FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New Ender novel decided on (Page 14)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: New Ender novel decided on
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Dynasty would be good if Ender ends up on Path for any reason.

I've got it! Pastwatch: The Redemption of Ender Wiggin [Razz]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippyboy
Member # 7600

- posted      Profile for skippyboy   Email skippyboy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here's the problem with Ender: it's a cop-out. It's like Metallica naming an album "Metallica." It's done so you know what you're getting, kind of like those generic boxes of corn flakes.
Well, that is pretty much the point of what Mr. Card suggested isn't it? This is why he requested that "Ender" be in the title.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qirien
Member # 7638

- posted      Profile for qirien   Email qirien         Edit/Delete Post 
Coming in a bit late, so maybe these have already been mentioned, but:
Ender's Youth (refers to both himself and Achilles II, maybe?)
Ender: Hearer of the Living (hee hee, so that doesn't really sound good . . . )
Ender's Interlude
The Beginning of the Ender
Bridge of Enders

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
People have been talking about putting it so like a transiton from Ender becoming Andrew so here are two titles that may have been suggested that I am suggesting now.

From Ender to Andrew
Ender meets Andrew

okay. Yeah. O and that whole list of all the titles. that's crazy. Gj.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well, that is pretty much the point of what Mr. Card suggested isn't it? This is why he requested that "Ender" be in the title.

Yes. But just going with Ender, then, is a tacit and unimaginative capitulation to that idea.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People have been talking about putting it so like a transiton from Ender becoming Andrew so here are two titles that may have been suggested that I am suggesting now.

From Ender to Andrew
Ender meets Andrew

No offense, but those both sound like the title of some sort of homsexual love story to me... [Eek!]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avicus
Member # 7652

- posted      Profile for Avicus   Email Avicus         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what I'm thinking. Let's say that Ender some how becomes the teacher of Randi's son (nobody knows that he's Ender the Xenocide), and this is where he starts his teaching carrier jumping from world to world. Somehow he realizes who this kid is and his potential and the story could somehow work around that along with the crazy Randi lady. So considering this one title you could have is Ender's Pupil or Ender the teacher. The reason for this title is I remember when Ender first meets Mazer. There's the dialogue where Mazer tells Ender that up till now Ender didn't have a proper teacher. On Eros it's their way for an older student to take a new student and together they battle untill the pupil is ready for another teacher. And of course one of my favorite lines is when he says "I am your enemy, I am your teacher." He says something like that. I've thought of millions of ways this story could work out. Really glad you're doing another book though.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippyboy
Member # 7600

- posted      Profile for skippyboy   Email skippyboy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes. But just going with Ender, then, is a tacit and unimaginative capitulation to that idea.
(That idea being what OSC wanted.) Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Mine is that "Ender" is simple, direct and to the point.

This is exactly why it would be so great to vote on all of them -- just to see what the masses think.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Avicus, the problem I see with your idea is simply, what would Ender actually have to teach the kid? At this point he's not even a Speaker yet. He's only been trained in warfare, and since Ender isn't exactly proud of his reputation as a commander, I doubt that he'd want to train anybody to be like him.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satlin
Member # 1593

- posted      Profile for Satlin   Email Satlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender in Eidolon
Posts: 86 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jongo05
Member # 7580

- posted      Profile for jongo05   Email jongo05         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Goes to Work
Posts: 74 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avicus
Member # 7652

neo-d - It wouldn't be a matter of training the child to be like Ender. Ender never teaches anyone like that. When he was on Trondheim he was teaching Philosophy I think or something like it. He's a good teacher in that he can help you find yourself. That's what he could do for the child. He will be drilled from birth to believe that Ender, Peter, and Bean are bad and "Ashilleez" is a saint (spelled that way on purpose). He/she will have Bean's intelligence but that doesn't make it any less succeptible to being manipulated. Ender would be able to help in freeing the kid of the trauma his/her mother is going to put him/her through. The more I think about it I don't see any other way for the story to go unless the kid is able to break free him/her self or the kid repeats "ashilleeez" path and winds up getting shot in the head for screwing with the wrong guy.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps Ender's Rendezvous or Ender Lasts or Universe Pantokrator [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this is not a duplicate but,

Ender: New Horizon

Since we haven’t heard from OSC on the board for a while, let’s hope he has started to work on his new book!
[The Wave]

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owen
Member # 7607

- posted      Profile for owen           Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinkingh about the title, and for the slight double entoundra (sic). If somebody else posted it I am sorry for the repeat, but I think the new book should be called Ender's Heel. It will deal with ender and Achilles II. A heel is also a despicable person which either could be Achilles Two or ender since he is now hated due to the hive queen book. It could also mean ender's weakness or flaw since he is an epic hero.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

