FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes III (Page 2)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Heroes III
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
The annoying thing about Sylar is that we keep seeing these little glimpses every now and then of a good character, but it never really goes anywhere.

I don't they've made him sort of complex in a weird way. He's evil, yes, but he has some shades of grey.

What I don't like is that he used to be SIGH-lahr and now he's SIGH-ler.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Anyway, the 'can't die' thing: Sylar's body is subject to the same forces everyone else is, but as everyone knows, he can heal from it. Well, toss him into an incinerator! And not just, I dunno, a paper incinerator or something, I'm talking crematorium on steroids with some gasoline sprayed in there for good measure. He can't heal if there's literally nothing left.

Last night I started wondering what would happen if you cut Sylar's head off. And kept it away from his body. Would they grow into two Sylars, like a flatworm?

And what's with the brain thing? He left Claire's brain in. The "Claire... that's disgusting" line was hilarious, but haven't all of his victims been found with their brains missing? Where have they gone if he hasn't been snacking on them?

And... is Linderman a ghost, or a hallucination? Did he heal Nathan, or did the transfusion from Adam last year have lasting effects?

So far, we have 4 immortals (that we know of): Peter, Sylar, Claire and Adam. I guess the blood transfusion can't make someone immortal, or both Nathan and Noah would be immortals now as well.

I'm a little bummed that Sylar didn't kill Mr. Muggles while he was in Claire's house. How hard would that have been? He could even have stolen Mr. Muggles' power to make Claire's mom talk like a moron. That's got to be useful, no?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

And what's with the brain thing? He left Claire's brain in. The "Claire... that's disgusting" line was hilarious, but haven't all of his victims been found with their brains missing? Where have they gone if he hasn't been snacking on them?

Syler's ability is to figure out how things work. I don't think the brains of his previous victims were missing. We never really saw exactly what he did with them, but after seeing what he did with Claire, I suspect that he cut their heads open and studied their brains. In most cases, this kills a person. In the case of Claire, it didn't. I'm not sure if this is 100% consistent but I'm willing to go with it because it works for me this way.

The "That's disgusting" line was probably the best in the show so far. [Smile]

quote:
And... is Linderman a ghost, or a hallucination? Did he heal Nathan, or did the transfusion from Adam last year have lasting effects?
This is one of the biggest reasons I will probably watch next week's episode. I haven't previously found Nathan to be such an interesting character, but yesterday he really began to intrigue me. It could be that he does more than just fly. Perhaps his brush with death awakened something?
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I could have sworn we saw empty skulls from which brains had been removed in the first two seasons.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jh
Member # 7727

- posted      Profile for jh   Email jh         Edit/Delete Post 
There was so much stuff going on last night, that only after watching it a couple more times do I actually know what happened. But essentially, my thoughts are that it does set up a lot which needs to be covered and resolved this season. What was very cool was Sylar's line - "Claire...that's disgusting!" I'm sure they threw that in there for all the arguing about whether Sylar just looked at the brain to study it or whether he ate it. I admit it, I was one of the ones who thought he ate the brain. [Frown]

I think the villains angle is very interesting, with many different shades or gray involved. It does seem that things are not always clear cut, that the villains who escaped are going to be the main villains of the series. I think that it will be a point of who will become a villain, and who will stay true to being a hero. Case in fact, Ando who kills Hiro for the formula. Now that dumb Suresh has developed (not perfectly because he's an idiot of course) a way to give ordinary people extraordinary abilities, it is going to be a battle on how those abilities will be used. Will having those powers turn people into "villains"? It's a very interesting study in human nature I thought. And really, Mama Petrelli's dream was amazing with the villain line up - Adam, Niki, Maury, and no idea who the last guy is. I need to seriously read up on new characters to the show.

