only because I think she's hot, but because what small bits we've gotten of her have been cool I think. I would've liked to see her as a more regular character.

More news to follow. Is everyone keeping up on this season? It hasn't been bad so far.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In the new show, now in preliminary stages, “we figure out what the ninth chevron is for, and it sends us somewhere very interesting,” Wright says.
My money's on time. Although, that would severely change the nature of the show and make everything more complex.

Alternately, an alternate universe. I mean, where else is there to go?

quote:
More news to follow. Is everyone keeping up on this season? It hasn't been bad so far.
I've been very much enjoying this season.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I don't think it would be time...I think the ancients explored time travel after creating the stargates, as evidenced by the time traveling puddle jumper. Parallel universes is an interesting possibility. They could revisit the universes they influenced with that mirror thing.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.