FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One line descriptions of people (Page 24)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: One line descriptions of people
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't turn out the lights, keep your children indoors, and keep your pistol at the ready, Abby's a-coming!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Terror was a new feeling to Abby, she embraced it gently and tearfully.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow flicked the wipers on, and the defrosters, too. A small fickle shudder ran up his right calf. The passing scenery in a fog, he latched onto the wheel and swung a hard..."

Southpaw. That's what we need.

[ March 23, 2004, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Fallow, I think you've missed the idea on this thread. Start at the beginning to see what Bob had intended.

Descriptions... not random sentences.

Like:

Rich was the kind of guy who told jokes at funerals, but always botched the punchlines.

[ March 23, 2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, leave fallow alone. I figured he was doing surreal portraits or something. Anyway, some of his are really interesting. (some suck, of course, but then they can't ALL be good). [Wink]

Except...
It's all good.

Bob was a Rorschach test folded into an origami boat left to sail wherever the ripples and tiny breezes took it. Mostly.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Since she ended up mothering everyone around her, Abby started dating people with Oedipus complexes.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka had perfected kibitzing to an art form.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Abby!!! [ROFL]

That's two in less than a week!!!

Bob was amazed that he was the only one to come prepared with hiking boots and a walking stick to the class on "how to scale a fish."

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
CT couldn't help being an overachiever - even her dreams were exemplary.

the context

[ March 24, 2004, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffrey was like a comic strip with footnotes.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob had a military bearing -- part #45/299-122B -- it was a gift from the corporal in charge of the supply depot.
fallow
Member # 6268

Fallow's penchant for crayon coloring was always at odds with his myopia when it came to gold stars.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Bob- I think I shall aim for one LOL a page.
fallow
Member # 6268

Fallow swam to shore. Finding a competent morse-code operator lazing about in lit.-reflux, he began sending "S.O.L" messages in random directions, patting out the beat on Ryuko's heinie.

unfortunately, none of the messages got through. ..Whether it was the fault of Fallow's spelling or the translators' machinery remains but a guess to this day.

[ March 25, 2004, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, I warned you about messing with Ryuko, fallow. Don't make me stop this thread!

Bob realized with the glee that only comes from exercising an arbitrary power that he really could stop this thread.

[Grumble] morsecodemachines,indeed [Grumble]

[Big Grin]

[ March 25, 2004, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Big Grin] I loves me some Bob_Scopatz.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tellin Dana.

He entered the bar like the curse of a shadow, gliding along in the dark as if the light itself feared to touch him.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Abby loved her some Bob_Scopatz in a completely platonic, even filial, manner.

Abby edited her messages like a stealthy ninja of message editing... Unfortunately, ninjas were never as stealthy as they seemed in the movies...

[ March 26, 2004, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Well, yeah, who doesn't?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
When inspiration hit Nathan, there was always a lawsuit to follow.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka wondered if Ryuko meant "filial" -- or if there was a secret she (he?? [Eek!] ) had been keeping.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Cecily was the type of person to blame the bank robbery on misunderstood revelations from God.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

It was a measure of the expanse of Abby's heart how very happy other people's happiness made her.
fallow
Member # 6268

Fallow ran about and about with tape trailing behind seeking to measure the bounds of a heart.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich's idea of the "Big Ol' Slurpee Machine of Whoop-Ass" wasn't a financial winner, but it sure did make the late shift at the 7-11 more interesting.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shardok
Member # 6247

- posted      Profile for Shardok   Email Shardok         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam realized soon after the blood stopped draining from his nose that not everyone enjoyed his sarcastic wit.

(am I doing okay at this? My other posts are on page 20) [Confused] [Dont Know]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
The stranger came into town half dead, and his other half wasn't so much living as trying in vain to appear so.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

- posted      Profile for Phil Tice   Email Phil Tice         Edit/Delete Post 
He entered the room with a mission. That mission was to find clean socks. Find them, or die trying.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Melanie's plan fell to pieces when it was revealed that she'd never actually owned a palm pilot. Just a tin of mints and an unyielding desire to jab at it.
fallow
Member # 6268

Helsinore's snores couldn't wake the dead, but hubby's rustling's frightened even the Dread Pirate Roberts.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Shardok, I love it. :Locke, LOL!!
fallow
Member # 6268

ryu, babe.