Here's the breakdown:
Matt-Boring. He needs to go or get a more interesting storyline.
Niki-I was very sad at the thoought of thinking she was really dead at the end of last season. Plus, what is up with the producers' aversion to having people die on this show? On the other hand, I am very interesting in finding out what the heck is going on with her. Is she Niki who can't remember anything? Is she Jessica because Jessica never really died? Or is she truly a completely other person?
Nathan-He's hot and I'm glad he's not dead. But really, Nathan should know by now to stay away from positions with power. I'd love to see Nathan and Niki become closer - they have good chemistry. I hope they explain the Linderman thing, since right now it really just seems like he's having hallucinations.
Claire-Ah, Claire .. I miss your curly brighter hair from season one. Can't have everything I guess. Your storyline is not the most interesting-I'd hate it if you didn't get involved in the action sooner or later. And Claire's mom-we saw the fire in hand thing season 1. Producers, please don't recycle! Also, didn't she accidentally kill Claire in that fire when she was a baby? She doesn't seem to have a great grasp on her own powers - how is she going to teach/protect Claire?
Peter-How did Future Peter put him in someone else's body? Curious on this point and also on what the heck's he's up to. It's also his fault Sylar is now invincible. Although since Sylar is going to working with HRG, it'll make him much more likeable. Not that I hate him now. Just that he'll be so much more bearable.
Suresh and Maya-Ewwww.
Elle-I'm liking her. Even if she did set all those bad guys free. I'm glad she didn't die and that electrical storm was awesome.
HRG-Love him, still my fave character. I can't wait to see his role in everything.

Ah, can't wait for next week!

Posts: 155 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where did you get three? There's the future Peter with the scar, and the current Peter who's trapped inside Weevil's body. Did I miss one?
Then I'm completely confused. I thought it was future Peter that wasn't really Peter. Didn't Angela call him Jesse?

I was sort of having a conversation while watching, I'll admit.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swbarnes2
Member # 10225

- posted      Profile for swbarnes2           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And... is Linderman a ghost, or a hallucination?

I just can't bring myself to care. It's not like the interaction will be anywhere near as interesting as Crichton and Harvey, or Baltar and 6...Even Scrubs did an episode with the invisible person that no one but Dr. Cox could see.

Sure, it's hard to not bring back Malcolm McDowell when you have the chance, and he at least has a bit of character.

But now the pattern is a little creepy...Malcolm may not be dead (though he probably is). Nikki, Nathan, Sylar, and Mr. Bennett all died and came back.

DL, Hiro's dad, and Maya's brother, died and stayed dead. Now what do the first people all have in common, that none of the later people have?

Posts: 575 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, okay. I watched that part again. When she said "Jesse" she was asking a question. Whatever, I don't even care anymore.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, although I have not seen any of Season two and felt a little lost.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, somehow future Peter put present Peter in the body of a Jesse, though how I don't know.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
quote:
Where did you get three? There's the future Peter with the scar, and the current Peter who's trapped inside Weevil's body. Did I miss one?
Then I'm completely confused. I thought it was future Peter that wasn't really Peter. Didn't Angela call him Jesse?
No, Jesse is the name of the guy played by Francis Capra (Weevil from Veronica Mars).

quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
I could have sworn we saw empty skulls from which brains had been removed in the first two seasons.

I agree. Not only that, but the police mentioned that the brains were missing.

quote:
Originally posted by swbarnes2:
But now the pattern is a little creepy...Malcolm may not be dead (though he probably is). Nikki, Nathan, Sylar, and Mr. Bennett all died and came back.

DL, Hiro's dad, and Maya's brother, died and stayed dead. Now what do the first people all have in common, that none of the later people have?

Are you really Steve Barnes? Anyway, you left out Isaac and Eden and Papa Petrelli and the Israeli chick who could do e-mail in her head. And it looked to me like DL was back in some of the previews, and Papa Nakamura was at least back in a video this week, and I think the fact that you're ignoring all the white people who are permanently dead says more about you than anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
This is one of the biggest reasons I will probably watch next week's episode. I haven't previously found Nathan to be such an interesting character, but yesterday he really began to intrigue me. It could be that he does more than just fly. Perhaps his brush with death awakened something?

I really didn't like Nathan. He's been a bit of a jerk from the get-go. Peter's way too emo (even with the haircut), but Nathan has been a cold and amoral wretch. He's starting to take on a little more interest for me now.

quote:
Originally posted by jh:
Case in fact, Ando who kills Hiro for the formula.