My bad, Avicus. You're right. For some reason I totally forgot about him teaching on Trondheim.
Avicus
Member # 7652

neo- No need to apologize. I have a weird memory when it comes to books. [Smile] What do you think of my idea though? It sounds good in my head, but what about yours?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
The Ender.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yonush
Member # 7506

- posted      Profile for yonush   Email yonush         Edit/Delete Post 
on Abe's note...

ender's end
andrew's beginning

Ender's freedom

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomolos
Member # 7703

- posted      Profile for Nomolos   Email Nomolos         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders Giants

[ April 03, 2005, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Nomolos ]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomolos
Member # 7703

- posted      Profile for Nomolos   Email Nomolos         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: Anton's Key(s)
Enders Keys

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me or did the topic for the Jeesh member of the colont dissparear or am i toired... i'v been looking for the last 25 min..
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signine
Member # 7671

- posted      Profile for signine   Email signine         Edit/Delete Post 
How're these for titles? A bit late admittedly:

Andrew Wiggin
Ender's Light
Ender: The Redeemer (reeks too much of UT to me though)

I was a big fan of "The Ender" earlier on the discussion forum. The favorite of mine though, of course, is Andrew Wiggin.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a fan of Ender's name being in the title at all, since this is a book about a situation set in a unique time period, and the books from the end of Ender's life (as Ender) have their own unique titles. The situation seems to involve a continuance of the Shadow series, so a Shadow title would make more sense, maybe "Shadow of the Father" (but I'm kind of getting tired of that, too). If it had a unique name I'd go with "Exiles."

I understand the marketability of Ender's name. I'm sure he'll be a major factor in such a story. I was hoping Bean would make it in there since it is his child, unless you had a seperate story line planned for him. Bean versus his own son. That would make it the most difficult conflict. But having Bean and Ender operate in the same space where both are finally perspective characters on the same pages might be too powerful for one book, since their characters are so strong, unless they had their own conflict somehow.

But I'm rambling in an area that I probably shouldn't. I suppose I should contribute an Ender title. How about "Ender's Will," not a last will and testiment, but the struggle to oppose the son of his dear friend.

[ April 05, 2005, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Khavanon ]

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Life after the killing of the last Buggers. (IT's so obvious)

Ender meets his former right hand man's son out in space. (Another Obivous one)

Ender: Man Of space (lol)

Ender: SHould he go to College?

Ender: wow

The Amazing Ender and his Carnival Freaks

Getting serious now...
Ender's Duration

Ender or Andrew?

Ender Becomes Andrew

Ender's Fall

Ender Rising

Ender's Coming

Ender's Fate

End of Ender

Ender Ends

Ender's End

[Wall Bash] [Evil Laugh] [ROFL] [Dont Know] [Taunt] [Sleep] [No No] [Wave]

I just love emoticons.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ekat
Member # 7747

- posted      Profile for Ekat   Email Ekat         Edit/Delete Post 
Enders the Prodigy
Ender Ending
Ender's expedidition
The journey of Ender
Ender's equilibrium
The Era of Ender
Ender's Final Fight
Ender's final Joust
The Dilemna of Ender
Ender's Destiny
Enders epilogue

[ April 05, 2005, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Ekat ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Valentine
Ender's Seperation
Ender's Atonment
Ender Journaymen
Far Away Ender
Ender's Colony

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Law Maker
Member # 5909

- posted      Profile for Law Maker   Email Law Maker         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case no one caught it when Kaioshin00 posted. . . Let me add my vote to "THE ENDER"
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Einnz
Member # 7558

- posted      Profile for Einnz   Email Einnz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Company
Ender and the three Jewels (Her sister valentine, the hive queen, and her new companion jane)
Ender's Absence on Earth
Earth without Ender
Ender Left Earth
Ender's Persues New Life Outside
Ender Beyond
Ender's Companions
Fellowship of Ender
Ender inbetween Galaxies
Ender between Planets
Ender's Interstellar Exploration
Ender's Galaxy Travel
Ender's Journey through Planets
Ender in search of a new Home

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
The Path of Ender

Chasing Ender

Echoes of Ender

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
Because OSC is now a Broadway song...

The Ender Horror Show: Traveling at relativistic speeds is kind like a timewarp, dontcha think?

Enderspell: Crowds of worshipfull hippies follow Ender around reanacting passages from The Hive Queen and the Hegemon in cartoonish voices. They tie him to a fence at the end.

My Fair Ender: Ender learns to talk like a real boy. "Eh" and "neh" are painfully extracted from his vocabulary. He goes to the All-Galactic Powerfull People Convention where he is mistaken for Peter, which makes him cry and throw shoes.