This breaking character tosses a monkey-wrench into the flow of the thread. It's like vomiting up an asphalt speed-bump in lieu of spitting out your bubble gum.

fallow

Ryuko
Member # 5125

flish: [Razz]

Although I did like your "Melanie..." one. [Big Grin]

fallow
Member # 6268

stop calling me flish!!!!

lord above, what did I do to deserve that name for the rest of my days on this blasted forum?

[Razz]

PS. Never mind. I get what I deserve.

[ March 28, 2004, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

It's what I gotta do! Otherwise I forget that you were once my on-again, off-again rival/nemesis. [Big Grin] [Razz]
fallow
Member # 6268

you was? I don't remember bonkin' heads with you.

(as long as we're breaking character...)

fallow
Member # 6268

now that kinda bothers me. nemesis is kind of a strong term, no?
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
Laziness, in Keith's opinion, was a dirty word. He preferred "artistic stagnation".
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

:Locke turned the key and came to the sudden realization that he'd forgotten to change the locks.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

fallow: It was a joke. [Razz] I remember being very angry at you once, but that's about it. [Big Grin] Now I think you're AOK.
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Matt was like a refrigerator magnet. He lacked the ability to hold a piece of construction paper and there was a picture of a real estate agent on his forehead.

Matt collected posters with pictures of kittens doing cute things and inspirational blurbs at the bottom. Or maybe it was baseball cards.

Matt was a sucker for romantic comedies. Or at least he would have been if prop masters in Hollywood weren’t such sticklers for what they called “real props”.

Matt missed his fifteen minutes of fame waiting in the wrong line at the post office.

Matt felt that the cure for any ailment was a big old helping of Grandma’s chicken soup. Then he died.

(edited to apologize for that last one coming out darker and more morbid than I meant it to)

[ March 29, 2004, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Wussy Actor ]

Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Shardok, 's'all good!

Bob decided to fool everyone and change his keys instead of the locks.

Bob felt like everything was going for him -- usually armed with truncheons and small daggers.

Bob and sepia-tone photography were simply made for each other.

fallow
Member # 6268

Fallow's fondness for flashing lights in the dark depths manifested in an annoying desire to flick the lightswitch on and off, on and off, on and off, on and off, on and off, on and off...
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Rob had a face made for radio...

Well, if you have any questions, my name is Rob....Actually, even if you don't, my name is still Rob...(said to customers who say "I'm just looking...}

Rob is so pale he makes Casper the Ghost look like he has a tan...

Kwea

[ March 30, 2004, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob had chocolate on the brain, which is probably why he's now written up in medical textbooks.

[ March 30, 2004, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Jeffrey is one of those things that go bump in the daytime.

Jeffrey never cried "wolf," he just pointed as he ran in the other direction.

If Jeffrey was ever a step ahead of anybody it's because everyone else had stopped at the edge of the precipice.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dan felt like the whole world was gunning for him, when in truth, it was only about 3% of the population.

As Dan laid down to sleep he never stopped to wonder if the voting booth was the most comfortable place to lay.

Dan was an undecided voter, either a Republicat or a Democan, or if he was feeling really out there, a Aqua-Marine liberal.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob was known for his ankles.

As a fair weather friend, Bob found it was a lot easier living someplace cold and damp.

Bob knew enough to come in out of the rain, it's just that everyone else knew enough to keep their doors and windows locked.

jehovoid
Member # 2014

Bob was named for his uncles.

Jeffrey was voted in high school most likely to end up in prison for something he didn't even do.

Jeffrey would go through the pain of a sunburn just for the joy of peeling off the dead skin.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dan was happy to get the most calls for his performance on that natiowide quasi-reality show, until he discovered it was America's Most Wanted, not American Idol.

Then he was even happier.

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.