Says who? From what we saw, it might have been Hiro who went bad, and Ando who was trying to stop him. Although if Ando does go bad, it's probably because Hiro's treating him like crud now. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I know that if I saw my best friend kill me in the future, I wouldn't drive him into becoming an enemy; I'd do whatever I could to make sure our friendship got stronger. Hiro's an imbecile.

twinky
Member # 693

Whatever happened to Nathan's wife? I don't remember.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

I agree, on both counts. Future Ando may be saving the world from future-Hiro ( as an aside, our first reaction to seeing a Japanese city in that condition was to shout "Gojira!"). And yes, Hiro needs to build his friendship with Ando more- especially since Ando will likely save Hiro from himself.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really hoping that Linderman turns into a sort of Gaius Baltar's Head-Baltar sort of thing. [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Not that nuking NY compares with wiping out the 12 colonies...
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
Whatever happened to Nathan's wife? I don't remember.

She left him between Season 1 and 2.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm rooting for Sylar now. He was right. These people don't deserve their power. They are too stupid.

Why couldn't Sylar just break into that closet? Those doors are incredibly weak. My little sister could break into those things.

Are the writers really that lame that they just copy The Fly?

I almost changed the channel when that blatant Sprint advertisement happened.

Why do they insist on telling us how a power works, then changing it later?
Super healing used to have something to do with their brain. Now their blood can heal others, so it has nothing to do with their brain anymore.
Stopping time used to, you know, stop time.
Peter's powers were "empathic" and he had to think about the person to use their power. Now he doesn't even have to remember the person at all.

If it turns out she was telling the truth... Why does everyone need to be a Petrelli?

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If it turns out she was telling the truth... Why does everyone need to be a Petrelli?
I knew there was something bugging me and I just couldn't articulate it, thanks for providing the missing piece.

Mrs. Petrelli could simply be manipulating Sylar however.

I remember clearly the brains being taken. Perhaps all of those abilities were in the lower regions of the brain and Claire's just happens to be on the top? Perhaps Sylar only removes the brain when he is satisfied it's not there.

As soon as Claire asked if Sylar was going to eat her brain I knew he was going to say, "Claire, that's disgusting." I also knew he wasn't going to kill her, but that was pretty obvious. Knowing Sylar I would never ask why he wasn't killing me, I'd just let him leave.

So were those spikes growing on Mohinder's back? Why were they easily pulled off and kinda gooey? Were they scales?

How in the heck could Nikki/Jessica/Trisha have freezing powers?

That was an awful lot of reveals, but with season 2 being so short, the lag was merely catching up with us. I don't expect the future episodes to have such broad scopes. Fortunately they didn't include Micah and Copycat girl, that would have been overload for me. I don't understand why Linderman needs to be there, or if he even IS there. I really hope they don't go with the Linderman and Nathan's new found religion = crazy.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
So is Heroes good, or bad?

Should I really start watching it?

(I'm going to anyway, otherwise Ms.C will kill me)

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I remember clearly the brains being taken. Perhaps all of those abilities were in the lower regions of the brain and Claire's just happens to be on the top? Perhaps Sylar only removes the brain when he is satisfied it's not there.

Okay, but what does he do with them in those cases?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

Okay, but what does he do with them in those cases?
<shrugs> Takes them to a safe place where he can carefully examine them? Maybe some of the abilities are in the inner regions of the brain and hence he opens them up.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The "That's disgusting" line was probably the best in the show so far. [Smile]
That was fantastic.

But my personal favorite was "thank you turtle! You saved my life."

Watching Mohinder put the moves on Maya was really uncomfortable. It creeped me out.

I probably should've watched a recap episode. Cause I was pretty confused throughout trying to remember where all the story lines had left off from last year.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
But my personal favorite was "thank you turtle! You saved my life."

Watching Mohinder put the moves on Maya was really uncomfortable. It creeped me out.

Yes, and yes.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
My breakdown -

Matt/AfricanIsaac - Potentially very interesting. I've always liked Matt. He's a goofy do gooder who's been kicked down all his life and now has the power to fight back. His part in this opening episode was limited, but he had the funny turtle line, and I want to see where this is going now that we have a new future painter on the scene, and one more person that knows Future Peter is an idiot.