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender Wiggin Superstar
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, whatever happened to that Enderguy anyway?
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
If you give ender a bugger...
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender: The Bugger Flinger
Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
If the book will include or mention anything about Armenia, then I'd like to point out that there is a quote about an Armenian planet in SFtD

"It takes time to schedule a starship, Ender."

"Are there any orbiting Trondheim?"

"Half a dozen, of course, but only one that could be ready to go tomorrow, and it has a load of skrika for the luxury trade on Cyrillia and Armenia."

Just pointing this out because "Mr.Card! Mr.Card! Mr.Card!" said that he might like a mention of Armenia in the title.

Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signine
Member # 7671

- posted      Profile for signine   Email signine         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if we're going to be silly:

Ocean's Ender: Ender begins going by the name "Andrew Ocean" and uses his reputation as SFtD to steal a messenger ship.

Ender: The Armenian Connection: Ender finds out about a Heroin shipment destined for his planet from the Armenian colony, intercepts it only to find a clever double cross by none other than Bean

Ender Madison: Since Ender never had a real formal education beyond battle school, he decides to enroll in an elementary school. Hilarity ensues.

50 First Enders: Ender takes a sharp blow to the head that prevents him from remembering anything for more than a day.

Citizen Ender: Actually, I think this is a good title, but you know.

Full Metal Ender: Ender lands on a world populated by Vietnamese in the middle of a bloody war with American colonists.

Grumpy Old Ender: Bean (as an old man for his condition) and Ender go ice fishing, play practical jokes on each other.

And a few more suggestions that are blatant..erm..borrowings from other tales:
I, Wiggin
Dr. Strangebean
The Good, The Bad, The Ender
Baby Got Ender
Three Beans and an Ender
Valentine and Ender go to White Castle

Posts: 68 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: I already suggested the White Castle one.

Ender Moves
Ender's Sushi Bar
Ender Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Ender Cashes In
Ender's Cat Can Eat A Whole Watermelon
Make Room For Ender
Ender Invents the Internet
Ender's Lost Shoe
Ender’s Picnic
Ender’s Weekend Trip
Weekend At Ender’s
Uncle Ender’s Steakhouse
Ender Looses His Luggage
Ender Looses His Groceries
Ender Looses It Once and For All

[ April 07, 2005, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Steev ]

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
val
Member # 7687

- posted      Profile for val   Email val         Edit/Delete Post 
Thread's gotten too long to read all the way through [Smile] so sorry if this is a repost [Frown]

Ender/Andrew

Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Ender can be the new American Girl:

Meet Ender
Happy Birthday Ender
Ender Saves the Day
Changes for Ender

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

Ender's Big Fat Greek Wedding
Ender's First Kiss
Ender's Puddle Jump
Ender Sales Insurance
Ender's Particulars
Eager Ender
The Ender Device

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

Hey, since this thread is ridiculously long, I have started an "online list" if you will, of the reasonable titles suggested so far. It is not done yet, but will be updated as fast as I can compile all of these titles and sort through them. By Monday, it should look better (as good as anything hosted by Expage can look)

http://www.expage.com/endtitle

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ACD
Member # 7763

- posted      Profile for ACD           Edit/Delete Post 
All good things come to an Ender
Till the Ender of time

I didn't notice if anyone had posted the above, but it's a long list now.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sorry if this has been used but I just thought of another good one. Ender's ashamed. or Ender's abashed. or r's remorse. or varations.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

Who's to say what's reasonable, CRash?
DaiTenshi
Member # 7759

- posted      Profile for DaiTenshi   Email DaiTenshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if it's a repost, but this makes sense:

Ender's Journey

Posts: 19 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

The only criteria for reasonable I use is:
1. Has "Ender" in it.
2. Is not a joke title or movie ripoff
3. Is not confusable with other Enderverse books
I'm really doing this more for fun than anything else. It's interesting to look through all of the different ideas. Please don't take the list too seriously.

I mostly wanted to get it up so people wouldn't have to look through the whole 14 pages of this thread to see if the title they want to post has already been suggested. But it'll be a while until it's updated to the point of where the thread is now. I'm also considering adding pages for titles where members have provided reasons why their title should be selected.

ChocoTuar
Member # 6854

- posted      Profile for ChocoTuar   Email ChocoTuar         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you decided, OSC?
Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

Oh, ok, CRash. Not all of mine are jokes but it doesn't matter anyway. I think OSC has already decided weeks ago.

Ender's Aquiline Nose
Ender Matters
Call Me Ender
Ender's Indemnities
Ender's Other Adventures
Kudos to Ender

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.