Niki - Surprise surprise, I actually like this iteration of Niki! I was cheering when she was blown up last season, but they seem to have revamped her character nicely. Her new power seems to fit well with her personality, and I like that she's working with Bruce Boxleitner (spelling?) who I'm always a big fan of.

Claire - Huzzah, she's finally fighting back, or at least, she's trying to. I would have much, much rather preferred her going with Noah on the road so Noah could teach her all the agenty stuff. She's right, her power is purely defensive and all she can do is wait for someone to kill her, heal, and then run away. I'm glad she realizes that. Noah continues to be one of my favorite characters by the way.

Elle - She's supposed to be leaving the show soon right? That probably means she'll be dying soon, but, I like the changes being forced on her characters by others. I'd like to see her repent, become a good guy, and start frying some bad guys. It looks like it COULD head in that direction, but I doubt it.

Hiro/Ando - Dude, Hiro, what kind of sci-fi geek are you? Any geek worth his salt knows that A. Appearances can be decieving when viewing the future, and B. Self fulfilling prophecies! Don't give Ando the shaft, you'll just be pushing him away! But I think Ando is a fundamentally good guy, and that even if Hiro pushed him away he wouldn't betray him. There's something else going on in that blurb he saw in the future. I sort of like that he has a nemesis that can counteract his powers, but the girl they actually picked is kind of annoying.

Suresh and Maya - I gave Suresh a lot of the benefit of the doubt before, but he's over the line now. I hope Maya and him come up with a murder suicide pact. Neither of them interests me any more at all. And the whole seduction thing going on there was creepy as all get out.

Nathan - I don't even know what the hell is going on there. It's just weird. I'd be happy to see his character take a back seat. I do have a question though - What exactly healed him? I can't imagine Claire's blood is a permanant thing. So is what's his name real in some way or a mental problem? Something doesn't track there.

Peter - Wow, way to go from being one of my favorites to my absolute least favorite. This time travel stuff is stupud. Every time we found out another thing he screwed up for the future I got a little more pissed at him. But the thing about time travel is - why don't you just go back again and stop yourself! It's infinetely undoable! And it's also a giant mess that totally turned me off.

Sylar - I absolutely dislike that he's invulnerable now. Also, there's no way he twirled a solid gold gun like that. That thing would have been crazy heavy. What I'd kind of like to see? I think Mrs. Petrelli is totally screwing with him, there's no way that she's his real mother. I think she's going to brainwash him into thinking that, and somehow she'll turn him into one of her agents now that Elle is gone. Sylar will have to make way for the new cookie cutter bad guys coming down the pipeline (Magneto, Pyro, Banshee and I guess the Shadow King, not really sure who the fear eater is in X-Men).

All in all? I give it a B- . There was a lot going on, some of it was interesting, some of it was mind numbingly stupid. I'll keep watching to see where it goes, as I'm interested, and I still want to know what happened to Micah and his cousin, but some of my enthusiasm is waning.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Elle is leaving?

[Frown]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Just read an interview in Soap Opera Weekly (don't ask) and Zachary says that Sylar is going to reveal alot more depth to his character this season. He didn't say Sylar becomes good, but that Sylar has some positive attributes that are important to him that we should start seeing soon.

Make of it what you will.

Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan: Killed by the least likely suspect, and is brought back by an even less likely suspect. Now he's all about being an angel. Creepy, but in a good way.

Future Peter: Here we learn that time travel can't solve all of our problems. Well, it can, but not without creating all new problems. Advice to Future Peter: leave the time travel to Hiro.

Hiro: His destiny--Don't open the safe. But of course, his father knew he would anyway. I thought that was funny. Probably the same formula Mohinder found? Then he travels to the future, sees his friend blast him, and sees the planet blow up. Sure, Hiro should know better, but if you saw (someone who looked like) your friend (possibly) kill you, wouldn't you be a little upset? He's probably conflicted about whither it is better to pull him closer or push him away. I'm just glad he told Ando. If this was Season 2, he would have pretended nothing happened, and not told Ando while holding a grudge. I think this is good.

What's-her-name Fast Girl: Awesome. I wonder who her boss is. Mrs. Petrelli? She is in France.... But Hiro is going to have to learn to completely stop time. He can't do anything if he just slows it down a lot.

Mrs. Petrelli: So, her power is dreams, huh? And are we supposed to forget the whole (suggested) mind-manipulation thing from last season, and accept that you are Sylar's mother?

Sylar: Good stuff. Obviously he had enough power to break down the door, but there is just something about him. He likes creeping people out. He knew Clair wouldn't stay there forever. But he can't resist going straight to the company where everyone is, so he gets caught. Barely.

Clair: Uh-Oh. She can't feel pain anymore? This can't be good. Something Sylar did? On accident or on purpose? Or is it her powers reacting to the pain she has been in? Sylar said she is different than the others. Sylar couldn't kill her even if he wanted to. (note that she could in Season 1-- so something must have changed?)

Present Peter: Now he's stuck in the body of a criminal. What kinds of powers does he have now? His host's? Probably. Nothing like weakening an over-powered hero than by putting him in someone else's body. Luckily, he'll be right with the villains, so he should know right where they are when he gets his powers back.

Villains: "You don't even want to know his power" Dun dun DUN! And then there are supposed to be a dozen of them, so there's still others we don't know.

Matt: ROTFL @ turtle. I thought obvious product-placement was funny, too. Sprint? Are you serious? Painting of planet blowing up should be interesting.

Mohinder: Oops. Falls for the classic optimistic scientist blunder. Using un-tested drugs. So he's Spider-man, then he has scales/spikes. Run Maya!! No, Faster!! Uhm, your clothes kinda... you might want to... uhm... Run!!

Nikki: 1st impression: What the heck? How'd she survive? 2nd impression: Oh, she has freezing powers, now. Maybe she really is a different person...?

Linderman: He was the last person I thought would be coming back. So, apparently he healed Nathan, but Nathan is the only one that can see him. And Linderman still is working to get Nathan to be President, apparently. Odd.

Anyway, this is great! Delivering what they promise this time! Fast-paced action right from the get-go! This promises to be as good as season 1. Time will tell.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
Clair: Uh-Oh. She can't feel pain anymore? This can't be good. Something Sylar did? On accident or on purpose? Or is it her powers reacting to the pain she has been in? Sylar said she is different than the others. Sylar couldn't kill her even if he wanted to. (note that she could in Season 1-- so something must have changed?)
Maybe Claire wouldn't have died in Season 1, either. I thought the whole point was just to keep Sylar from getting her powers?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sylar - I absolutely dislike that he's invulnerable now.
I just want him to abuse his newfound invulnerability to hang around ominously and throw bricks at all the "good guys" whenever they're being stupid, jerky, or criminally oblivious.

Wouldn't that be a great show? The West Wing had people talking fast while briskly walking through hallways. Heroes can have flying bricks.

I see this season as having some potential and there are many ways it can go about capitalizing on this potential (and boy I sure hope it does soon) but I can think of nothing more cathartic.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just read an interview in Soap Opera Weekly (don't ask)
ummmm...but I must! [Taunt]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mohinder: Oops. Falls for the classic optimistic scientist blunder. Using un-tested drugs. So he's Spider-man, then he has scales/spikes. Run Maya!! No, Faster!! Uhm, your clothes kinda... you might want to... uhm... Run!!
I knew something like that would happen to Mohinder...it's classic Jekkyl-and-Hyde. Hyde uses himself as a test subject FOR SCIENCE and totally not for selfish reasons, really, and turns into SUPER BAD ALTER-EGO or a monster or something. Blarg. What a moron.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering why Hiro didn't make more fuss over the fact that future-Ando has a power - and is still trying to get the formula from Hiro. Maybe it's some sort of super-secret-agent-type thing, trying to prevent the formula from falling into the public, which doesn't make much sense with the eminent destruction of wherever they were.

Note to self: if a genie ever offers to give you a wish, the time-travel ability is NOT the right answer.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I'll take super-speed. It's always been my first choice. Complete with a friction protecting aura, of course, and without Wally's original "gotta eat a million burgers to keep my energy up" problem.
Law Maker
Member # 5909

- posted      Profile for Law Maker   Email Law Maker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought they set up the villains just fine for the first 2 episodes in a 22-episode season. How deeply do you expect we'd get into their character in an hour and a half? So far we know that the company thought they were dangerous enough to lock up and now they're loose. I imagine we'll learn a lot more about them over the next 20 episodes. Or at least, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

As far as I understand it, "Villains" is just the title of Volume 3. Although the first two seasons consisted of one volume each, this season is divided into three volumes. I think we can expect a faster pace from this story than from those previous.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read, this season is divided into two volumes. What are the other two volumes supposed to be?

Edit to add: I just looked, originally Vol. 3 was going to be "Exodus" but the entire storyline was scrapped and replaced with "Villains," which will be the first half of Season 3. The second half of Season 3 will be Vol. 4 "Fugitives."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I CALLED IT, I EFFING CALLED IT! I CALLED IT! Syler doesn't EAT PEOPLES BRAINS! I CALLED IT! I AM VINDICATED! BRADLEY TRIUMPHANT!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

And omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

omg omg omg omg omg its sheridan omg omg omg omg its sheridan omg omg omg omg omg omg omg sheridan omg omg omg omg omg omg omg its sheridan omg omg omg omg sheridan omg omg omg Babylon 5!!!!

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

And yeah Dr Soran is back [Smile]
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Sigh 4th post.

I would choose Magic as my power, d&d rules or failing that absolute control over string theory mechanics.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Chillax, man.

As for Claire's brain and his not taking it...perhaps he was able to more quickly and easily study it and divine its inner workings because she was alive and conscious while he did it, something that surely wasn't true of his other victims.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
I also loved the "Claire...that's disgusting!" line.

For me, only one of the reveals wasn't anticipated. I knew that Mohinder would inject himself. I knew that Linderman was a hallucination of some kind, from second time we saw him: because Niki/Jessica/whatever completely ignored his existence. I was completely unsurprised that the turtle wasn't talking to Matt. Even when Hiro was about to open the safe, I figured there'd be something along the lines of "I told you not to open the safe!!"

Edit to add: The only one I can recall NOT predicting was Mrs. Petrelli's revelation regarding Sylar.

[ September 26, 2008, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: BandoCommando ]

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
I also loved the "Claire...that's disgusting!" line.

For me, only one of the reveals wasn't anticipated. I knew that Mohinder would inject himself. I knew that Linderman was a hallucination of some kind, from second time we saw him: because Niki/Jessica/whatever completely ignored his existence. I was completely unsurprised that the turtle wasn't talking to Matt. Even when Hiro was about to open the safe, I figured there'd be something along the lines of "I told you not to open the safe!!"

Edit to add: The only one I can recall NOT predicting was Mrs. Petrelli's revelation regarding Sylar.

I assume the reveal you didn't anticipate was the identity of the shooter, yes?
romanylass
Member # 6306

I had a thought-Mrs Petrelli isn't Sylar's dio-mom, but mothered or midwifed or whatever you want to say, Sylar and other muties at some point in their development ( intervened in some way)
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Did we ever get an explanation as to why Peter blowing up still allowed him to live? How all of his molecular dust must have come back together? Maybe that's why Claire and Sylar will "never die." There could be some strange safeguards for every instance.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he blew up. He was just at the center of the explosion.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
quote:
Just read an interview in Soap Opera Weekly (don't ask)
ummmm...but I must! [Taunt]
I have to read those magazines at work at least once a week. Sometimes I think about the awesomeness of working in a shoe factory in Indonesia and I cry over my lot in life.

[Cry]

Member # 11614

Heroes is awesome, so is netflix insta-watch (or whatever t is called)

I've watched 2 episodes every night for a week, now I'm on "0.07%"

Hiro is officially the coolest character on TV, with his pudgy round face and his squealy anime voice (i can't stop hearing "Flying Man!")

I love this show.

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

Wait until you get into season two to declare your love for it...
Member # 11614

Shutup
Lisa
Member # 8384

Whistled.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.